:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP013: 160711-17 - "Sarlaxan Tag"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

Week 160711-17 - "Sarlaxan Tag"
Forum RP
OOC Notes
-------------

General:
-All crew may participate by writing logs for their department during the period of 160711 to 160717.
-Read the CO's post(s) to get a general idea of what your department might be doing; decide whether your character is on the saucer section or stardrive section and log accordingly.
-Be careful not to use the names/positions of other characters (x said this or did that) unless logged by that person prior to your post.
-Use of NPC's is fine, a partial list is here - viewtopic.php?f=603&t=28789 - feel free to use one that exists or to add anyone new except for department heads (chief/vice chief).
-Feel free to have little departmental or personal problems as you work on the overall mission, but please check with the CO [ IM here or email poisontoocool@gmail.com ] before introducing a major idea that might change the overall status of the ship or the goal of the mission.

Mission Notes:
-Research CV's & solar flares in binary systems, and possible effects on warp-powered vessels
-Ship has separated, Saucer and Stardrive have their own missions
-Journey to Freighter Sarlaxa will take at least 3 days at impulse
- Saucer could run into complications, check ideas with CO
- Stardrive has limited crew and facilities, Google for info if needed.

LCARS:
Sectors - http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map
CV - http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/www_astro/gal ... nners.html

Previous:
Nasari Safari I - viewtopic.php?f=602&t=28983
Nasari Safari II - viewtopic.php?f=602&t=29014

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
STARDATE 160711.0130
ITEM: SITREP
============

DURANT STARDRIVE
POSITION: 35.49 LY SPINWARD PINASTRI
COURSE: SYSTEM B231CV, TWO LY DIRECTLY AHEAD
STARDRIVE SPEED: FULL IMPULSE
STARDRIVE STATUS: YELLOW
COMMAND: COMM. P. TOOCOOL
CREW: 188
MISSION: Provide support for Runabout Faramir in attempted rescue of 45 Talaxian's from the freighter Sarlaxa, caught in gravimetric forces in the Binary System B231CV. Sarlaxa forced to eject core after warp drive malfunctioned. Status near critical.

DURANT SAUCER
POSITION: 37.85 LY SPINWARD PINASTRI
COURSE: CIRCUMVENTING SYSTEM B231CV
SAUCER SPEED: FULL IMPULSE
SAUCER STATUS: YELLOW
COMMAND: COMM. C. SKINSTAD
CREW: 822
MISSION: Stay at safe distance from Binary System B231CV. Alert Starfleet Command via any channels accessible of current mission. Rendezvous with Stardrive as soon as it exits the System. Prepare medical for possible triage. Prepare quarters for Talaxian crew. Maintain Tactical alert.
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT STARDRIVE

=^= Captain's Log - 160712.0130 =^=

We proceed on course for System B231CV. We are ready to launch the Runabout Faramir within the next few hours. Everything that can be done to lighten the shuttle's load and increase its protection has been done. The two pilots are now excused from other duty and are, I hope, asleep.

Here on the Stardrive, we are a small crew, duty shifts are longer but I believe spirits are good. I have visited the mess several times and tried to be open to chatting with whoever might be there. Whatever my own worries are, I will not express them to any but the department heads who remain with the stardrive in this attempt to save forty-five lives. Recreation is limited, we have set up a jogging track in one of the cargo bays and target shooting in another, with prizes for those with the best times.

In my private moments I doubt my decision but, weighed in the balance, those Talaxians cannot be ignored. We look at the risk and we do our best to minimize it. We plan well. We have excellent technology. Still, just finding the freighter without effective communications and sensors will be difficult enough.

As the humans say, 'you can't argue with Mother Nature'. The Sarlaxa tried, and failed. Now we hope for better luck.

=^= Log Ends =^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RUNABOUT FARAMIR
STARDATE 160713.0130
ITEM: SITREP
============

RUNABOUT FARAMIR
POSITION: 33.98 LY SPINWARD PINASTRI
COURSE: SYSTEM B231CV, ONE LY DIRECTLY AHEAD
RUNABOUT SPEED: FULL IMPULSE
RUNABOUT STATUS: YELLOW
COMMAND: CMDR R. SPROUT
CREW: TWO
MISSION: Enter the Event Horizon of the Cataclysmic Variable located in System B231CV, locate the freighter Sarlaxa, dock with her and take her forty-five crew aboard. Return to the Durant Stardrive before Life Support runs out.
Ishan Broek
Security - Captain
Security - Captain
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Christopher Pike
Grid: Real Life

Chief Security Officer's Log - 160712.1455

Everything is in place. Commander Sprout and his now rather sparse runabout are poised to begin the rescue mission. With so many primary systems offline aboard the stardrive section we have only been able to do little actual tests. Diagnostics and simulations are all very well, but are no substitute for the real thing. Should the need arise, let’s hope we can respond as necessary.

The limited crew we have available has also taken its toll. Shifts have been long, tempers frayed, and everyone is tired. But to a man everyone has performed their duty exceptionally well.

All has gone too smoothly so far. That fact makes me uneasy, as experience tells me that something unexpected is likely to happen. We have prepared well and are ready. We have to be.

End Log
Since 070630
tfrogue
Operations - Crewman 2nd Class
Operations - Crewman 2nd Class
Duty Post: Unasssigned
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT SAUCER SECTION

=^= RP Narrative, 160713-- 2130 Hours =^=

Crewman Apprentice Tfrogue Resident had been on duty now for 13 hours; his feet, his head, and every part of him that could hurt did hurt. He was tired, but Frogue would not let that show to his shipmates; he continued with his duties, walking from station to station and making sure that all of the systems were operating effectively in the Engineering Room. The last thing that the Executive Officer would want was for the saucer to break down now.

As Frogue continued his duties he accidently dropped the pad he was holding. The Vice Chief of Engineering came up from behind and questioned: “Crewman are you alright?” As Frogue picked up the pad, he responded: “Aye sir, I am.” At that point, Commander Coil motioned for Frogue to follow him down the hall, stopping somewhere in the middle, he turned and continued “Crewman Frogue, while I do appreciate your sense of duty, by my count you have been on duty for 13 hours and you need a break. You are officially off duty until 0800 hours tomorrow.” Just as Frogue was going to protest came the words that every enlisted member of Starfleet knows means you will listen when spoken to: “Dismissed, Crewman.” Handing his pad to Coil, Frogue acknowledged the orders he had just received “Aye, sir.”

The Crewman could feel the motion of the ship as he walked down the ship’s hallways. A few minutes later he found himself in the mess hall of the saucer section. He sat there thinking about all the dreams he had about being in space and how his first assignment aboard a space station, while a great learning experience, was a lot different than being out in actual space on a starship. He thought about his parents and how proud they were when he completed enlisted training. Indeed, Frogue might never be in command, but he was serving in his own way. Engineering was his calling and he was ready for the years of interesting service which were in front of him.
Terrance Frogue
Crewman 2nd Class | Operations Branch
UFS Academy Professor | Personnel Clerk
Ishan Broek
Security - Captain
Security - Captain
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Christopher Pike
Grid: Real Life

SECURITY OFFICE – 160713.0550

Captain Ishan Broek looked up as Lieutenant Hammond placed a PADD containing the day's reports on his desk and stepped aside into a smart at-ease. He was not in the habit of subjecting his people to undue scrutiny, but a lifetime in Starfleet security had honed an uncanny awareness of minor, but potentially significant, changes in those around him. Right now that sense was telling him that there was something different about Carly today, even if he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was.

He gave the reports a cursory scan. "Is there anything else I should know about Lieutenant?"

"No, sir." she answered crispy.

Ishan pursed his lips. He knew Carly pretty well. In fact, he had recruited her personally. Something was definitely up, and while he didn't want to be overly intrusive, as Chief Security Officer, Starfleet was not paying him to not know what was going on.

"You just seem a little different this morning." he commented casually.

"Yesterday was a long one, and just finally had a chance to crack open that bottle of Macallan's, sir." Despite her usual easy manner she kept her eyes forward. "And the Master-at-Arms swapped me a couple sips of his bourbon."

Bless the prophets, was she blushing just a little? Well, you did ask he told himself. Now you're stuck with the information. Carly was young enough to be his daughter, but already one of his most promising officers. The Master-at-Arms was a gruff, disrespectful, hard-bitten cynic - which made him one of Ishan's favorite people on the whole ship.

Two good people who both deserved to be happy; normally he would be pretty happy about it too. However, Ishan had 50 credits riding on a (slightly drunken) bet that she was most likely to pair up with the chief engineer and he did not relish the thought of letting Robertson rib him about making a bad call. He quickly decided that unless presented with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, as far as anyone (especially the rest of the betting pool) needed to know, fine liquors were the only fluids she and the Master-at-Arms were exchanging.

He schooled his features to careful ignorance as he signalled dismissal. "Very good, Lieutenant. Carry on."
Since 070630
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RUNABOUT FARAMIR

=^= Ship's Log 161714.0000 =^=

Commander Russell Sprout, Mission Command, reporting:

We have crossed the Event Horizon and are now out of contact with the Durant Stardrive. As ordered, I placed a homing buoy when we crossed into the area most affected by the binary stars. My co-pilot, Major Zero, is catching a few z's, orders from me. I estimate our time to rendezvous with the Talaxian freighter to be three hours, give or take. I'll wake him in an hour. Then our search for the Sarlaxa will begin in earnest. We have all the data collected by the Durant on the whereabouts of the freighter. It's sketchy at best. Right now I'm aiming for the second planet of the system. We believe the Talaxians are caught in gravimetric forces between the Class T gas giant and its moons, and the approaching suns. Time is running out for them. We could not use warp to reach them, nor can we use to to escape. We are hoping that our special shielding and hull plating will keep the Faramir intact until we reach the Event Horizon and rendezvous with the stardrive. Six hours. We need to last six hours.

We keep trying to raise the Sarlaxa, no response.

Cmdr R. Sprout, out.
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

=^= Captain's Log, Stardate 160713.2330 =^=

The Faramir has now crossed the Event Horizon. All that is left are her energy readings and the measured beep of the homing bouy she laid before moving into the well of the Cataclysmic Variable. We have come to a full stop and wait, impotent, for her return, approximately six hours from now. Despite the communications difficulties we have all channels open listening breathlessly for some clue of how Sprout and Zero are faring. Even here, we feel the gusts of solar winds and magnetic pulsations. Helm has strict orders to maintain position nonetheless. I gaze out the window of my ready room at the awesome beauty of the binary stars and the cascade of light and colour they display. Mysterious, powerful beyond measure. And we, a small speck of odd-shaped silver, sitting in the dark, illuminated only by our own flickering lights. Home and safe haven to those for whom we wait. Somehow I doubt we'll take a breath for these six hours.

Comm. P. Toocool

=^= End Log =^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT SAUCER SECTION

=^= RP Narrative, 160714.0015 Hours =^=

Science Officer Lieutentant T'Prain turned, one eyebrow raised as the saucer section shook minutely. "Asteroids, Sir," she said in a calm voice that belied her Klingon heritage. "Suggest red alert."

"Agreed. Tactical, red alert. Bring weapons online. Helm, evasive action. T'Prain, coordinate your readings with Tactical. Jack, take out anything that could penetrate our shields. Fire at will."

"Weapons online, ready," he replied.

Not content with swallowing the Durant stardrive and the runabout Faramir, Binary System B231CV was having a tantrum, spewing bits of space debris violently in all directions.

All eyes on the bridge went to the flickering viewscreen. "I hope they're ok," breathed the dimunutive Lieutenant at OPs.

"So do we all."

The saucer moved off, firing phasers intermittently as she slowly disappeared into the darkness ahead.

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”