:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP021: 161116-161215 "On the Edge of the Unknown"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

Captain's Log
Stardate: 161116.13
COMM P. Toocool
--------------------------

We are approaching the border of Sectors 012F and 011E, where a multiple star system lies on the edge of a powerful singularity. Our systems have been profoundly effected by the proximity of the comet we were studying, it was only the increasing size of the ion gas tail and oddly rising readings of low-level radiation that clued us in. We attempted to create some distance between ourselves and the comet tail, but failed.

We didn't see it coming, and now we're unable to break free.
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

Captain's Log
Stardate: 161215.1231
COMM P. Toocool
--------------------------

I cannot believe it. None of us can. We've checked, and checked again. The chronometer is correct. Astrometrics have examined known star charts and it appears that we have been... detained inside the singularity for a month while, for us, it was only a few hours. How is this possible? We speak of time as a dimension. To us, inside the tri-star singularity, it flowed as it always had. Time passed. But when we finally were able to break free and emerge from the event horizon, we found that weeks had passed instead of days.

I must credit our science department, they worked with creative inspiration in conjunction with engineering to develop a way to free us from the grasp of the singularity. Operations had to divert as much power as possible to hull integrity. We then used thrusters and one two-second warp jump to move towards the largest of the tri-suns. The gravity of that star then assisted us to exit from the gravity well of the singularity. All departments performed well under difficult circumstances. We had a few minor injuries.

I have ordered warning buoys to be placed at a suitable distance from the anomaly so that other vessels do not become trapped, as we did, in the powerful gravimetric forces of what we are calling the Eleven-E Singularity.

While part of me is anxious to return to Pinastri as quickly as possible, we still have the Talaxians with us and they need to get home. Engineering assures me that a day or two in spacedock at Nassordin Station will put us to rights. Then it's full speed ahead to New Talax. We should have been there by now. It's frustrating to think that Eleven-E stole a month of time from each of us. But we reset our watches and go forward. Duty calls, as it always does. Perhaps it helps us make sense of what is, in essence, a chaotic universe. Our routines, our maps, our charts, our clocks... help us maintain a grip and a focus in our finite lives.

The stewards tell me it is time to prepare for the Terran celebration of Christmas. They have decorated 10-Forward with lights and other things. It is good to see the smiles, and the youthful hope, in the faces around me. And I am grateful for the gift of being part of their lives.

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”