:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP012: 160703-10 - "Nasari Safari II"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

Week 160703-10 - "Nasari Safari II"
Forum RP
OOC Notes
-------------

General:
-All crew may participate by writing logs for their department during the period of 160703 to 160710.
-Read the CO's post(s) to get a general idea of what your department might be doing.
-Be careful not to use the names/positions of other characters (x said this or did that) unless logged by that person prior to your post.
-Use of NPC's is fine, a partial list is here - viewtopic.php?f=603&t=28789 - feel free to use one that exists or to add anyone new except for department heads (chief/vice chief).
-Feel free to have little departmental or personal problems as you work on the overall mission, but please check with the CO [ IM here or email poisontoocool@gmail.com ] before introducing a major idea that might change the overall status of the ship or the goal of the mission.

Mission Notes:
-search continues for distressed vessel 160703.0130 to 160706.2359
-Research CV's & solar flares in binary systems, and possible effects on ship
-On 160707 we will begin rescue attempt. Details TBA.

LCARS:
Sectors - http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map
CV - http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/www_astro/gal ... nners.html
Previous - viewtopic.php?f=602&t=28983

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT

=^= Captain's Log - 160703.0130 =^=

We continue on Yellow Alert while circumnavigating the cataclysmic variable in search of what we believe is a ship in distress somewhere in this area. Warp drive is offline at the recommendation of Engineering. Sensors and communications are intermittent, which makes the search all that much more difficult. We had sent one probe but it disappeared and telemetry was lost after a short time, but we did receive enough data to know that the source of the distress call we received is, as far as we can tell, inside the binary system. I have just ordered another probe to be launched, with maximum shielding and polarized hull plating.

If a rescue attempt is to be made, it may not be possible to use the Durant. I have given Tactical and Engineering permission to work on a shuttle to see if warp drive and shield emitters could be modified to deal with the intense magnetic waves in this area. Another option would be to separate the ship and leave the saucer section outside the system. I have called a meeting of senior officers for 160704.0630. We will assess our options again then, with the latest data from science, operations, and engineering.

=^= Log Ends =^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
STARDATE 160704.0330

OOW GAMMA SHIFT
CMDR RUSSEL SPROUT
DUTY LOG

SHIP'S POSITION: 38.14 LY SPINWARD PINASTRI
SHIP'S COURSE: NASARI SECTOR - SEARCH PATTERN ALPHA
SHIP'S SPEED: FULL IMPULSE
SHIP'S STATUS: ALL DEPARTMENTS YELLOW * SEE BELOW

OPERATIONS - Helm control sluggish. Power allocations managed. Communications reports difficulty with comms continues. Working with Engineering and Science to prepare requested probe.

SECURITY - Tactical reports intermittent sensors. Working with Engineering and Science with respect to increased shielding.

ENGINEERING - All systems yellow. Recommended warp drive be kept off line due to magnetic flutuations and gravimetric waves in this area. Working with Science and Tactical to increase shielding and polarize hull plating in preparation for anticipated rescue attempt.

MEDICAL - Status yellow. Reports of headaches and sleep disruption from some personnel.

SCIENCE - working with Engineering and Operations to prepare specially protected probe to be fired into the binary system in hopes the distressed vessel may be contacted.

INTELLIGENCE - assisting in Tactical functions.

MARINE - assisting in Security and Engineering.

STEWARDS - Standard shifts. Individual replicators offline, all crew to eat in mess or 10-Forward.

NOTE: Holodecks currently offlimits.

===OOW GAMMA DUTY LOG ENDS===
tfrogue
Operations - Crewman 2nd Class
Duty Post: Unasssigned
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Engineering Log Stardate 160705, Crewman Apprentice Tfrogue Resident reporting. I only recently completed a transfer to this fine ship and, today, the Chief of Engineering ordered me to start a level 1 diagnostic on the warp drive; I have estimated sixteen hours to complete the assigned duty. I just hope I am up to the task being that I am still new from Enlisted Training.

End Log.
Terrance Frogue
Crewman 2nd Class | Operations Branch
UFS Academy Professor | Personnel Clerk
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT

=^= Captain's Log - 160705.1130 =^=

We continue on Yellow Alert while circumnavigating the cataclysmic variable in search of what we believe is a ship in distress somewhere in this area, a few light years inside the Nasari Sector. Science, Engineering and Operations have worked to modify a probe with enhanced shielding and polarized hull plating in the hopes it can penetrate further into the anomaly and discover where the vessel, perhaps caught in the massive gravimetric eddies, is located.

The probe was launched earlier today and, travelling at full impulse, is making its way towards the binary system. Telemetry so far has been clear, OPs is passing data to Science for study, and to Engineering so that the affects of the anomaly on propulsion systems can be better understood.

Engineering has informed me that they wish to do a Level 1 diagnostic on the warp drive, I have given permission for this work to go ahead as we are unable to use warp in this area due to the magnetic and gravimetric forces that could damage the ship.

Meantime we are preparing three possible plans for rescuing the distressed vessel. Saucer separation, use of a shuttle or runabout specially prepared for the task, or take the Durant. We have so little information on those who sent the distress call, it is hard to know exactly what will be needed. Any choice has inherent danger in it.

Medical has reported some issues with nightmares, headaches, and sleep disturbances. Since the holodeck is offlimits I have given permission for the arboretum to be used as a place of meditation. Therapeutic massage and aromatherapy have been offered as well. I have given department heads strict instructions to ensure each member of staff has appropriate rest and relaxation time.

I admit I feel a sense of strain myself. It may be the anomaly, or it may be the knowledge that beings in distress who have asked us for help are waiting so long for us to find them. I hope we will not be too late.

=^= Log Ends =^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

=^= RP Narrative, 160706 =^=

Toocool sits at her desk in the CO's Ready Room aboard the USS Taylorholic Durant, which slides slowly at full impulse as it moves to circumnavigate a binary star system a few light years inside the Nasari sector border. She's just received a briefing from Operations and Science with regard to the class four probe launched at the Captain's order on 160705.1130. The probe successfully penetrated into the event horizon of the cataclysmic variable and subsequently picked up a distress call from a vessel for which the Durant had been searching. The briefing has left the Durant's commanding officer deep in thought.

The distressed ship identified itself as Talaxian freighter carrying a crew of forty-five. It had rashly tried to cross the binary system using warp drive and ran into such difficulties that it was forced to eject its core. Although the Talaxians have impulse drive they are caught in the gravity of an extremely large hostile planet and unable to break free. Their shielding has held up but as the planet moves in its orbit it is getting closer to the larger star and the ship likely will not survive the increased gravimetric pressure. Going to the planet surface is not an option as the atmosphere is toxic and the hurricane force winds would likely cause them to crash. Their captain would take this option as a last resort, and they will arrive at that point within three to four days.

The situation of the Sarlaxa is grave. Will the Durant fair better?

The option of using a specially shielded runabout with polarized hull plating to rescue the crew of the Talaxian vessel is unlikely now, as a runabout can carry a crew of two and up to forty others. Five more people might cause a major issue... the runabout might not make it back to the Durant. Toocool contacts the Chief Engineer and instructs him to strip the vessel of everything, including seats, beds, anything that could lessen the weight and allow it to carry more people. He warns her that life support could be compromised if too many people are aboard. They discuss options for this, he is less than enthusiastic and she snaps at him to do as she has said and report when done.

She turns and looks out the window. Travelling at impulse seems like walking in quicksand. She sighs. "Computer, captain's Log."

"Recording. Stardate 160706.2130."

"After reviewing all the data and hearing from all department heads, the only thing that makes sense to me is to combine elements from two plans. I have ordered engineering to strip down the runabout, Faramir, to essential components only. Breathng apparatus to be provided for our two crew members. With its specially fortified shielding and polorized hull plating, we believe the Faramir will be able to pierce the event horizon and locate the Talaxian vessel. The runabout will then attach to the freighter, offload the crew, and start their journey back to the Durant. The tricky part will be when the Sarlaxa and Faramir have to lower shields in order to dock with each other. I hope their captain is... experienced." Her voice is doubtful.

She sighs, turning to look at her computer screen, reading the data again.

"They will only have a few hours life support. Therefore I propose the Durant separate, leaving the saucer section on our current course. The stardrive section will follow the runabout to a position 10,000 kilometers from the event horizon, and wait there for rendezvous. Hopefully the runabout, at full impulse, can escape the gravimetric forces and make its way back to the Durant safely. Given the slow speed we must travel, we will start this plan 160707.0430. I have asked the XO for recommendations with regard to the Faramir crew. We will launch two shielded comms buoys to assist in ensuring that we can all hear each other."

She moves to the replicator, forgetting it is not operational, "Earl Grey tea, hot." No response. She sighs again. Turning towards the door, she pauses.

"I am sure the XO will object but... I feel I must command the stardrive. I am risking the Durant by doing this, it should be my responsibility to be in command when we execute this plan. She will remain with the saucer section and ensure that, if the stardrive is destroyed, the rest of the crew is taken back to safety."

She moves to the doorway. "End log." The door swishes. The room is empty.
tfrogue
Duty Post: Unasssigned
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=^= RP Narrative, 160708 =^=

Crewman Apprentice Frogue felt the saucer section separate from the main ship. He had been ordered by the Chief Engineer to join Engineering onboard the saucer section. Being in the lower enlisted ranks did have its drawbacks and today the Crewman could see one of those disadvantages: he never knows exactly what is happening. In any event, Frogue would do what he was ordered to do. As he examined the consoles in the Engineering section he was watching for any signs of stress on the saucer's engines - of course traveling as slow as they were would cause less strain upon the ship. He pushed a button on the console to record his Gamma shift log.

=^=Engineering Log, Stardate 160708 =^=

Crewman Apprentice Tfrogue Resident reporting. The stardrive section of the ship has separated from the saucer, and I am assigned to the saucer. I have to admit, that all the enlisted training in the world did not prepare me for space travel like this. Nevertheless, the ship had a successful separation, and we are under the command of our Executive Officer; what will be next? Who knows, but the Engineering Section will be ready for whatever comes our way.

End log. =^=
Terrance Frogue
Crewman 2nd Class | Operations Branch
UFS Academy Professor | Personnel Clerk
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
STARDRIVE SECTION
STARDATE 160700.0000

OOW GAMMA SHIFT
CMDR RUSSEL SPROUT
DUTY LOG

POSITION: 37.21 LY SPINWARD PINASTRI
COURSE: NASARI SECTOR - SYSTEM B231CV
SHIP'S SPEED: FULL IMPULSE
SHIP'S STATUS: ALL DEPARTMENTS YELLOW * SEE BELOW

OPERATIONS - Helm control responsive. All non-essential systems offline. Communications reports difficulty with comms continues.

SECURITY - Tactical running computer simulations of potential rescue scenerios. Weapons offline. Tracktor beam offline. Sensors intermittent.

ENGINEERING - Automated shield frequency modulations in effect. Hull plating polarized. Runabout prepared and ready to launch on Captain's order.

MEDICAL - Continues to report difficulties with headaches, irritation, sleep disturbances/insomnia, and nightmares. Two crew treated for abrations after a conduit malfunctioned in cargo bay two.

SCIENCE - studying projected courses for runabout and stardrive; gathering data on the affects of the anomaly on systems and efforts to combat it for further study. Brief on Talaxian customs to CO at 0530.

INTELLIGENCE - remained on saucer section to assist XO.

MARINE - team of four assigned to stardrive for increased security once Talaxians aboard. Currently assisting in Tactical and Engineering.

STEWARDS - remained on saucer section. Replicators operational in Mess only.

===OOW GAMMA DUTY LOG ENDS===

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”