:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP008: 160601 - "Eerie Calm"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
COURSE: ORBITAL PATH, THIRD PLANET, SYSTEM 009SJE
SPEED: THRUSTERS ONLY
STARDATE 160530

LOG:

The Durant is now part of a Task Force searching for those who caused the devastation at Pinastri, we have been sent out beyond Farn sector to monitor communications. After launching some specially designed comms buoys we intercepted signals between two ships, which, after breaking the encryption, we were able to identify as Tetsuko Maru IV and Tetsuko Maru XVII. Further, we were able to decipher enough of the messages to know that they are associated with the CoreWorlders. We sent a message back to the Fleet and we are now hidden in a small system in the Telos sector, monitoring our buoys and awaiting further orders. It's crucial we try to figure out what the Tetsuko's are planning next.

More than two days have passed while we wait here in the shadow of a dead system with a weak sun, the gravitational eddies doing nothing for our warp drive. We've moved out into the orbit of the farthest planet to reduce the affects on our systems, and to ensure we are receiving full telemetry from our cloaked comms buoys. My instincts say we should be heading back to Pinastri, but we have not yet received a response. We've been running drills and diagnostics ad nauseam.

I've asked the stewards to prepare a special meal tonight, and given approval to the XO for light duty shifts commencing at 1800 hours, to give everyone a short breather before... whatever comes next.

However engineering will have to get back to it by 2000 as I want full warp capacity without any delay when we receive our orders.

I wish we were underway now. Sitting here in a calm backwater knowing that a storm might be brewing... doesn't make for relaxation.

IN SERVICE
POISON TOOCOOL, FLEET CAPTAIN
COMMANDING

===LOG ENDS===

LCARS: http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map

LCARS:
PREVIOUS

FCapt Poison Toocool 160507: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878#p194686
FCapt Teresa Firelight 160507: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878&start=15#p194702
Comm Cheryl Skinstad 160507: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878&start=15#p194721
Ship's Log 160521: viewtopic.php?f=602&t=28901#p194822
USS Maxwell 160523: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878&start=15#p194838
Captain's Log 160528 viewtopic.php?f=601&t=28751#p194884
Ishan Broek
Security - Captain
Security - Captain
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Christopher Pike
Grid: Real Life

===CHIEF SECURITY OFFICERS LOG===

STARDATE: 160601

We are hiding behind a rock in deep space, waiting for...well we don't know. But, playing the waiting game is always a torturous affair. Many of the junior members of the crew are nervous and on-edge and the mood is tense. All we can do is prepare, remain professional, and be ready for whatever comes our way.

So we are at least a little wiser as to our situation. We have been, and are continuing to run constant shipwide security drills and simulations to cover all shipside eventualities. Shields, deflectors, tactical sensors and weapon systems seem to be under constant diagnostic, but are in tip-top condition. If and when we engage the enemy we will be primed and ready. May the Gods help them.

In service

===END LOG===
Since 070630
Teresa Firelight
Operations - Fleet Captain
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

=== Chief Operations Officer's Log ===

We have picked up a signal that is highly encrypted. In addition the wave length has been altered and it is coming in triplicate -- making it quite difficult to pinpoint it's origin. We have not been able to decrypt it and we do not know if it is the from those who attacked Pinastri.

However, we have been able to isolate a few interesting characteristics. It is a short burst high density pulse, similar to what our probe is using in theory. However, it is more carefully masked than we are capable of doing, and seems t be a set of harmonics. It seems to be cycling, where each cycle has a slightly higher frequency than the one before, and it comes at regular intervals. We are detecting about 1 pulse every 6 hours and 4 minutes.

We are still working on processing this signal and decrypting it. We are also still working on pinpointing its point of origin. But if I had to guess, I would say it was some type of countdown or coordination signal.....
Cheryl Skinstad
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: UF Starfleet Chief Of Staff
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant
Grid: All

===Executive Officer's Log===

STARDATE: 160601

I have been tasked with overseeing the preparation a special meal tonight, to raise morale somewhat, while we wait in hiding in deep space which to some crew members is beginning to seem a very long time. I am witnessing the nervousness and it is causing some Officers to not be completely focused and on task.

I announced the Captain's approval for light duty shifts to commence at 1800 hours, which went down well with the crew. Many of the junior members of the crew are apprehensive of the unknown situation that we are in, and I hope a little light relief will be welcomed. All the senior Officers have been told to be prepared for the unknown, and be role models in how to remain professional, for whatever comes our way.

Operations are keeping the Captain and myself appraised on the decryption of the signal that was discovered. At least that department is being kept busy, and also Security with their drills and simulations. The speculations, hopefully, will not be for too long before we discover the point of origin of the signal and we can engage with the perpetrators who caused such damage to our home planet.

In service

Cheryl Skinstad

===END LOG===
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

===CAPTAIN'S LOG 160601.1800===

Operations has located another signal, a short burst high density pulse, carefully masked but detectable. One pulse per six hours and four minutes, at a higher frequency than before. Science and OPs are working full tilt to decrypt the signal. We have yet to pinpoint the exact location, but in the interim I have ordered the Durant to move in the general direction from which it was received. We sent a short message to the Fleet before leaving our sheltered position trailing 009SJE III, and I have now ordered complete comms silence, yellow alert. We are to flit from system to system until we discover who and what has sent this mysterious signal.

IN SERVICE
COMMANDING

===LOG ENDS===
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

===CAPTAIN'S LOG 160602.1115===

We carefully made our way across the Telos Sector, approaching the border with Pirandia while flitting in and out of systems, an asteroid belt, and even nudging the event horizon of a black hole. At last, as we were passing through a binary system located approximately forty light years spinward Pinastri, we located the source of the encrypted high density pulse. A Kazon vessel has appeared on our long range sensors. What's strange is that although we can read its presence we have no indication of life signs. Yet it seems to be fully functional. I have advised Helm to make a course through this system so that the gravitational eddies may hide our approach. I am reluctant to break comms silence so I have instructed OPs to prepare a small comms buoy, we will sent it to our rear and have it broadcast an encrypted message to the fleet once it arrives in the centre of Telos Sector. It will give a short signal indicating our current location and advise Starfleet we are approaching a heavily armed, fully functioning vessel with no life signs. A possible CoreWorlder drone ship, purpose unknown.

IN SERVICE
COMMANDING

===LOG ENDS===
Teresa Firelight
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

=^= Chief Operation Officer's Log =^=
Stardate 160602

The ship has relocated to the general area that the signal was coming from. We have confirmed that the signals are indeed coming from what appears to be an abandoned Kazon vessel -- but the broadcast sophistication/technology is substantially above what the Kazon's are believed capable of. We just intercepted another signal about 15 minutes ago and are hard at work at decrypting it. I am not entirely optimistic that we will be able to decode it -- the encryption technology is heads/shoulders above anything we have encountered before. But I have skilled teams that will work on it around the clock.

Also, the captain ordered another cloaked comms bouy. This one is almost an exact duplicate of what we launched before. It has only one modification. Since it is intended for comms to Starfleet, the broadcast antenna is not Omni-directional. Instead it faces the direction of Starfleet Command and will transmit a narrow focused signal burst ONLY in the direction of Starfleet.

This may be overkill -- but since the signal technology from the "supposed" Kazon ship is so advanced, I am concerned they could intercept our signal if we broadcasted Omni-directional. As far as I know, they are not yet aware of our presence in this area, and I don't want our bouy to be what alerts them to the fact that we are "on to them."

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”