Grid: Unknown

UFS has a registered fleet on the STO forum

If you are planning on playing STO, consider joining the UFS Fleet there

http://forums.startrekonline.com/index.php
In Service to United Federation Starfleet

Kattie Koenkamp
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Of course now we will all get hooked into Star Trek Online and not have time for Second Life  :P
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

How do you actually join a fleet on STO?
Marie Lawson
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: Second Life

I want an intrepid :P
Data Axel
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Medical Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ
Grid: Second Life

Wolfton Foulsbane wrote: How do you actually join a fleet on STO?
*waits with Wollfton with the same question*
In Service
Commodore Malrok Marritza (Data Axel)
Medical Officer
Pinastri HQ
Access Service Jacket
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Data Axel wrote:
Wolfton Foulsbane wrote: How do you actually join a fleet on STO?
[me=Wolfton Foulsbane]plays back a recording of Captain Picard saying, "Thank you, Data."[/me]
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Headquarters
Grid: Unknown

you sign up on the forum and you post a 'Im here' post under the UFS thread.

UFS is already a registered fleet in STO

But my good guess is that STO will never launch, if they do, we will post information about it
In Service to United Federation Starfleet

Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mike Calhoun wrote:
you sign up on the forum and you post a 'Im here' post under the UFS thread.

UFS is already a registered fleet in STO

But my good guess is that STO will never launch, if they do, we will post information about it
Total bummer...

But you know... We have enough talent in UFS to pull off something just as good, IMHO.
Eilish Flanagan
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mike Calhoun wrote: But my good guess is that STO will never launch, if they do, we will post information about it
When Perpetual came with the first idea sand news I was mega-enthisiastic.  People together forming a ship in different positions, people work up to being captain.  This new company has the 'every player is a captain' philosophy.... meaning I'm not really interested anymore. 

I'm also starting to doubt if it will ever launch..... but I wont really mind anymore if it doesnt, I'm sorr to say
Mad Hammerer
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I also liked Perpetual's ideas better. Big ships like Galaxy class as mission hubs and the aforementioned need for a player crew to fly a starship.

Cryptic (Developer of the sill running (new Mac client in beta) City of Heros / Villains and the upcoming Champions Online) doesn't only make you Captain of your own ship right away (You will not start with the rank of Captain), you'll be playing the entire bridge crew. Outfitting them, leveling them up, and heavily customizing them form race (you can make new, unseen ones) to uniform and skills.
As early trailers suggest there will be a big focus on combat. Initially it will be Federation vs. Klingon Empire. Both factions playable but only as adversaries, not working together. The story, 30 years after Nemesis, is released year by year on the official website.
But it's not all about combat, exploring will be a big part as well according to the developer who is producing conent ever since they aquired the license using their already existing engine and a lot of mechanics developed for Champions Online.

So why shouldn't STO see the light of day? Do you have insider information? 'Cause from the outside with the regular Q&A sessions and constant release of said story bits and new screenshots, I was under the impression that we will be playing STO rather sooner than later.
Eilish Flanagan
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Well...  considering the original Beta testing was planned for fall 2007 I am swiftly loosing hope that it will still come. 

And idneed... combat... while I'd prefer the roleplaying, diplomacy, exploration, new life, new civilisations theme more then the combat... and combat only as a very very last resort....
Mad Hammerer
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Eilish Flanagan wrote: Well...  considering the original Beta testing was planned for fall 2007 I am swiftly loosing hope that it will still come. 
This is not the old STO developed my Perpetual. This is the new one developed by Cryptic. They didn't use anything from the old one. Not the graphics engine and no content. They started over. Fall '07 they probably didn't even have the license/started to work on the project yet. So this is absolutely no indication that it's not coming out. Cryptic said it will take them about 3 years, probably less because they use an engine and content creation tools they already own.
BlueCoyote Yifu
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

i will join, but only if i get a Target practice, er Oberth class
SVAndrei Baxton
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

So the new one is basically an updated Bridge Commander?
michaels toshi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

actually there will be an inworld economy (no not with US dollars a STAR TREK economy) and you can go on away missions, I think overall it's a win

Return to “Aldebaran Colony”