RP Narrative: From Maricaa to Shanklin (211227)

Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

RP Narrative: From Maricaa to Shanklin (211227)

PREVIOUS:
RP Narrative: Cronon Homecoming (211114)
viewtopic.php?f=886&t=33249

RP Narrative: Tabby Cats & Replicants & Long Goodbyes (210924)
viewtopic.php?f=886&t=33220

TDRP2139-D: "Measure for Measure" (210821) TF Gemini
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=33108

TDRP2140-D: "What are ye orbs?" (210911) TF Gemini
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=33122

TDRP2141-D: "Mutiny, and a nice cup of tea." (210918) TF Gemini
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=33142
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

CHARACTERS:

Evelyn Rieko, Retired (Starfleet Reserves)
James T Hode, Retired (Starfleet Reserves) ((Poison Toocool))

Last edited by Poison Toocool on 211230.1328, edited 1 time in total.
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

RP Narrative

James T Hode felt the warmth of the female next to him. The blankets were soft. He felt relaxed and whole. Despite the issues on Cronon. There were concerns about the violence in the capital city, but he and Araina had spent a fruitful evening discussing the Maricaa Fertility Festival over wine and some favourite snacks. He’d danced her down the hall to their quarters, causing a servant girl to giggle and sneak away as he stole a kiss from his beautiful wife. Oh, there were diplomatic problems and issues concerning Cronon and Tramlu… but he really didn’t want to be anywhere else. He’d debated over it the last time he was at Pinastri. He’d felt a bit sad leaving Evelyn behind. But he had a new life now. And Araina. He snuggled closer to her, humming softly.

Evelyn Rieko-Hode snuggled in closer to James, feeling his warmth...she yawned, starting to awaken from her great sleep, and thoughts had started to enter her mind already. It seemed Jim didn't like the idea of her going back to Starfleet as an Ambassador, but she was intrigued by the idea, especially being an Ambassador to a planet that only recently joined the Federation. They needed to discuss it more, but not now. She pushed the thoughts of debating with Jim out of her mind and kissed his neck. She was so happy with him, she wouldn’t let anything ruin what they have. She heard him humming and smiled.

Jim: The image of Evelyn looking at him as they stood by the lake in Pinastri Colony slowly drifted out of his mind as he felt the smooth skin of Araina under his fingers. He sighed a little, enjoying this moment when he was half awake and she was asleep. Or was she? He felt her lips on his neck and pulled her to him with a little growl. ‘Let the diplomats wait,’ he whispered. He let his fingers wander up her arm… his hand on her chin, he brought his lips to her face and softly kissed her. And paused. Her soft mouth was delightful but somehow… her scent had changed.

Evelyn’s smile widened as Jim pulled her to him with a soft growl... she heard him say 'let the diplomats wait'... what diplomats? He probably meant that discussing her becoming a diplomat could wait, and she agreed 100%. She trembled as Jim’s lips gently caressed hers coaxingly. His kiss thrilled her as much now as it had the first time. She had wanted to kiss him for so long...and finally it happened, and then everything changed between them. She ran her fingers through his hair, and laughed softly. He was always so eager and playful with her and she loved it… but after his kiss, she felt a change in him... a slight hesitation? That's not like him at all… was it about the job offer entering his thoughts? Then she asked softly, “Is something wrong, darling?"

Jim: It must be frightfully early. No servants had knocked on the door to bring them morning coffee, or to remind them of appointments and appearances. Revelling in her closeness, part of him still wondered at the scent in his nostrils. It seemed familiar, but oddly out of place. Their conversation about the Festival, whether it was wise to hold it or not, whether it should be downsized or changed in some way to avoid inviting trouble, crossed his mind but he pushed those thoughts away. His eyes closed, feeling every sensation of where they touched and where they did not. He felt her fingers in his hair… any hesitation was gone. He lifted his face above hers, longing for a deeper kiss, his arms wrapping around her, her voice in his ear. What? His eyes flew open. He looked down and saw Evelyn beneath him. What the devil? He almost threw himself from the bed, looking at her in half horror, the room spinning around him.

Evelyn expected Jim to say everything is fine, as she felt his arms wrapping around her, then suddenly he opened his eyes and looked into hers, but instead of the sweet loving gaze she expected, she saw something like horror in his eyes, as he practically fell out of bed trying to get away from her. She panicked and asked loudly, "What!? What!?" She tried to hold back tears, but they were already streaming down her cheeks. She watched Jim watching her as he stood beside the bed away from her. She scurried out of the bed also on the opposite side... wondering what had just happened. "Jim, what's wrong?! Am I different? Have I changed?" She felt her face with her trembling fingertips, outlining her features. Had she somehow been transformed into something hideous? He had looked at her with such fright as if he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. How? And what had happened to make her change? She ran to the mirror in the bedroom and looked at her reflection. She stood there a few moments in shock. Nothing about her was different. Nothing had changed. She turned slowly and gazed at Jim. "What… what just happened? What is happening here?"

Jim: Wait. What? How could this have happened? He went home to Cronon from Pinastri. He never touched Evelyn! They exchanged some longing looks and that was that! How was she here in his arms? He stood absolutely confused, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, looking at her as though she was an apparition. “Am I dreaming?” he asked. “I must be dreaming.” But he could feel his bare feet on the floor, and feel the breath in his lungs as he drew it. ‘Evelyn?’ he looked at her face. He saw the emotion on it and his heart felt like it was in a vise. “How are you here?” His mind dodged from thought to thought and tried to make logical sense of the moment. His eyes took in the room. That was… this was HIS bed. In HIS cottage. Sandown Cottage, in Shanklin Village. In England. On EARTH. He must be going bonkers. Suddenly he felt faint. He leaned against the wall.

Evelyn looked at Jim, watching emotions cross his face. ‘How am I here?’ he had asked. "Darling, we decided to live here for now. It's our home. It's your cottage…on earth." She shook her head , wondering what could have happened to Jim. He was fine before going to bed. What could have happened while they slept? "Jim, you look so... so… confused. I think maybe you were dreaming, maybe a nightmare, but you're awake now, darling, and safe here with me. I think you were still half asleep and didn't recognize me... and saw some terrible creature from that nightmare you were having... but it's me, your love, your Evie, everything is fine now, my darling Jim." She took a few steps closer to him. " Are you alright now? Maybe you need some tea!" She was worried about him and would worry until she heard him say he was okay and explained what had happened.

Jim had been half asleep. Now he was as wide awake as he might have been if Red Alert sounded on a starship. Alarms were going off in his brain. He grasped at his memory. He went to bed with Araina, on Cronon, a few hours ago. And woke up in bed with Evelyn, on Earth, now. As far as he could tell, he was not dreaming. Was he hallucinating? Was he under the influence of an alien entity? Was he stark raving mad? Her voice came to him, reassuring, thoughtful, logical. “This makes no sense,” he said gruffly. “I know where I am. I can taste the sea air. This is my cottage. I know you. The last time I saw you was at Pinastri, when I said goodbye before going home to Cronon. These things seem real. But I do not understand how I am here, how you are here, and why we are here together.”

Watching Jim as he spoke, Evelyn felt more worried about him the more she listened to what he was saying. She wanted to go to him and put her arms around him… he needed a hug for sure, but she refrained for now. "Jim, everything will be fine. Your home is not on Cronon," she said the word Cronon as if it had a bad taste in her mouth just saying it. "Your home is here. Something has happened to you, that much I understand. We did not say goodbye to each other at Pinastri. We were married at Pinastri a year and a half ago by Vice Admiral Toocool. Do you at least remember that? No... you asked why am I here, so you don't remember our wedding, do you? Jim, you have some type of amnesia. Some illness maybe, that is causing amnesia. We have to think about things you’ve done and places you've been to in the last couple of days. I will have a doctor come to examine you. Everything will be fine, darling." She kept saying that as if saying it would make it come true. "It will be fine. You asked why are we here together. We are here together because we’re married. I am your wife, Evelyn Rieko-Hode... joined in wedlock to you, James Tiberius Hode, retired Captain of the starship Durant and Earl of Sandown."

It crossed Jim’s mind that she might be an alien being. His many experiences in Starfleet - in the Nekrit Expanse, for example. Or even on Cronon when he first met Araina and touched her hand… there were forces and entities both known and unknown who would have the power of illusion or worse. He eye’d her. Her emotion, her tears, her worry seemed authentic. But what if she was playing with him? “Married… ? No no no, I am married to Araina, Queen of Cronon. Yes, I am James T Hode. Captain. Retired. Yes,” he nodded. Yes. But… “Who are you?” he said roughly. His fingers itched for a tricorder. “Why have you brought me here? Are you a Q?” His eyes lit on the bedside table and he pulled open the drawer. A combadge, a comb, yes. A tricorder. He lifted it and scanned himself, and then her. His face as he looked at the results was gray. Two humans in close proximity. He lifted his head suddenly and shouted, “Computer, arch!” But nothing changed.

Evelyn felt helpless watching Jim, but she would help him. She would find a way. Having him examined by a doctor was the first step. Then she heard him going on about being married to someone else... Araina, queen of Cronon. She had heard of Araina and the war going on between the planets Cronon and Tramlu. Jim had been considered by Starfleet to go there as an arbitrator in the early days before the war, but he had declined because that was around the time they had their wedding. Why would he think about that queen now? Thoughts were whirling around her mind. Wow, that hurt when Jim said he was married to Araina, it felt almost like a physical punch to her stomach. She doubled over for a few seconds, clutching her abs when he said it, but then straightened up. She could not think about her feelings at this time. She had to focus on helping Jim. She listened to what he was saying and responded, "No! You are not married to Araina, queen of Cronon, you are married to me! No! I am not a Q, I am your wife! And No! This is not a holographic program, this is our home." She looked at him with love and compassion. “Don’t worry, darling, we will find out what is wrong and make it right. I promise you."

Jim stood helpless, shaking his head, so far from understanding anything that he could scarcely breathe. He watched her nearly keel over from the blow of his words saying he was married to Araina. It was that, more than anything else, that convinced him this had to be real. In some way, it was real. She was real. He’d always been a little in love with her, when she was his First Officer he was very circumspect but she’d found a place in his heart. If he hadn’t met Araina - his Solia, his destiny… he would have pursued Evelyn. She’d always been a bright spark, a lovely person. “I’m hurting you,” he said, moving to her, looking down at her troubled face. “I don’t mean to hurt you, Evelyn. I… I don’t understand what’s happened to me. There must be a… an explanation. I’m confused... Gobsmacked, really. Maybe… maybe the tea you suggested might be good. Sit down, talk calmly. Then… the doctor and… other investigations into what’s… wrong.” He lifted a hand to her face, wanting to brush her tears away, hesitating a centimeter away.

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

IMAGES

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant Mess Hall”