Personal Log - Mr Souleymane Senghor

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

The Personal Logs of
Mr Souleymane Senghor ((Indie Author, Civilian HG Member))
-Astraios, Gati, N'doto, Takaar, Treman-
will be posted here.
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

Personal Log
Stardate: 150309
The Motherland – en route from Astraios to Takaar
===========================================

PADD, engage triple layer encryption.

[[The PADD beeps, then replies “Engaged”]]

Man, oh man, it's good to be back on this ship! I gave it the once over twice, and it doesn't look like the Starfleets did anything more than a cursory inspection. They wouldn't have found anything. Not from the run they caught me on. All I had was Driss and coffee from Earth. Well, and this PADD, which was not in a place they would have found it without literally ripping the ship apart.

Since my last log, which was a good three or four weeks ago, when I bought Driss from those asses that my father and brothers associated with. Anyway, once I left them, I took the Motherland into the Takaar nebula. I've hidden in it before now, but getting out of the asteroid belt DID cause the ship some damage. Before I could correct it, I'd been boarded by Starfleet. When they contacted me, I told them I was fine, but they boarded me anyway. Probably some goody goody rescue attempt on their part … they claim that I am a suspected smuggler. That's interesting, considering I've never been arrested by Starfleet before. Maybe they confused me with one of my brothers. There ARE twelve of them. Probably Samba, since both of our names start with an S. I would ask Poison, but she'd probably only get mad at me again for accusing her beloved Starfleet of an illegal arrest and false accusations against a Federation citizen. The fact that I am a smuggler isn't the point. The point is that I am not a smuggler with a record in Starfleet.

Anyway, they boarded, took Driss to their hospital, and me straight to a nice, shiny, clean Federation brig. I got to see Driss for a minute, and then I saw her again …

I didn't know her name then. Hell, when I first set eyes on her she was almost completely naked. I was on the ship to collect a couple of sex slaves to deliver to a personal buyer on Treman. I heard a rucus and entered a room and … gods, a Klingon and two humans tag teaming one woman .. well .. now maybe I was wrong about that part, but … that's what it looked like to me at the time. Last time I had seen such bad odds was when my father, Samba and Oni all tried to rape Driss. The good that came out of that was finally getting some respect from my fathers and brothers. After that they sat down and negotiated with me about Driss. That's when they finally let her alone. Man, me and Driss were only twelve. But after I beat up men in my own family, they treated me like a man, even before my manhood rite.

darn, I am really rambling. I guess that's one of the things Poison does to me. I beat the Klingon and the humans off of her. But then reinforcements came. More darn pirates, and I got the hell beaten out of me. That fight was pretty intense, but I got off the station, and got the hell out of there. Good thing too because the station exploded .. the concussive blast almost killed The Motherland, but we got away. Me and my cargo of girls. Anyway, the girls … they were that kind that liked being slaves, so I didn't even bother to offer to lose them, since the station had exploded, then it would have been pretty obvious that they had died. They weren't interested, so I delivered them, and got on with my life.

I thought that girl was dead …..

Anyway .. yea … a couple years later, and she crops up again! And turns out shes a darned Starfleet .. an officer no less.

She shanghai's me … Offering to take care of Driss in exchange for me helping her rescue the remaining prisoners that hijacked Driss's ship. I agree to that, even though I planed to return anyway, because of Fuku. Her mother wanted me to take care of her before she died and I will do it. I've even come to love that kid ….

Right, right … rambling again.

We get the kid. They took my advice and probably violated a few Starfleet nicey nicey rules in the process. Of course she attached to me … but I did not expect her to latch onto Poison the way she had. But I have always believe that children know … and Fuku all but adopting Poison too told me a lot about Poison she still ain't shared with me.

I think that's when I actually started falling in love with her.

That only got more intense as we headed back to Astraios colony … with a stopover at Gati on Ndoto. I can almost feel her spirit, as stupid as that sounds. I had the same thing with Kattell. But with Kattell, I fought harder against my feelings. A few years fighting - me and her. Now, I know a losing battle when I see one. So I didn't fight it.

But she did. Poison is so back and forth with me it's almost funny. I probably don't help when I bait her, but that goads her into more of her true feelings. She's conflicted about me. Probably because of her last relationship. I can almost see the scars of that on her. Dunno what happened, but it was bad for her, whatever it was.

Just before I left, she laid into me like a Ndoto wolf on the hunt! But thats when I think I realized she cares more than even I thought she did. So I held her and thats when she asked me if I would love her if she were a tree or a dog .. or even a man.

[[pauses and sighs very deeply]]

No, I'm not gonna tell her about Zov. Probably for the same reasons she doesn't want to tell me that if she even has a gender, she isn't representing it to anyone, not even her beloved Starfleets.

[[clears his throat, roughly]]

I told her I didn't care what she is, even a man. And I don't. I am falling in love with her spirit or her soul or her essence or whatever it is she wants to call it. Driss is just over the moon that I am starting to care again. Not even she knew about Zov. She wouldn't judge me. She is my twin and all she cares about is my happiness.

[[clears his throat again]]

Well … I'm on my way to Takaar. The Syarks will probably agree to this little trade agreement I have, especially once I tell them that the UFS finally knows they exist and how rich their resources are. All I can hope is that, if it starts a war between the Syarks and the Welkins, that Starfleet doesn't blame me.

PADD, end log.

=^=

Return to “Astraios Lounge”