110807 - USS Faithful mission - "Fetch"

Starfleet re-established its first Colony in the Gamma Quadrant on Astraios Prime on stardate 110111. SS Astraios is a space-station in high orbit above the planet Astraios Prime, to help with its protection and provide a base for the local fleet. UFS Astraios Colony and SS Astraios are tasked with the mission of ‘broadening horizons’ within the Gamma Quadrant, by exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new civilisations.

The opportunity for roleplay Missions is enhanced by the ready availability of a wide variety of locations. As well as the space station SS Astraios and on board NPC ships, including our flagship the Galaxy-class USS Neil Armstrong, there are locations on Astraios Prime (both within the Colony’s many Starfleet regions and on the rest of the planet) and more, both on 3rd Rock Grid and other Grids via the Hypergrid.

In addition to role-play, UFS Astraios hosts a weekly Starfleet Boogie each Tuesday and various events throughout the year.

Roleplay Times: Friday Noon SL
Commanding Officer: Alia Soulstar
Executive Officer: Ellemir Maven

Moderators: Ellemir Maven, Alia Soulstar

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

================
Sector Commander's Log
SS Astraios Ready Room
Stardate 110806
Position: Orbit of Astraios Prime
================

Now one of the crucial parts of the Sector's communications system has been cleared of interference, we have been receiving a signal from a source outside the borders of the system routed via ComA X27. The signal is familiar. We have been able to determine it originates from a starfleet probe... but it is not responding to our attempts to contact it and download data. I have ordered engineering to gather an away team and take one of our new runabouts to investigate and bring the probe back for study. It could be a probe launched from the missing USS Condor... if so it might contain valuable data as to what happened to our Science vessel.

=A=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

Crew Manifest

Mission Leader/Captain: LT Cmdr Karl Quar
Medical: Ens Genny7 Markus
Science: Ens Aldo Alchemi
Helm/Tactial: LTjg Dolfke Barbosa

Guest:
Civilian Engineer: David7 Bravin (Cadet)
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

Mission Images

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

==========================
Reporting:
Rank, Name: LT Cmdr Karl Quar
Position: Team Leader/Captain
Stardate: 110807

Log entry:

We boarded the Faithful for this task. The pilot (LTjg Barbosa) brought us close to the probe and we inspected it. We have not been able to decrypt messages sent by the probe. The high radiation level forbade us to further extend our presence in this space area. Even though the shields were raised, Science officer Ensign Alchemi was affected by the radiation, and needed treatment from our doctor (Ensign Markus).

I decided to use the tractor beam in order to put the probe into our vessel, and removed the communication unit, with the help of a visiting civilian engineer (Cadet Bravin), for later analysis in safety. The probe was still causing troubles to our impulse engine, so i released it in space and had it destroyed. We came back to Astraios and the communication unit has been stored in a container in the Science lab for further analysis. I really wonder what we can see through it...

=A=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

Reporting:
Rank, Name: Ensign Genny7 Markus
Position: Medical

Log entry:

The crew were called to board USS Faithful on a mission to the outer region of the sector. On our arrival we found a probe. Ensign Alchemi was able with the help of the ships' computer to figure out the origin of the probe and found that it had come from the lost ship USS Condor. At that point Ensign Alchemi began to feel ill, the probe was giving off high levels of radiation. The ship was moved to a safer distance from the probe although the engines were being affected by the radiation. I administered a hypospray to Ensign Alchemi and after a short interval he was able to return to his post. It was decided to take the communication part of the probe on board the ship and put it into the ships' hold surrounded by screening. A torpedo was released and destroyed the probe and the ship was quickly back to full power and was able to return to the Colony with the communication part of the probe for the Science department to study.

=A=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

Reporting:
Rank, Name: LTjg Dolfke Barbosa
Position: Helm/Ops/Tactical

Log entry:

With our new Runabout, the USS Faithful, we went in space to pickup a Starfleet probe. Once we got there, we found a pretty bad malfunctioning one, and it was even spreading so much radiation, that it could endanger our runabout. It took not long, our Science officer, Ensign Alchemi was affected by the radiation, and needed threatment from our doctor.

Our captain decided, with the help of engineering, to pull out the communications module of the Probe. The radiation even infected the impulse engines, so the USS Faithful was not be able to get out of the vicinity and came under danger. Even our deflectors could not enough protect us from that very strong and weird radiation, maybe alien.
As we did not need the probe itself, since we got the Communications Module itself, with the data, our captain decided to destroy it, to get us lose. I fired a torpedo at it, and we were able to return home again.

The probe will be studied by Science, they believe it came from our missing Science vessel USS Condor. Maybe we can find out what happened to our Ambassador, Utu dam Kotosklo.

=A=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

Reporting:
Rank, Name: Ensign Aldo Alchemi
Position: Science

Log entry:

A small tactical team captained by Karl Quar, went on a recovery mission trying to find a probe possibly from the Condor, hoping to find out what happened to our science vessel.

On board for this task was Lt Cdr Karl Quar, LTjg DolfkeBarbosa, Doctor Genny7 Markus, Civilian Engineer David7 Bravin, and myself Aldo Alchemi.

We had difficulties from the very start, as our vessel seemed a bit chaotic, but after a quick fix made by Lt Cdr Quar we were able to fly until we reached the probe signals.

A strange radiation was around it and although the probe did, in fact, signal us with the standard USF messages, I suspected some tampering of it, and was suspicious. I did believe that the probe was actually luring us in, and that the message was a recording designed to serve as bait, tempting us into a dangerous space.

Measurements indicated the radiation levels were becoming increasingly high and that the probe had been contaminated by the same.

I suggested our captain not to bring the piece onboard, because of the risk in radiation it presented. Ltjg. Barbosa suggested to bring in only the communication module.

Mr Bravin made it so, because the communication device was still working but not responding to us. We also applied a filter in the hopes of keeping all radioactive material out (this is almost impossible because any comm device is in essence radioactive by standard).

I suddenly became sick, and experienced blurry vision, after a quick check Doc. Markus took my place at the instrument board and I must admit I passed out.

When I came back to my senses, the communication device was onboard, and Doc Markus gave me back my post. We launched a torpedo at the remains of the probe destroying it totally.

We turned around and returned to base. Upon landing I requested a medical check, to find out the radiation poisoning had extended to all on board. We might have had some radiation leaking inside the vessel or some teleported on board with the device. All were treated.

I have been feeling fine since that day, and have had no further symptoms.

=A=

Return to “SS Astraios”