110511 - Astraios BATTLE DRILL: "Warped"

Starfleet re-established its first Colony in the Gamma Quadrant on Astraios Prime on stardate 110111. SS Astraios is a space-station in high orbit above the planet Astraios Prime, to help with its protection and provide a base for the local fleet. UFS Astraios Colony and SS Astraios are tasked with the mission of ‘broadening horizons’ within the Gamma Quadrant, by exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new civilisations.

The opportunity for roleplay Missions is enhanced by the ready availability of a wide variety of locations. As well as the space station SS Astraios and on board NPC ships, including our flagship the Galaxy-class USS Neil Armstrong, there are locations on Astraios Prime (both within the Colony’s many Starfleet regions and on the rest of the planet) and more, both on 3rd Rock Grid and other Grids via the Hypergrid.

In addition to role-play, UFS Astraios hosts a weekly Starfleet Boogie each Tuesday and various events throughout the year.

Roleplay Times: Friday Noon SL
Commanding Officer: Alia Soulstar
Executive Officer: Ellemir Maven

Moderators: Ellemir Maven, Alia Soulstar

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

===============
Captain's Log
Stardate 110511
USS Condor
Astraios Sector
================

Nova class science vessel USS Condor on a routine charting mission near the outskirts of Astraios Sector. At 110511.1217 the ship suddenly dropped out of warp with no warning or immediate explanation to hand.
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

CREW MANIFEST

CO - LTjg Poison Toocool
ENGINEERING - Ens.Alia Soulstar

GUESTS
OPS - LT Teresa Firelight (hologram)

SCIENCE - guest civilian scientist Aldo Alchemi
HELM - guest civilian engineer Jimbob Ross
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

IMAGES

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

================================
Reporting:
Rank, Name: LT Teresa Firelight (guest hologram)
Position: Operations

We were on a routine patrol when we suddenly lost warp, 50% of inernal power and some systems began to fail. Science detected that we were in close proximity to some type of phenoneum that resembled a star "being born." The hull was bombarded with vibrations that turned out to be a form of communcation. It took a while to decrypt and translate but I got a 2-way comm set up between the captain and the ..er.. star-being.

It turned out that we had entered an area considered a stellar nursary. The Star-being guarding the nursary was sentient and considered itself a god. We were being sucked into the nursery and may have been on the menu as lunch for the infant stars. We were unable to break free.
When we were a mere 10,000 KM from destruction and consumption, the catpain pretended to pay homage to the star-being who considered itself a diety. She offered to become a prophet for the being and to carry news of its greatness across the galaxy. The creature accepted her proposal and released us. We dropped a few warning buoys and then departed the area wth all haste.
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

Reporting:
Rank, Name: Civilian Engineer Jimbob Ross
Position: Helm

As a courtesy, I was asked to relieve a very overworked and tired Ensign at the helm of this wonderful starship and I eagerly agreed. I had flown fighters before and shuttlecraft, and trained in simulation, but this was the first time of handling a real starship - it was an opportunity I couldn’t resist.

We were cruising along with me beginning to relax at the helm, surprised at how delicate and yet complex the controls are. I have to say she handles like a dream. Suddenly we dropped out of warp. At first I thought it was something I had done and I began to scan the console. It was with some relief I heard the reports saying we had encountered a phenomenon which had drained warp power.

As ordered I dropped into 1/2 impulse power at around 20,000 km away from the cloud (for want of a better description). I soon found the ship being drawn towards the cloud as if it were a magnet. I advised the captain of this and engineering got to work trying to give me a little more power so we could try and escape its clutches.

I used what little power we had to try and break free, however we only got a short distance away and had to ease off the power due to the ship vibrating so bad it could have caused damage. 'Great', I thought, 'just my luck if I was to lose a starship on my first attempt, how would I explain that to my superiors'.

After some diggging and investigation from my collegues we discovered that the phenomenon was some sort of parent protecting and feeding its children, however it was suggested by a crew member that it may have a god complex and thought of itself as such. The unusual step of saying a prayer (I was praying to any god that was listening) to this god, and offering to become a follower spreading the word to all we met, was taken.

At this time we were 8000 km from the phenomenon, but to my relief we has stopped being dragged into the cloud... for now. During this period, engineering had managed to get warp back online, I have to give those Starfleet engineers credit, they think fast on their feet.

The god thought that this idea of sending us out as a messenger was a god one and bid us on our way. After laying in the course and dropping a warning marker buoy a short distance away, we left the area and warped out of there.

=A=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

Reporting:
Rank, Name: Ensign Alia Soulstar
Position: Engineering

Sweeping the far edges of the Astraios Sector, our warp drive cut out. We emerged beside a Bok Globule, an area of star formation—gas and molecular cloud with unusual hydrogen crystals. Intense magnetic radiation from this phenomenon polarised the hull, turning us into a giant magnet. The hull began to vibrate with an aperiodic pulse which we determined to be a unique form of communication from an unknown entity. The language was deciphered and appeared to emanate from a being known as 35ky7x which seemed to believe it was a Mayan God, the creator of humanity, but had lost the co-ordinates for Earth. Captain Toocool judged this entity to be deluded and played along with its story, deceiving it so that we could make an escape. The region around this being has been entered in star charts as hazardous.

=A=

Return to “SS Astraios”