Official Subspace Commns: Astraios Sector & UFS Command

Moderators: Ellemir Maven, Alia Soulstar, Ellemir Maven, Alia Soulstar, Ellemir Maven, Alia Soulstar

Valerius Swansong
Q
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

*YOUR EYES ONLY*

Stardate: 110512
From: CMDR Valerius Swansong, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
To: LTJG Poison Toocool, Sector Commander, UFS Astraios
cc: FADM Mike Calhoun, Commander in Chief; CMDR Jadia Triellis, Commander Starfleet

Re: Treaty Violation

Commander Toocool:

I have now had time to review the actions that led to the successful extraction of Commodore Reiner from the Klingon insurgents. I have also reviewed the command logs from Captain Darax.

Your analysis of the Treaty of Algeron is partially correct. Whilst an amendment was agreed with the Romulan Star Empire in 2371, this was a specific amendment relating to escalating tensions with the Dominion.

With the Romulan Star Empire being a signatory to the Typhon Pact in 2381, the Treaty of Algeron was maintained and the 2371 clause was removed.

As I stated in my communication to you on 110509, your use of this technology was an imaginative solution to a difficult situation that you faced.

With immediate effect all data and materials regarding this action are to be secured and encrypted to Omega 1b Clearance levels only. Your personnel are requested and required to seal their logs on this issue, it is not to be discussed outside of the chain of command.

No official record of this is to exist in the public domain and your service record will not reflect this break of Treaty. You are, therefore, cleared to resume your command.

Swansong out.
Poison Toocool
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral
Duty Post: Captain/CO
Ship/Station Posted: USS Baker NCC-221
Grid: Second Life

To: Cmdr. Valerius Swansong, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
Stardate: 110516

Subject: USS Argonaut NCC-74398

Sir, USS Argonaut left spacedock yesterday for a supposed tour of the Sector. In reality, they set course for the star cluster in which the ion storm of 110325 originated. Several of our officers, including Sector Commander Poison Toocool, were aboard. At approximately 110515.1312 the Argonaut moved out of sensor range and have not been heard from since. I have used my authority as Acting Commander to send the Saber Class vessel USS Marco Polo NCC-61338 to the Argonaut's last known coordinates to reestablish communications or offer assistance if needed. Nothing has been found as yet. USS Marco Polo continues their search. Otherwise, Sir, the colony is secure.

In service,
LT Smyth
Valerius Swansong
Q
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Stardate: 110512
From: CMDR Valerius Swansong, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
To: LT Chuck Smyth, Acting Commander, UFS Astraios

Re: USS Argonaut NCC-74398

Lieutenant Smyth:

You are to spare no effort in relocating the USS Argonaut all other matters are to take second priority. I will expect regular reports on this matter.

Swansong out.
Poison Toocool
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

From: LTjg Poison Toocool, Sector Commander, Astraios Colony
To: Cmdr. Valerius Swansong, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations

Stardate: 110901

Sir, it is my duty to report to you some troubling circumstances that have occurred in this area of the quadrant. KP442 is located in a galaxy bordering the Astraios Sector approximately 20 ly from our position. The mining colony located there suffered an alarming outbreak of sickness similar to the Terran virus known as Cholera. The norovirus was spread through the water supply. Fifty-two people died and the rest of the colony was in a panic and under tight quarantine. USS Argonaut, with the assistance of USS Faithful, was able to obtain samples of the virus and determine a cure. The colony is now returning to health.

My medical and science officers have been working to determine the makeup of the norovirus. Data clearly shows the cholera virus was muted with an alien bacteria that does not occur naturally anywhere in this area of the quadrant as far as we can tell. Therefore it was either carried from a source many light years away by some innocent party, or… it was created here, by someone, as a biological weapon. Research continues.

In the event that this outbreak was a possible attack, I have ordered the USS Argonaut to sweep the system for warp signatures and to investigate any possible leads. Astraios continues on a state of high alert until I am satisfied the safety of the Sector is not threatened.

In Service
LTjg Poison Toocool
Sector Commander
UF Starfleet Astraios
Poison Toocool
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

=^= Encrypted Communique =^=

From: LTjg Poison Toocool, Sector Commander, Astraios Colony
To: Captain Kermie Mistwallow, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations

Stardate: 110916

Sir the USS Argonaut has continued its investigation into the poisoning of the water supply at KP442 Colony. They located an abandoned shuttle on a KP442 moon which was shown to be used to carry the virus to that location. They then scanned the area around the moon and discovered three uniquely different warp signatures leading away from the moon.

They followed the first unidentified warp signature from the KP442 system to an unknown planet. They found ruins, ships, signs of occupation but no humanoids present. Their visit was uneventful, however, they noted a flag bearing an emblem somewhat similar to the flag of the Dominion. It is my recommendation that Intelligence be sent to survey the planet further in case it is being used as a base for nefarious activities by rogue Jem'Hadar or other Dominion associates.

The Argonaut continues their investigations in this matter.

In service,
LTjg Poison Toocool
Sector Commander
UF Starfleet Astraios

=^= Message Ends =^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

=^= Encrypted Communique =^=

From: Poison Toocool, Commanding Officer, Astraios Colony
To: Commodore Kermie Mistwallow, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations

Stardate: 120313

Greetings from the Astraios Sector, Commodore. I hope this missive finds you well. I'm afraid I have some troubling news to report. Recently we responded to a request for assistance, from what seemed to be a benign cargo vessel travelling to Treman with goods to trade. Most of the dozen crew of 'The Starfish' were sick, and the freighter was dangerously close to a large asteroid belt. In investigating their situation further we have discovered a hidden cargo bay and records that reveal a large and active pirate ring is operating here, trading in items like banned weapons and, more seriously, bacterial agents for the purposes of germ warfare. We have neutralized the threat from this vessel and a team is currently undertaking a covert mission to gain more information. Due to the threat of biological weaponary, I have raised our defstat to 2 pending further developments.

In service,
Poison Toocool, Commanding
UF Starfleet Astraios

=^= Message Ends =^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

=====^====== Encrypted Message from USS Argonaut coming in on Secure Channel security level Alpha 1/level 5 =====^======

FROM: Captain Poison Toocool, Commanding Officer Astraios Colony and SS Astraios, aboard USS Argonaut, 6LY trailing SS Astraios

TO: Lieutenant Commander Mac Gaelyth, Office of the Fleet Strategist, UFS Operations
CC: Commodore Kermie Mistwallow, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
Brigadier General Miles Prower, Commandant, United Federation Starfleet Marine Corps
Fleet Admiral Mike Calhoun, Commander-in-Chief of UF Starfleet

RE: Deployment, Task Force Four

This is an urgent request that all ships that may be spared from Astraios Sector security be immediately deployed to Sector G-010D, grid J8 (Astraios). We have located a shielded planetoid that appears to have been commandeered by pirates and slavers operating in the Sector. The Argonaut has made first contact with the indigenous population, and they have requested our assistance, given that women and children have been taken by the slavers. We expect pirate vessels at our location within the next few hours. Available member vessels of the Task Force would provide assistance in protecting the planetoid population and rescuing those captured, and disabling the pirate fleet.

Further, Captain Targus Libre (NPC) and USS Huitzilopochtli may also be able to render assistance, long range communications confirm they may reach our position within the next few hours, in advance of the rest of the Task Force.

=====^====== Encrypted Message ends =====^======
Admiral Poison Toocool | Command
-Deputy Commander-in-Chief
-UFS Honor Guard Commander

Delta Company Graduate 110104

https://lcars.ufstarfleet.org/index.php ... on_Toocool
Poison Toocool
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

=====^====== Encrypted Message from USS Argonaut coming in on Secure Channel security level Alpha 1/level 5 =====^======

FROM: Captain Poison Toocool, Commanding Officer Astraios Colony and SS Astraios, aboard USS Argonaut, 6LY trailing SS Astraios

TO: Lieutenant Commander Mac Gaelyth, Office of the Fleet Strategist, UFS Operations
CC: Commodore Kermie Mistwallow, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
Brigadier General Miles Prower, Commandant, United Federation Starfleet Marine Corps
Fleet Admiral Mike Calhoun, Commander-in-Chief of UF Starfleet

Stardate: 120909.1100

RE: Loss of starship

I regret to inform you that the USS Huitzilopochtli was destroyed at 120908.1243. The USS Argonaut had been evacuating the Huit crew. Deaths: 20. The remaining 350 are alive and aboard, however, there are some serious injuries currently being treated. A service will be held for those lost as soon as our current mission allows. I cannot yet inform the families due to our situation at present and the inability to use long range communications for any length of time. I am unsure if you will receive this communication.

We believe the pirate vessel, a Klingon Bird of Prey, part of the group that destroyed the Huit, is disabled and on the planet surface. We are deploying Marines and Security to take it under our control and hopefully bring some of the perpetrators to justice. The other two pirate vessels were destroyed.

The captain and crew of the Huitzilopochtli should be commended for their bravery under fire, and their willingness to sacrifice their lives in service of the fleet.

Toocool out.

=====^====== Encrypted Message ends =====^======
Admiral Poison Toocool | Command
-Deputy Commander-in-Chief
-UFS Honor Guard Commander

Delta Company Graduate 110104

https://lcars.ufstarfleet.org/index.php ... on_Toocool
Poison Toocool
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral

==^== Encrypted Message from USS Argonaut ==^==
=Secure Channel security level Alpha 1/level 5=

*YOUR EYES ONLY*

Stardate: 130808
From: Captain Poison Toocool, Colony Commander, UFS Astraios
TO: FCptn Mac Gaelyth, Sector Commander Sector 001
cc: FCptn Piper John, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
cc: FAdm Mike Calhoun, Commander in Chief

Re: Spouwwqnan Threat

We have recently come into contact with a non-corporeal life-form named "Spouwwqna" by their unwilling host species, the Naasirkhans. The Spouwwqna are invisible energy beings with extraordinary psychic powers. They orchestrated a number of events, including the kidnapping and abuse of 210 civilians from the Treman system. The hostages have been rescued by the USS Argonaut but we now find our flagship, the USS Neil Armstrong, has come under attack. Her crew is missing, and we have boarded her to find out where they went and follow them.

We have developed a short-range weapon that removes these energy beings from the surrounding area but are unable to transmit the details over comm link due to the possibility that the receivers of this message may be under Spouwwqnan influence. Therefore I am ordering the USS Argonaut to SS Astraios with all due haste to carry this information home. I am taking the USS Neil Armstrong, with a skeleton crew, to search for her Federation crew.

I have declared a defensive status of DefStat 2 in the Astraios Sector due to this threat. No one is to leave or enter the Sector at this time due to the risk of contamination.

Please be prepared to receive a personal messenger from me, a Vulcan medical officer named T'Pala, who will carry details of the Spouwwqnan attack method and the weapon we created to defeat them. She will arrive at SS Astraios aboard the USS Argonaut and will immediately make contact with you.

The danger of Spouwwqnan infiltration is a grave concern.

In service,
Cptn Poison Toocool
Commanding Officer, Astraios

=====^====== ENDS =====^======

Return to “SS Astraios Archives”