Required Classes for the Operations Certificate - Final List

Responsible for keeping the ship/station running at peak efficiency but routing power where needed, monitoring deflectors and sensors, and a variety of other things.
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Greetings everyone. After pondering again about the classes required for the certificate i came to a problem. The Pratical/interactive classes could only be done in Metaverse (or Second Life only...as is the case of Flight related classes). So i had two choices: either i allowed exceptions for Astraios/UFS Grid/RL Chapters in terms of not taking the Pratical classes OR i would simply put up a list of only the most important Theory classes...those that can be taken at the Academy Online, putting every member in a equal ground... I decided on the latter

Therefore i set up a new list...and this time it is the final one. It is the one below:

* Introduction to UFS Operations (currently outdated though you can still take it for Certification as long you realise it is actually outdated as far the Operations Branch Command currently and in the future operates)

* Bridge Duty Stations

* Flight Controller Theory

* Subspace Communications

* Alien Languages 101

* Transporter Certification

* Personal & Intraship Communications

* Pre Flight

* Damage Control and Small Craft Engineering

* Stellar Cartopgraphy 101

You have these classes on your Service Jacket or present to the Operations Branch Command proof that you have these classes (for example the Academy Alumni subforum) and you will be granted your Operations Certificate as soon as humanly possible. Bi-monthly i will do a revision of these classes and decide if new ones should be added or old ones be taken. Though honestly i will try keep this list unchanged as much possible unless we suddenly have new theory classes about Operations that cover a related subject NOT on this list. Also...THIS IS AN OPERATIONS CERTIFICATE...therefore it's classes are SPECIFICALLY about OPERATIONS....so no Intros to UFS or UFS Histories required....

FAQ:

Who's elligible to receive a certification?

EVERY UFS ACTIVE MEMBER THAT HAS TAKEN THE REQUIRED CLASSES.

I have the classes. When will i get the Certificate?

I WILL WORK AS FAST AS I CAN THOUGH IT MIGHT TAKE AWHILE STARTING IT UP. I WILL HOWEVER REOPEN VACANCIES FOR VICE-OPERATIONS BC AND YEOMAN SO EVENTUALLY IT WILL GO FASTER.

What is really the use of this certification?

GOOD QUESTION. FOR NOW....BRAGGING RIGHTS...SOMETHING FOR YOU TO HAVE. I ASSURE YOU HOWEVER THAT THE CHOSEN CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY IN MY OPINION THE BEST ONES PREPARING ANY MEMBER TO TAKE THE POSITION AT OPERATIONS FOCUSING ON EVERY ASPECT AND TASK (HELMS, COMMUNICATIONS AND OTHERS). HOWEVER I HOPE THAT IN THE FUTURE, EVERY CHAPTER COMMANDING OFFICER CAN USE THE CERTIFICATE AS A REFERENCE OF EXCELLENCE. AS YOU CAN SEE...IT DOES REQUIRE A BIT OF DEDICATION TO YOUR BRANCH/POSITION/UFS TO TAKE TIME OF YOUR LIFE TO TAKE THOSE CLASSES AND IMPROVE YOURSELF.

How will they be delievered. What format?

THEY WILL BE IN JPG. SINCE I DONT HAVE EVERYONES EMAIL, I WILL POST YOUR PROFILES IN A PICTURE HOSTING SITE AND THEN SEND YOU THE LINK THROUGH FORUM PRIVATE MESSAGING OR INWORLD MESSAGE IF YOU ARE IN METAVERSE SO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FOR YOURSELF.

That's all Folks....

Anymore Questions you know how to reach me.

In Service

Alberto Torres
Trekkieben2007 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Will some of the classes on this list that presently are not taught at the Academy (at least in SL) Be offered. Some of those I've never seen offered, at least not when I've been on, and I would be more than glad to teach them once I've taken the classes myself so that that part is taken care of?
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Trekkieben2007 Resident wrote:Will some of the classes on this list that presently are not taught at the Academy (at least in SL) Be offered. Some of those I've never seen offered, at least not when I've been on, and I would be more than glad to teach them once I've taken the classes myself so that that part is taken care of?

They are considered active classes and they used to be taught.

I think i am eligible to teach every class of the list but one class, though i don't have the material of every of them yet.

PS.: Actually i still need to take the Intraship communications one :P

Michel currently has the materials of that one.
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I know this is perhaps a big list considering what the Academy is offering....This has the Academy Online in mind.

However i can't wait forever. I am the Operations Branch Commander and this Branch needs activity and needs something.

My advice right now is either ask the Deans....or bug Ramius and Hidalgo even :P

Regardless, i will get all the Classes of the list that i don't have the Instructor Material folder yet and inform everyone when i have that so all the interested ones can start taking them and later teach them if they wish so.

More info about it soon!
Trekkieben2007 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

justalt02 Resident wrote:I know this is perhaps a big list considering what the Academy is offering....This has the Academy Online in mind.

However i can't wait forever. I am the Operations Branch Commander and this Branch needs activity and needs something.

My advice right now is either ask the Deans....or bug Ramius and Hidalgo even :P

Regardless, i will get all the Classes of the list that i don't have the Instructor Material folder yet and inform everyone when i have that so all the interested ones can start taking them and later teach them if they wish so.

More info about it soon!
Thanks, Sounds good. I've taken about half of the classes already I think, so I could work on starting to teach them in world, I'd just need to put in for the materials and get them on the Schedule.

Return to “Operations Branch”