:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP007: 160527 - "Restless Silence"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
COURSE: STAGGERED, HEADING SECTOR 006E
SPEED: WARP THREE
STARDATE 160525

LOG:

Intermittent Battle Drills overseen by Chief Security and the XO. Science and Operations pulling data from sensors, comms, and probes sent ahead. We've come across warp trails and snippets of communications, but nothing of significance. The Farn Asteroid Belt is aft of us and interfering with communications with the Fleet. I have ordered OPs to prepare a communications buoy and tactical must configure it to end up in the asteroid belt where I hope it might go unnoticed by any enemies. All coms to be encrypted. Intel is to ensure all shuttles are prepared and pilots assigned. Marines patrol the ship. Medical to run drills and prepare for triage.

Although everyone is hard at work monitoring sensors and communications or preparing for battle I feel restless. We run with shields up, yellow alert. Yet our enemy is faceless and unseen.

IN SERVICE
POISON TOOCOOL, FLEET CAPTAIN
COMMANDING

===LOG ENDS===

LCARS: http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map

LCARS:
PREVIOUS

FCapt Poison Toocool 160507: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878#p194686
FCapt Teresa Firelight 160507: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878&start=15#p194702
Comm Cheryl Skinstad 160507: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878&start=15#p194721
Ship's Log 160521: viewtopic.php?f=602&t=28901#p194822
USS Maxwell 160523: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28878&start=15#p194838
Cheryl Skinstad
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: UF Starfleet Chief Of Staff
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant
Grid: All

=== XO'S Log ===

STARDATE 160526

I seem to be presently occupied by the constant monitoring of Battle Drills assisted by the Chief of Security. Science and Operations are assisting our joint search, collecting data. Although I made a complete physical recovery from my injuries, I feel as though I have not made much headway from the psychological after effects of being trapped in that shuttle and witnessing the pilot getting killed. I suppose I should seek counselling, when there is time. However, Medical are running training drills for triage and they are working to full capacity. Security is on yellow alert and we run with shields constantly up, but yet we seem to not be sure what the questions are, that we are seeking answers from our sensors and probes.

Commodore Cheryl Skinstad
Executive Officer

=== LOG ENDS ===
Teresa Firelight
Operations - Fleet Captain
Operations - Fleet Captain
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

Operations Chief Log
Fleet Captain Teresa Firelight Reporting
Stardate 160526

We have prepared a buoy as per the captain's request. I was able to get engineering to install a small cloaking device on the buoy. It is not perfect of course, but it should be extremely hard to find unless someone knows exactly what to look for. The device cloaks everything except for one passive antenna that extends 5 meters below the bottom of the cloak. This antenna receives 24x7 and stores its data into an attached databank. The cloak intermittently disables itself for 1 second every two minutes so that the buoy can process data collected in its buffer and transmit accordingly.

I have elected to use extremely short high density data bursts for transmission. Each transmission takes about 20 microseconds, and we can transmit every 10 seconds, so we can get 6 data bursts out in the transmission window. This may not sound like much, but given the density of the ultra high frequency data bursts, we can transmit the complete works of William Shakesphere 9 times in a single transmission burst. In short, we should be able to collect data during the passive listen for two minute at a time and transmit it all to its destination in the next transmission window, even where there are large quantities of data.

Again, it is unlikely that the messages will be intercepted because they are short bursts. But we have added level 9 encryption, so that even if an interception is captured by the enemy, they probably wont be able to decrypt and understand it.

The probe is now ready to be launched and we are just awaiting a final approval from the CO and the launch command from our CO.
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
SPEED: STATIONKEEPING
STARDATE 160527

LOG:

We launched our comms buoy on 160525 and successfully set its course for the Farn asteroid belt, where it came to a stop and now is part of the floating debris. Science and Operations worked together well on this, and telemetry was clear. We broadened the spectrum that we were listening to and came across an intermittent signal that appeared at first to be white noise but had a time index that was suspicious. Operations alerted me immediately and I assigned a team of OPs and Science to work on deciphering the possible subspace communication. In the end we found that that we had discovered a message-bearing frequency hidden within naturally occurring radio signals. The algorithm used in encryption is highly sophisticated but our science officer worked tirelessly trying different options. Much of the series of messages is still not understood but we have broken enough of the code to confirm that we have intercepted messages between the Tetsuko Maru IV and Tetsuko Maru XVII. We now have clear indications that both vessels are associated with the CoreWorlders. I have sent a message to the Fleet in this regard. We will maintain our position here on the border of the Telos Sector, in a small two planet system with five moons... hiding in the shadows pending new orders.

IN SERVICE
POISON TOOCOOL, FLEET CAPTAIN
COMMANDING

===LOG ENDS===

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”