:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

USS T-Durant Mission TDRP1734 - Supplemental: "Number One" (190907)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

Captain's Ready Room
USS Taylorholic Durant

-----------------------

Captain James T. Hode paced in his ready room. Even after a day in sickbay - very irritating to be compelled to stay there when there was absolutely nothing wrong with him - and after a solid sleep in his quarters, he still felt restless. Being unable to leave the holodeck was a claustrophobic experience, and returning to the confines of his ready room... he muttered to himself and ran a hand through his hair. 'Get a grip, man!' He had business to attend to... he'd requested Evelyn report to him. There was... he had to... before he could solidify his thoughts he heard the chime at his door. Straightening his jacket and trying to smooth his hair, he blurted, "Come."

Lieutenant Commander Evelyn Rieko was feeling very happy... elated! She and the crew had rescued the Captain and saved the Durant from destruction or an even a worse fate of being forever trapped inside a temporal anomaly. When the reports came to her that the Durant was alright and the Captain was safe, she had given orders to take the Captain to sickbay immediately for an evaluation and physical. Then her legs were suddenly weak and almost gave out beneath her, she quickly sat in the Captain's chair. Now she had felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her. The weight had been pushing her down and she had pushed against it mentally and even physically because her body had been rigid and tense during the ordeal, but now the weight was gone, and her body needed time to relax. She was starting to relax. She heard Jim telling her to enter, and she walked into his ready room. She smiled at him, and resisted the urge to run to him and give him a big hug! "Hello Jim, how are you feeling? The doctor said you are in excellent condition...physically but how are you emotionally?"

Jim stood awkwardly waiting for her to enter the ready room. As she did so, the brightness on her face, her smile, her eagerness... washed away his gloom. She was like the sun appearing through the clouds after a deluge of rain. For a moment he just watched her move towards him, and then stop. He saw a look in her eyes and instinctively felt a connection... without thinking he moved across the room to her and opened his arms with a smile. "Getting used to... being back in this timeline, I suppose."

[Evelyn]: when Jim walked closer and opened his arms to her, her smile turned into a grin, and she moved quickly into his arms, giving him that big hug...laughing a little....and saying "I was so afraid for you, Jim! For everyone but especially for you...you were apart from us and we thought we might lose you! She rubbed her cheek softly against his before pulling back. "So happy you're safe!" What was it like in there?

Jim caught a whiff of her fresh scent as she easily came into his arms, even touching her cheek to his. He did not wish to make her uncomfortable so he allowed her to pull back but smiled down at her. "It was a very strange experience, Evelyn." Protocol be darned. She was a friend as well as an officer. "I could swear only a short time had passed... in fact, I had the oddest sensation that I had been where I was and said what I said before... but when I called for the arch, nothing happened. That's when I grew concerned. Yet even then, I felt like I remembered feeling concerned. I began to wonder if I had repeated this loop many times over... and whether it would ever end." He looked into her face and added, "It's not an experience I would wish to repeat..." he stepped back then, moving towards the end of the conference table (he preferred one to a desk) and indicated the pots of tea he had placed there. "Join me in a cuppa?"

Evelyn smiled when he offered her tea, "Thanks Jim, Oolong?" She took the seat she had the last time they had tea together here. She, poured as she did last time, taking his cup first adding the milk to it..remembering how he took his tea..and handing it too him..pouring the tea into his cup, and then pouring her own and adding sugar. She looked to him, "That sounds extraordinary, and very much like what we were going through. I put it all in my report." She gazed off at nothing, thinking back on the experience. "I even found myself back at my home in New Gaul, before I'd joined Starfleet....we all had experiences like that being caught in that time loop." She suddenly remembered her tea, lifted the cup and took a sip of it. "Mmmmm it's good."

Jim sat down and watched as she prepared his tea for him, taking the cup with a smile as she talked about what had happened. He took a long sip. "Perfect." Just the right temperature, the tea had steeped just long enough. An excellent cup of tea. "I read all the reports, of course," he said, "I had to do *something* while trapped in sickbay," he growled with a bit of a wink. Drinking again, he then put his cup down and drummed his fingers on the desk for a moment. "You did a fine job, Evelyn. So fine I wrote to headquarters and they agree with me... even though you are not quite finished your command training... they have allowed a promotion." He took a small box from his pocket. "Congratulations, Commander."

Evelyn's brows lifted in surprise, "Ooooh....oh my!! That was so good of you..so amazing really. It makes me feel so happy and humbled that you believe I deserve this honor. Thank you, Sir!" She took the box from his hand and opened it..the Commander pips.. bright and shiny lay there. She placed the box on the table, removed her Lieutenant Commander pips and replaced them with her new Commander pips, then looked over at Jim with a big smile, "Thank you, Sir, I will do my best to live up to your confidence in me. I will try to never let you down"

Jim smiled to her. "I can't imagine a time you'll let me down." He leaned forward, "There's something else. In the dispatches and reports from headquarters, there was also communication from Rear Admiral Skinstad. She is still heavily involved with the issues on Betazed, and unable to return to the Durant for any significant length of time as long as that situation continues. She and I have conferred, and we both agree... you have done an outstanding job as Acting XO, and we would like to appoint you to the position of XO, effective immediately."

Evelyn hearing Jim saying he can't imagine a time when she would let him down, made her feel so good, she smiled at him warmly. Then when he said she was being appointed XO, officially the XO of the Taylorholic Durant, her eyes lit up. She was filled with even more happiness looking at Jim she says, "I accept! I'm XO of the Taylorholic Durant! Your number one! She laughed, "I'm so happy, Jim! Can this day get any better? No way! Thank you, I will do my best to make sure you never regret it." She laughs quietly.

Jim grinned at her reaction. "I'm glad you accept! Yes, it's quite a wonderful thing... you've been stable and solid as Chief Science Officer. I am sure I won't regret it," a brief sadness ran across his face. He added quickly: "Don't thank me too soon. It's a major responsibility. You will need to complete your command training as quickly as possible - you must be an example to the crew. You have a good rapport with the crew, now you are official 'their boss' you might find a little awkwardness as everyone gets used to the idea. Cheryl was a wonderful XO and she will be missed, of course. She is still assigned to Durant as a diplomat and will join us for specific missions as she can. Now..." he added, sounding a little more formal, "a crucial part of your responsibility is going to be to speak your mind, quote regulations and disagree with me. The safety of the ship and crew is our responsibility. If you think I've missed an important detail, or if I haven't thought things through, then you'll have to say so. Without hesitation. Clear?"

[Evelyn]: "Yes, Sir! Crystal." She had listened to him, nodding as he spoke to her and thinking, he is every bit the Captain now, serious, formal, strict. This was a huge part of why she liked him so much. He was good at his job, he was very analytical and intelligent, good at problem-solving and very protective of his crew. She nodded again as he mentioned Admiral Skinstad, listening and nibbling her bottom lip as he spoke to her, " Yes, Sir, everyone will miss having RADM Skinstad on the ship as XO. I enjoyed having her as XO, she always made me feel comfortable and cared about when she was near. When she took over for you at times, I never felt any less safe under her command. Like you, she is very caring about the crew" she looked away for a moment thinking, then back at Jim, " She is a good example to follow, and I will strive to be a great XO like she was. Yes, the crew feels comfortable with me as acting XO, I think most of them will accept me easily as XO, but not all of them. However! I believe time and my performance will win them over I'm sure.

[Jim]: "She is a fine example to follow... I've known her for quite some time, she was involved with the Academy when I first joined. Now, since you've already been covering some of the responsibilities of the XO in the 'acting' role, there are a few other things we will have to cover. Promotions and awards each month, management of the crew list, regular meetings with department Chiefs, inspections... and so on. And hopefully," he looked at her with a smile, "uneventful battle drills."

Evelyn listened to Jim, responding. "Yes Sir" as he gave her the list of XO responsibilities, and duties, thinking, wow, this is a lot more work...as acting XO she did not have to fulfill all of the responsibilities of the XO, but now she will have to do all of those things. She felt good about it all though. She would have to make sure she went over everything again on her PADD. When the last thing on Jim's list was uneventful battle drills, " She giggled, and said " Yes Sir! hopefully uneventful " She then added, " I'm looking forward to being the XO and fulfilling all of my duties as XO."

[Jim]: "Right then, I suppose the first thing we should do is get ourselves back on patrol if you feel the Durant is shipshape and the crew ready to continue our mission."

Evelyn ran her fingers through the ends of her hair looking at Jim, and said, " Sir, yes the ship is fine...repairs are done and it's ready for our mission....but... the crew.... they've all gone through a traumatic experience and it happened at a time when they were already stressed and needing shore leave." She subconsciously gave him a crooked smile, that she used on family and friends when she wanted to be persuasive. She didn't even realize she did that until her mother teasingly pointed it out to her on some occasions. "Sir, the crew needs shore leave ASAP, and I've found just the place to go to... it's on the planet Sephori in the Telos Sector, 17 light-years from Pinastri. It's beautiful, it's relaxing, it's peaceful, it's a resort called Paradise Oasis."

Jim sat back, musing. Part of him just wanted to get underway and back to normal, but he had to put his personal restlessness aside. He'd asked her to speak plainly, and she had. "Quite, quite," he nodded, rising to take their empty cups to the replicator. "I see your point. Are three days enough? I'll send a message to headquarters. They already had a ship covering part of our patrol... I'll request an extension." He looked down at her, saying more softly, "I'm very pleased it's you. I think we'll work well together."
Cmdr. Evelyn Rieko
Executive Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Squadron Mentor | UFSA Halley Squadron
Director | UFSA Activities

http://ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.php?t ... elyn_Rieko]Access
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

ImageSnapshot_2103 by st1pr2, on Flickr