So, who still plays?

Frostbite Pikajuna

Frosty, I can fix that, if it still needs fixing. What are your full character names?
Also, we are now focusing on the Fleet Starbase so that all our members can get the uniform options we want.
My handle is M'Ressan@maressan and still needs fixed. Been contributing here and there over the last year, but nothing much has been going on. I remember Mike talking about awards for contributions in STO but nothing ever came of it. So, in all, I'm not seeing any return since I don't have access to much of anything in the Fleet.

- Frosty
Wolfton Foulsbane

Done, Frosty.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5, Using Tapatalk
chrislynch

I am on almost daily.
I would be more then happy to team up with anyone to help you rank up.
Lifetime members has a special feature so that we when team play you get extra bonus experience to rank up fast.
John Aries

There was allot of talk and no doing. When i took over as squadron leader a long long time ago I tried to step it up and really nothing came of it. It was all talk nothing was done a demo foundry class called intro to sto was finished and then with no coordination things kinda sizzled out and then people stealing stuff from the bank didn't help either. Its going to take allot of work but the goal is to get STO back to what it should be and ere heading in that direction were working hard to recover from all the inactivity that was brought before. STO has a bright future ahead with UFS

For those reading and interested in joining the in game fleet contact Wolfton Foulsbane or myself grooveshark101 resident

John Aries@johnathanaries is my in game handle
Wolfton Foulsbane

I will begin by adapting the Intro to Intelligence into the Foundry.

The following is an example of what the Foundry looks like.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FDjIGN8I-_E/hqdefault.jpg

One of the challenges I see with adapting text-based lectures to Foundry Missions is that presenting the class in the same manner, a lecturer and a bunch of text, would be boring. Adapting the classes to be more interactive would be better, but following the model of many actual STO missions (game storyline) of moving from one location to another in order to put pieces of a puzzle together is also not necessarily appropriate.

What I found to help plan that adaptation is the Entity Relationship Diagram. I checked, it is available on Google Drive, if you connect the app LucidChart. It is free. Once in LucidChart, open a new file and on the right-hand side choose Standard and then Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).

You can build an ERD by adding ERD Containers (bottom section on the left pane) with the Entity Field, Key, and/or Value. Once you fill in the containers with things such as choices to be made, you can connect them to consequences of those choices by adding lines. These lines have different symbols in them which denote the type of relationship and the direction of that relationship.

As an example, you can have an Entity called Location and in that container, you could have the Field "Campus" with "Pinastri," "Astraios," "New Vinland," or "Starbase One" campuses as Values. Then you could have another container for the Entity "Travel" and the options to "Beam Down" or "Travel via Ship/Shuttle" as Values. You would hover over the container border near the "Pinastri" Value in the "Campus" Entity and then when you see a red dot under your cursor, click and drag to draw a connecting line to "Travel via Ship/Shuttle" Value in the "Travel Entity."

I haven't explored it much more than that, but we could certainly collaborate on the adaptation of classes and especially JSMs to this format. Then we could have an Academy board vote on when the ERD is mature enough (and meets the Academy's requirements) to be adapted to The Foundry.

As a plus, these ERDs could be helpful in planning other things like roleplay missions in Metaverses or even adapting to other platforms.

Return to “Aldebaran Colony”