:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP024: 170303-170319 "Sabotage on the Bridge"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

RP Narrative
===============

Poison Toocool appears in the transporter room and taps her combadge. "Toocool to Yven," she says tiredly. "I'm taking a break from the Peace Talks. I'll give you a brief report before you beam down for the next discussion. I'll come to your office."

Urul Yven: "No...wait..there was a call from security that there's an unknown package on the bridge! You were not alerted Commodore?"

"No I was not. I just returned from the planet surface. Are force fields in place?"

Yven: "I don't know Ma'am...I am just the DLO and I got aware that there is sort of an unknown package on the bridge, reported from a crewman from security."

Toocool steps off the transporter pad and checks her PADD. "Hmm, I didn't receive anything."

Yven: "I thought that you were aware of it."

Toocool: "Can't we beam it off the ship if we are worried about it," she mumbles. Coming to life, she taps her combadge, briskly snapping orders: "Clear the bridge. Transfer command functions to Engineering. Security, report at once." She silently curses the absence of most senior officers. After being at Entaba for what felt like months, everything seemed calm enough to allow shore leave to most of the crew prior to an anticipated departure.

In his office, Yven taps his combadge "Ma'am i am not sure how to handle such a situation. I will go on the bridge myself to check what's going up there...." As a former Intelligence officer, he had some training with such situations. He ran quickly to the tubolift and arrived on the bridge just as most crew had left as ordered. Only two remained, securing helm before heading to engineering. He takes a quick look around.

Toocool: "Please take charge of the security team on duty, the chief and team B are still on the planet surface at the peace talks." She makes her way to engineering. "They are reporting a dampening field. Sensors are down and comms are affected. Short range only," she says over open comm.

Yven has no tricorder or similar and has no clue how to detect an unknown package. He's not sure if he's allowed to enter the readyroom of the XO, but she's down on the planet. He just steps in.

Toocool shakes her head. "I should never have authorized shore leave for so many. Engineer, boost power to internal sensors. Get those transporters back on line. Commander Yven, do not enter the bridge without protective equipment."

Engineering Ensign Wallace: "Sirs, the dampening field seems to be emanating from a moon in this system. I am working to fluctuate shield harmonics to at least give us internal sensors."

In the XO's Ready Room, Yven checks every corner, answering the Commodore " ...too lat...."

Explosion.

Ship vibrates.

Toocool: "What the..."

Yven: "Commodore I'm the XOs ready room...there was an explosion on the bridge."

Toocool: "Red alert. Urul, stay inside, don't open the door. Damage teams to the bridge."

"Copy that Ma'am," he hides under the XOs desk.

Ensign Wallace: "reading hull breech deck one. Force fields engaged."

Toocool: "Commander, was there anyone else on the bridge?"

"Ensign Lacour and Petty Officer Schu were on the bridge Sir."

Toocool barks: "Medical emergency on the bridge. Can I get a report on oxygen levels?"

From under the XO's desk Yven orders: "Computer.....analyse the bridge!"

From sickbay, Nurse Whitely responds: "Triage team dispatched to bridge. ETA 2 minutes if turbolift is secure."

Computer "Warning: Radioactivity detected on the bridge."

Ensign Wallace: "Sir, the turbo on deck one is damaged. The teams are accessing the bridge via deck two."

"Commodore, everyone" Yven reports urgently, "Attention....all decks, radioactivity detected on the bridge!

Toocool's hands fly on the engineering console. She snaps: "To all hands, EVA suits required. Urul, is the replicator working in the XO's ready room. Can you replicate a mask?"

Urul Yven tries the replicator!

Operations responds from another console in Engineering: "recommend we evacuate decks two through four except for essential personnel," Commander Smyth says to the Captain.

Toocool: "Do it. Engineering, report!"

Yven: "Commodore please" he says faintly ".....disturbance"

Yven: "Comm...disturbance....."

Ensign Wallace: "Engineering team in EVA has reached the bridge. They are securing the area with security. Commander Yven, stand by. We will be with you shortly."

Dr Davis: "Medical team on the bridge. Evacuating two to sick bay from burns and lacerations. We have not reached Commander Yven yet... ah..." sounds of metal scraping are heard.

In the XO's Ready Room, Yven still crouches under the desk. "Who are you?" he asks.

No answer is heard

"Why did you do that?"

No answer is heard.

"Commander, can you hear me," Dr Davis rushes into the XO office, looking for the diplomat. He kneels down by the XO's desk, "I am Dr Davis, just lie still, we'll get you sorted." Scans the commander.

Yven: "Who gave you the right to....."

Toocool, over comms: "Commander? Commander Yven? Can you hear me?"

The entity disappears. Yven recognizes Dr Davis. "Yes Commodore, but....I....." He faints.

Dr Davis: "Are you hurt? Can you come from under the desk?" Yven goes limp. The doctor taps his combadge, "Do we have transporters yet. Two to beam to sickbay!"

Ensign Wallace: "We have successfully neutralized the dampening field. Short range comms and sensors back online. Tranport within ship possible. Beaming you now Doctor."

The doctor and commander arrive in sickbay. "Help me get him to a bed," the Doctor puffs, struggling with Yven's unconscious body.

In Engineering, Toocool rises, snapping: "I want a full briefing from security and engineering in thirty minutes. On my way to medical."

In sickbay, lights flicker as a biobed hums to life. Nurse Whitely passes a medical tricorder to Doctor Davis. "Vitals are near critical," her voice is soft as she looks down at Urul's face. She struggles to remain calm.

=^=

NPC CAST:
Ensign Wallace - Engineering
Commander Davis (Dr) - Medical
LT Whitely (Nurse) - Medical
Ensign Lacour - Helm
Petty Officer Schu - Science Technician
Commander Smyth - Operations
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

USS Taylorholic Durant NCC-780304
Subject: Personal Log, DLO Yven
Stardate: 170104
===============

Whilst I was walking through the corridors of the USS Durant a crewman from security came nervously to me and told me that there seemedto be an unknown package on the bridge.

Commodore Toocool had just beamed up from the peace talks and wanted to go for a rest. She contacted me to tell me so, but I informed her over comms that we have a potential danger aboard. I decided to check myself what that "package" exactly was, while she went to Engineering to oversee operations of the ship from there

When arriving on the bridge I was aware that I had no tricorder or other device, so I check the bridge by eye, but couldn't see anything special.

I then decided to enter the ready room of the XO, because that's also part of the bridge and here I went on doing my checks. But nothing....

Suddenly there was an explosion on the bridge.

Commodore Toocool heard what was happening over our open comm link, and ordered me to hide, and stay put. I nevertheless ordered the computer to make some checks of the damage caused by the explosion. The computer told me that there was radioactivity on the bridge.

I informed Commodore Toocool on this, she ordered security and engineering to wear EVA suits and to go to the bridge to make repairs and check if there is something else that may endanger the ship.

Whilst being hidden under the desk of the XO I suddenly felt a strong headache and somehow the Commodore stood in front of me, talking, well no....using telepathy to communicate with me. She explained me that this will not be the last attack, that she will destroy the whole ship, that we don't have the right to be here.....I talked to her, the headache became worse, it was like something was in my head, in my brain in every nerve of my brain.

I explained to the Commodore that she has no right to destroy the ship. I asked her why she does this...her only answer was, "Because I can!"

The next thing i remember was a nurse in the sickbay...then I felt into sleep again. Whilst sleeping i still heard the voice of Commodore Toocool in my head:"Because I can!" And I felt the pain in my head...I had nightmares about the USS Durant being destroyed, about corpses flying through space, and I always heard the voice of Commodore Toocool:"Because I can!"

== End Log ==
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

United Federation Starfleet
Chief Medical Officer
================================

Chief Medical Report Log
Stardate: 170313
Report submitted by: Captain Data Axel
Subject: Medical Report, Urul Yven
------

Doctor's log:

Dr. Davis gave me the padds of what had happened. Apparently Cmdr. Yven was on the bridge when a radioactive explosion happened. He was hid under the XO desk in her ready room.

Cmdr. Yven says he feels ok again, that the headache has disappeared. Gave him advice that if headache or hallucination returns to come back to Sickbay as soon as possible to get checked.

The commander explained that he is sure he saw the ship captain in front of him talking to him by telepathy. This might be a side effect from what I can tell due to the radiation, but not completely sure.

Will keep a close eye on the Commander to be on the safe side and do weekly checkup on him for the time being.

Medications given to Cmdr. Urul Yven upon checkup was:
' Morphenolog 3cc - for future headache

End Report
Captain Data Axel, M.D. C.M.O.
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

Science Report 170315

On 170303 this ship did receive an unexpected blow. In investigation, Science finding some factors which appear convenient for such sabotage.

Initial report of unknown item being found on the bridge by a crewman to Commander Yven is becoming curious as no one can be found who did this.

Commodore Toocool came back to the ship from Entaba Peace Talks from the asteroid planet to get this report. At this time also a dampening field began to establish itself, affecting internal and external sensors, communications, and maybe other things.

The Captain went to Engineering where power boosts to sensors and comms were attempted. A possible source to the dampening field was pointed out to be the moon in system E324 only one light year spinward of Entaba Asteroid. This data only was found and then the explosion occurred on the bridge, damaging the hull and also spreading radioactive particles on deck one.

Emergency teams both engineering and medical were responding, thankful to know the bridge had been evacuated except for one personnel, the Commander Yven, who did go there to search for this 'package' reported to him that no one else saw either.

He was found in the Ready Room of Executive Officer, talking to himself. Later he reported a conversation with Commodore Toocool who stood near him inside the room and she did told him by telepathy she is going to destroy the ship.

These facts were reported in brief to science and so we began to investigate more. The dampening field has a kind of signature almost like a signal. It used what appears to be an abandoned communications array on E324's moon to transfer and augment this signal. Using probes authorized by the Captain we were able to follow this signal. It appears to be sourced inside the sector block spinward of Entaba, where a large emission nebula is found.

Concluding: a signal or message from yet unknown source was received on Durant and this started a chain of events which ended this time with damage to the ship, no loss of personnel. Who was the planner, we do not know. It is possible an entity interfered with systems, entered the ship and did make an explosion and speak to the Commander. Or it is possible a holographic image transmitted a message to someone aboard Durant. Internal sensors went off line. The explosion happened after Commodore Toocool came back from the asteroid. Did something come with her? Only more study can supply answers.

In service,
LT T'Prain
Astrometrics
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

Captain's Log 170319

Through the efforts of Science we were able to ascertain that the explosion on the Durant bridge occured due to the machinations of a yet unknown entity or group. The source of the dampening field and encrypted signal has been identified as being within the borders of the unknown sector block spinward of Entaba.

*sighs*

We have been here far too long as it is. Our orders were to assist in establishing peace between the Vaadwaur and Turei if possible. Despite many issues, in particular use of and dwelling within what is known as the 'underspace', a fragile cease fire was negotiated. There was an incident of sabotage near the conference area of the asteroid, and both parties quickly blamed the other. I now suspect they were both wrong, and that the same perpetrator who placed the explosive on our bridge also tried to derail the peace talks.

Who, we cannot yet say. But I have informed the Turei and Vaadwaur of our findings. Perhaps in our joint efforts to find the source of the signal and those responsible for the damage to ship and station, we will find more common ground.

It's clear someone has a vested interest in creating conflict here. We would be remiss if we did not follow the trail. I have ordered the ship be ready for departure at zero hundred hours. Our course will take us directly into the emissions nebula charted by science during our time here.

A full report has been dispatched to Pinastri. We are preparing additional probes. Engineering has been working full throttle to get the bridge back into shape.

I admit to feeling... rattled.

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP CAST:
Captain Data Axel, M.D. - Medical
Comm Poison Toocool - CO
LT TPrain ((Isis Gaelyth)) - Science