The Operations Blog project: Current Status - Stalled

Responsible for keeping the ship/station running at peak efficiency but routing power where needed, monitoring deflectors and sensors, and a variety of other things.
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

One of my first ideas for the Branch was the creation of a Blog where matters related to the Branch would be posted...From articles, interviews and pictures all about Operations.

I started to create it first and then UFS CompOps came with a wordpress type of blog system centralized and managed by CompOps.

Starting as beta, i signed up for it, but i was warned i couldn't create it with the UFS Ops Branch on it...only has a personal log (that's why it has my name)

I am not good with all this webdesign....Wordpress is simple to use and i managed to come out with something and this is a "first draft"

http://albertotorres.ufslogs.com/

Now...CompOps still has it on beta...and this was supposed to be secret, however CompOps hasn't made this project advance in months...that i am almost inclined to go over them and create separably (as it was the initial plan and i had the OK from the Commander-In-Chief) and face the consequences.

So yes...it is this lack of advancement that does frustrates me a lot...So currently this one is blocked until CompsOps does something about it....But if you all think there something interesting about this idea or you might even have something to add...I am all ears and ready to start a boxing match with CompsOps AND Mike on this.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Headquarters
Grid: Unknown

How can you expect advancement when everything depends on a very few people?

there will be no boxing match whatsoever.....as I said in a post a few days ago...everything will be provided ready and on a platter for the members
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mike Calhoun wrote:How can you expect advancement when everything depends on a very few people?

there will be no boxing match whatsoever.....as I said in a post a few days ago...everything will be provided ready and on a platter for the members

This blog is something i must provide as part of the job description...The "boxing match" wording simply meant i would go back to the initial plan of doing the blog on my own with UFS permission, making it official and not "rogue".

If the blog depended on the Branch only it would have been live months ago and right now we would be discussing it's success or failure.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

I understand what you are saying however the point that I was trying to make is following

a few posts before we still had issues with something as simple as a uniform, another simple thing is awards.....those 2 things are basic things yet seem to provide forahuge headache in UFS...

why try to invent/create/start new things when basic stuff isnt working like clockwork yet?

(NOTE: this is just a simple question...not intended to start problems)
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mike Calhoun wrote:I understand what you are saying however the point that I was trying to make is following

a few posts before we still had issues with something as simple as a uniform, another simple thing is awards.....those 2 things are basic things yet seem to provide forahuge headache in UFS...

why try to invent/create/start new things when basic stuff isnt working like clockwork yet?

(NOTE: this is just a simple question...not intended to start problems)

Because i thought it was what i was supposed to do...come up with ways to add "flavour" for the UFS experience concerning this branch and i always thought the blog could fit that. You even supported this idea back in February...at least you weren't agaunst it.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

I am not against anything.....IF and ONLY IF......its something that is used, gets finished instead of like so many good projects...started and then forgotten because it takes effort and doesnt bring instant glory

and yes...a LOT of people in UFS want instant glory and back out when we actually expect something to work
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mike Calhoun wrote:I am not against anything.....IF and ONLY IF......its something that is used, gets finished instead of like so many good projects...started and then forgotten because it takes effort and doesnt bring instant glory

and yes...a LOT of people in UFS want instant glory and back out when we actually expect something to work

Well it is just a blog...not an ultra-modern database.

and as you can see it is pretty much done. The rest will depend a lot, not just from me but also the rest of the members interested in participating.

Will it be a success and fly? I don't know...but neither do you

All that you know and is factual here: It's an Operations branch project that isn't live yet because of circumstances above the branch itself.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

sadly the UFS Logs project has been cancelled due to the fact that the person who owned the domain and domain name left UFS and deleted the site.....same as with the Academy On Line...

However, I will restart the project soon

Return to “Operations Branch”