:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

"Junk Removal" - USS FRIGE 05: 181020.1215

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

=^= STARFLEET COMMAND ORDER BEGINS =^=

USS FRIGE
GALAXY CLASS
JAROD HCIR, COMMAND
STARDATE: 181020

DEPLOYMENT ORDER PT738SA

OBJECTIVE: Sector 003F (Parein)

Background: You are on a routine patrol of Sector 004G, 62LY coreward of Pinastri. (Cruising speed of warp 4.) You are just about to make course for Kyranovos Sector and then home, when a garbled message is received from the Parein Sector. Little is known about Parein Prime as it lies inside the Nekrit Expanse, where sensors and comms are profoundly impacted by the thick gasses of the Expanse. However, it is known that Parein was settled by a group of emancipated Borg. Their message is broken up but it is clear they are asking for help. A piece of space trash has entered their planetary system and has not moved on. Normally they would deal with this themselves but the fact that the junk has been identified as the remains of a Borg sphere has them nervous. They do not wish to approach it, and they want it removed asap.

Task: Redirect to the Parein Sector, however be advised that ship's systems will be affected once you enter the Expanse. Investigate the issue and provide assistance as needed.

Number of days: indeterminate

Security Clearance: Level 2, Need to know.

Personnel: Standard crew compliment: 1,234

SS Peedy Thor: to be informed of redirection.

=^= STARFLEET COMMAND ORDER ENDS =^=

LCARS REFERENCES
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_class
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... it_Expanse
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... ein_Sector
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Parein
Greenlantern Excelsior
Intelligence - Commodore
Intelligence - Commodore
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

CAST OF CHARACTERS
===============

Jarod Hcir (Captain), Commanding Officer ((Rich Lombardia))
Kes Ellison (Ensign), Helm
Brittany Tairov (Cadet), Ops, ((brittany00a))
Hal Jordan (Lt Cmdr), Security/Tactical ((GreenLantern Excelsior))
Scorpio Wycliffe (Cadet), Medical
David bebb (Cadet), Intelligence (dirtydog bebb)

Left to right: Hcir, Wycliffe, bebb, Jordan, Tairov, Ellison
Greenlantern Excelsior
Intelligence - Commodore
Intelligence - Commodore

RP NARRATIVE
=============

Captain Jarod Hcir sits back in his chair not too pleased about the redirect. Although the galaxy class is a capable vessel, Borg always made him uneasy. One can only hope things will turn out for the best but it never hurts to be prepared. "Operations, contact the SS Peedy Thor and let them know about our redirect. Helm what's is our ETA? "

Brittany Tairov: "We're 15 minutes away, sir." Her finger glide over the buttons. "SS Peedy Thor, do you copy? Yes, we're standing by on the redirect orders, yes, proceeding."

Aria Moonbeam walks into the bridge and taps Ensign Sato on the shoulder, relieving him of duty. She sits down at the station and lets her hands glide over the controls. Then down to business, as she pulls up her current course and speed. Warp 4, yet another routine patrol. She hears Captain Hcir ask for an update. "We're just finishing this part of the patrol, about to turn for Kyranovos. About 15 minutes on ETA sir."

Hal Jordan runs a low level diagnostic routine on the Tactical station to begin his shift. It is always good to have everything operating smoothly, so there are no surprises. He performs a quick sensor scan. "Tactical Officer reports readiness, sir. Detecting no threats within sensor range, and no internal security issues. Shields and weapons are available at your command." He was none too happy at having to enter the Nekrit Expanse again. Sensor scans were often obscured and weapons locks were intermittent. Still, he would do the best job he could, as always.

David Bebb: "Captain, once we hit the sector our comms will be scrambled but I am working on a way so the gas does not interfere so badly."

Scorpio Wycliffe: "Working on analysis of the gas now, and trying to find a way to counteract the effects. Having medical stand by with Pulmozine as a precautionary measure."

Hcir tilts his up toward the tactical officer, "Commander, I'd like a tactical scan of the Sphere as soon as we are in range. Since we are bound to have some interference work with operations to boost our sensor capabilities. As a precaution I'd like to switch to yellow alert. Mr. Bebb you too may want to see if we can boost our signal with any extra power from operations.

Moonbeam always hates going into the Nekrit Expanse, as the controls are always a bit sluggish in that thick gas. She announces, "Sir, we've entered the Nekrit Expanse."

Jordan hears the report that they have entered the murk and mess of the Expanse. That was the bad part. The worse part was encountering a Borg sphere. Those things were usually full of unpleasant surprises. Even a severely damaged sphere could be dangerous, with unstable power sources on the brink of detonation and possible surviving drones waiting to open fire. The spheres did sometimes contain prototype Borg systems under evaluation, so it was possible that they could retrieve some viable technology. He receives the Captain's orders. "Understood, sir, tactical scanners are ready. Operations, please divert power from nonessential systems to the sensor array." He activates Yellow Alert and the ship's internal comm system. "Yellow Alert, all decks go to Yellow Alert."

Bebb: "Sir, we are picking up multiple Borg signatures. They know we are in the area. I'm diverting about 15 percent of the power from operations to start out with. This gas is giving us trouble but with the added juice from Operations we will be able to get a clearer understanding of what we are likely to encounter."

Wycliffe: "Science, I need a sample of that gas, run a full spectral analysis, I need to know its basic compounds in order to see what we are dealing with."

Hcir: Thank you Mr. Bebb. Remember there is a colony of a emancipated Borg in the sector so we have to be careful regarding Borg signatures. As we approach the Sphere the main signatures that may concern us would be those aboard the sphere. Ms. Tairov make sure to reserve enough power for the tractor beam.

Tairov: "Aye sir, reserving power for the tractor beam as we speak." She reserves up to 50% for the tractor beam.

Moonbeam always hates going into the Nekrit Expanse, as the controls are always a bit sluggish in that thick gas. She announces, "Sir, we've entered the Nekrit Expanse." She automatically slows down as they approach the planet, due to Starfleet regulations. "Slowing to Impulse as we approach sir, we're about 2 minutes from the debris." She can't help but wonder if there are any life sign on the Sphere, but is sure that someone probably already checked that.

Jordan begins continuous scans as far out as possible, seeing some Borg energy signatures but not the sphere. "Captain, all decks report readiness at Yellow Alert. There is no sign of anything larger than a Borg drone within range of our sensors. Borg energy signatures are being detected nearby, but apparently most of them are coming from components and debris separated from the Borg sphere, wherever it is. The debris appears to be concentrated along a path that may lead us to the sphere. I am feeding the probable course to the helm."

Bebb: "The gases are getting thicker near the sphere from what I can discover the Borg are using the gas as some form of cloaking device I'm widening the search but don't detect any life signs so far but I will continue looking."

Wycliffe: "Sir, environmental systems are showing some signs of radiation."

Hcir: "Ms. Tairov, full scan of the area. Let's make sure the sphere and debris are all that we have in the immediate area. Also I'd like to know where it came from. Is it in motion? If so how fast and is it under its own propulsion? Ms. Ellison bring us into tractor beam range and hold position. Mr. Jordan, tactical scan of the sphere. I need to know if they have power, how many Borg detected, if those Borg are dormant or active, and any combat capabilities. Mr. Wycliffe that is a good idea. You may execute that as necessary. Mr. Bebb will those gases interfere with the tractor beam?

Tairov: "Doing a full scan of the area sir."

Moonbeam can't help but wonder what happened to this Sphere, was it a remnant of the Borg/Caliear fight? Was it abandoned from some liberated Borg somewhere, either those on the planet or others? Was it from some active Borg that befell something bad, or came across something worse than the Borg? Hearing the Captain's order, snaps her out of these thoughts, "Yes sir!, as she moves them into tractor range and holds.

Jordan scans along the course of the wreckage, concentrating sensor sweeps in the area where the debris field is most concentrated. Then he realizes that the debris field is probably the Borg sphere. "Captain, I believe we have located the Borg sphere dead ahead. Putting it on screen now. It is surrounded by heavier concentrations of gas particles and wreckage. Some of its systems have regenerated and repaired the damage it sustained but the rest of it is junk. Weapons and propulsion are offline. I am reading a breathable atmosphere in the main section of the sphere and approximately fifty-three Borg life signs, all dormant."

Bebb: "The tractor beam uses plasma, and the gases only affect the electricity that we are using for our comms. Since there are no metal particles in the tractor beam, then the tractor beam should have very minimal interference from the gases or the sphere unless we accidentally run into anything that I've not detected so far."

Wycliffe: "We need to keep monitoring the life signs of the Borg, although dormant, they could still track our presence. If we show as no threat at this moment in time, there is a good chance we can keep monitoring them and work our way to get to what remains of the sphere."

Hcir's eyes light up at the sound of dormant Borg. The presence of drones, even inactive does pose an interesting ethical question. "Ms. Tairov, lock on to the Borg Sphere with the tractor beam. Also, contact the colony and let me know if you establish a link. Ms. Moonbeam once we have a secure beam reverse course to pull the sphere out of the thicker gas clouds for a more accurate reading. Mr. Wycliffe, is there any way to ensure they remain dormant? I am hoping the colony will want ot help us liberate these Borg as well. "

Tairov: "Yes sir, locking on the the Borg sphere with the tractor beam now tractor bean is locked increase by 10 %.

Moonbeam gasps a little, 53 Borg! Are they still part of the collective? Are they liberated and need rescue? The thoughts race through her head. Hearing the Captain speak snaps her out of it again, "Yes sir", plots a safe reverse course and awaits the tractor beam lockon.... there it is, "reversing course, sir".

Jordan continues scanning the Borg sphere, thinking about the surviving crew. "Captain, the sphere's shields are not in operation. We could beam the Borg drones into one of the cargo bays and put up a level ten force field around it for security. We could then transport the drones to Parein Prime for 'assimilation' into the 'collective' there."

Bebb: "I am picking up faint vital signs from the sphere but I think that's just the gas messing with our sensors operational capacity. Should be able to boost it by 5 more percent but after that I don't want to drain too much power. The more power we drain the more of a signal the Borg can lock onto and thats the last thing I want us to do is make sure the Borg pay attention to us."

Wycliffe: "It has been noted that in certain situations, if shown no threat the Borg will simply ignore people, however if any hostility is shown, they will retaliate. We can scan them to see if their cortical nodes are still functioning. If the nodes have failed, they will indeed soon die."

Hcir: "That was my very thought Commander. Mr. Scorpio have arrangements made for them to beam over into the cargo hold. Mr. Jordan, contact the colony and let them know the situation. Tell them we'd like to bring the 'survivors' to the colony and have them liberate them. We can then return to tractor beam the sphere out of the sector."

Tairov: She continue to adjust the tractor beam as the captain speaks she finally says "Aye sir the tractor beam is holding Sir."

Moonbeam has a silly thought about "backing over the planet" and lets out a slight giggle, then realizes she needs to actually adjust her course to that doesn't wind up being an issue, and adjusts accordingly.

Jordan notes the communications tone from his console and reads the message. "Captain, incoming response from Parein Prime. The former Borg inhabitants there are aware of the Borg drones on the sphere. They are willing to emancipate them from the Collective and incorporate them into their colony. They are recommending that we then tow the sphere into their sun as a proper disposal method. They called it 'recycling by vaporization.' It seems these guys have a sense of humor now."

Bebb: "Sure, why not flood the sector with more gases but hey that should be fine. The sensors are picking up the vital signs from the colonies now and they are looking rather healthy. No need to be worried, they have adopted to the ecosystem and have learned to live with what they can."

Wycliffe: "A level 10 force field will be sufficient to cut off a drone from the collective. If we create one around each drone, they will not be able to communicate with each other, or indeed the collective hive mind. This could buy us enough time to retrieve the sphere and to get the 'survivors' to the colony."

Hcir: "Acknowledged, Mr. Jordan. Cancel Yellow alert, lower shields. Let them know we are happy to comply. Ms. Tairov, once our shields are down please beam the survivors to our ship and engage the force fields. Ms. Moonbeam, lay in a course for their sun with a leisurely stop by the planet to drop off the unconscious colonists."

Tairov: "Lowing shields, Captain. Preparing to Beam survivors to the ship. Transporter room, lock on to all survivors and beam them to sickbay."

Moonbeam hears the orders from her Captain and smirks a bit. She knows him well enough to know that as long as she completes his orders, he doesn't really care how. As she's already moving backwards and angled to not hit the planet, she continues that course. Giving the Cadet a approving nod, she waits until all the Borg are beamed off onto the planet, and nods again over at Cadet Tairov, confirming they are clear, and puts the ship into a hard Z axis spin, working with the Cadet to release the tractor beam at exactly the right time, flinging the debris into their sun as requested. She can't help but think to herself, "thank goodness for inertial dampeners."

Jordan performs one final scan as the sphere rides off into the sun, never to be seen again. Another happy ending on board the Good Ship USS Frige!

Bebb: "Comms are picking up nothing now that we are heading away from the gas, they are clearing up. I'm redirecting the power that I have used from Operations back to Operations. They should be fully functional within a few minutes."

Wycliffe: "All Borg survivors are on board and stable, Captain."

=^=
Greenlantern Excelsior
Intelligence - Commodore
Intelligence - Commodore

MISSION IMAGES
===============

Jarod Hcir (Captain), Commanding Officer ((Rich Lombardia))

Aria Moonbeam (Ensign), ((Kes Ellison))

David bebb (Cadet), Intelligence (dirtydog bebb)

Scorpio Wycliffe (Cadet), Medical

Brittany Tairov (Cadet), Ops, ((brittany00a))

Hal Jordan (Lt Cmdr), Security/Tactical ((GreenLantern Excelsior))

Galaxy Class USS Frige bridge

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”