Personal Log - Urul Yven

Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior

Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 160413.0729

So....back on a ship. And not "a ship" but the USS Taylorholic Durant. The Flagship of the fleet. Still have to find my way through all the decks and stations . But with the crew helping me i am quite sure i will soon find my office and not end up in the crewmen lounge like last time. Ok, so they had something to laugh about, but crewman .... yeah sure...now i forgot the name, helped me around.

It's not easy to get back after 4 years of absence. 4 years i needed to find back to myself . The service in the fleet is exhausting, that leads sometimes to the fact that you have to take a break, to get some distance , so to find back to yourself and to think about how you expect your life to go on.

I travelled around the Quadrant, visited several planets, had the chance to get in touch with interesting cultures and lifeformes and had the opportunity to work on interesting science projects , due to my experience as science officer in UFS.

But after a certain time i had doubts if this life was the right one for me!

After checking up the pros and contras i came to the conclusion that i have to get back into active duty.

Due to the fact that i travelled around a lot and came in touch with lot of cultures in the Delta Quadrant and took notice of my experiences and due to the fact that i made connections to lots of notable peronalities in the Delta Quadrant i became the offer to join the Flagship as Chief intel Officer.

This is a unique opportunity and so i accepted . Now like i said before i try to find my way around the ship and i am studying old and new Intel reports so that i can as soon as possible be a full member of the crew and serve at my best so to protect the UFS and her allies.

in service
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 160415.1014

I missed a lot the last years . It's astonishing through what UFS went through and it's surprising what information Intel gathered in all the yeras i was away.

I am reading hours and hours about new species, new planets, new inventions, new ships, prototypes, etc....

It's good that the USS Durant has a lot of possibilities to relax, to talk with old friends, to simply switch off...otherwise the letters would zip the whole time around me, during day time and when i sleep.

But beside the intel logs i am also reading about the new politics of UFS, about members that passed away (some of them were good friends of me), about members that quit UFS and about new members that proved a great amount of responsibilty what made them get fast into places with responsibilty.

UFS is changing regularely and it seems that it changes to the better. I hope....

Well enough for today...i have to study on

in service
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 160919

Computer start log.....

Today i finally find some time to record a log. A lot happened since the last time i found the time to just relax a bit in my room on the USS Durant.

The main change is that i am now part of the Marines. Due to my experience as Intel Officer and as former Commandant of UFSA they asked me to join them and to give my wisdom on to the new recruits on the SS Athena.

What does this mean for me? More time to relax...not at all, because in the end they informed me that they think that i will be a good CO TRACOM. This one came unexpected, but as i am i accepted the challenge and tried to help as much as possible to restructure TRACOM and the UFSMCA and i am going on to give on ideas to my superiors so that we can set up a strong Marine Corps again.

Furthermore i participate in several programs that are offered from UFS...i am participating in the C&GSDG program and i am a mentor in the JOOP program, so to help young officers to find their way through UFS .

Then i am helping as school director in the UFSA and i am still doing the Director of Support Services job.

Well i think that i have enough to do for the moment....oh...now i nearly forgot that i am also the OIC of the Marine detachment aboard the USS Durant.

Well this all means a lot of planning, but i think i do that quite good.

Time for....

*receives a call from the CO of the ship*

*sighs*

Computer end log
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 160930

*Angrily says*

Computer start log.....

Bad news .....really bad news.

A Corporal under my Command deserted, he joined a sect that believes in the superiority of robots, positronic beings, the Borg .....impossible. How comes one human being too such an idea.

*sips on his Romulan Ale and eats his dinner*

Now i have a lot of paperwork before me. 6,7,8 instances have to be informed of this disaster. marine Intel as well as UFS Intel, Security and engineering are working on this case. It's our duty to find Corporal Amaro and to judge him. This is a case for a court-martial.

But i fear that Command will also ask me a lot of questions because i was his superior.

Why didn't you know about the fact that he is in touch with a sect?
Why did you allow him to quit the ship?
Haven't there been no peculiarities?
What do you do to get him back?
Did no one of your subordinates notice something unusual?
and so on......

Well i have to go logically through this one . I have to be prepared for every eventuality.

First thing i'll do is asking a detailled report from Staff Sergeant Ruocal. He can ask the Marines aboard if they noticed something unusual going on with the Corporal.

And after my dinner i will write some reports as well.

Computer end log
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 170315.1128

Computer start log....

They don't believe me. The Doc thinks i had some halluzinations when i saw Commodore Toocool in the XOs ready room during the radioactive explosion. He gave me a medication against headaches....i doin't have any headaches and i for sure saw the Commodore in front of me.

She telepathically communicated to me, she was for sure there ....

Possibly i have to have a word with Security to check the room for DNA traces, so they will see that there was someone looking similar to her, herself..what's impossible because she just came back from the planet... or an entity that can take on different forms or even someone who underwent plastic surgery to look like her.

It's terrible when you start to doubt on yourself because no one believes you.

*sighs desperately*

*shouts* I know what i saw *hits with his fist angrily on the desk*

Computer...end log
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 170317.1533

Computer start log

This night i woke up. I had a nightmare of what happened on the bridge. For a fraction of a second i had the impression that someone was in my room, watching me. But when putting on the light...nothing. Just me, sweating.

It was impossible to fall asleep again, so i stood up and went into the gym. The whole time i felt observed....

Due to the fact that i was alone in the gym i ordered the computer to make some good Klingon Music. I worked out, was distracted when the music suddenly stopped and a voice said "It's not yet over".........

The music started again to play, i stopped my work out and looked around. Nothing. I ordered the Computer to check if in the last 30 minutes i was in the Gym there was another person or something else.

The computer gave me a clear no and explained that i was the whole time alone.

This time i let the music out and went on with my workout until my shift began.

Everybody that saw me in the morning was aware that something happened, but no one asked, because they know that when i am bad tempered i overreact sometimes, what is not appreciated by my superiors, but that's me.

Computer end log
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 170320.1059

Computer start log...

I am relieved. I just was told by the CO that there was something on the bridge, that i had no hallucinations. After a week of nearly no sleep because i thought that i am getting crazy i finally slept well this night.

As it seems the same entity sabotaged the peace talks as well. So we have to deal with something unknown that does not want peace or that we interfere.

Why?

...Computer end log
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 170425.1121

Computer start log....

*reads the orders from the CO*
"INTELLIGENCE - providing full tactical and cultural briefs on Jarleth and surrounding sectors"
*mumbles "Yes Sir" for himself*

We have not yet finished the analyses on "The Beings" and "The Others" and the CO asks Intel already to provide full tactical and cultural briefs on Jarleth, etc....

How? We have only 4 Intel Officers aboard, 2 of them have clearance to all data, the other 2 are not long enough in Intel to get full clearance.

Now i will concentrate on my duties:

1) Analyzing "The Beings" and "The Others"
2) providing full tactical and cultural briefs on Jarleth and surrounding sectors

My hope is that the department will let me be quiet now for some time. So that i can do my job.

Computer end log
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 170504.1109

Computer star log...

Since the day that species was in my head i am not the same anymore. I can't concentrate, have sudden anger attacks, feel depressive....i am not myself anymore. It changed something in me, but i don't wanna go to the Doc, because i fear that he will prescribe me some spare time , without doing anything Starfleet related.

I am checking the Computer if there were similar cases in the past and what helped against the changements caused by species that communicate via telepathy to you. If there is a medic or a meditation form that eventually can help.

Possibly i visit our ship counselor, eventually she knows a solution and as far as i know she can't order me to step back or to retire or to take an LOA. Again an LOA, again nothing to do...i am sure this time i won't survive it.

My life is aboard a ship of the fleet not on the ground in an office .

Computer end log
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 170512

Start log

We have a new Crewmember Susie657 Resident.

The CO ordered as for all new crewmembers some background checks.Intel is on it and will Command keep up to date.

End log

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant Archives”