RP Narrative: Cronon Homecoming (211114)

Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

RP Narrative: Homecoming (211114)

PREVIOUS:
RP Narrative: Tabby Cats & Replicants & Long Goodbyes (210924)
viewtopic.php?f=886&t=33220

TDRP2139-D: "Measure for Measure" (210821) TF Gemini
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=33108

TDRP2140-D: "What are ye orbs?" (210911) TF Gemini
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=33122

TDRP2141-D: "Mutiny, and a nice cup of tea." (210918) TF Gemini
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=33142
Last edited by Poison Toocool on 211123.0522, edited 1 time in total.
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

CHARACTERS:

Precia (Queen) Araina of Cronon ((Evelyn Rieko))
Captain James T Hode, Retired (Starfleet Reserves) ((Poison Toocool))

Last edited by Poison Toocool on 211118.2046, edited 1 time in total.
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

RP NARRATIVE:
----------------

Queen Araina of Cronon: The meeting with her advisors, the councilman and governors was very draining. There were more arguments and reports of violence in some of the cities. Things had gotten so calm and blissful when she and Jim had the binding ceremony. All over Cronon it was peaceful, and people were happy, but now things have changed. Why? She walked around the room wishing Jim was here. She worried about him. Now he was off on some assignment from his precious Starfleet. They only had to call and he left her, and so quickly, she barely had a chance to tell him how much she would miss him. She had showered after the meeting and felt refreshed and she ordered a nice tea. She sat on the sofa to wait for it.

Captain James T. Hode (Retired) beamed down to the precise location he had specified. He had made a note of these coordinates in his PADD in case he should ever wish to surprise Araina, and now he had a chance to use them as the sensors showed she was on a balcony of the palace near the place he had marked, just down the stairs. He hoped the soft sound of his arrival would be masked by the waves moving on the shore, and the call of the seaside birds. He took a moment to settle his robes… still unfamiliar even after all this time, and heavy after the sleek Starfleet uniform he had worn for much of his time while he was away. He was glad of the cloak. The sun was out but the air off the water was chilly. Fall back on Earth was one of his favourite seasons, with the changing of the leaves, the fog, and the chill morning air that warmed into lovely afternoons… Cronon had its own beauty too. He loved the birds that called at dawn. And the sound of the sea was welcome here too. Here. Home. Araina. He felt his hands shaking a little… the first time they had met, had been so intense, so explosive, so unexpected, that each time he returned after an absence of weeks there was a part of him that remembered that overwhelming connection between them, and anticipated it with both nerves and excitement. He remembered that moment when he had first taken her hand as part of the introduction of the Starfleet Captain to the Cronon Queen, how lights had appeared and moved around them, how his heart felt lifted, how the sparkle of energy had travelled from hand to hand and back again. He began to climb the stairs, his eyes searching for her… and found her, sitting on the long couch with blue pillows, knees tucked up. She looked young, beautiful, and troubled. His heart lifted as he stood looking at her.

Araina sat on the sofa thinking about Jim, feeling very alone. She remembered him saying she would never be alone again. They would never be alone again, he'd said and she had been so happy. They had both lost their parents and both were the only child with no siblings...so it had been lonely, but now they had each other. She thought Jim had made a choice..her or Starfleet and he had chosen her or so she thought. When he came back she decided she would be cold to him. Let Starfleet hug him and hold him tight, let Starfleet kiss him. She laughed softly for a moment at that thought, but then became pensive again. Maybe Jim wanted Starfleet more than he wanted her. He’d been away before but this time it was for Starfleet, and that worried her. She wondered, had they offered him his position back… and if they did what he had said. She hugged her knees and laid her cheek against them. Then a bird flew up high and called out a loud squawking sound, and she looked up, turning her head and there he was! She called his name excitedly "Jim!" but then stood and looked calmly at him. Fighting the urge to run and jump into his arms.

Jim‘s gaze took in the scene: the lovely fruit tree that hung over the balcony, the long low couch geometric blue and while pillows, the sculpture among the flowers, the breeze moving the branches of the high Terran-like palms, and the smell of the sea - fresh and clean. She wore flowers in her long hair, dark mauve tresses that flowed down her back and the tip of one elegant shoe peeked out from the hem of her dress. Standing there he felt like Pinastri was more than half a quadrant away… it was another life that faded into the background when he saw her face. She was more than beautiful to him. She was a precious jewel. The heart that had lifted sank when he thought of how he had left her to do his duty, and he knew she would not be happy that his life had been in such danger. A bird flittered as he took the final step up the stairs, alerting her to his presence. Instantly she called his name in that familiar way, standing up. He didn’t wait. He crossed to her quickly, taking her hand, looking at her, “Oh my darling,” he said in a low voice… was it the sun or the dazzle of her that brought those tears to his eyes?

Araina looked into Jim's eyes and could see the emotion in them, and she melted. How silly to think she could stay cold or angry with him. He was the most important person in her life. She gently touched his cheek and said, "Jim darling, I'm so happy to see you. I'm so happy you're home. I was so worried about you. Hoping you were safe and would return unharmed and you have. It felt like when you left things got worse here.. violence, arguments and I missed you! What were you doing for Starfleet? What happened? Tell me if it's not classified information. I really want to know what happened."He held her hands and she lifted his right hand and rubbed her cheek against it. "You know I had decided I would be cold to you because you left me for Starfleet, but I don't feel anything like cold toward you, my Solio. It's so difficult to stay angry with you!"

Jim looked at her and listened to her words and also the tone of her voice… warm and welcoming, sincere and truthful… as she lifted her hand to brush her cheek with his, he was reminded of Shakespeare: “but soft, what light through yonder window breaks, is it the East? Or is it the sun…” he murmured to her, as what she had said washed over him. He took that same hand and lifted it to his lips, bowing to her, “My Queen, My Solia, My Love, there is much to tell you but first, first… in this time away I came to know that my old life is just that… old. There was a certain familiarity about it, as I spent years in Starfleet, I knew my work and my duty, what to wear, what to do. But,” he took her hand and placed it on his chest, and put his own over it, “I know it was not what I was meant to do.” He confessed: “Even in command, I hid my doubts and my worries from my crew, but something inside of me said, I didn’t belong. As hard as I worked, I was never like the Admiral… a true leader.” He looked down into her face, “I am sorry I had to leave you, darling. The Federation was under attack by an old enemy… nothing else would have persuaded me to go.” He had so much to tell her, but he fell silent for a moment, and then: “Be angry, you have every right to be.”

She scowled at him playfully and said, "Ok, I'll be a little bit angry!" Then she smiled and said"Jim, now that you're home, with me, nothing else matters. I can't be angry if I am happy with you! and I understand that you were really needed. You couldn't turn your back on them."She rubbed her hand against his chest as he held her hand there. She wished they were in a secluded area, then she could undo his shirt and place her hand inside on his bare skin and feel the warmth of him. There was a slight chill in the air and she pulled her shawl a little closer to her with her free hand. "It seemed like the planet Cronon was angry with you for leaving as much as I was.. violence, the people fighting, and also the weather was strangely very cold.. then hot ..then cold, but now it is nice, cool weather." I hope Cronon can forgive you as quickly as I could." She laughed, leaned in, and stretched up, to press her lips against his with a gentle kiss.

The fragrance of the flowers in her hair were like a balm to him. For a moment he recalled those hours when he was imprisoned on the Borg ship, thinking he was about to be assimilated or killed, regretting his impulse to remain in the reserves after resigning his commission to return to Cronon and marry Araina. If he had died there, or been lost forever there… he could not think of it without pain, knowing how hurt she would be. Her voice washed over him like music, as she made faces at him, ending with her bright smile. When she laughed it was like all the darkness vanished, and the gentle lights spun around them, connecting them again. She lifted her face to his. His arms went around her as he tasted her lips, thinking he would be crazy to ever leave her again. But actions speak louder than words so he pressed her to him, his arms telling her how much they had missed her. When the kiss was finally over he rubbed his cheek gently on hers, took her hand again, and just stood. “I have to be the luckiest man in the universe,” he whispered into her hair. "The first time I took your hand, my life changed forever," He kept her close, adding, "I'm sorry to hear about what's been happening here, are you alright?"

Araina felt the room tilt a bit... her heartbeats quickened as they kissed. She felt so many emotions.. so much love and desire..feelings she had never known before they’d met. She stayed close but leaned her head back, smiled and said, "Jim you know really I owe Starfleet a thank you and so much gratitude, because they sent you to me." She giggled and continued, "If you hadn't joined Starfleet and commanded the Durant ship we never would have met. Our lives would have been so different." She thought of Counselor Ruel, he governed an area of Cronon under her rule as all of Cronon was under her rule. She thought of him and how he was the one she was expected to choose to bind with... until Jim came. She shuttered.... not that Ruel is a bad person, she liked him but not as her Consort. She’d found her Solio, her only choice could be Jim. Only Jim. It was their destiny. She continued, “So I really appreciate Starfleet." Then she answered his question, "Yes James I'm fine. The palace guards are very protective, some have protected me since before I was born and in my mother's womb. There are some new guards that I am just getting to know also, but so far yes I am safe and protected. I feel that way more now that you are home. " She held him close, her arms around him and her hands rhythmically rubbing his back. She sighed happily, her shoulders lifting and said , "Oh Jim, I'm so happy. She leaned back again, looked into his eyes and asked "Are you happy?"

He loved the sound of her laugh, the lightness in her voice, the warm tone that sparked a smile on his face. “Yes, we should be thankful to Starfleet for putting this bumbling idiot in command of the Delta Q flagship… and sending us here to help negotiate the peace between Cronon and Tramlu. I am glad you feel safe and well protected but if there is violence in the population there must be a cause. I am glad I am home, I am glad you feel safer with me here. I’m worried about whatever is going on, but let us not talk too much about bad things now,” he shook his head, very reluctant to tell her about his kidnapping, “let’s save them for tomorrow,” he felt her hands on his back, and lifted a hand to stroke her hair tenderly. He looked down at her face. He felt the happiness within her. And he knew. Maybe it had taken him too long to understand… he finally understood that he was not meant for Starfleet. And he understood that this woman was his destiny. “I am so grateful,” he said, “that I found my Solia,” he pulled her close again, “I could not be happy without her.” He kissed her forehead.

“Jim, your words went straight to my heart, and pierced it with their sweetness. I know I will never love another. I will always be yours. We will always be together even when we're physically apart. I will never fear you leaving me." She laid her head against his chest.

His arms went around her again, “There is no sweetness in the air without the smell of your perfume, there is no sun in my sky without the brightness of your smile… without your love I am empty and alone,” he squeezed her. “I’m so glad I’m home.”

Queen Araina's maidservant Gricha walked down the hallway leading to the balcony with a tea tray with a full teapot and two cups. The palace gossip had reached her and she knew the Precio had returned… although he had told her he was not the Precio. He'd said he is the Queen's consort, and he is an Earl on his home planet Earth. Gricha smiled, to her he is the Precio. She had the tray ladened with the foods they each enjoyed. Oolong tea for them both and bere pastries for Lord James, she shook her head thinking he could eat a dozen of those if he allowed himself to... he enjoyed them so much. She also had the Precia's brobluchi sandwiches, and an assortment of other items. She was sure they would be pleased. As she neared the balcony she saw them locked in a loving embrace. She stood there for a moment watching them, smiled and then turned back, and went to place the tray in the kitchen. She smiled again thinking it would probably be a very long time before the Precia even remembered she'd ordered it.

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant Mess Hall”