Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: 001 Second Life Grid

Lt. Evelyn Rieko
Chief Science Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Personal Log
Stardate: 18/03/11

Computer, begin recording:

< Recording >

Lt. Evelyn Rieko - Personal log. Stardate 18/03/11.

I was on the bridge at my Main Science Console scanning data and applying formulas to find a pattern that would allow me to break the code used to encrypt the charts from the freighter Tory. I was deep in thought as I glanced up to find Captain Hode staring at me. When our eyes met he gave me a soft smile. I gave him a weak, half smile, feeling uncomfortable under his stare. Hode walked over to me and said, "Lieutenant, I would like to see you in my ready room." I followed him in and took the seat he motioned to, and he asked, "Would you like tea? Coffee?"

"No, thank you, Sir," I said as I looked around the room, so different from Toocool's décor. He then sat behind his desk facing me.

I looked at him... waiting.

He looked at me...waiting.

He leaned forward suddenly and said, " I have been thinking about you, and your future in Starfleet, his eyes sparkled with excitement as he continued. " Through research and observation, I have identified your talents and your ability to work well with others."

I leaned forward and somehow managed to keep a big grin from my face. It seemed that he was going to tell me he would recommend my promotion to Lt. Commander. I wondered why he would consider a promotion for me at a time like this when we have so much we need to do to have a successful mission in the Nekrit Expanse. I knew I would be promoted sooner or later, and now it seemed that it would be sooner!

I focused and listened to him talking and I was thinking I like his voice, it is brisk, yet soothing. He explained his approach to life and the ideology of helping others find their true paths and fulfillment. Then he said, " I think you would make a wonderful Dabo Girl!

"What!?"

"It's the perfect job for you dear girl. I have a friend that has Dabo games...I told him about you and he is eager to meet you." He smiled, "You can teleport down to the surface for an interview."

I felt disoriented as I said, "What!?" "The surface?"

"Yes, it's the perfect job for you. Don't you understand?"

"No! No, I don't understand! I am a Starfleet Officer. A scientist!"

He chuckled and said, "No, your not."

I stood, feeling dizzy and asked, "What is wrong with you Captain? Have you lost your mind?"

"No, I'm trying to help you.

"No, you're not!"

I backed away from him and turned to walk out. Suddenly I was at a Dabo table and a group of people yelled "Dabo!!!!!" I turned to walk away, but they surrounded me. I saw Commodore Toocool, Captain Hode, and some of the Durant crew in the group. They were laughing and then chanting loudly "Dabo! Dabo! Dabo! I yelled back at them saying, "Stop it!" Then I woke up. It was a strange dream. I will take it apart and analyze it later. Computer, file this entry as Personal Log, under sub-title: Dreams in the Nekrit Expanse.

< Filed as requested >

Computer, save log and end recording.

< Log saved and recording ended >
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Commanding Officer

Lt. Cmdr. Evelyn Rieko
Chief Science Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Personal Log
Stardate: 190427
Polentia Sector

Fresh and relaxed after my sonic shower, wearing my favorite short pajamas, and laying comfortably on my bed, I decided to record a personal log.

"Computer, begin recording":

< Recording >

"Lt. Cmdr. Evelyn Rieko - Personal log. Stardate 190427"

"I have no love life, and I'm feeling envious of Captain Hode. A lot happened on Cronon. The Cronon Precia almost lost her position, the Tramulans were given their freedom, Jim almost lost his life, Osral, a Cronon religious official almost died, Leoni, an advisor to the queen tried to kill Jim and was arrested. However, love prevailed. I haven't had a chance to sit and talk with Jim about everything that happened and how he is feeling now that he is engaged, and back on the Durant. He is a very private person, but I will attempt to get him to open up and talk about it. I am really happy for Jim. He always seemed...very alone, but now he has someone and he has love.

After reading the logs about what happened back on the planet Cronon, I'm envious. Not jealous... okay maybe a little jealous when I think about Jim. Hode actually met, fell in love, and became engaged to his soul mate. That is so romantic! I read the reports about what happened to him when he first met the Precia and could not release the Precia's hands. There were lights and a lot of anxiety and fear felt by the Cronons, Tramulans and the away team. Once the Captain was back safely onboard the Durant, he stated that he was going back down to Cronon to meet with the Precia again, this time alone. That seemed like a bad idea. I told him he could be trapped down there alone, but he insisted he was going, and that it was no longer a Starfleet matter, it was a personal matter.

I tried my best to persuade Jim to stay away from Cronon and the Precia for his own good because we did not know what was really going on or what we were dealing with, but nothing I said changed his mind about this. He went down to Cronon. He did not take my advice, and what happened? He found the love of his life!

That reminds me of another person I gave advice to. My friend Mikael, confessed to me, that he was in love with me and had been for a while. I told him I cared about him a lot and loved him as a friend. He told me all we needed was to spend time together, and he was sure I would realize we belonged together. He told me he would wait for me. I told him to date others, have fun, and do not wait for me. Mikael took my advice, and what happened? He found the love of his life! So Jim did not listen to me and he found love. Mikael listened to me and he found love. There's something odd about that.

Anyway, I'm happy for them both. Envious...yes, but happy for them also.

Computer, I will tell you a secret okay? Just between us...don't tell anybody!" The unemotional computer voice responded.

<Forthcoming comments classified>

" I'm attracted to Captain Hode. There! I've finally said it out loud. I've finally said it to someone...uh some thing! I've finally admitted it to myself, and if feels good. But what could ever come of it now? Nothing....but if it could have been something, she wondered what it would have been like. I wonder what Hode would say if I said to him, ' Jim, I'm attracted to you...and ...well... I find you attractive.' He would probably choke on his tea." She chuckled and got under the covers thinking, anyway it's not a good idea for a Captain to be romantically involved with one of his bridge crew.

At present, the Durant was into day 4 of their exploration and mapping mission in the Polentia Sector, and Lt. Cmdr. Hal Jordan was acting CO. She said, "I'd better get some sleep before my shift starts. Who needs love anyway, when you've got interesting phenomena to study and catalog? Yeah, love is overrated."

<Rephrase the question or specify please>

"That was a rhetorical question, computer."

<Understood.>

I stretch and yawn, then say, "Computer, end recording, save log, and lights off."

<Recording ended. Log saved. Lights off as requested >
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore

"Computer, begin recording"

< Recording >

Fleet Captain Evelyn Rieko
Commanding Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Personal Log
Stardate: 211128

I have been Commanding Officer of the Durant for two months now, and today I truly feel like I am the CO of the Durant. It's my ship now, and my crew. As the XO fulfilling some of the CO's duties, the feeling is not the same. Working as XO is good preparation for the day when one may become the CO, but it is so different when you actually take command of the ship. Suddenly you know that the ship and crew are your responsibility, and you feel it in a way that only a CO can feel it and know it. I am fine with it...no...happy that I am the CO of the USS Taylorholic Durant.

Two months ago before the Change of Command Ceremony. I was sad that Vice Admiral Toocool was stepping down as CO of the Durant, but now I have come to terms with that.

I thought I had also come to terms with losing James T. Hode, the only man I have ever felt deep emotions for, but meeting him at Pinastri before he left for Cronon, I know I still have feelings for him, not as intense but there's still something there. He didn't seem happy. I hope he is happy now.

I am currently on a First Contact mission. All of the away team members were bitten by deadly insects called phikeeks. Everyone was bitten except me, but I feel so sick, nauseous...something is wrong. I will speak with Dr. Siva'nek about this and have him give me an examination.

Last, an officer under my command was killed by the phikeeks, and I feel devastated. Now I have the sad duty of contacting Ensign Kragh'ehlo Mrago's family to give them the sad news. At least I will be able to say he died in battle, something that is very important to Klingons.

Computer, end recording and save log

< recording ended and log saved >
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore

"Computer, begin recording"

< Recording >

Fleet Captain Evelyn Rieko
Commanding Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Personal Log
Stardate: 220402 (Before the Timeline Change occurred)

The Diplomatic Mission to planet Ogred has been one of the most difficult missions of my life because I now have a daughter and I had no say in the matter! The Irzeds simply placed an egg inside me, Captain Hal Jordan, and LTjg Ginrai Yamabushi without us knowing about it.

They said it is their way to introduce new DNA into their race. They said they only do this with people they deem worthy and possess a quality the Irzeds admire and want to include in their race. They said we were implanted with the Queen's Eggs, the very highest honor of all. However, I don't feel honored, I feel violated. The Irzeds had no right placing those eggs into us without getting our permission to do so. They invited us to their planet because they wanted to join the Federation, however that will not happen now. We explained to them that using us the way they did without getting our consent first was a violation. They are trying to grasp that concept. They ruined any chance they had of joining the Federation when they placed those eggs into us secretly without getting our permission to do so.

Now I have a daughter. My first born child. The baby belongs to the Irzed Queen's Consort, but it also belongs to me. The process that takes place when the egg is implanted shows two umbilical cords, one that works similar to the umbilical cord in humans, but their is the second cord that extracts DNA from the surrogate into the fetus, so the babies have our DNA along with their Irzed DNA. I was saddened by the news the Irzed Queen had died, I wanted to get to know her better. So, the babies will be raised by relatives of the Queen. The babies are: Erica, my daughter and heir to the throne of Ogred, Jennifer her sister, Captain Hal Jordan's daughter, and Markos her brother, LTjg Ginrai Yamabushi's son. The babies look lizard-like with a tail when born, but as they mature the tail falls off, they stand erect and take a humanoid form. They have scales.

I bonded with my baby after she was born. We spent a lot of time together, and I even allowed the babies to be on the bridge a few times when they were old enough to stand and sit on our shoulders. The babies are growing quickly, and will be adults in 7 years. Dr. Narek announced my daughter as 'A beautiful bouncing blue baby girl' as she was born into the universe. Dr. Narek said she is highly intelligent and showed signs of being the leader among the three newly born Irzeds. I was so happy, once she was here, and I'm happy she is my daughter. Even though the circumstances that made me her mother were not as I would have liked, those circumstances do not interfere with the maternal love I have for her. She is my daughter.

I named her Erica., after my paternal grandmother. Erica means Eternal Ruler or Complete Ruler in old Norse, and it also means flowering heather plant. Erica's paternal great grandmother is descended from the Vikings and Norse tradesmen. On my mother's side, we have Africans, and Native Americans in our bloodline. So Erica has a variety of human cultures in her blood now. I am learning about Erica's Irzed lineage through information Lithia Progoni gave me before I left Ogred and I donloaded it into my PADD. I have also given Lithia information on my ancestry and the history of Earth, and New Gaul for my daughter, niece and nephew to learn.

We brought the royal offspring back to their planet Ogred to be raised in their culture with relatives of the Queen, and my daughter will rule the planet Ogred when she and her siblings reach maturity as adults in 7 years. I plan to be involved in my daughter's life. I will periodically contact the Queen Regent Myriat. Also, the Royal Advisor Lithia Progoni has promised me she will keep me informed of my daughter's life and development.

It was very hard to say goodbye to my daughter, especially when she ran after me and the team crying and calling me to bring her and her siblings along with us. Since their birth, the only family and place the babies have known are the Durant ship and crew. They have a close bond with each of us surrogates and they have bonded with Dr. Narek and some of the nurses and crew members as well. Erica calls me Maw, but when we said goodbye and the team and I were leaving I heard her call out to me calling me Mommy for the first time. It made me stop in my tracks. I stopped and for a moment I wanted to go back and kiss her and give her a hug, but I knew that I would still be leaving her behind, so I started walking again to the departure area and we beamed back to the ship.

I know in my heart and mind that the Irzed babies belong on their home planet. They are Royals. They must develop in their culture. Erica will be the Queen of Ogred. I know bringing them back was the right thing to do, and the only thing to do. I will see Erica again... but when you love someone, goodbye is the hardest word to say.

Computer end recording. Save log and attach video file titled Erica and I. Send a copy to my mother Imani Rieko, my brother Miguel Rieko, My best friend Lexi Blanchet, and my cousin Sara Bravebird. Also send a copy to my friends, Jeera Zadi, James T. Hode, and Vice Admiral Poison Toocool.

<Transmitting.... Transmission complete>
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore

Sending 3 photos also:
Erica and I
Imageby Evelyn Rieko

Baby Irzed Erica - Lizard-like

Adult female Irzed (Erica will have blue scales)

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant Mess Hall”