UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Nautical Archeologist
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: Second Life Grid

USS Taylorholic Durant
Operations Log - Ops Officer
ENS Syl Caproni
Stardate: 220409 (nunc pro tunc)

After the Irzed exchange, which I thankfully had no part in as apparently it was fraught with emotionality, we took about a week to head to Everflow, a resort planet located in the Pinrandia Sector. We came into orbit, uneventfully, in the morning, and the Alpha bridge crew transported down (also without event) for some well-earned R&R. This log is being written quickly as I am still technically on shore leave, but wanted to keep my logs up to date. Unfortunately I was not able to get this done on the date we transported down, as I've been busy, well, "R&Ring," so I am dating this for the proper date it "should" have been posted. Note that all supplies were ordered and made it with us, everyone has what they need to survive a shore leave on this planet, and there were no operations issues on the travel from Ogred to Everflow.

It's eerily quiet and unremarkable. Given my first experience with being on a Starfleet vessel, which was a baptism by fire as I joined them in the Alpha/Beta Quadrant immediately after graduating from Academy, this is odd. When I joined I was thrown immediately into a strange situation where three critical bridge officers were apparently "pregnant" with reptilian offspring somehow, we were trying to get the offspring gestated and "born," and in the middle of this strange birthing process we ran into a shrinking wormhole with an overgrowth of plants that were threatening all our ops systems and the very existence of the Durant (not to mention its crew), a quiet week was more than welcome. As is the R&R.
Sylvia Caproni
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Taylorholic Durant
ENS Syl Caproni <written from POV of an alternate timeline character who is male>
Stardate: 220423

We are on the Durant, headed towards a warzone where apparently two civilizations are thrashing it out to see who controls who, or who is independent from who, or who does what and what base are they on anyway? I'm a new bridge officer, heading up ops.

So, I arrive. I don't know where to stand, or sit. I sit in the wrong place. I then move to the other side of the bridge where it appears that there are some operations consoles. Nope, apparently I was at the engineering section. Fine, I finally land where the CO wants me, next to helm.

That is manned, or womanned... by a Romulan Centurion.

Interesting. Her skirt is rather short. I don't know what is more concerning, how short the skirt is, or the fact that she is Romulan. The Tal Shiar are infamous, or should I say notorious, for their ability to deceive. But she is very very cute. And I've been in the Academy without any... companions... for a very very long time. Control yourself, Caproni. That stuff belongs in personal logs....

All systems were operating normally during my shift, but there was decided tension on the bridge between some officers about some political issues. Always that third rail of topics. The CO was looming over the helmsman and I, and that was rather uncomfortable. The Centurion apparently had an issue first with her stockings and then with access to a certain database. She asked me to send her the materials. While she was certainly lovely, and my mouth was certainly drooling, I politely declined, and had an ops crew that specializes in the IT part of the bridge confer with security to ensure that she can access whatever she needs to access.

There are places I'd like to see her try to access.... wait. PERSONAL LOGS, CAPRONI!

OH, and apparently as I am penning this we have an unknown ship in our general vicinity. How marvelous!

Caproni out.
Sylvia Caproni
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Taylorholic Durant
ENS Syl Caproni
Stardate: 220430

As we get further into the warzone on our covert mission, we have encountered three unknown vessels. Well, they were unknown until we found out that they were actually battlecruisers. At this point, they are fully armed and we are at red alert. They question our presence in their territory, and why we would be delivering civilians in the area. So, our Captain will be meeting with them to discuss this. Other than that, nothing much.
Sylvia Caproni
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Taylorholic Durant
Duty Log - Science Officer
LTJG Syl Caproni
Stardate: 220521

I have spent the last time, since my last duty log in fact, vigorously studying science in an attempt to make myself useful on the ship. it appears that they would benefit most from a science officer and the Captain looked at me and I guess figured... "Hey... ok..... Caproni knows how to breathe." Well, I *did* pass my tests and am now the ship's official Science Officer, and may God have mercy on all our souls....

Emerging from my studies, I reported to the Tramlu battlecruiser "Raygon." Apparently most of our officers went over to discuss possible resolution to the ongoing struggles that the Tramlu have with the Cronon. I slipped in, and just listened. There was a good deal of discussion of peace, and how it could probably be achieved. Folks shared personal history, and that was great, but my personal view is that our humanoid style species aren't far enough evolved yet to move past our more primitive "fight for survival" styles. Someone always has to win.

There was a good deal of tension at the table, I'll say that. While it seemed that overall the Tramlu officers were interested in discussing peace with the Cronon, I still have this uneasy feeling that something is off. The Romulan in our midst is concerning. Folks are suspicious. I am even suspicious. We shall see.....

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant Mess Hall”