TDRP2408: "Mew grrrr meoow mew meow" ("We reluctantly work with Starfleet") (240224)

The USS Taylorholic Durant, referred to as the USS Durant, is named for the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant in honor of her contributions to UFS and for exemplifying what an excellent officer should be. We are honored to bear her name. The Durant is a Luna Class Science Vessel, assigned to explore and chart the unexplored areas of the Delta Quadrant. We are also on diplomatic assignments, as we are usually the first contact for many planets with warp technology. Our Science vessel converts into an impressive combat vessel when warranted.

We use Post Order/Para Roleplay (ParaRP), which means before our Roleplay begins the game master will list each roleplayer's name in the order they will make their posts. This guarantees each person adds to the creation of our fascinating stories. Para RP means our posts are paragraphs that can be short or long, emoting our thoughts and feelings along with dialog. We feel Para RP adds more depth to our stories. If you would like to try Para RP request a ridealong with us! We will be happy to teach you.

Roleplay Times: Saturdays 9:00am SLT
Commanding Officer: Evelyn Rieko
Executive Officer: Greenlantern Excelsior

Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: 001 Second Life Grid

===OOC============
Sat February 24, 2024
OOC Preparations
MISSION TDRP2408
==================

STARDATE: 240224
ARRIVAL TIME: 8:45am SLT
CREW START TIME: 9:00am SLT
LOCATION TO MEET: 1960's Time Portal
RP STARTS: 1960's Time Portal Diner.

WHAT TO WEAR:
Hippie Outfits
Combadge
Tricorders
UFS Combadge
Phaser (Chief Security Officer, CO, and XO)
Medical Tricorder (Chief Medical Officer)

MISSION LEAD/GM: Commodore Evelyn Rieko

POST ORDER: Will be decided, and posted, by the XO or the Mission Leader just before the mission starts (and sometimes adjusted in the RP if necessary).

ARRIVING LATE? Ensure to enter the scene logically.
NEED TO LEAVE EARLY? Justify your exit.

PROPER ADDRESS: Our XO is addressed as Captain Jordan, XO, or First Officer. Our CO is addressed as Commodore Rieko, Commodore, or Captain Rieko. Please don't use "Captain" without a surname as we won't know who you are addressing ;)

BRIEF:

Gary Seven's mission intersects with ours. A previous Agent, Vee 2 caused a major change in the prime timeline. Gary 7 was sent to correct the mistake made by Agent Vee 2. I will tell Gary Seven about our mission to save our XO, and Gary will tell us about his mission to save everyone on earth.

So we will work with Gary Seven to help him succeed with his mission.
At this time Hal's future and Earth's future are uncertain.

Science Officers on the ship continue to study the Vortex and learn about it. Cmdr. Jason Bjorn has the Conn and is keeping sensor scans on the away team. Once the timeline is corrected, a catastrophe will be averted, Hal will live and we can all go home.

Commodore Evelyn Rieko
CO | USS Durant

You should have read:

TDRP2407: "You're interfering in my mission!" "No, you're interfering in my mission!"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35357

TDRP2406: "An Unexpected Encounter"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35339

TDRP2405: "Will You Remember Me"

viewforum.php?f=885

TDRP2404: "My Present is My Future Is My Past"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35298

TDRP2403: "We Can Talk"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35289

TDRP2402: "All You Need is Love"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35264

TDRP2401: "Everyday People"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35257[url] [color ... 85&t=35231

TDRP2348: "You've Got a Friend"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35230

TDRP2347: "1969"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35212

TDRP2346: "Bummer"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35202

TDRP2345: "Are we There yet?"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35178

TDRP2344: "Getting Ready to Leave"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35175

TDRP2343: "A Few Answers"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35176

TDRP2342: "You Can't Handle the Truth
"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35102

TDRP2341: "Probing Questions"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35079

TDRP2340: "Gaining Trust"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35077

TDRP2339: "Meeting an Ancestor"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35075&p=217830

TDRP2338: "Grey Aliens"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35064

TDRP2337: " Origin Unknown"

viewtopic.php?f=885&p=217653#p217653

OOC==========================================
SIM Concept: Evelyn Rieko, Hal Jordan, and Cato Quan
Historian: Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)
=============================================
Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Chief of Security
Grid: Second Life

CAST OF CHARACTERS
=================

Willow Torres (Evelyn Rieko - Commodore), CO
Evey Johnson (Evey Riley - Lieutenant Commander) Chief Medical ((evey45))
Holly Jordan (1960s Earth resident), ((hollyjordan Resident))
Glowing Spirit (Sandra Lacrima - Lieutenant) Chief of Security
Doctor Bennok (Sickbay Doc working with Hal), ((Evey45))
Isis, Gary Seven's cat ((Evelyn Rieko))
Agent Gary Seven ((Gnarlihotep Abel))
Azure (Lieutenant JG), Science ((brightazuresky Resident))
Eve Angeles (Ev0lizard Albatros - Ensign), Science
Susan Johnson (Quertie Que - Lieutenant Commander), Intelligence ((Quertie Resident))
Jimi Hendrix (1960s performer), ((Cato Quan))
Hal Jordan (Captain), XO ((GreenLantern Excelsior))
Zania Turner (Rear Admiral), Comm

Left to Right: Quertie Que, Azure, Holly Jordan, Sandra Lacrima with Isis, Hal Jordan, Evelyn Rieko, Jimi Hendrix, Gary Seven, Ev0lizard Albatros, Evey Riley, Zania Turner
Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant

RP NARRATIVE
===========

Willow Torres / Evelyn Rieko looked around the diner, everyone in the away team is here now and she will discuss missions with Gary Seven. She was glad Zania was there to give her information about what Gary Seven was feeling and if what he was saying was true. She stood looking at Gary and his cat. The cat seemed just as interested in what they had been saying as Gary was. She looked to Gary, "I really felt like you should not interfere in what we are doing here, and that what we are doing is important, but now as you have told us about your mission and how the future has been changed and earth took a dark turn and a catastrophe will occur if you are not successful in your mission, I realize that our mission is mainly to return the prime timeline and save our XO from disappearing ... You asked if there were any deviations...Yes! Our XO's hands have disappeared because of some contamination to the timeline.. if we don't correct the error and we believe the error is someone stopped Hal's ancestor Holly Jordan from meeting the man she is supposed to marry..or if not marry...be with ..if that does not happen our XO will not be born.. and will disappear from existence. Now tell us more details about your mission. What is the major catastrophe that will happen if you fail?" She looked at Zania as she spoke and Zania looked calm and did not attempt to prevent her from speaking to Gary about their mission... she looked at Zania with her eyebrows up.. waiting for her to tell more about what she senses from Gary.. Evelyn walks closer to Zania and whispers "What do you sense about Gary Seven? Can we trust him?"

Evey Johnson / Evey Riley was still thinking about her previous conversation... Dr. Bennock had said the behavior of subatomic particles was uncertain. We had traveled back in time and altered some key events in Hal's life, those had introduced quantum changes that on a macroscopic level, lead up to destroying his body and if corrected produce physical changes. She had agreed but had added that due to how things happened here we are facing the uncertainty principle Dr. Bennock, at the quantum level, particles can exhibit unpredictable behavior and this is what's happening to Hal. These uncertainties lead to fluctuations in the structure and composition of cells and tissues, so his shape is changing because of that. I don't know if we will have "all of him" back. We need to run more tests but keep him calm. The CO's voice brought her mind to the present and she wondered if they would be able to correct all of the damage to the timeline. She saw Ensign Albatros approaching and smiled. She sighed and told Commodore Rieko. "Hal's body is still fluctuating at a cellular level. We are still running tests to determine the extent of the damage. His hands are more visible now, but his face has gone through some changes''

Holly Jordan sat on the bench outside the diner, licking her lips to get the last little taste of the "energy drink" that Evey had given her. She had (regretfully) thrown the empty cup into a nearby trash bin, wishing she could have kept it but knowing that she would need to travel light. She had heard that the Woodstock festival was somewhat chaotic, so it was a good idea having both hands free so she could navigate the crowd.. And the way she was feeling at the moment, she would not need any extras to worry about. She was a bit light-headed, seeing glowing streaks rip across the sky at the fringes of her vision, sometimes getting the impression that objects were being replaced with slightly different copies of themselves. She felt that something important was happening to her. From now on she would very carefully put one foot in front of the other and navigate toward the uncertain future. For now, she sat on the bench waiting for something to happen.

Sandra Lacrima looked a bit startled as the cat seemed to knowingly react to her by also sticking its tongue out at her. As the cat had turned back forward and seemed to follow the conversation between the CO and this Mr. Seven, she refocused on her duty and kept an eye on the situation. To get a better overview, she moved a bit off towards the bar to sit down on one of the stools. As the situation seemed to have calmed down for the moment, she took a look at the selection of cakes and pastries.

Dr. Bennock looked at Hal and answered while pushing some buttons and walking around the biobed. "I have discussed this subject with Dr. Riley. If they found the problem I wouldn't worry too much, even when you still can't see all the parts of your body. Your mind worries me more, as it would be logical you could be feeling confusion, but you shouldn't experience any life altering changes in your memory and if you do, they would come and go. Is that what you are experiencing?"

Isis looked up at Willow and then up at Gary, she said, "Meow...mew , meoww.. growl '' and ends with a soft insulting growl. (translation Catish -> English: Gary, I'm resigned that we will be working with these people in order to complete our mission and to help the Federation complete theirs as well. We are all working toward the same goal as was the situation with Kirk. COMMODORE Willow seems ok to work with, but she’s no James Kirk, that’s for sure.)

Agent Gary Seven responds to the Cat "Yes, I agree. We shall make the best of it." He explains, ((truthfully)) to Willow "My mission today is to make sure this man.." Gary produces a black and white photo labeled Don Hill and hands it to Willow "..has a good day. His name is Don Hill. Keep the photo. The divergence seems to be because he is arrested in this time variance after a scuffle when Jimi Hendrix refuses to perform, and this determines a path that leads to planetary destruction. It's rather involved, but I can tell you his research leads to a weapon that can cause a runaway nuclear chain reaction in the atmosphere. In the prime timeline, instead, he has a lovely time today, and is inspired by Jimi's music to create several agricultural innovations, leading to crop improvement and sustainability. So our crux is making sure Hendrix goes on, plays, and Don Hill witnesses it. That was the mission of Vee-2, but he seems to be waylaid, and I need to locate him. But first I need to find the bagman, Nettles, and determine why the care package was not delivered to Jimi". "The effects on your XO may or may not be directly related to this divergence, Let us check the XO's status after we have readjusted the timestream. If unchanged then, I will focus all of my resources on that correction. Not to worry, Isis and I tackle 3 or 4 corrections a week" At this moment Gary's servo beeps, Gary taps a button saying "go" as he holds the servo speaker to his ear. After a moment he responds "Got it." and lowers the servo. Then speaks to Willow again "I've learned from my assistant that Jack Van Dyke, the local supplier, threw away the care package for some reason and now can't recall where. I need to visit him and extract the information, see if the package can be retrieved and pass it on to Nettles, who can complete the delivery. Meanwhile I suggest your team locate Nettles and Don Hill at the festival to monitor them? If you like I can transport you to the coordinates we have for Vee-2, where I expect Nettles is too. Here is a photo of Nettles " Gary produces another black and white photo, this one labeled Nettles.

Azure: I'm pleased that we seem to be on the right track as far as correcting deviations to the timeline. Now, the difficult part will be the implementation of corrections. Fortunately, we can use the vortex as our temporal compass. When the tachyon pattern returns to normal, we'll know we're heading toward our true north.

Eve Angeles / Ev0lizard Albatros whispers to Evey „I know the Earth, but no at this time, you can count with me, Ma´am.“

Susan Johnson / Quertie Que shuffles with her camera, adjusting settings and ensuring we capture the nearby area for the historical value it will provide historians back home. Even if we don’t have regular contact with Earth, the archive will eventually return there. Quertie turns to Gary. A strikingly handsome and well-dressed man who appeared to be in his forties. Based on her conversation with her commander, Quertie realized she could drop the “How do I work this camera” act to somebody more knowledgeable about what was happening. She smiles as she looks up at him and says, “Hi Gary, my name is Quertie, and it is a pleasure to meet you. I understand we can help each other, and I would greatly appreciate that. I’ve been struggling on my travels, I’ve been rolling back and forth through two millennia. Our information about you is sparse. Do you mind if we ask you a few questions?” Gary nods affirmatively. Quertie smiles and asks, “Really, it’s the most basic questions that fill in some of our information, such as who you are and where you come from. You appear human. Our scans say you mostly are, but why come to Earth? Why is it important to you? Surely, there must be more worthy species out there worth saving than the Human race in this period. Look around, they are uncultured savages who ingest dangerous chemicals to help them feel better. Is there anything we can do to help you with your mission that you think we might be overlooking? Perhaps even a better understanding of how time threads weave the tapestry of our reality together. Specifically, do you know why we see our friend slowly vanishing? This is the oddest temporal mechanics behaviour I’ve ever seen or read about. I imagined you’d exist or not exist, but you, how could the result be translucency?”

Jimi Hendrix sits on the stoop of his trailer backstage at the festival, moaning at his manager. Jimi is in a sullen mood as the rain falls hard on the grass, converting slowly to mud by the mingling and rushing people backstage. "What a downer, man, waiting all night, tired, crabby. head and body aching." he mumbles to his manager. "Man the concert is supposed to be over, why even play? If I don't get my pick me -up, well forget this mess, I'll grab a chopper out. Where is that Nettles dude with my good stuff?" JImi lights up another cigarette and watches another band board the chopper to be lifted out to dryness, warmth, good food and good sleep, longing to be going with.

Hal Jordan listened gratefully to Doctor Bennok. The man really was a master at his profession. "Thanks, Doc. I really love the 'I wouldn't worry' part of your talk there, and I understand what you are saying. Changes are happening now and in the near future, and they are working their way down the timeline toward their endpoint. The feeling from my point of view is difficult to describe. Do you know the carnival ride on Old Earth called the roller coaster? There are simulations of it in the holodeck. It's basically a gravity-driven ride on rails. A line of connected rail cars is accelerated to the high point, then coasts downhill through a series of twists and turns. My life right now feels like that roller coaster. Right now I am accelerating very slowly toward the top of the ride. I can see that my hand is changing, becoming more visible. It feels like I am at the top, just about to accelerate down the starting slope. I feel like things will be changing rapidly soon."

Zania Turner looks at the CO, thankful they finally got a moment where they could talk a bit without any civilians native to this world overhearing. She paused and then whispered back, "He was frustrated before, even hostile, but I can sense that that sensation has dissipated. He may still be irritated, but at this point I do not believe he has any ill intentions toward us. If nothing else, he almost seems to be harboring a deep and unrevealed fondness for the Federation."

cont'd
Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant

Evelyn looks to Zania listening to her report on what she senses from Gary Seven. She whispers, "That is very reassuring Admiral." Inform me if anything changes in his attitude..also are you able to sense anything about his cat? That cat is oddly disturbing.., Gary seems to be actually having conversations with it. Could you use your linguistics knowledge and your tricorder to try to translate that cat's meows..our universal translator only picks it up as meows...but that cat is speaking to Gary Seven and he understands it. Let me know if you are successful in deciphering that cat's language." She listened to Evey, "I am very worried about Hal. I do believe that he will be alright if we can get Holly Jordan and Don Hill together. We must not fail." She walked to a table and used the photos Gary had given her and discreetly scanned them into her tricorder...then sent them to everyone along with info about the two men. Evelyn sent them to Dr. Bennok, LtJG Quan and Cmdr Bjorn also on the ship. She turned and listened to Quertie speaking with Gary, trying to get intel on him it seemed. Evelyn looked to Gary, and added, " I think our missions intersect. And as you said we will check our XO Hal Jordan's condition when our missions are completed." She looked to Quertie then to Gary again and said "Yes, those are good questions Mr. Seven.. you know a lot about us...but we know very little about you. Where are you from? Are you human? Why are you helping earth?" She repeated some of Quertie's questions and shook her head at some of the insulting things Quertie had said about humans in this time period. She wasn't sure if Quertie really felt that way or if it was a part of her Intel technique to get Gary to answer her.

Evey whispered back to Ensign Angeles. "It's a very interesting era, and I would enjoy the stay more if we didn't mess with the timeline. I dont think I'd like to be back here. These changes are so difficult to track and if it wasn't because this man is helping, we could lose the XO" She tried to peek over Commodore Rieko's shoulder to see the picture, then she heard her. What? Was Quertie just calling everyone here "uncultured savages"? She almost burst out laughing when she heard the "dangerous chemicals" She shook her head with a smile. She would have tried to stop her from saying that but it was Quertie! She was direct and confrontational, and she had the guts to ask this guy about his motives, offering help at the same time. She had just received some files. She looked at her tricorder and there he was... Don Hill... Her eyes opened like big plates. He was so similar to Hal! She whispered to Commodore Rieko a little louder than she intended "These two are getting together no matter what I have to do."

Holly fidgeted on the bench and finally had to stand up. She needed to move, to get something done. She turned slowly in a circle. The bright streaks were more frequent now, zipping past her faster and faster. She noticed that they all seemed to come from a single source point and spread out in all directions from there. The source was down the street, in the direction of the Woodstock music festival. She felt an overwhelming urge to go there, right now. On her right, the bench changed color from green to white and then back to a different shade of green. The name of the restaurant, with all the strange people inside participating in a conference, changed from "The Pink Flamingo" to "The Brown Derby" and then reverted back to the original. Enough waiting, it was time to move. She walked down the street toward her destiny.

Sandra intently looked at one of the Donuts and instantly knew this would be the one. She placed a 10-cent-coin of the money they got equipped with for this mission on the counter and grabbed the sticky o-shaped piece of contemporary baking art and cross-eyed let her teeth slowly sink into the soft, sugar-frosted ring of carbs. She closed her eyes and moaned out as she chomped on the first bite and tasted it: real sugar! The last time she had tasted real sugar was at her Grandma ́s, who had run her own bakery and pastry shop in Munich. With a happily munching face she turned her attention back towards the CO and Mr. Seven, who were still talking about the next steps. And oddly, the cat seemed to be involved in the talks… she would never trust a pet again. Other than that, all she had to do for the moment was to wait for further orders… and maybe try one of those delicious looking cupcakes.

Dr. Bennock tapped the machine and looked at the monitor "I'm not related to those carnivals, but I know roller coasters, so I'm assuming you are experiencing confusion and a sense of being lost while adrenaline pumps up. It's totally understandable, but we have a good team, they will find a way to keep you alive. Your hands are not that important now, but your mind" He activated the Quantum Cellular scanner and looked at the numbers. The individual cells were analyzed in real-time. There was no chance of failure. It had detected anomalies and chromosomal alterations. It wasn't a stable reading to determine his condition even if it was at a molecular level. He looked at him, quickly moving a hand so he didn't move. "My logic, common sense, the research and some tests support the theory that a person's body could exist in multiple shapes or configurations at the quantum level. I agree things are changing rapidly. When the timeline is altered, it provokes quantum changes, so your body is shifting between different possible forms or states, until it settles. I would recommend that you write…” He paused for a moment and then continued with a barely imperceptible look of regret on his face " to record some vital data so you can hear them if you feel confused or if your memory starts to fail" He looked at his medical tricorder and started reading it. "It seems they found your ancestor. We have a picture of him. Very interesting"

Isis listened to Willow, then the one called Quertie and the one called Evey. It was all very fascinating, but as the Commodore Willow realized the mission she and Gary were on was much more important. She hoped these people did not end up causing them to fail. The Federation team wanted to help, but they seemed like a bumbling group that could accidentally cause more harm than good. She said this to Gary and then added, "Meow..meeeeoooow, mew mew meos grrr, meow." (translation Catish->English "Gary, give me to the one I have been with before you arrived, Glowing Spirit... ask her to keep me safe or some such drivel..so that I can keep an eye on this Federation team and keep them from ruining anything.")

Agent Gary Seven speaks with the meowing cat "What's that Isis? ...Excellent idea, you go to your new friend, keep them safe. Call me once you have the targets." He watches as the cat jumps down and moves to the first Hippy Chick (Glowing). "Isis will go with you, she can manage the transport. You will find her sense of smell very helpful in finding Hill and Nettles. Please keep her safe". Agent Gary Seven turns to the questioning redhead in the Psychedelic dress, and peers downward at the camera (or something) before raising his head to meet her gaze and beginning, politely but a bit evasively. "I am Human, from Earth, but from a long long time ago. The civilization I work for maintains the Prime timeline, and I am on Assignment : Earth, since I am a native. The Prime Timeline is like a roadway, and can be exited, like a car swerving from a lane; my job is to steer it back before there is an accident. Since two potential temporal realities coexist now, based on future determinations, your xo's chroniton bonds are destabilizing sub-atomically, causing quantum mutations and eventual dephase, what we refer to as Dropslip, and will until the prime timeline is reestablished and confirmed by our corrections. It's really that simple, but the devilishly detailed anti-paradox technical training takes years." Gary offers a brief smile as he looks into her sunglass-hidden eyes. "I hope that answers your questions. Now I must find and retrieve this all-important drug package. I will meet you at the Festival Backstage when I have found it." Gary moves to a corner out of view of non-crew and if everything is settled would dematerialize in a quickly dissipating red mist.

Azure: From my seat, I listened to what Mr. Seven revealed to Quertie about his mission. I wonder how long he or others like him have been on Earth. What about other worlds? It's comforting that he does seem to share our perspective on preservation of the timeline. Also, this milkshake is delicious. I slip the tricorder from under my dress to quickly scan it. I'll program it into the replicator when we get back to the Durant.In a loud whisper, I say, "Sandra, scan the pastries." (end)

Ev0lizard whispers to Evey „I haven't forgotten the mission Doc, I'm worried that someone else will hear us and we'll change something else for the worse...hmmm...normally similar bodily aspects give off similar smells, I'll be attentive“

Quertie could see the surprised look on her CO’s face at her questioning, so she lowered her head and cowered a little realizing the negativity she spoke. “It was true though, this timeframe was historically very violent. Thousands were faced with the threat of projectile violence all the time here. Can you imagine the trauma of that thing?” Quertie nods as she receives some of the answers she sought from Mr. Seven, “That’s not much more than information than we had before, although your explanation for how we see this temporal effect is recorded, and I’m sure our science folks can explain it to me. I’m glad you see us for who we are, not just hippies who located a downed ship and we’re passing ourselves off. How do you know the correct time liiii…,” Quertie stopped as Gary disappeared in his red mist. “Well, that was sort of rude, but maybe it was time for action, and there were too many questions.”

Jimi Hendrix is still in a deep funk as he asks his manager. "Try that Nettles guy again on the phone. Man, I don't believe he stiffed us. must be the traffic or something, I guess. This is turning out to be a major drag man." He goes quiet as he watches the rain pour down. and continues mumbling, half singing, "...'two riders were approaching..and the wind began to howl'...probably get electrocuted in this, man, horses and all,..where is that dude?" Jimi looks in his stash bag, all that's left is a quart of Jack and some once-dried banana peels, now soggy and damp brown.

Hal stood up from the biobed and walked to a local computer console. "That's a great idea, recording information about myself so I can read it later. Let's start with family. Computer, display Hal Jordan's family tree." The screen lit up with photos and names, connected by lines, showing Hal at the bottom and working upward in an ever-widening fan of ancestors. "Do you see all of them? This is great. Father: Martin Jordan, Mother: Jessica Jordan, Siblings: Jack Jordan, Jim Jordan. Grandparents, great-grandparents, all names and faces displayed, birth and death dates included. But something is different here. See, just at the top of the screen? That lady's name changed from Elizabeth to Joan. Then just below it, here, her son's name changed from Vernon to Robert. The photos are changing too, but only on one side of the family tree. The other side of the tree remains the same." Hal watched as the entire left side of the display went into flux, names and faces blurring, then settling into new configurations, then blurring again. "The computer is displaying the changes as they work their way down the timeline. But there's an uncertainty factor too. Apparently there is no certainty or finality about these changes yet. Everything is still 'up in the air' as we say back home. Anything I might record here will probably change in the next few minutes or hours, as my history and knowledge changes. Different ancestors will pass on different attributes to me. I might not be the Durant XO any more, or I might look completely different, or I may not exist at all! I guess all I have to do now is wait for whatever is going to happen to me. I have no control over anything any more." He sat back down on the biobed.

Zania listened to the direction her CO wanted her to go and nodded. She whispered back, "I'll have to do it discreetly, but I can certainly try." She then made her way over to the side, keeping the cat within view, and pulled out her tricorder. She then tried to see what she could pick up . . . if there were any kind of patterns or indication that the cat may have any indication of a humanoid brain pattern so she could decipher what it was saying.

=^=
Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant

MISSION IMAGES
=============

Evelyn Rieko, Commodore

Evey Riley, Lt. Cmdr.

Holly Jordan, 1969 resident

Sandra Lacrima, Lt.

Isis

Gary Seven

Azure, Lt. JG

Ev0lizard Albatros, Ensign

Quertie Que, Lt. Cmdr.

Hal Jordan, Captain

Zania Turner, Rear Admiral

Lacrima keeping an eye on the situation… and the pastries.

Que :“Hi Gary, my name is Quertie, [...] Do you mind if we ask you a few questions?”

*click on image to see video*
Hal: “[...] Different ancestors will pass on different attributes to me. I might not be the Durant XO any more, or I might look completely different, or I may not exist at all![...]”

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”