:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

USS T-Durant Mission TDRP1729: "Computer? ... Computer?" (190714)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

=====OOC======
DURANT MISSION TDRP1729
Sun July 14, 2019
OOC Preparation

==============

STARDATE: 190714
GUEST CALL TIME: 1100 SLT
CREW CALL TIME: 1115 SLT
LOCATION TO MEET: Durant
RP LOCATION: Bridge
MISSION LEAD/GM: LTCmdr Evelyn Rieko

WHAT TO WEAR:
**NEW UFS DUTY UNIFORM**
Combadge HUD - YES
Tactical/Marine Security - phaser -No
Medical/Science - tricorders - Yes
EQUIPMENT Yes

WHAT TO KNOW:
-the ship is: at warp 2
-alert level is: red
-we left Pinastri 5 weeks ago
-we are currently on patrol in Sector 010H

**You should have read:
TDRP1728: "End Program" (190707):
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=31457&p=204680#p204680

POST ORDER: Will be decided, and posted, by the Mission Leader just prior to mission start (and sometimes adjusted in the RP if necessary).
MISSION TIME: Please be ready & prepared & in place for RP to start at 1130 SLT

IC PREMISE: While on a routine patrol of Sector 010, approximately 62 light years from Pinastri, the Acting XO decides to run a battle drill. During the simulation, Operations was ordered to shut down holodecks and transfer power to shields. Holodeck One did not respond...

LCARS:
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map

=OOC================================
SIM Concept: Evelyn Rieko
Historian: Poison Toocool
====================================

=====OOC======
ARRIVING LATE? Contact the Mission Lead when you arrive, and wait to be instructed on Post Order & Story before speaking in Local. Come up with a reason why your character would be entering the scene at the appointed time and include it in your first post.
LEAVING EARLY? You need to post out. Come up with a reason why your character would be leaving the scene. Ask for permission to go to your department, for example (RP etiquette also says it’s nice if you wait to see the replies before you actually remove your avatar from the scene).
=====OOC======
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
=================

Acting XO: LTCmdr Evelyn Rieko
Helm: Bracken Wood (janet.gelbert)
Operations: Lexi Crawford (bill282)
Science: LT Leninah
Tactical: Cadet Lily Dodson (mulsclebabe67)
Engineering II: Cmdr Russell Sprout (NPC) ((Poison Toocool))
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP NARRATIVE
============

Evelyn Rieko looks around the bridge, waiting for answers. While patrolling Sector H, she had decided to have battle simulation training... everything was going well until she ordered more power to the shields, and to transfer power from the holodecks... one of the holodecks was still running. She looks around the bridge, " All stations report please...and any news on holodeck one?"

Bracken Wood has just taken over Helm as the Bridge has just had a shift change. She taps her console, and begins checking data from navigational and tactical sensors. She starts monitoring present course on patrol in Sector 010H and speed of warp 2. Even though she is aware that they are at red alert and in the middle of a battle drill or battle simulation where they simulated a possible attack by a Borg cube to test systems and crew reaction times, she is quite nervous, now she is on the Bridge and in the middle of all the action, especially since they have discovered a problem with one of the holodecks. She then looks up to answer the Commander's question.. "Helm status is unchanged, Sir, all systems functioning as they should be doing."

Lily Dodson: she looks up and answer "all Good at me"

Lexi Crawford checks over her console tapping on the control to attempt to shutdown the holodeck and trying overides to bypass the power systems "Holodeck one continues to read as in use Commander and it is not responding to overide commands and shutdown attempts"

Leninah checks through her schedule for the group she knew that were planning a holodeck break and breathes a sigh of relief that they’d done that earlier. A quick check on the contact manager app shows they’re all elsewhere so she has no idea who it may be still in the holodeck. Returns to her console and reviews the status of the Borg vessel and whispers “yup still there, and still green” with a disguised smile. Looking up to the XO “Status is most definitely green Sir, all science systems functioning as expected.” Turns back to the console and just keeps an eye on the non-simulation sensor readings.

With the change of bridge crew that just occurred, Commander Sprout had given up his operations console to the incoming officer, Ensign Crawford, with a brief nod and a short report with regard to their situation. As Captain Allen had left the bridge to see what engineering could do about the issues encountered during the drill, Russell nodded to Evelyn to indicate he would take over the monitoring of engineering. He stepped to that console to assess their current situation. "Warp drive is functioning perfectly well and impulse engines are on standby. The shield test was marginally successful, the main concern there is that power transfer from unnecessary systems was incomplete. At present engineering teams are unable to ascertain why this occurred, and both the bridge and engineering are unable to override at this time. Before exiting the bridge, Cadet Phoenix reported the Borg appeared to be powering up their main engines and heading for the distortion. My readings show they have full power."

Rieko nods and paces as she receives the reports from the officers and cadets.. "Tactical, pause battle simulation.. turn off red alert. Science I need to know what is going on with holodeck one, the fact that it is continually running and won't turn off is unsettling. I need to know what is causing it. Work with Engineering to get some answers... and wasn't there a life sign inside the holodeck.. I want to know who it is and why was in the holodeck during a red alert simulation?."

Wood anxiously continues to control the speed and direction of the ship. She wonders who is in the Holodeck one. She knows some junior officers who were scheduled some time today to be enjoying a picnic by a steam and hopes it is not one of her friends.

Crawford keeps tapping on the console trying everything she knows to try and shut down the holodeck safely hoping she doesn’t have to overload the emitters to shut it down

Dodson: she pause the simulation and turn off red alert "done Xo Evelyn"

Leni looks around with a puzzled expression for inspiration why someone wouldn’t have gotten out of a simulation when the red alert sounded. Leaning over to the CO and speaking in a slightly quieter voice than usual enquiries “Sir, I have no explanation as to why any occupant of the holodeck would not have vacated on Red Alert. I can only suggest we send a detail down there in case someone is injured in there?” Clears her throat a little dismayed she can’t be of more help than that.

Sprout: "I agree there is a concern that a holodeck has not shut down and appears to be in use by some... apparently oblivious member of the crew or one of the civilians aboard..." he shakes his head as everyone should know what red alert means, civilian or not. "However, I am also concerned that this is not just a single occurrence. I suggest all stations run a level five diagnostic to start with... this will not shut down any systems but just sweep the ship with minimal interference."

Rieko: Lieutenant Leni, I do not expect you to be a mind reader I expect you to work with Engineering to find out why the holodeck is malfunctioning and to find out who is in it. Captain Allen has already gone there... use internal scans attempt communications with the person inside the holodeck and get a few answers." She hears Sprout's suggestion, and responds, "Commander, good idea, All stations run a level 5 diagnostic as suggested by Commander Sprout.. Ops report on the situation...I need suggestions on how to get the person out...there has to be a way to shut down the program.. it could be harmful to the person inside the holodeck.”

Wood looks over the console readings as she continues her checks of course and speed and commences the level 5 diagnostic which includes handling sensors, accessing communications, and monitoring ship-wide status.

Crawford taps on the console attempting to see if she could reach the person inside through the holodeck computer system "Commander I have sent a message to the person in the holodeck using the computer and waiting to see if i can get them to respond, I have tried rerouting power and using all the known overides to try and shut down the holodeck the only thing I can think of right now is possibly overloading the emitters in holodeck one but that could injure the person more if they are already injured"

Dodson: she look up "i can go down and look if you need me to xo"

Leninah watches the viewscreen change and the green cube disappear, to which she gives a little wave under the station console. She used to be afraid of the Borg till her father told her to always remember Borg are the same colour as guacamole, and reminded her she liked that, and that simple as it was had worked ever since. It was harder to be afraid at something you could laugh at. Sprout’s request for diagnostics breaking her memories “Aye Sir level 5 diagnostic running on all science systems now, report will be available imminently” her brow furrows at the XO’s remarks to which she responds with a firm respectful “Aye Sir” and a lifting of one eyebrow in critical exclamation. “Attempting to activate a comms link to Commander Allen and re-trying internal scans of the holodeck employing greater anti-interference methods now Sir”

Sprout frowns at his console. "Running a class five diagnostic now," he confirmed. Adding, "I was going to recommend we simply beam that person out of the holodeck but it appears that there is some kind of interference that is preventing us from getting a transporter lock on them. I am at a loss to explain exactly what is going on. But if there is interference...a kind of jamming... that suggests it's not just a computer malfunction within the system itself, but that the system is being affected by something. I would suggest science do a sweep of this area of the Sector for low lying electromagnetic or gravimetric forces... stellar gasses... perhaps set the scan to pick up a lower level than normal.."

Rieko listens to Ensign Crawford and nods, " Ok, lets not overload the emitters, any other suggestions?" She looks to Cadet Dodson, "Thank you Cadet Dodson, but that won't be necessary, as Commander Allen should be reporting on his findings." She looks at Leni, " Good, let me know as soon as you have info from Mr Allen... and scan the area for any anomalies that may have caused interference of any kind.."

Wood listens to each Officer on the Bridge reporting to the Commander and offering suggestions. She sneakily looks across to Lexi with a concerned expression as she imagines the consequences of overloading the emitters in the holodeck. Her imagination runs away with her as she wonders what, if any injuries there could be and who could be affected. She scrutinizes her readouts as she tries to find any anomalies presenting themselves on her console. She sees nothing untoward.

Crawford taps on her console checking for replies "no replies from the holodeck commander if someone is down there they either did not get the notification from the computer or ignored it which either is possible since they ignored the red alert if the interference can be isolated i could do an emergency beam out of the person then we would have more options for shutting the holodeck down"

Dodson: she look around and tap her feet "as security i need to send a security team with science" she says

Leninah checks the results of the level 5 diagnostics and reports “Sir diagnostics on all science systems are clear apart from the comms in the holodeck which doesn’t seem to be responding, that may not be functioning” Calls over to Sprout at Engineering “Sir could you verify these results and maybe get someone to check down there?” Looks back to the XO “One positive thing is scans have managed to get through the interference this time, intermittently at least, and detected a Humanoid Terran Male, life signs are also present Sir, again intermittently which is weird!” Shuffles in her seat a little wary of reporting more incomplete information to the XO in her current sharp mood, but feeling it has to be mentioned at least “Sir there is something else strange going on down there, along your anomalies line, I can’t be specific right away, it’s incredibly difficult to access, but investigating further now and will have information as soon as these scans complete.”

Sprout says, "Transporter room is reporting that they cannot get a transporter lock on the person concerned. There appears to be some sort of interference... this is highly unusual... that one area of the ship is not responding to communications. The engineering team is suggesting they could try to reroute power away from the holodeck and force it to shut down. That would take some time as there are several conduits feeding power to that area of the ship." He looks up, "It's possible, given what we're seeing, that the person in the holodeck has tried to called for the arch or end program, to no avail. It's very odd indeed. I concur that team of security should be standing by just in case it is some sort of intruder that our internal sensors can't detect. And we should evacuate the areas nearby, above and below, I think. To be on the safe side."

Rieko stands listening to all of the reports, most concerning is Sprout's report, "Commander if this is not just a malfunctioning of the holodeck, but instead some type of interference, that brings up all types of possibilities, none of them good.." She looks to Lexi, " let’s hold off on emergency beam out for now, too much interference." Looks to Leni, "Something strange going on down there? Report on that as soon as you can." She looks to Cadet Dodson, take 2 security officers and a science officer with you and go to the holodeck to find out what this "something strange is and report back to the bridge, on that issue and the condition of the man in the holodeck." She listens to Sprout and says " I imagine that poor guy in the holodeck, yelling "End program, but the program not ending. I'm sure he's hoping we will get him out. Make it so Ops...evacuate the areas near the holodeck ..above and below, as Sprout suggests...this feels more dangerous by the minute.. unknown interference, possible intruder...what type of being would not be detected by our intruder alert sensors?

Wood listens to the conversations between Officers on the Bridge and tries not to show any concern. She checks readings from navigational and tactical sensors, and also checks present course. She cross checks communications readings and monitors recent ship wide responses wondering if she can find something that is not there rather than the obvious.

Crawford taps on the console sending a text and audio message to the relevant areas of the ship around holodeck one "Aye Commander holding off on the emergency transport and all crew and civilians in the specified area have been notified on evacuation of the area"

Dodson: she do some tactical sweeps outside the ship but don't find a thing, "and my security team can’t get into holodeck one so that got me a bit worried" she says

Leninah studies the results of the scans the report from Sprout ringing in her ears, and her eyes light up as if a Eureka moment has just occurred and she almost jumps out of her seat exclaiming “Sir! We do have an anomaly down there” glancing over to Sprout “and it has the potential to pull together a few pieces of this puzzle, including why we can’t get a transporter lock on the humanoid! … Just checking for tachyon particles now to confirm!” A brief moment of suspense filled with the bleeps and whirring’s of a bridge follows before she slides her fingers over the smooth surface of the display as if it were glass, and gathering her confidence “Sir we have tachyon particles confirmed, and from the other evidence available I would postulate the presence of a confined temporal anomaly down in the holodeck. This would explain why we can’t get a transporter lock, why the humanoid can’t communicate with the rest of the ship, why they didn’t vacate and why the life signs appear as intermittent on the scans.” Looks at the XO partly pleased and party worried by that idea.

Sprout nods, "that kind of anomaly would explain a lot. But how it got on the ship, and why it's affecting that one area, I can't say. But, Sir," he turns to Evelyn, "I would recommend we bring the ship to station keeping. If there is something in the area that is affecting the ship, we should figure out what it is and move away from it. For all we know we are travelling deeper into some kind of anomaly that is unknown and potentially hazardous."

Rieko Looks to Leni, " A temporal anomaly...that would explain a lot, good work Lieutenant." Cadet Dodson call back your security/science team.. they could get caught in the anomaly along with the holodeck user." She looks to Sprout, " true, we don't want to go deeper into this anomaly. She runs her fingers through the ends of her hair, her sign of feeling apprehension... Helm, place the ship at station keeping! Ops and Science research past occurrences if any of a situation like this, and report. This complicates things... that person in the holodeck is in even more danger than I first expected...we all are.”

Wood hears Sprout hypothesizing the possibility of them travelling deeper into some kind of anomaly that is unknown and potentially hazardous.She shudders as she checks her course readouts in case she sees something potentially dangerous within their trajectory. She responds to the Commander's orders . "Aye Sir, ship now at station keeping."

Crawford nods and taps on her console accessing the historical library and sending a data link back to HQ to access the files there "Aye Commander searching historical files and have sent a data link back to HQ for any files relating to this as well"

Dodson: she taps her console to text her security team to come back "done sir xo" she says

Leninah responds to Sprout’s suggestion with a nod and a statement to the bridge in general “Re-calibrating all external sensors to focus on detecting signs of temporal disturbance, tachyons or other distortions of that type and checking the database for similar occurrences.” Turning to the XO specifically“ Just one thought Sir, whoever that occupant is we don’t know if he’s is one of ours, or from this time, or his capability or intent. Suggest we perform a location check on the complete crew manifest and verify whether everyone is accounted for elsewhere and whether our holodeck guest is an additional number to complement, at least that way we have a better idea of whether he’s from here and now or not?”

Sprout: "Great idea, Lieutenant," he commented, not having thought of that himself. He reported: "I have ordered Engineering teams on deck twelve to don Environmental suits and I recommend any security managing the evacuation also do the same. Once we have cleared the parallel decks above and below we will instigate force fields around the area. Given the situation," he looked at Evelyn with a bit of dry humour, "I suggest red alert, Sir."

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”