USS Taylorholic Durant change of command ceremony, 210919

Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior

Greenlantern Excelsior
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

A change of command ceremony was held on Sunday, 210919, in the Durant Shuttle Bay.

Transcript:

Poison Toocool takes a deep breath and takes her place at the podium. "Good day and welcome to the USS Taylorholic Durant shuttlebay at Pinastri Headquarters. ((Lest you be wondering, the rest of the ship is currently being transferred to its new home location. It will be open for visits in the next few days.)) Joint Chiefs, Starfleet Officers, dear friends, thank you for coming today. We will be having a few speeches to mark the transfer of command of the flagship from myself to my XO. I am also DJing, right now there is Handel playing, and afterwards we will have a reception and music. It's nice to see so many faces here, friends and associates and new members, all welcome to be here and celebrate this occasion with us. Let us begin with a speech from Vice Admiral Kermie Mistwallow, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations."

Poison Toocool nods to Kermie and steps back.

Kermie Mistwallow: "Thank You Vice Admiral. A few days ago I was asked if I wanted to say a few words at this ceremony, and anybody that knows me surely knows I like the sound of my own voice so how could I refuse? However, the most peculiar thing happened. Captain Rieko messaged me and thanked me for my speech .... before I had even said anything, so I thought to myself, well this gives me an opportunity to say anything I please, I've already been thanked."
Kermie Mistwallow *grins*
Kermie Mistwallow: "As Chief of UF Starfleet Operations many know that it is part of my job to ensure continuity in UFS with Missions and believably within the stories. However one thing that can be said about the USS Durant, that through its entire tenure under the command of Vice Admiral Toocool there were very very few times that I even had to second look at the missions and stories."

Evelyn Rieko smiles.

Kermie Mistwallow: "According to the LCARs database (otherwise known as the forums in this case)... The USS Taylorholic Durant has recorded 406 Missions to date (this number could be slightly off but I counted it manually and only have so many fingers and toes). This is not only a fantastic achievement within itself but also a testament to its departing CO and its crew. During her time as Commanding Officer of the USS Durant Vice Admiral Toocool has also led the charge for the ship to receive the following Awards:
Outstanding Ship of the Line Award: 170826, 180820, 200829
UFS Meritorious Unit Citation: 180818
Ship of the Line Recognition of Excellence: 180818
I think this deserves a round of applause."

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior) applauds
Emilie Chardin APPLAUDS!!!
Shane Tenenbaum:

*•.¸'*•.¸ ♥ ¸.•*´¸.•*

.•*♥¨`• W00tilicious!!! •¨`♥*•.

¸.•*`¸.•*´ ♥ `*•.¸`*•.¸

Genny7 Markus claps
Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel) applauds
Cheryl Skinstad claps
erikalancetti applauds
David7 Bravin claps
Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) applauds
Brittany 'LilBit' Buttons (bit0honey) applauds!
Braxx Juventa Applauds
erikalancetti: "grandissima"
Julius Cloud applauds
erikalancetti: "super"
Elsa Mitchell (scottland78) claps

Kermie Mistwallow: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Poison for her contributions to UFS as the Durant CO and for assisting with training her crew up to be the best that they can be not only for the ship but for the outstanding impression they give the rest of the fleet and the group. To the incoming CO and XO, Captain Evelyn Rieko and Captain Hal Jordan, while you have been trained and prepared by one of the best, the road ahead is long, it is full of promise, of education and of adventure. I have the greatest faith in your abilities, the confidence in your crew and the trust that you can continue building on the USS Taylorholic Durant's legacy. Congratulations to you both and Good Luck. Thank you."

Shane Tenenbaum: ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø S T A N D I N G O V A T I O N S ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
erikalancetti: applausi
Braxx Juventa: ***** APPPPPPPLLLLAAAUUUSSSSEEEEEEE***********
Cheryl Skinstad claps
erikalancetti: "allagrande"
Bruno Bonj (benjilabonj) claps
David7 Bravin claps
Julius Cloud applauds
Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) claps and cheers
erikalancetti: "complimenti"
Kristoff Jameson claps as well
Mikile Vinciolo claps loudly

Poison Toocool: "Thank you Admiral Mistwallow. 426 missions, and I can still type. I have this year passed my 10th anniversary as a Command Officer in United Federation Starfleet. During this time I have had the privilege of commanding a space station and two starships. I have fond memories of my first command, SS Astraios, and it's great to see David Bravin and Genny Markus here as they were my right hand and left hand in that command, and when I left they took over and carried on admirably."
Poison Toocool smiles
Poison Toocool: "I have to say that my time as CO of the USS Taylorholic Durant has been an experience that I will always remember. I had a dream of using paragraph roleplay on the bridge of a starship, writing collectively, in the moment, narrative style stories about the travels of ship and crew. In 2016, when I asked the crew if they'd like to start to RP, and use paraRP, I was pleased that they said yes. And so our journey began. So many adventures, first contacts, interesting story arcs that went on for weeks and even months. There are some I am particularly proud of..."

Poison Toocool: "Once, we came across an interesting, uninhabited planet and thought we'd have some shore leave. After we beamed down, we discovered to our horror we had contravened the Prime Directive by inadvertently making First Contact with the tiny sentient Tricerops, reptiles resembling Terran clade Dinosauria, genus herbivorous ceratopsid. They were incredibly smart, and very curious. And smaller than my foot."

Poison Toocool: "Or the time my alter ego, Captain James T Hode, beamed down with a team to help mediate a situation between the planets Cronon and Tramlu. But, strangely, when Captain Hode at last stepped up to greet the Cronon Queen (Precia), some lights began to glow around his head. And then lights began to glow around her head. And the Captain could not release his hand. And the lights kept glowing and swirling. Although claiming there was no harm being done to either the Cronon leader or the Captain of the USS Taylorholic Durant, there was great consternation all around from both the Cronons and Tramulans. According to their legends, this meant that Queen Araina and Captain Hode were considered to be Solia and Solio - two souls destined to be together. In the end he gave up his Starfleet commission to be with her as her consort."

Poison Toocool: "But the one that was most meaningful was our visit to the Nadeu, a people who did not wish interference from outsiders but had entered a time where water was so scarce on their planet it was felt they would not survive much longer. While we were visiting the Royal Family to discuss what Starfleet could do for assistance, we were accosted by another of their people, clearly dehydrated and suffering. To our shock and dismay we discovered that he and others like him - with green coloured skin - were considered untouchables, were given no work to do and no rations of water. It ended up that I, as Captain of the Durant, stood as his defender in the trial that followed, for the sentence for his entering the Palace was death. What followed was an incredibly moving series of roleplays that to me embodied the spirit of Star Trek and its exploration of equality and civil rights."

Poison Toocool: "I have no doubt at all that my skills as a writer and storyteller have improved enormously due to the weekly preparation of mission briefs and the hours spent roleplaying with a crew who never fails to inspire. Behind the scenes there are jokes and laughs, and afterwards a social time where the atmosphere of community and fellowship is evident in the smiles and ribbing."

Poison Toocool: "Commanding a starship in UFS is no small feat. It challenges you in many ways. Week after week, to come up with new stories or embellish the one you are currently writing in a way that you hope your crew will enjoy and feel engaged by. I counted them up and during my time on Durant we posted, as Admiral Mistwallow said, over 400 mission narratives on the UFS forum."

Poison Toocool: "I also had to learn to lead. This is not natural to me, I am generally a quiet and reserved person with an overactive imagination who prefers to sit in the back seat and watch the scenery go by. In my time in Command I have had to deal with a variety of situations, and make decisions as to what would be best for my ship and crew. I was and am inspired by the likes of Jean Luc Picard and Katherine Janeway and, most especially, Nyota Uhura. The knowledge that you have a crew of people who are loyal to you and are counting on you to make their experience in UFS fun and productive is a tremendous thing. I have felt so privileged to lead the Durant crew through our many explorations to date. I know very well any success I have is because of them and their dedication to me and to the Durant."

Poison Toocool: "I am grateful to all those who have served with the Durant, albeit short or long, as you added to our immersion and our storytelling with your presence. In particular I would like to thank Rear Admiral Cheryl Skinstad, who stood as my XO from 160320 - 190813. Cheryl, we had many enjoyable moments in RP when you made me laugh, you have such a charming way about you. We haven't seen very much of each other recently but I hope we will continue to be good friends and catch up as often as we can. You helped me through some difficult times. Thanks for always being there."

Poison Toocool smiles to Cheryl.

Poison Toocool: "I would also like to thank Captain Hal Jordan ((GreenLantern Excelsior). Hal, your devotion to this ship is second to none. In all these years I can't think of more than a time or two when you missed a mission. Your RP skills have grown enormously. You have been an excellent Ship's Historian, your work on the logs each week I am sure is not always exciting but you never fail to provide the mission images and narrative and post them on the forum."

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): °͜°

Poison Toocool: "I'm so pleased to see you moving up from Second Officer to First Officer. Thank you for all your support over the years, and your continued friendship. Congratulations."

Poison Toocool: "Last, but certainly not least... Captain Evelyn Rieko. Evie, you joined us on stardate 161103 and quickly became a valued member of the crew. You progressed through ranks and positions until becoming Chief Science Officer on 170926. When I lost my RL partner, you were one of the people who helped me get through that terrible time of grief. It was you, the Durant crew, and UFS (along with a RL composing group) that helped me survive those dark days. Even before you were my XO, you were a fast friend and support. I was pleased as punch when you agreed to step up and be my First Officer on 190813. Since that time you have shown dedication to your duties, willingness to work hard, all while keeping that easy relaxed and helpful manner. We've inspired each other and laughed with each other and had great fun roleplaying a variety of characters, alien and human. It's been such an honor to have served with you and no one is prouder than me at this moment to see you step up and take the lead of this wonderful ship."

Poison Toocool smiles tearfully.

Cheryl Skinstad smiles proudly with eyes watering.

Poison Toocool: "I am happy to say the new CO has agreed to allow me to remain on the Durant as Chief Intelligence Officer. So you haven't quite got rid of me yet!"

Poison Toocool moves down from the Podium to stand opposite Captain Rieko. She gives a smile and a tearful nod, and takes a shaky breath.

Evelyn Rieko: I say in a loud clear voice, "Vice Admiral Poison Toocool, Commanding Officer of the USS Taylorholic Durant, I relieve you of your Command."

Poison Toocool says in a firm voice.... that trembles just a little: "Captain Evelyn Rieko, First Officer of the USS Taylorholic Durant - Number One.... I stand relieved."

Kermie Mistwallow applauds
Cheryl Skinstad applauds emotionally
Shane Tenenbaum: .-'`'-. APPLAUSE .-'`'-.
Archi Merlin applauds
Mikile Vinciolo: APPLAUSE!! (´∀`人)
Genny7 Markus claps
David7 Bravin claps
Kent Nowicka applauds
Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel) applauds.
Julius Cloud applauds
Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) applauds emotionally
Brittany 'LilBit' Buttons (bit0honey) claps and claps!
Dr. Narek Siva'nek (narayansivananda) -:¦:-•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:- APPLAUSE!-:¦:-•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-
erikalancetti applausi
Kem Vala (kemvala) - applauds loudly----
Braxx Juventa applauds
erikalancetti: "congeatulazione"
Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) wipes a tear from his eye

Poison Toocool reaches to hug Evelyn, and whispers, "Your turn to speak, Captain."

Evelyn Rieko inhales deeply and exhales. My eyes batting rapidly to hold back tears and keep my composure.

Poison Toocool steps back with an encouraging nod.

Evelyn Rieko hugs Poison tightly, then walks to the podium.

Evelyn Rieko: Looks around the room at everyone. "Thank you everyone for coming, officers, friends, guests, and thank you Joint Chief speakers Vice Admiral Kermie Mistwallow and Commodore Luc Skar-Machado. To Vice Admiral Toocool, thank you. Thank you for so many things, but most of all thank you for the honor and privilege of being your First Officer. I would not be the same officer I am today if I had been under another commanding officer, and I am proud of who I am. I am so lucky and so happy that I became a member of the USS Taylorholic Durant Crew as a Science Officer under your command and advanced to become your First Officer. I have thrived under Vice Admiral Toocool's command, learning as much by observing her as I have by being instructed by her. We have had so many good times together over the years, so much laughter, and fun together and with our crew. Along with the crew we have created many interesting, fun and, even poignant mission story arcs. One particular one is the story of the Nadeu poeple Poison mentioned. That story was truly poignant and even timely, and of course the love story of Captain James T Hode. It was a love triangle, I loved Jim, Jim cared for me, but had a soul mate that he married. So many wonderful Missions and story arcs we all created together."

Evelyn Rieko looks back at Poison for a moment and then continues. "Poison is a very engaged and helpful Commanding Officer. Always willing to share her knowledge and skills to help others grow. This is the end of an era the Durant will never see again. There is something special about Poison. She's a bright spark! Quick at problem solving, an amazing organizer, extremely creative, a strong spirit, protective, compassionate, trustworthy, dependable...very dependable, and the list goes on, but I'll stop here. " *smiles*

Evelyn Rieko inhales and exhales again, and then goes on.

Evelyn Rieko: "I am a William T. Riker type of First Officer, content and satisfied being First Officer to my Captain, for always. As some of you know and may have been lucky enough to experience, there is a special bond between a Commanding Officer and their 'Number One'. When it's a good fit, when it's the right match, it's a bond that cannot be broken and goes beyond service in Starfleet and becomes forever friends. forever family. Like Riker to Picard, I would remain forever at my Captain's side if possible, but it is no longer possible. Throughout last year there were times Vice Admiral Toocool would have discussions with me about stepping down as Commanding Officer of the Durant. Each time my heart sank, but then we would find solutions to make it continue to work, but this last time was different. This time there was no 'making it work.' She had made her decision. I was sad but happy that she had faith and confidence in me and wanted me to take command of the Durant. Her decision was final, and that's the moment I knew for sure Vice Admiral Toocool would no longer be the Commanding Officer of the Durant, and that's the moment I knew for sure I could be and would be."

Evelyn Rieko: "As we all know, all good things must come to an end. And many times if we're lucky more good things take its place. This is a time of endings and beginnings. Happiness and sadness. Now we enter into a new era on the Durant with me as Commanding Officer and my First Officer Captain Hal Jordan at my side. He is loyal, and dependable and a valued member of the crew. Now my 'Number One.' Along with our loyal crew we will carry on the fine legacy of our ship's namesake Admiral Taylorholic Durant, and our Vice Admiral Poison Toocool. We will strive to be as good in our command positions as they were."

Evelyn Rieko looks back at Poison and says with tears in my eyes, "To my Captain Toocool, Sir, I know I could never fill your shoes, so I will just do my best to make you proud."

Kermie Mistwallow *applauds*

Poison Toocool stands and claps. "Well said Numb-- ah, Captain!"

Evelyn Rieko: "Again thank you all for being here."

erikalancetti applausi
Mikile Vinciolo APPLAUSE!! (´∀`人)
Archi Merlin applauds
Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel) applauds
erikalancetti: "grande!!"
Cheryl Skinstad applauds warmly
David7 Bravin claps
Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) applauds
Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): WooT
Genny7 Markus claps loudly
erikalancetti: "mitica"
Brittany 'LilBit' Buttons (bit0honey) applauds
Julius Cloud applauds
Bruno Bonj (benjilabonj): huge applause
Braxx Juventa applauds
Bruno Bonj (benjilabonj) claps
Evelyn Rieko nods and takes my seat.
Dr. Narek Siva'nek (narayansivananda) WHISTLES!!!

Poison Toocool: "We will now hear from the UF Starfleet Chief of Staff, Commodore Luciano Skar-Machado."

Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel) smiles and nods hoping he reaches the podium.

Kermie Mistwallow gets the nora step stool

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): "LOL"

Cheryl Skinstad: "lol"

Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel) grins

Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel): "Greetings Admirals and every one of you. I haven't written too much of a speech but a little bit. With the change of the new Commanding Officer, and the future of USS Taylorholic Durant, a new start is coming for this ship, and I'm sure new adventures are about to begin." *smiles* "I have been here in UFS since before Admiral Toocool, Evelyn and Hal even joined us, and they all have made themselves known and seen for their work and initiative to the group and to this ship. And that I admire wholeheartedly. USS Durant is in great hands. I know Captain Rieko as the new Commanding Officer and Captain Hal Jordan as Executive Officer will have big shoes to fill but I have all the faith needed that you both will do an amazing job. I am looking forward to working more closely with you both and your crew in the future. Thank you." *looks over at VAdm. Toocool and nods* "Congratulations to the new CO and XO, and may you have lots of great adventures ahead."

cont'd
Last edited by Greenlantern Excelsior on 210921.1230, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)

Service Jacket

Executive Officer, USS Durant
UFS Blog Coordinator
UFS DJ
Greenlantern Excelsior
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

Transcript: cont'd

Braxx Juventa applauds
Cheryl Skinstad claps
erikalancetti: applusi

Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel) steps down and tries not to fall.

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): LOL
Kermie Mistwallow *applauds*
erikalancetti: "bravo"
Genny7 Markus claps
Kem Vala (kemvala) Claps loudly
Bruno Bonj (benjilabonj) claps!!
Brittany 'LilBit' Buttons (bit0honey) applauds
David7 Bravin claps
Julius Cloud applauds
Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) claps

Poison Toocool: "Thank you again for joining us for today's ceremony. Please feel free to stay and enjoy refreshments, music, chat and dancing. Company dismissed!"

erikalancetti: "grande"
erikalancetti: "brava"
David7 Bravin claps
Bruno Bonj (benjilabonj) stands and applauds them
Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) applauds as he stands
Julius Cloud applauds
Cheryl Skinstad stands and claps

Kermie Mistwallow: "I now see 3 members of the Durant crew out of uniform, Poison in red, should be grey, Evelyn's titler is wrong, Hal is in the wrong colour, this is not a good start." *grins*

Emilie Chardin: "Congratulations"

Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel): "And someone please tell Kermie that he is too tall to be standing next to me." *grins*

Evelyn Rieko feeling very emotional

Braxx Juventa: "Congratulations"

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): "Easily fixable"

Kristoff Jameson claps

Evelyn Rieko laughs at Kermie!

Elsa Mitchell (scottland78): "VADM I will miss you as CO"

Kermie Mistwallow: :)

Kem Vala (kemvala): "Congratulations, Captain!"

Poison Toocool: "HONOR GUARD!! DISMISSED!!"

erikalancetti: "congratulazioni"

Evelyn Rieko: "Thank you so much, Kem!"

Elsa Mitchell (scottland78): "Capt Rieko congrats CO"

erikalancetti: "siete grandi"

Kem Vala (kemvala) slaps his badge and teleports out

Evelyn Rieko: "Thank you all!"

Elsa Mitchell (scottland78): "hello Kris"

Kermie Mistwallow stands by the alcohol

Kristoff Jameson: "hello"

Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) walks up to Hal, and reaches out, "Congrats on your promotion, Sir."

Elsa Mitchell (scottland78): "how are you?"

Luc. Skar-Machado (data.axel): "Congratulations, Evelyn and Hal. Best of luck to you both."

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): "Not sure a Rear Admiral would wear a gray uniform but maybe."

Kristoff Jameson: "all right"

Evelyn Rieko: "Thanks again Kermie and Luc!"

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): "Thank you Ginrai and Luc"

Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior) shakes Ginrai's hand

Kermie Mistwallow: "My Pleasure Eieio"

Poison Toocool smiles

Adarius Williams (ginrai.yamabushi) smiles warmly

Poison Toocool: "Thanks for coming Julius"

Evelyn Rieko: "Poison is our DJ, let's dance!"

Photographs:

Attendees:

Archi Merlin
bit0honey (Brittany 'LilBit' Buttons)
BenjilaBonj (Bruno Bonj)
Braxx Juventa
Cheryl Skinstad
Data Axel (Luc. Skar-Machado)
Emilie Chardin
erikalancetti
Evelyn Rieko
Genny7 Markus
Ginrai Yamabushi (Adarius Williams)
IstoSlyanBelhal (Lyra Slyan Belhal-Abernathy)
Jenaea
Julius Cloud
KemVala (Kem Vala)
Kent Nowicka
Kermie Mistwallow
Kristoff Jameson
Lucius Wylder (Lucius Abernathy)
Mikile Vinciolo
NarayanSivananda (Dr. Narek Siva'nek)
Poison Toocool
Scottland78 (Elsa Mitchell)
Shane Tenenbaum (Shane)
Silvio Rosca
David7 Bravin

=^=
Captain Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)

Service Jacket

Executive Officer, USS Durant
UFS Blog Coordinator
UFS DJ

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant Mess Hall”