:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP016: Eff 160902 - "Newton's 3rd Law"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

RP Narrative

USS Durant, Stardrive
Tranquility Spacedock
Pinastri Star System

Stardate 160902
================

Crewman Terrance Frogue was working alone on holodeck four. As usual, he was sticking his noise into work that could wait, at least until the re-integrated ship left space dock, but he loved his job. Always had, always would. He started when a voice came out of nowhere. “Battle bridge to Crewman T. Frogue, please respond.”

He stood up and wiped the grease off his hands. Tapping his combadge: “Frogue here.”

The Comms Officer replied: "Crewman, a message is coming in for you from Starfleet HQ.”

"Pipe it down here, please.”

A moment went by. He walked over to the arch, and pushed the button below the small viewscreen. An image flickered. "Frogue, Sir," the crewman said.

Eyeing the technician's uniform, the unidentified Captain said: “I can see that you are staying busy there on the Durant.”

Frogue smiled and replied: “Yes, sir. My first duty station was a short assignment until they could find me a more permanent spot here on this side of the galaxy. Starfleet could not have chosen a better place for me grow and learn.”

“Glad to hear it. Mr. Frogue, I received the report you sent in to the Starfleet Liaison to the Enlisted member. I find your proposal to be… very interesting. Command would like to hear more. Therefore, you are ordered to report to Starfleet Headquarters tomorrow morning at 0900. Please come in your Class B uniform and be ready to ask questions. I have already informed your Chief and a shuttle to Pinastri has been organized to depart at 0800 hours.”

Frogue raised his eyebrows, realizing who the Captain must be. He swallowed, half nervous, half excited: “Aye, sir I will be there!”

The communication channel closed. He pressed a button just to be sure comms were cut off, and stood there in the empty holodeck. He thrust his hands in his pocket and gave a whistle. He muttered: “Great, I make one or two suggestions and they want to hold a conference… great, just great.”

That same afternoon - after a solar shower, and donning a fresh duty uniform - Frogue went to one place that he had always tried to avoid unless repairs were needed: the Ship's Bridge. He had enlisted to avoid all the pitfalls of being an officer. Walking onto The Bridge felt... wrong, somehow. Nevertheless, he had a mission, and that meant heading over to the saucer section. After he transported, he had a quick glance at the repair log in the Engineering Section. Then he continued on his way.

The turbo doors swished open and he took a step out, nodding to the Duty Officer. Nervously he stopped and came to attention: “Sir, Crewman 3rd Class Frogue requesting permission to speak with the Captain.”

An eyebrow was raised. “Stay here," came the reply. Frogue waited while the Bridge crew continued with their duties, glancing to the stiff-as-a-board crewman with small smiles.

A minute later Crewman Frogue was led to the Captain’s ready room.

Commodore Poison Toocool was at her desk, a steaming cup of Earl Grey at her elbow as she entered a report with lightening speed into the computer. "Crewman," she said dryly, not looking up for a moment. She finished the text. Her sharp eyes then turned to him, raking his uniform. "Fix those pips," she pointed. One had turned slightly. "Those boots could use a better shine. See the Quartermaster and get a new belt. Hair no longer than the collar." When she was finished with the list of things that he needed to fix she sat back. "You wanted to see me?" Even though she was clearly as much a stickler for protocol and 'the book' as everyone said, her eyes were luminous, oddly golden, and kind.

=^=

((Authored by MCPO TFrogue with additions by Comm Toocool))
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

[con't]

Crewman Frogue stood there for a minute, then he took a deep breath and said “Captain, I made a couple…..shall we say…. suggestions about how the enlisted members of Starfleet could be reconsigned better. I even sent in a formal report.... Well, HQ wants to see me tomorrow morning at 0900 hours. Would you please come with me?”
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

[con't]

Thoughts flitted through her mind like quicksilver. He was out of order. He shouldn't be in her ready room without his Chief and a formal request. What about Chain of Command? She was about to open her mouth to set him straight, but something in the way he spoke made her pause. He was clearly in earnest. He'd come to her for support. Lord knows there was enough starch and brass around to please any military minds. Maybe, she should listen to her heart - like she used to do in the old days, at Astraios. "I'll tell my Yeoman," she said slowly. "Send me a copy of your.. suggestions so I can review them beforehand." She rose then. "I'll see you in the morning, Crewman. Dismissed."
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP Narrative

USS Durant, Stardrive
Tranquility Spacedock
Pinastri Star System

Stardate 160909
================

Some days had gone by since Commodore Poison Toocool and Crewman Third Class Terrance Frogue had met with Fleet Command. Thanks to the backing of his CoC, the JC’s took Frogue's requests seriously. He would today, after the official ceremony aboard his ship, be the Command Master Chief of UFS - the highest position for a NCO in Starfleet! He could still hardly believe it. He finished cleaning himself up and walked over to his dress uniform. However, it was no longer an Engineering uniform: he was trading in yellow for blue. Another change.

After several conversations with his skipper on the subject of his interests, talents and branch, he had been encouraged to apply for a new position aboard the Durant: Scientific Engineer. No such role had existed before. Frogue would bridge the gap between Science and Engineering. It was a new idea the Captain wanted to try out. Permission had been granted and Terrance was glad he would be the test case. He would assist both departments while still being responsible for the Enlisted members of UFS. It was a happy surprise to hear that he would be able to remain onboard the Durant -- never had Frogue found a place in his life where he felt he belonged as much. The skipper had explained since the Durant was a training ship, it seemed appropriate for the Command Master Chief to stay aboard and foster the newly graduated crewman in their first assignments and simulations. For the most part he could easily administrate his responsibilities during the flagship’s typically short deployments by use of long range comms.

He donned his new Class B Uniform. He pinned on his Crewman Third Class pips for the last time. He checked the shine on his boots - like a mirror. He smoothed his recently trimmed hair. He checked in the mirror and twisted a pip. Giving himself a final nod of approval, Frogue made his way towards the cargo bay where the ceremony was to take place. It seemed like almost all the crew were present.

Frogue took his spot in the Enlisted Ranks, waiting for the Captain to arrive. She would read the orders from Starfleet, and officially promote him. As he stood there he could not help but wonder (even though this new rank was only a field promotion) if the other enlisted members he served with would understand and respect his new rank? Would they obey his orders? Only time would tell.

Finally, Frogue heard “Rank on Deck”, the bosun’s pipe echoed. Silence fell upon the crew and everyone snapped to attention paying the proper respect to the Commanding Officer of the Durant.

Toocool marched along the lines of her crew, greeting someone there, pointing out an errant nametag there, finally coming down to the podium where she turned smartly and commanded, “at ease.” As if one, the crew moved, hands quickly clasped behind starched backs.

She stood, all eyes on her, waiting. It was so quiet a pin might have dropped and sounded like a hammer. Until a rythmatic tap tap tap was heard. The final piece of the hull being nudged into position. Soon they would be ready to test the refitted ship.

Toocool was known for her eloquent speeches and this one was no different. She spoke of pride and duty, respect for those who had given their lives, tolerance for the difference each brought to the ship and to Starfleet, and the value of kindness. She was known to be ‘by the book’ but there was something in her odd eyes that often gave even the toughest crewman pause.

Since many of the crew had been on Shore Leave or had just joined the ship, the Commodore announced the Awards and Promotions that had occurred at the Admiral’s Banquet so all could be acknowledged. Finally..

“Crewman Third Class Frogue. Front and Centre!”

He swallowed, walked quickly to the designated spot, and snapped to attention. The Commodore moved forward, taking a box from her Yeoman.

“Due to his diligence and enthusiasm in developing ideas for the education, training and deployment of Enlisted Corps, Starfleet Command has appointed Crewman Third Class Terrance Frogue to the position of Command Master Chief for UFS. This role carries a field promotion to Master Chief Petty Officer.”

She stepped forward, passing the box of pips to Frogue, then offering her hand.

“Congratulations, Master Chief,” she smiled to him. Around them came the sound of spontaneous clapping. "Well done."

He couldn’t speak, just took the box in one hand and shook hers with the other, perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

She nodded her head and stepped back.

“The Stewards have set up a Buffet along the Starboard wall. Drinks on me,” she smiled. “Dismissed!”

She moved away to speak to her Yeoman. Frogue himself was surrounded by friends and shipmates clapping him on the shoulder and offering to buy him a drink with grins that said they knew the drinks were free. He felt almost numb, like it all was a dream he would soon wake from.

“I look forward to working with you,” came the level voice of Lieutenant T’Prain. She looked like a Klingon but acted like a Vulcan. Odd. He didn’t know her full story but maybe now he’d find out more. “Oh six hundred in Astrometrics.” She raised an eyebrow to him. “Yes Sir!” he replied smartly, people still coming up to him to say ‘well done.’

Suddenly he laughed, tucked the box of pips in his pocket and said, “where’s the bar?”

=^=

((Authored by MCPO TFrogue with additions by Comm Toocool))

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”