Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior

Sylvia Caproni
Single Cell Lifeform
Duty Post: Nautical Archeologist
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: Second Life Grid

USS Taylorholic Durant
Personal Logs - ENS Syl Caproni

Wow. What an introduction to the ship. I land on the bridge, a brand new Starfleet officer who is still drying behind her ears, and find myself in the thick of things. We had three bridge officers who had reptilian-type eggs implanted (against their wills mind) in them, and they were in the process of giving birth (via apparently a modified Caesarian section procedure) down in sick bay. While that was happening, we had our normal plant companions overdose on Miracle Gro and threaten to take over the entire ship! We wound up having to flood the ship with anesthetic and growth inhibitor gases, put everyone on respirators, and then somehow get the plants down to a safe M class planet to overtake THAT place. All while traversing a wormhole which seems to be more unstable by the second. Fun times.

We then headed back to Ogred, from whence these eggs apparently came, and returned the now growing Irzeds to their rightful "parents." This was a rather emotional process for my colleagues, and I'm sorry that they had to undergo all this. We left the Irzeds, and spent perhaps a week traveling to Ogred for R&R on Everflow. Which is where I'm penning this missive.

This is my first R&R in service to Starfleet, and it is interesting, I suppose. The planet is pretty, very natural with many diverse activities in which to engage. After checking in to ensure all arms and legs were intact, Captain Rieko permitted us to disperse as we pleased. Some paired off in various mutations of relationships, while others explored the area singularly. I was with the latter group, and wandered about alone aimlessly for a while, enjoying some beautiful foliage and waterfalls. I made my way over to some sailboats that were for apparent public use, and spent some time by myself on the water.

I really miss the water. I really miss piloting and navigating. I know it's important to count foodstuffs and make sure we have enough blankets on the ship, but I am hopeful that at some point I can do something there with a bit more impact. Ok, sure, breathable air is important, I'll grant you that... I'd even consider a transfer to Beta Shift if I needed to in order to further my career. We'll see. At this point I'm on Alpha shift, and that's where I'm needed, so there I remain.

I like my colleagues well enough, the little that I have gotten to know them. Actually, to be truthful I haven't gotten to know them at all. This is the first time I have spent with them when we were NOT in crisis mode (or recovering from crisis mode). The week transit to Everflow was basically me either being on duty, or in my quarters reading. My colleagues are all bright, engaging, and seem pleasant enough. Though I feel odd and know that I am the "new" person; it's hard seeing folks with so many friends and me with none. /The little match girl, indeed. Well, the boat was nice, I guess that's a friend, and I am used to being alone. I just miss talking to others, I suppose. Though why I'd miss something that I have had very little of is beyond me.

Oh and books. Books are friends. And they never let you down. More later. It's time to go explore some caves as the Captain is "requesting" (read: strongly suggesting and you're a fool if you do not obey) our presence.
Sylvia Caproni
Single Cell Lifeform
Duty Post: Nautical Archeologist
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: Second Life Grid

USS Taylorholic Durant
Personal Logs - ENS Syl Caproni <from the POV of alternate timeline male Syl>

So, here I am on the Durant, a top of the line warship heading into a war zone on some kind of covert mission that I know nothing about. Which makes sense, I suppose. I'm a new Ensign, and this is my first posting on a vessel. What an introduction! I'm sat next to helm down front, and of course that's right in the line of fire from the command officers as they look at the view screen. We are on our way into this very dangerous zone to deliver some civilians for some weird reason, and the helm is conned by a Romulan Centurion who is on an exchange program.

OK, that's wild.

So anyway, we are all reporting in and all systems seem within normal limits. However, someone had the brilliant idea to bring up the war between the two factions that we're heading into, and this turned political. Of course the Romulan had to weigh in. This little verbal skirmish erupted into almost a phaser fight as tensions mounted, and our CO felt it necessary to raise his voice to make himself heard. Hm. Interesting command play there.

So, anyway. Just as the electricity in the air was dying down, the Romulan apparently had a wardrobe malfunction and had to adjust her already too short skirt up further to address a hosiery issue. Indeed. It's been a while, sure, but I didn't mind seeing leg. That said, I also have this small issue of being responsible for the environments and lives of over 100 crew on the vessel, so time to stop thinking about leg. Then the Romulan had an access malfunction, and asked me if I could send her access to the database that she wanted. I might have been born on a Tuesday, but not last Tuesday. And I might be a new Ensign and she might be a very experienced Tal Shiar operative for all I know or care, but it's not worth my life and the lives of my company here to fall for her flirting. So, I just told her that I'd have my people talk to security's people and they would make sure she got access to the items she was cleared for.

I don't know if she was fond of that reply, because before we could really discuss the issue someone noticed that we had an unidentified vessel approaching.

Great. I wonder if I'll make it a whole week out of Academy before I get killed.... Maybe I SHOULD have taken the Romulan up on that invitation after all......

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant Mess Hall”