:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

USS T-Durant Mission TDRP1732: “Deja Vu All Over Again" (190803)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

=====OOC======
DURANT MISSION TDRP1732
Sun August 3, 2019
OOC Preparation

==============

STARDATE: 190803
CREW CALL TIME: 1115 SLT
LOCATION TO MEET: Durant
RP LOCATION: Bridge
MISSION LEAD/GM: LTCmdr Rieko (Acting XO)

WHAT TO WEAR:
Official UFS uniform

WHAT TO KNOW:
-the ship is: at stationkeeping
-alert level is: red
-we left Pinastri 5 weeks ago
-we are currently on patrol in Sector 010H

**You should have read:
TDRP1728: "End Program" (190707):
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=31457&p=204680#p204680

TDRP1729: "Computer? ... Computer?" (190714)
http://forums.ufstarfleet.org/viewtopic ... 85&t=31468

POST ORDER: Will be decided, and posted, by the Mission Leader just prior to mission start (and sometimes adjusted in the RP if necessary).
MISSION TIME: Please be ready & prepared & in place for RP to start at 1130 SLT

IC PREMISE: While on a routine patrol of Sector 010, approximately 62 light years from Pinastri, the Acting XO decided to run a battle drill. During the simulation, Operations was ordered to shut down holodecks and transfer power to shields. Holodeck One did not respond to either Bridge commands or external Arch commands. Further investigation revealed that there is a temporal anomaly in the holodeck. It's possible this area of space has hidden dangers.

=OOC================================
SIM Concept: Evelyn Rieko & Poison Toocool
Historian: Poison Toocool
====================================

=====OOC======
ARRIVING LATE? Contact the Mission Lead when you arrive, and wait to be instructed on Post Order & Story before speaking in Local. Come up with a reason why your character would be entering the scene at the appointed time and include it in your first post.
LEAVING EARLY? You need to post out. Come up with a reason why your character would be leaving the scene. Ask for permission to go to your department, for example (RP etiquette also says it’s nice if you wait to see the replies before you actually remove your avatar from the scene).
=====OOC======
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

CAST OF CHARACTERS
=================

Acting XO: Evelyn Rieko (LTCmdr)
Tactical Officer: Janet Gelbert (NPC Cmdr) ((Cheryl Skinstad))
Operations Officer: Russell Sprout (NPC Cmdr) ((Poison Toocool))
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP Narrative:

Evelyn Rieko announces to the engineering personnel: “Commander Sprout, Commander Gelbert and I have just come down from the bridge in the turbolift to Engineering. We are at stationkeeping and red alert! There is a temporal anomaly near holodeck one...someone is trapped inside the holodeck so we can not leave without first getting this person out. we do not know the affects the anomaly may have on this individual if we just attempt to leave the area.. he could be left behind trapped in some kind of Time bubble or time rift trapped forever in that holodeck program. This is a very complex issue, and we need to see what Engineering and Science can make of it.” She looks around Engineering seeing the many busy officers working on this issue, and turns to Sprout, "Mr Gelbert, check with the engineering Chief and give me a report , please. Mr Sprout, check in with Science and give me their report also! This is definitely a Temporal anomaly we are dealing with?" she looks to Sprout.."What type of temporal anomaly have they found?"

Janet Gelbert, realizing the issue with the holodeck is becoming more complex and dangerous, looks around engineering to see if they can work on systems... remembering they are at stationkeeping, at red alert, and are aware someone is in the holodeck, and that there is some kind of temporal anomaly in the holodeck... and possibly around us in space. "At present we believe that the anomaly is just inside the holodeck, and not extending to any other part of the ship Sir "

Sprout entered the turbolift with Commander Gelbert, the Tactical officer on duty, and the Acting XO, Lieutenant Commander Rieko. The issue of Holodeck One not shutting down had been puzzling. But now the situation was more alarming. It appeared that there was some kind of temporal anomaly in the holodeck. He had recommended the ship be brought to stationkeeping as his first concern was that this anomaly had entered the ship somehow, and that there were more like it in the surrounding space, which was relatively uncharted. On top of that concern was the brief glimpses internal sensors had provided to indicate a member of the crew was in holodeck one. Perhaps unaware of the red alert due to the time differential, or perhaps having called for the arch or tried to communicate with the bridge, to no avail. He nodded to Evelyn. "Yes Sir."

Rieko nods to Janet and says, "Well that's good...we do not have to worry about any other part of the ship bing affected by this anomaly at least not for now.." She turned to Sprout, "Our main concern at the moment is to get the person out of the holodeck, unharmed." She says, Computer are you able to detect who the person is trapped in the holodeck?"

Computer: =^= The individual in the holodeck is Captain James T. Hode =^=

Gelbert looks at the other two officers. "Monitoring internal defenses, and all systems are functioning as normal. Monitoring shields in case we need them if we get near to any unusual mass or forces. I am suspecting that there is a possibility that if we move we could move the anomaly out into the ship somewhere, and would recommend that we do not attempt to do this.

Sprout spoke with one of the engineering technicians and was referred to the computer core area. He entered the chamber and found it vacant, but clearly someone had been working here. Banks of isolinear chips were exposed. From what he could tell some work had been done to try to override the holodeck controls, but whatever options had been tried had proved fruitless. He took a moment to check in with science, and then returned to main engineering to give his report. "From what I can ascertain, it's impossible to shut down the holodeck because its internal controls exist at a time different from our own. Science is conducting a deep space scan with external sensors. They also recommend we might sweep the ship internally for baryon particles, however, as that is impossible with humanoid life aboard, I recommend against this action unless we want to evacuate the vessel?" He looked to Evelyn's face. He doubted she would go for that idea. "My understanding is that this kind of time fracture - creating different time periods within the same vessel - is not unknown to us. I suggest we scan for chronitons as they are known to be associated with time travel." They were also associated with Romulan cloaking devices but that fact seemed unassociated with anything that was occurring on the Durant at the moment so he elected to leave it out. "As we were moving when the temporal anomaly entered our systems, it seems unwise to continue on course until we establish exactly what has occurred."

Rieko hears the computer state it is the Captain trapped in the holodeck, and feels tense and worried as more adrenalin goes through her veins. She mumble out loud, "The Captain? "She had just been thinking of calling the Captain to get hi help in this situation.. but instead he is the person that needs Help! She looks to Sprout, " No, I don't want to evacuate the ship! Scan for chronitons.. other suggestions?"

Gelbert continues to keep a close eye on internal force field capability, the ability to seal off turbo lifts, and the like as a precautionary measure. She also monitor internal security teams throughout the ship in case they need to be dispatched by her for problems such as an intruder. "Could we get a team to work out exactly how much time is involved on the temporal anomaly, so we can work out when the holodeck exit will become available or was available so we can work with the time not against it?"

Sprout: "As I see it, Sir, we have a couple of issues. First, is this anomaly changing in any way, does it pose a danger to the rest of the ship. It seems to me it likely does, and we should be working on finding a way to remove it safely from the Durant. Secondly, how does it affect the person.. ah... Captain? If we suddenly remove the anomaly and he's in past or future, will he return to our time without issue?" He imagined finding a dusty skeleton or aged old man when the arch finally responded. His face blanched at the thought. He nodded, "That's a good idea Jan.. Commander. How do we figure that out?"

Rieko: "Mr Gelbert work with Science to figure out the time issue, assemble a team and give me a report ASAP. Also check on the anomaly to see if it is changing in anyway.. Security has reported their is no intruder, or none that can be detected. They are continually monitoring for that possibility.." She looks to Sprout, "This is a highly complex situation with the time differentials involved.. as you said we do not want to remove the anomaly and the Captain is left in some past or future time period.. or trapped in an never ending holodeck program... Is there any way to find out when he is in the same time period we are in? I've read that an antitachyon pulse may be able to stabilize a time rift.. can you get more data on that and other possibilities?"

Gelbert shrugged her shoulders and looked at Sprout and Reiko. "I am no scientist but was wondering on a way to get the Captain safely through the arch. Either we can wait for now to happen, if you get my meaning, or find out when now happened, by doing some fancy calculations, and hope we can release him that way, when the arch was or will be functioning correctly. We need to work out the exact time that we had a problem don't we? I will contact Science to do the calculations and also check on the anomaly for changes. "

Sprout: "I'm unsure if removing the Captain from the temporal anomaly would be safe unless we can establish the time he is experiencing is relatively close to our own. Otherwise he may prematurely age or... not exist?" He shook his head. "If I recall, Sir, there was an incident on the Enterprise where two crew were 'phased' due to exposure to chroniton particles. I believe that it might be possible to use antichronitons, if correctly modulated, to remove them. However in order to make this happen I think we need to establish that there is an unusual level of chronitons in the holodeck, and then create a forcefield around it before creating the antichroniton field within it."

Rieko starts to pace, Jim is trapped, and it's up to her and the crew to rescue him! He means a lot to her...he is not only her Captain, but her friend. She imagined him emerging from the holodeck rescue as an old man, that would be rescue but a tragic rescue. She turns to Sprout, "Mr Sprout check on the chronitons level in the holodeck, and report.. we sill decide what to do from that point" She looks to Janet, "Mr Gelbert, let me know the progress you and Science have made.. Lets try to scan the Captain.. and pinpoint where he is in time.. and can we sync with him and pull him out at the precise correct time." She feels on edge... she asked Gelbert and Sprout, "Do we have to get the Captain removed from that area within a certain time frame? How much time do we have before the anomaly starts to grow and effect the rest of the ship.. or is it stable for now and contained?"

Gelbert listens to the other officers voicing their concerns and offering suggestions about this system affecting areas of the ship and offering their expertise and feels uneasy by all of it. "A forcefield is ready and available to encircle the holodeck 1 area if and when you require it. The anomaly is stable for now. " She looks and her communications and adds: "Science teams have reported the exact length of time it was between us noticing the problem during our battle drill and the holodeck not responding. There appears to be 2 minutes and 43 seconds difference in time."

Sprout swiftly took the platform up to the small ramp that ran around the upper part of Engineering. There was a systems console here that would assist in scanning. "No telling if the anomaly is stable or not," he replied to Evelyn as he took at look at the readouts on the panel. He pressed a few buttons and then turned to say: "If I recall, Sir, there was an incident on the Enterprise where two crew were 'phased' due to exposure to chroniton particles. I believe that it might be possible to use antichronitons, if correctly modulated, to remove them," he said hesitantly. "However... in order to make this happen I think we need to establish that there is an unusual level of chronitons in the holodeck, and then... create a forcefield around it before creating the antichroniton field within it...?" He looked down to the two officers with a frown.. "ummm.. didn't I just say what I just said? I mean... didn't I already say that?" He leaned on the railing. "I'm sure I said that before?" He rubbed his hand over his face, suddenly unsure.

Rieko: "Mr Sprout check on the chronitons level in the holodeck, and report.. we sill decide what to do from that point" She looks to Janet, "Mr Gelbert , let me know the progress you and Science have made.. Lets try to scan the Captain.. and pinpoint where he is in time.. and can we sync with him and pull him out at the precise ....." she pauses mid-sentence... as she hears Sprout say didn't he say that before, and she realized he was repeating himself and she was repeating her response to him also.... "Sprout! You are repeating yourself, exactly the way you did before... and I was repeating myself and I feel like I had physically walked forward but now I'm back where I was standing when you told me about the checking for the chronitons!" She runs her fingers through the ends of her hair. " Commander, I think we are experiences effects from the temporal anomaly.. some time of time loop?" She turns to Mr Gelbert " place the forcefield around holodeck one..do it now."

Gelbert spins round and stares at Sprout. "You moved! Oh no! Is the anomaly now by the platform up to the small ramp that runs around the upper part of Engineering. Is it expanding?" She checks her monitors and her face whitens. There is an expansion of 0.34% if it has extended beyond the holodeck as far as this. I will extend the forcefield to compensate. I will extend the forcefie......" She stops and executes the order.

Sprout looked again at the panel he was examining for chroniton effects and then suddenly felt himself in an odd sort of way walking backwards towards the elevator platform and returning to the console he had first stood at when he arrived at engineering. His skin felt odd and he felt mildly dizzy as he arrived at his previous position. "Time..." he said, looking around, "time is being affected..." he leaned on the chair, "I distinctly remember coming down the turbolift and coming in here. And going up to the upper level. I did not... choose to come back here. It's like... time reversed but I remember it?" He looks at Janet...

Rieko looks to Sprout, hearing his comments about being moved back in time that are similar to what she has felt.. she i now standing where she was standing before asking for a report on the level of chronitons in the holodeck. She looks to Janet, "Mr Gelbert reenforce that forcefield with power from auxiliary areas of the ship! Can the forcefield top the anomaly from spreading? and can the forcefield stop the affects the anomaly is having on us and our time...." She looks to each Commander, "Commanders, time is shifting backwards... maybe it could shift all the way back to where we met this anomaly.. but how can we control what is going on? How can we stop the anomaly's backward effect at the time we met it? Is this possible? And ask Science to give me a report on the conditions of the Captain if they can manage to scan inside the holodeck through the anomaly. if possible" She thinks to herself, maybe they should leave this area.. but that would surely destroy the Captain in one way or another.. and that is not an option....suddenly she feels herself moving backward toward the Engineering entrance.. will we relive all of this again? or we will keep moving backwards in time? Only time will tell...That's almost funny she thought if they were not in a tragic situation.

Gelbert answers Reiko. "Aye,. I am reinforcing the forcefield with power from all available auxiliary areas of the ship!" She then rubs her chin and muses. "If we are suddenly going backwards in time, might it be that in 2 minutes and 43 seconds can we open the hatch?"

Sprout ran a slightly shaky hand over his face... despite himself he replied... "My understanding is that this kind of time fracture - creating different time periods within the same vessel - is not unknown to us. I suggest we scan for chronitons as they are known to be associated with time travel." As he said it his face grew paler. "I know... I know I said that before... a few minutes ago!" He sat down at the console. "Must scan for chronitons... must contact medical... to prepare antichronitons... save the Captain... must..." and then his figure seemed to freeze.

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”