:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

USS T-Durant - TDRP1749: "by the River Dhaara" (191214)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

CHARACTERS:
===========

Precia Araina, Queen of Cronon ((Evelyn Rieko))
James T. Hode (Captain), CO ((Poison Toocool))

=^=

PREVIOUS:
TDRP1707: "There are Four Lights!" (190224)
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=31151

TDRP1709: "Crossroads" (190303)
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=31182

TDRP1710: "Cross Examination" (190308)
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=31200

TDRP1711: "Star Crossed" (190309)
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=31204

TDRP1714: "The Promise"
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=31270

TDRP1715: "The Reception" (190331)
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=31259

TDRP1716: "The Sorrow"
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/forums/viewt ... 85&t=31271

TDRP1721: "Shall we Dance"
http://forums.ufstarfleet.org/viewtopic ... 85&t=31355

TDRP1727: "Oolong"
http://forums.ufstarfleet.org/viewtopic ... 85&t=31456

TDRP1734: "Number One"
http://forums.ufstarfleet.org/viewtopic ... 85&t=31564

TDRP1740: "Needs of the Many"
http://forums.ufstarfleet.org/viewtopic ... 85&t=31615

=OOC==============================================
SIM Concept: Poison Toocool & Evelyn Rieko
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Grid: Second Life Grid

Two days before the Maricaa Festival of Harvest and Fertility:

=^= "Shanklin -> Starfleet London Earth -> Operations -> The Precia Hall, Planet Cronon.
Incoming signal for Queen Araina Elani Zhor. Text only." =^=

Beloved of my heart, Araina, I am still visiting my ancestral home on Earth and it will be some time before I can join you. Our time will come. Soon. I think of you daily. I wonder what you are doing, what you are thinking, if your day is satisfying and your work a joyful thing. But, although I can't be with you for your festival, I wondered if you would do something for me. I wondered if you would go to the river Dhaara, by the waterfall where we walked together after our first meeting... take with you your communication device. Dress pretty. Then I will call in some favours and contact you there at midnight on fest day, with full video/audio... and share with you a few precious moments over long range comms. Would you do that for me? I so long to see your beautiful face.

=^= "Shanklin -> Starfleet London Earth -> Operations -> The Precia Hall, Planet Cronon Message Ends" =^=

=^= "The Precia Hall -> Planet Cronon -> Queen Araina Elani Zhor -> Shanklin -> Starfleet London Earth -> Incoming signal for James Tiberius Hode. Text only." =^=

Jim, my love, of course, I will do as you request and go to the river Dhaara near the waterfall at midnight. I'm happily looking forward to our video/audio communication.. I've been smiling a lot ever since I received your message. I will be there my love.

=^= "The Precia Hall -> Planet Cronon -> Queen Araina Elani Zhor -> Shanklin -> Starfleet London Earth -> =^=Message ends =^=

On Maricaa Festival Day:

[Araina]: Against the advice of her guards, Araina has left the Precia Hall , on her way to the waterfalls to start the video/audio communication with Jim. Her head guard and two Lieutenants are the only ones that know the exact location she is going to. She did not tell her new assistant or the Counselor Ruel about this because Ruel would have tried to stop her from coming here, and she knew he would not have given up and would have followed her here if he knew. She's brought her communication device as Jim had instructed and waited anxiously for the video/audio to begin, feeling so excited! She remembered walking here and talking with Jim... that felt like it was eons ago.

=^= "Shanklin -> Starfleet London Earth -> Operations -> Planet Cronon. Incoming signal for Queen Araina Elani Zhor. Audio only." =^=

[Jim] voice, faint but recognizable, is heard. =^= "Araina? Can you hear me sweetheart?" =^= There is an earnestness to the sound, coloured perhaps by the sound of water falling from the cliffs above, and babbling in the stream. =^= "Are you there? At the falls? I have such beautiful memories of the time we walked there. The look on your face, the touch of your hand... if I close my eyes, I can see you there... feel the mist on my face... hear the singing of the water as it flows... nothing compared to the music of your soft voice." =^= **

: =^= "Jim! Yes. I hear you! I'm at the falls. Just as you asked Darling.....but there's no visual Jim! Only audio...I was so looking forward to seeing you. Can it be done? Can you send a video communique, Love? Is it possible? I miss you so much. I was looking forward to seeing you visually and talking with you." Her voice is filled with disappointment but she tries to hide it and continues, "if we can't have video...that's fine. I'm just happy to hear from you.".=^=

<< The signal from Earth seems to fade in and out. >>

Jim's voice seemed to falter. =^= "Araina? darn it. I was hoping we could see each other, but the comms array seems to be suffering a little.. they tell me it's a solar storm affecting long range signals. Tell me (suddenly his voice seemed a little stronger), tell me what you chose to wear for me? Whatever it is, I know you will be lovely. I wish I could see it! But, it won't be long before I am there with you, at last. I am counting the hours (a little static) … you?" =^=

[Araina]: =^= " I wish you could see my dress, but I will describe it for you". She smiles, and the smile is heard in her voice, "It is shimmering, soft, and flowing, made of shimari fabric. Very soft to the touch in a silver gray color with purple roses in the design of the fabric along the middle and bottom of the dress accenting it...and a soft flowing cape made of the same material as the dress. I had it made just for this occasion...for you. I hoped you would like it." =^=

Jim's voice is warm and rich as he says softly, =^= "I am picturing you now. It sounds heavenly. Soft, flowing, shimmering... I wish I was there. I wish I could see you. I wish I could feel the night air around us... I wish I could touch your hand and tell you how much I've missed you. I wish... I wish..." =^= his voice trailed away. Choked with emotion?

[Araina]: The emotion in his voice touched her. She wanted so badly to hold him and stroke his brow and his hair to comfort him and let him feel her love as she felt his now in his voice and his words. If only she could see him. =^= "Jim, I long to touch you too, my love. I've missed you desperately! I've had so many issues and sessions to conduct but through all my busy days you are always there in the back of mind, and in my quiet time I think of you, and the times we were able to touch and the times I could see your face and look into your eyes...and our Promise. I know you've been fighting a war. I was so worried about you...and so happy you're safe now. When will you..."=^= She stopped, she had decided she would not ask Jim when will he come back to Cronon..to her, but now standing here she could not help it. =^= "Jim, when will you come back to me?" =^=

[Jim]: =^= "I'm okay. Starfleet held its own. I'm safe." =^= He tried to reassure her.

From the darkness of the forest, a silent figure moves quietly towards Araina. The music of the waterfall deadens the footfalls. Perhaps the lady is so engrossed in her conversation she does not see the fleeting shadow, or hear the steps carrying it towards her.

Jim's voice comes to her again: =^= "Araina? Can you hear me? Do you know... do you know you are the love I have sought all my life? That you are the one that lights me up inside? The sound of your voice, the way you think... the way your smile curves your lips... are priceless treasures to me. Close your eyes, my darling. Close your eyes and imagine I am there with you. Beside you. Ready to hold you for the rest of our lives." =^=

[Araina]: A smile curves her lips as she listens to Jim's sweet words =^= "Jim, you are such a romantic soul. I love you darling. My eyes are closed, I'm imagining you here with me, standing near and reaching your hand out to me. I place my hand in yours and we move closer to each other and into an embrace. We're holding each other close, feeling the warmth of our bodies.... I can almost feel you, darling. I touch your hair.. run my fingers through it. I kiss your cheek and your lips. I can almost feel it." Her voice lowers to a husky whisper, "I love you, Jim." =^= She allows herself a few moments, absorbed in the fantasy she and Jim has created. The sounds of the falls adding to the romance of this moment, but deafening the sounds of the forest.

[Jim]: "Araina?" Was the signal stronger? His voice was so clear. "Open your eyes, my darling one." he said. And there he was, standing by her, a soft smile on his face as he waited to see her reaction. She would never know how hard he had worked, how many favours he had called in, in order to be here with her on this magical night. The first of many, he hoped. For he would not leave her again, if it could be helped. The past months, so far from her, had been painful. Alone and by himself he could admit he had wept sometimes, longing for her, afraid he would lose her, afraid fate would part them just as it had brought them together. All the nice sayings about their love being written in the stars seemed empty and hopeless when he was lightyears away with no hope of getting back to her anytime soon. But now, he was here. His face was moist. Was it the mist from the waterfall or the salt-blessed tears of joy on his face? "Araina," was all he could say for a moment. His jaw worked as he gazed on her face, hardly able to believe he was here. At last.

[Araina]: She heard Jim's voice... so clear as if he were here.... he's.. she opened her eyes and there he was, standing near her. She felt disoriented for a few seconds, then filled with delight! "Jim! Oh Jim! You're here! How?" She was filled with so much happiness and wonder.. she smiled and then laughed... She reached out and gently wiped the wetness from his face, as the wind blew more mist toward them. "Oh Jim... are you really here? She touched his hair and his chest.. What a wonderful surprise!!!! How?"

Jim stood silent, accepting her touch on his face, his hair, his chest. Then he would reach for her hand, to catch it in his. He was dressed in flowing robes. While on Earth he had studied medieval timelines and tried to come up with a costume he felt would represent a commoner coming to meet with a Queen. Despite their love, he was aware he did not hold any position in her culture. But he did hold one in his own. His lineage was long, and his family had fought in the Wars of the Roses, been awarded an Earldom. He had never bothered much with it. He was the last of his line, as they would say, and being a Starfleet Captain meant far more to him than being Earl of Sandown. "My darling," he said, holding her hand close to his heart, looking down into her lovely eyes. "My Araina."

[Araina]: "My Jim", she said, smiling happily up into his eyes. "I'm so glad you're here! What a wonderful surprise! So wonderful... but it was so unexpected! I almost did not believe my eyes!" She laughed as tears clouded her vision, " I don't know if I should push you in the river for surprising me like this! Or keep you forever for surprising me like this. You look wonderful Jim! No Starfleet uniform.... does this hold significance?" She tilted her head to the side looking up at him.

Jim heard every word she said, like a balm to every part of him that had suffered in the past. Her laugh made him smile, the sound of it reverberated through his soul. "Don't push me in," he teased, "don't think I can swim in all these robes." He chuckled but his face was still serious. It was like, at this moment, by the magical waterfall, in her lovely presence, all those old wounds were healed... and he was born again. Starting fresh. With her. Could it be real? Once more his cheeks received tears, tears of joy, tears of relief, salt tears that rolled down and dripped from his chin as he looked at her, trying to take it in. Even though he had arranged for this, planned for this, travelled here, talked to the Cronon security and pushed them to allow this meeting... it all seemed surreal. But the touch of her hand was warm, soft... he could feel her pulse, her heart beating, as he held it.

[Araina]: "Darling, I love you. I love everything about you, especially the way you make me laugh and smile." She looked down shaking her head as she said, "I've never believed in fairy tales. Especially not the one about the Precia's Solio, but now I feel like I'm living a fairytale with you." She looked up into his eyes with a serious expression saying "You are my Solio, my destiny." She smiled. "I'm the happiest woman on Cronon! To have these moments with you and knowing you're mine makes me so happy. I didn't know I could ever feel like this." She looked worried suddenly and asked "How long can you stay?"

Jim took a deep breath, and simply said: "Forever." Now was the time to do what he had come here to do. Looking at her face, he sank down until he was on one knee. "Araina Elani Zhor of the noble and strong royal bloodline of the Cronon Zha! Daughter of Elani Misha Cekor and Zhor Raina Borso! Precia of Cronon. I, James Tiberius Hode of the green and pleasant Britain, son of Thomas Robin Hode and Elizabeth Helena Regent, Earl of Sandown, honoured Captain and Command in the Federation, now humbly ask you, will you be my wife according to the customs of your folk and my folk, but mostly, because... you are my Solia, and there is none other I would ever hold in my heart than you, for the rest of my days and beyond."

[Araina]: "Forever!? Oh Jim!" She was not one to cry often, but the tears were in her eyes again and flowing now. It was just too much emotion, wonderful emotions... the wonderful surprise of Jim being here, Jim's beautiful words of love, and now his proposal. They did not have to wait any longer. "Jim, I'm so happy! I Araina Elani Zhor of the noble and strong royal bloodline of the Cronon Zha! Daughter of Elani Misha Cekor and Zhor Raina Borso! Precia of Cronon, accept your proposal of marriage. My love, My Captain, My Solio. Yes, I will be your wife, James Tiberius Hode of the green and pleasant Britain, son of Thomas Robin Hode and Elizabeth Helena Regent, Earl of Sandown, honoured Captain and Command in the Federation. We will wed, and we will be together forever." She smiled down at him, her hand in his.

Much later, the happy couple danced under the stars... Solio and Solia... together again, at last.

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Grid: SL

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”