TDRP2407: "You're interfering in my mission!" "No, you're interfering in my mission!" (240217)

The USS Taylorholic Durant, referred to as the USS Durant, is named for the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant in honor of her contributions to UFS and for exemplifying what an excellent officer should be. We are honored to bear her name. The Durant is a Luna Class Science Vessel, assigned to explore and chart the unexplored areas of the Delta Quadrant. We are also on diplomatic assignments, as we are usually the first contact for many planets with warp technology. Our Science vessel converts into an impressive combat vessel when warranted.

We use Post Order/Para Roleplay (ParaRP), which means before our Roleplay begins the game master will list each roleplayer's name in the order they will make their posts. This guarantees each person adds to the creation of our fascinating stories. Para RP means our posts are paragraphs that can be short or long, emoting our thoughts and feelings along with dialog. We feel Para RP adds more depth to our stories. If you would like to try Para RP request a ridealong with us! We will be happy to teach you.

Roleplay Times: Saturdays 9:00am SLT
Commanding Officer: Evelyn Rieko
Executive Officer: Greenlantern Excelsior

Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: 001 Second Life Grid

===OOC============
Sat February 17, 2024
OOC Preparations
MISSION TDRP2407
==================

STARDATE: 240217
ARRIVAL TIME: 8:45am SLT
CREW START TIME: 9:00am SLT
LOCATION TO MEET: 1960's Time Portal
RP STARTS: 1960's Time Portal Diner.

WHAT TO WEAR:
Hippie Outfits
Combadge
PADDS
UFS Combadge
Phaser (Chief Security Officer, CO, and XO)
Medical Tricorder (Chief Medical Officer)

MISSION LEAD/GM: Commodore Evelyn Rieko

POST ORDER: Will be decided, and posted, by the XO or the Mission Leader just before the mission starts (and sometimes adjusted in the RP if necessary).

ARRIVING LATE? Ensure to enter the scene logically.
NEED TO LEAVE EARLY? Justify your exit.

PROPER ADDRESS: Our XO is addressed as Captain Jordan, XO, or First Officer. Our CO is addressed as Commodore Rieko, Commodore, or Captain Rieko. Please don't use "Captain" without a surname as we won't know who you are addressing ;)

BRIEF:

We are going to find out that Gary Seven's mission intersects with ours. A previous Agent, Vee 2 caused a major change in the prime timeline. Gary 7 was sent to correct the mistake made by the agent Vee 2.

The way things should have gone concerning the people that belong in 1969 is Guy Nettles brings weed to Jimi Hendrix and when Jimi performs everything is great. A man that’s in the audience named Don Hill is uplifted by the performance and goes on to work as a scientist doing research to help everyone. He develops a system that can make desert areas farmable and another system that can turn contaminated water into clean, fresh, drinking water. He is also Hal’s ancestor. After Jimi’s performance Don Hill got together with a pretty girl named Holly Jordan that fell into his lap literally as she tried to walk around a mud puddle and slipped.

However the previous Agent, Agent Vee 2 accidentally interfered and Guy Nettles could not meet the marijuana seller and there was no weed for Jimi and Jimi was already feeling down and got into an argument with one of the concert managers and a few others and a big brawl started. Jimi, the manager and a few others were arrested, so Jimi could not perform. The fact that Don Hill was not inspired by Jimi’s performance and was arrested instead caused his future to change. Although Don Hill was not in the brawl he was standing near it and a policeman arrested Don Hill as well. Don Hill kept explaining that he was not in the fight but the officer did not listen. Don was arrested, so he was not there to be with Holly and create the child that would be Hal’s 5 greats grandfather.

While in the jail cell Don Hill started thinking negatively about life, authority figures and mankind. As years passed he developed into a scientist that grew more negative everyday. And he will cause a catastrophe. Only Gary Seven knows what that catastrophe will be.

So Guy Nettles is important to Gary’s mission and he is important to our mission also, because Gary Nettles must deliver a drug order to the musician Jimi, so that Don Hill will be inspired by Jimi's performance and Don must be there at Woodstock to meet Holly, not in a jail cell. Guy Nettles is the catalyst here. Correcting the timeline depends on Gary Seven safely getting Guy Nettles to the place he is supposed to go to get the drug order for Jimi, and he has to deliver it to Jimi, before the brawl breaks out. If Jimi gets the order the brawl will never take place and it should not have taken place. It did not take place in the prime timeline.

Science Officers on the ship continue to study the Vortex and learn about it. Cmdr. Jason Bjorn has the Conn and is keeping sensor scans on the away team. Once the timeline is corrected, a catastrophe will be averted, Hal will live and we can all go home.

Commodore Evelyn Rieko
CO | USS Durant

You should have read:

TDRP2406: "An Unexpected Encounter"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35339

TDRP2405: "Will You Remember Me"
viewforum.php?f=885

TDRP2404: "My Present is My Future Is My Past"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35298

TDRP2403: "We Can Talk"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35289

TDRP2402: "All You Need is Love"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35264

TDRP2401: "Everyday People"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35257

TDRP2349: "Purple Haze"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35231

TDRP2348: "You've Got a Friend"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35230

TDRP2347: "1969"

viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35212

TDRP2346: "Bummer"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35202

TDRP2345: "Are we There yet?"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35178
TDRP2344: "Getting Ready to Leave"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35175

TDRP2343: "A Few Answers"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35176

TDRP2342: "You Can't Handle the Truth"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35102

TDRP2341: "Probing Questions"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35079

TDRP2340: "Gaining Trust"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35077

TDRP2339: "Meeting an Ancestor"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35075&p=217830

TDRP2338: "Grey Aliens"
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=35064

TDRP2337: " Origin Unknown"
viewtopic.php?f=885&p=217653#p217653

OOC==========================================
SIM Concept: Evelyn Rieko, Hal Jordan, and Cato Quan
Historian: Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)
=============================================
Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Chief of Security
Grid: Second Life

CAST OF CHARACTERS
=================

Willow Torres (Evelyn Rieko - Commodore), CO
Evey Johnson (Evey Riley - Lieutenant Commander) Chief Medical ((evey45))
Holly Jordan (1960s Earth resident), ((hollyjordan Resident))
Glowing Spirit (Sandra Lacrima - Lieutenant) Chief of Security
Isis, Gary Seven's cat ((Evelyn Rieko))
Agent Gary Seven ((Gnarlihotep Abel))
Azure (Lieutenant JG), Science ((brightazuresky Resident))
Eve Angeles (Ev0lizard Albatros - Ensign), Science
Susan Johnson (Quertie Que - Lieutenant Commander), Intelligence ((Quertie Resident))
Hal Jordan (Captain), XO ((GreenLantern Excelsior))
Zania Turner (Rear Admiral), Comm

Rear (Left to Right): Holly Jordan, Gary Seven with Isis, Zania Turner
Front (Left to Right): Quertie Que, Sandra Lacrima, Evey Riley, Evelyn Rieko, Hal Jordan, Ev0lizard Albatros
Missing: Azure

Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant

RP NARRATIVE
===========

Willow Torres/Evelyn Rieko is sitting at the table with Evey and Holly Jordan, trying to convince Holly to go to Woodstock today. Hal's life depends on it. From what she could piece together, it seems that Holly has to have relations with a man at Woodstock today and she will become pregnant and have the baby that will continue the Jordan line down to Hal. Evelyn wishes they had more concrete info about who the man is and the time Holly should be with him, but they don't have that info, so they must do the best they can with the small amount of info they do have. She looked to Holly thinking that there may be problems for her when she has her baby. The problem is she will be a single mother from the indication that Hal has her last name Jordan and not his father's last name. That is not an issue in our time in the 25th century but in 1969, many will look down on Holly for having a baby out of wedlock. However, Evelyn does believe that this time period at the end of the 1960's with the hippie movement may be the point where things were changing. She just hopes Holly does not have a hard time, because she must go through whatever comes, once the timeline is corrected. She looks at Holly, "I'm glad you have a positive outlook on life, or seems like you do...and it seems like you don't care about what society thinks of you living in a commune and promoting peace and love. That's great Holly." Evelyn sees movement near the door just as the black cat jumps from Sandra's arms. She sees the cat jump into a man's arms that has entered the diner. The cat obviously knows him... and that cat seems odd and so does he. She can tell that they don't belong here anymore than Durant's away team does. She wonders who he is and why he is here. Maybe he is from the The Time cops..here to straighten everything out for them. She hopes so! She watches as he walks over to Sandra, and she sees Quertie come inside the diner following him. She waits to see what is going on and will approach them.

Nurse Evey Johnson/Evey Riley was looking at Holly's quietly drinking and at the Commodore trying to persuade Holly who appeared to have second thoughts, excited and reluctant at the same time. She looked to the side, Quertie seemed to have some sort of fascination with the cat that Sandra was holding now, it had been around them, if it wasn't a cat she would swear it was following then, more like spying on them . She smiled and stood up "just going to the newspaper vending machine. I'll be right back". She was sure she had coins this time. As she was walking to the door she saw a man entering the diner. He looked strange and very formal for this era. She grabbed the newspaper and started reading distractedly on her way back so Holly wasn't so suspicious and it could be good to know if something had changed. What better way to find out about it than reading the headlines. Her eyes sifted through the newspaper sheets.Nothing unusual in the headlines, just an article about the first day and second day of the Woodstock Festival and some highlights about the performances. There was also a mention that the main interest of the community is public safety so the police department is considering adding more security protocol, although there has been no violence, which is remarkable for a gathering of this size..."

Holly Jordan sat in the booth, looking around at the people in the diner and wondering at the strangeness of everything this morning. It seemed that she was the center of attention, and she was starting to feel a little cramped and uncomfortable. She enjoyed laughing and having fun with friends, but these people were only acquaintances, and they seemed to be a mostly humorless bunch. She was also feeling a bit irritated, maybe because the drugs had finally left her system. She looked at the "energy drink" that Evey had brought for her. Condensation was beading up on the sides of the glass, making her feel a bit thirsty. She pulled the glass toward her and sniffed it warily. It smelled great! She responded to Willow. "Years ago, someone told me something profound and I have never forgotten it. He said that if someone looks down on me because of the way I live my life. that's their problem, not mine. You're right, I don't care what society thinks of me or my friends or my living arrangements. I have my own opinions, but I don't need to talk about them in public. Right now I would like to go outside and get some fresh air, and I think I will take Evey up on the offer of this energy drink." She picked up the drink and left the diner.

Glowing Spirit/Sandra Lacrima‘s jaw dropped as the actually quite handsome, mature looking man approached her and confronted her with surprising accusations. She was prepared to equivocate questions of skeptical people of that era, but this man knew about Klingons and Federation which left her flabbergasted for a brief moment. Having been a bit overwhelmed with this situation, Lacrima was not quite sure if she should bring him to her CO as he had demanded or if she should lead him off to a quiet spot and stun him with her phaser and then talk to her CO about this encounter. She skipped the latter and decided it might be the best to *take him to her leader*, as he said. „Ugh… I so hate this place, I just want to go home..“ she mumbled a bit desperately before she addressed the cat owner: „Okayy.. Mister Seven, right?!“ she started calmly „well, I have no idea who you are and what you´re exactly talking about, but you seem to know way too much, so I think I'll bring you to someone who maybe has some answers for you.. follow me, Sir!“. She guided the man and his cat to Evelyn´s table and approached her „Umm… Willow?! May I disturb you for a brief moment? This is the cat owner, Mister Gary Seven and.. I think you should talk with him, he seems to know a lot about .. well… us.“ she said and stepped back. She stayed a bit to the side of and behind Mr. Seven and kept an eye on the situation, unobtrusively she let her hand slide into her purse and placed her hand on her phaser, just in case, though she knew this could only be the ultimate choice of defense in a place that public.

Gary Seven walks with the Hippie time-traveler to the table-booth, where he glares at the assortment, respectful but obviously annoyed at their presence. Keeping his voice low but clear he determines from the body positions and language who is in charge. Gary glares, "I don't recognize you, but you are federation? I am Gary Seven, and we have a situation. One moment..." he raises his servo to his mouth, asking "Roberta, any results on V2 or the Duct man?" A female voice chirps back "Not yet, still checking." Gary looks at his watch, then lets out a sigh of exasperated resignation and leans in. He addresses the apparent leader and the others. "Know that the mission I am on carries catastrophic consequences if not completed. ..The fate of Earth is at stake. At the Woodstock concert a specific person, a Mr Hill, must witness the Hendrix set, then go on to develop some helpful agricultural technologies. Our temporal path predictions suggest that if that set is missed, Earth will take a much darker path due to imminent food shortages. There is an impending fight that may soon take place that will cause the rock star to be arrested, and prevent Hendrix from playing. The Show Must Go On, as they say. An agent, Vee-2 was sent to preserve the timeline, but has gone missing. I have gathered Jimi is reluctant to perform without pharmaceutical aids, which A "Mr Nettles" was to provide. I need to track down this Nettles character and restore the prime timeline waypoint incidents. You must not get in the way of this mission. Apparently Nettles had a contact here in town who was to supply the drugs, a man he called "the duct guy," named Vandic. Have you run into anyone like that? Perhaps an HVAC servicer or technician?"

Azure: I've just discovered something new about the vortex and must tell Commodore Rieko. I enter the diner where some of the crew and that odd fellow, who now has a cat, are hanging out. I say, "Hey, Willow! I just had to tell you! I see some new cosmic colors in the tunnel to far out places. It's groovy! The times, they are a changin'." ((Hippie to science translation: Scanning the vortex, I've noticed that certain tachyon patterns have remained consistent. I didn't think anything of them until now. Those patterns have changed.))

Eve Angeles/Ev0Lizard Albatros: *I approach the door of the restaurant, I try to hide while I sniff, feeling how the strange smell becomes stronger, while I maintain our alibi by talking about art* this can be fresh air for our paintings...

Susan Johnson/Quertie Que opened up the back of her camera to adjust the machine. Like all the cool intel toys, this camera had multiple modes. Its default was to record holographic images, but it has a special mode called a stereographic holographic stream. It’s a micro “point cloud” that samples at eight billion points per frame and can create a 3D video of the area up to 30m in every direction. Amazingly, they can figure out how to fit almost one hundred and twenty terabytes. Quertie thought, “I can record all day with this thing.” She continued, “I should have thought about that earlier. This mission will be one for the history books. I’m sure the boys back at Starfleet History will love to get a hold of these records. I should have been recording from the get-go. Oh well, I'm continuously recording now.” Quertie sighed and continued, “It’s a shame, too. That Starfleet won’t get our records. No direct contact with HQ. I wonder if we could drop the record off in orbit someplace, then release the info at the right time,” Quertie laughed, “I’m sure science will have their reservations about that. What if they find the archive before Starfleet launches Voyager or our Pinastri contingent.” She finally placed the ancient book to her side after flipping through multiple pages, stood up, yawned a bit, stretching her arms high into the air as she slowly pulled on her tired muscles. The latest convocation that Doctor Johnson has given her has really made a difference, she remarked, “This might be the first time in days where I haven’t felt the need to steady myself against something. But I cannot wait to get to our normal time. As much as I love the doctor, I don’t want to be her continuing patient.” As I left the bench, I wandered around and up the stairs into the diner, where the rest of the crew had found a comfortable place to sit. That’s when I noticed that black cat in Sandra's arms. It had peculiar mannerisms. The cat wasn’t doing the head bumping that cats do to show affection. It was almost as if it was studying Sandra. Quertie noted, “The cat isn’t startled by loud noises in an unfamiliar environment. I’ll have to study the animal a bit further.” Quertie entered the diner and moved past Commander Rieko to the next booth so as not to alert the stranger to the association between her and the rest of the team. She looked around the room, and quipped “I wonder if any of this ancient food will kill me.”

Hal Jordan sat up on the biobed, feeling a little more healthy. Doctor Bennok was looking on, concerned, but he said nothing. Hal waved his hand around in front of his face, seeing the bones and tendons, blood vessels and muscles, clearer and more visible with every minute. He dangled his feet over the edge of the bed and looked at the Doctor. "I've been trying to think of a way to measure the percentage of my integration into this timeline, but I don't know of any sensors that could measure it. Subjectively, it appears that my hands are becoming more visible, but very slowly. I will conclude from that indication that the away team is having some amount of success on the planet. If Holly is able to meet the future father of my ancestor, then I should become fully integrated into the timeline again. As I understand it, Holly is supposed to become pregnant today, but we don’t know at what time. So, that might have some effect on me. I guess we shall see!" He smiled weakly, realizing that his fate was in the hands of the away team and basically dependent on a roll of the dice and random wind gusts and many other variables over which he had no control. He slid down from the biobed and walked over to the replicator. "Hey, Doc, I'm a little hungry. What do you think I could eat that wouldn't require the use of these hands?"

Zania Turner looks around and sees the CO talking to someone. She makes her way into the diner, hoping to be able to perhaps pull her away from the person that she was talking to as she had information that only the CO really needed to hear. She hoped that her presence while standing there would be a clear signal of that.

cont'd
Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant

Evelyn listens as Holly states how she feels about living her life as she chooses ,"That's great Holly, someone gave you great advice. Don't let other people make you unhappy, you can't control others' thoughts or actions but you can control your own and choose to be yourself and live as you please, doing what makes you happy.. Then the thought sneaked in (as long as what makes you happy is not hurting anyone.) She smiles knowing she had the habit of overthinking things at times.) She watches Holly take the energy drink and leave. Then she sees Sandra walking toward her with the strange man. She looks on as Sandra introduces him as Gary 7, and says "Thanks Glowing” then she looks to Gary 7. He glares at her and starts at her..telling her why he is here before she can ask.. which is good, but what a bad attitude. He is definitely annoyed and she is beginning to feel annoyed as well, and glares back into his eyes for a moment saying, "How do you know who we are? I remember reading something about you...I remember your name, Gary Seven on a list of names with very little information that we received in Command Development Training. What do you know about the Federation Starfleet?" He was not from Temporal Investigations for sure. Seeing his annoyance she decided to be sugary sweet to him, but found herself glaring back instead. She frowns at him, he is well dressed and very polished.. with a very nice voice that showed his sophistication and authoritative attitude that most would find seductive and intriguing, but not her, not when he was showing his irritation with her and her team.. with Starfleet! "I am a COMMODORE in Federation Starfleet. she replied in her authoritative voice.. demanding respect, then she said "Here you may address me as Willow.... " She paused as he spoke into something.. then she continued. "We are here on a very important mission to save the life of our crew member.. You will not interfere in what we are doing...Mr.. Gary 7, This is a serious and important mission we are on... " She stopped talking as he interrupted her saying what his mission was about... saying 'the fate of earth is at stake... catastrophic consequences.... earth will take a dark turn... He had said Mr Hill must pick up a delivery from the Duck guy.. Duck guy.. Vandic... Jimi Hendrix needed a delivery...if he didn't get it there would be a catastrophe. She followed what he was saying and it was getting terrifying. She stopped glaring at him and said .." Your mission is very important. Extremely important if it is true. Can you share anything with me to prove what you are saying is true?" Even though she asked for proof, she found she did believe him. She suddenly realized she knew one of the people he had mentioned, the duck man…the Duct man. " Oh there is a band called The Ducts, and the leader of that band ..I think he is the leader… anyway his name is Jack Van Dyke... that's who Mr. Hill is looking for. - She looked to Evey, then back at Gary, "The Duct man is Jack Van Dyke..we've all met him, right Evey? He has helped us before. I like him. I think he lives in the nearby commune...." she realized this man could be lying ... but she sensed the urgency in him and she believed he was telling the truth. She felt she should trust him.The fate of the earth depended on it. She would check with her Betazoid officer Zania to verify if she should. “We should work together Mr 7... Van Dyke is usually at Hippie Haven Commune." Then she saw Azure rush in excited about something, and Evelyn listened to her speak in code.. and nodded.. "That’s really cool ..Azure, we will talk more about it later.... We are going to help Mr Seven with his mission, which intersects with our mission.... and is extremely vital that we succeed. So we will work together." She looked to Gary, "Right, Mr. Seven?"

Evey heard what the man had told the CO. If they needed pharmaceutical aids, then in case they didn't find Mr. Nettles, maybe they could have a plan B and one of them become the new dealer in town and get some to provide Jimi. "Do you know what type of drug he was going to take Mr. Seven?" She shifted her weight from one foot to another, her body was tense and her mind was running. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of the black cat, it was purring and it was making her nervous so she stared at it with a slight frown. The cat stared back at her with curious eyes and she touched her hair as if she was fixing it so she didn't hear the noise while she waited for his answer. She was very concerned about the events that could happen on Earth, besides what Azure had said was very concerning, they had a lot of changes. She stepped back and tapped her combadge. She needed to check on Hal urgently. "Dr. Bennock, How's Hal? Any news? What do you mean with <his hand started reappearing showing veins and muscles and then changed the colour> "After a couple of minutes she shook her head. "No, I'm not sure that's related. I didn't think I'd say this but If it's still missing is good news. I don't think it is good if it reappears and changes, that could be... something else. "She listened to his answer. "He's better than you think. I think the hand appearing and disappearing with other colours and patterns just means a substantial change has been done. We don't know if it's positive or not, but he's alive and his skin is starting to be visible. Although there's something you should know. His face has shown some changes, his brow and his general look. He hasn't noticed yet and we don't know if this will be permanent. It's still him, in mind and body, but just slightly different." She sighed heavily. "I guess that has something to do with the fact he wasn't conceived under the conditions he had to or maybe is just a temporary cellular change as the timeline is readjusting. After all we don't know the circumstances of his conception but that wouldn't affect. So don't even worry him with those changes Dr. Bennock and keep an eye on him and let me know of any changes please." She chuckled at his answer and returned to the spot she was. The simple presence of the cat seemed to magnify her stress and she thought "I have a dog that would love to meet you and play. '' She shook her head again. What was taking over her? Why was she having those thoughts? She wasn't affected in this timeline. She wasn't related to this place, so it was impossible... well almost. She saw Quertie walking in the diner but she didn't approach. That was a good facade in front of Gary Seven. She was taken back by the Commodore's answer. She was very proud of her and she admired her personality, even when his personality was very strong too she had faced him and made clear she was in charge and he had to address her properly. She heard the question and nodded. "Yes, that's him!" She was a bit afraid at the beginning to mention Jack, and if he was the Duct man they had deleted his memory of the recent events, something it could have affected the future even worse and this guy seemed to be telling the truth, afterall, he had more information about the past and the possible changes in the future and there was no way he knew about them if he wasn't here to help, if he wasn't he wouldn't even appear here

Dr. Bennock tapped his combadge "I will Dr. Riley. I gotta go. Need to feed a hungry man with no hands." "Well XO my suggestion is Total Parenteral Nutrition." He started preparing a solution "based on factors such as your age and weight and considering your medical condition and recent level of physical activity, I'm gonna add a mix of nutrients and proteins, fats, electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals to this solution and insert an intravenous catheter into your vein, so you are not hungry"
He watched his face and twisted his lips to the side attempting to smile. "Or I can tell a nurse, or the EMH if you prefer, to give you mashed potatoes and steak, of course it's your choice. We have many methods... there is Mouth-controlled devices or even a nursery bottle. Tell me before I find your vein."

Holly stood outside the diner, sipping on the energy drink. It really did taste as good as it smelled. Her stomach had been a bit upset after the breakfast, but she noticed now that it was fine. In fact, everything was fine. The birds singing in the nearby trees sounded especially musical today, and the sky was a wonderful shade of blue. The more she drank from the glass, the better she felt. Was this... sobriety? If so, it was very nice. This was what the "normies" felt like every day. Holly realized that she had been only existing from one chemical high to the next. If this continued, she would be an old woman, childless and burned out, having accomplished nothing with her life. She took another sip from the drink and resolved to make a change. Maybe she could make it through an entire day without any chemical assistance. Well, nothing except the power juice in this drink. It was providing a good kind of intoxication, a special clarity that she had not felt for several years. She looked at the glass that Evey had given her. It was... different, in a way that she could not describe. She had not seen anything like it for sale anywhere. She looked through the diner's window, seeing the people inside conferring together. She raised her glass in a salute to them, then took another sip of the delicious drink.

Sandra sensed there was currently no threat coming from the man, so she slowly let go of the phaser in her purse and drew her hand back, casually placing it on the purse. As she intently watched over the conversation between her CO and Mr. Seven, she noticed the black cat looking back at her over his arm. Sandra knew it was absurd, but she had the impression the cat gave her a gleeful look. If this cat was as sentient and intelligent as her CO suggested, it would surely understand her when she would give it a matching reply – she grimaced and stuck out her tongue at the cat.

Isis studied the COMMODORE as she spoke, interesting female... lovely hair. She seemed arrogant, Isis thought as she listened as "Willow' gave them information they needed. She looked up at Gary and said "Meoww! Meeeow, mew, mew meow... meeeow." Then back at Willow. She had said, "Gary! We have the information we needed and should be on our way to find this Jack Van Dyke. No more dallying with these incompetents." She glanced back at her new friend, Sandra, and saw Sandra poke her tongue out at her... and she laughed inside, and showed her tongue back at the one called Sandra.

Agent Gary Seven pets Isis as a low growl raises followed by a spate of meows in response to Willow's words and tone. "There, there, Isis. No, the commodore is understandably reticent, we shall reset, shall we?" The cat gave a vocal "murr" of consent "Commodore, we absolutely must work together to restore the timestream, your information may prove very helpful. He lifts the servo again, turning a bit and speaking into it. "Roberta, try 'Jack Van Dyke', in Woodstock township, some sort of hippie commune. Tell him you're calling for Nettles. ...Any word on V2?" Roberta chirps back "Will do, and yes, good news, I think I found Vee-2, backstage at the concert site, in some sort of tent. He's not responding to comms though, I will send you transport coordinates." "Good work." replies Gary, and the servo beeps a bit then chirps to silence. He responds to the redhead in the pretty flower wreath "What kind of drug? The usual recreational Rock care package for this time period, Marijuana, Hashish, Peyote, Mushrooms, LSD, STP, amphetamines, Heroin. Mostly Marijuana, as I understand." Isis meows an addition and Gary adds "And Quaaludes, yes." Gary turns back to Willow. "Now, Commo...Willow? Do you know if your deviations have caused any symptoms yet? Items, events or people changing or vanishing for instance, please share them with me on the way. Will you accompany me to the Woodstock concert, you and your group? I must find out what has become of our agent." As he finishes his servo chirps with Roberta's Voice "Found Van Dyke, but there's a problem."

Azure: I nod to Gary Seven and say, "Since it appears that everyone is in on the joke, no more hipspeak. After hearing Evey's report about Hal and what Mr. Seven has said about deviations, I suspect this is connected to the changes in the tachyon patterns within the vortex. This is good for us. We can use the vortex as something akin to a temporal compass. Once the tachyon pattern has returned to its original state, we'll know that the future has been restored."

Ev0lizard: *intrigued by the smell, I can't take my senses away from the conversation, word by word, observing in silence* I think we have a new ally.

Susan Johnson: Quertie slowly picked at the food in front of her … she knew what it was, but she could only imagine the contaminants from this time going into her body, adding greases to clog up the arteries. Her stomach growled at her as this foreign food entered the system. She didn’t feel great eating it, but she knew she had to, to keep up appearances. As she continued to eat, she overheard the conversation between Commodore Rieko and Mr. Seven. As she listened, she noticed the cat leap from Sandra back to the man. Continuing that strange behaviour. Cats don’t jump from person to person, they always leap to the floor first. Something stable first, then power to lift from. Quertie wondered, “I wonder if there is sentience to the animal.” An exciting fellow from the records she read. Very little information about him. Oddly, Quertie was wondering if he was of German descent, Quertie laughed, “Not sure how it got into my mind.” As she listened to the Commodore, she used my camera to record the moment, placing it more on the table for a better sensor range. the scene before me. Quertie laughed as she said under her voice, “It doesn’t record olfactory information, but I’m not sure the team back in 24 would care for what is emanating from this place. Ewww,” as Quertie choked and gagged a bit, as some of the bacon, getting wedged as it went down. She started reviewing the intel information she had obtained earlier. She was curiously trying to find out what information my CO had that would cause her to trust such a man after meeting him only minutes before. “I must have missed something important in an earlier conversation. Clearly this man knows a lot more about this timeframe, if he’s talking about timestreams. Time manipulation wasn’t even a thing until Kirk and his team proved we could manipulate situations by moving an object as large as a whale through time. An interesting moment, for sure.”

Hal listened to Doctor Bennok wondering out loud how to supply food to a man with no hands. "If possible, I would prefer to eat like a caveman... with my mouth! I believe all of my teeth are still there. Mashed potatoes in an IV line probably wouldn't taste the same. My mouth is watering at the thought of steak and potatoes, with gravy and maybe some broccoli on the side. And for dessert, a piece of warm cherry pie with vanilla ice cream on top. I can't imagine eating a steak gracefully without using my hands, though. I'll bet I could order the replicator to deliver the steak already cut into bite-sized pieces, and could probably get it to whip up some kind of autofork delivery system. So, Doc, no intravenous feeding please." It was good to have something useful to occupy his mind, keeping his thoughts away from his impending removal from the timeline. If he could invent an auto feeder for use by paralyzed people, it would benefit Starfleet and he would be famous. But he had better work fast, while he was still able. He sat down at a console in sickbay and began giving orders to the computer.

=^=
Last edited by Sandra Lacrima on 240224.0838, edited 1 time in total.
Sandra Lacrima
Security - Lieutenant
Security - Lieutenant

MISSION IMAGES
=============

Evelyn Rieko, Commodore

Evey Riley, Lt. Cmdr.

Holly Jordan, 1969 resident

Sandra Lacrima, Lt.

Isis

Gary Seven

Azure, Lt. JG

Ev0lizard Albatros, Ensign

Quertie Que, Lt. Cmdr.

Hal Jordan, Captain

Zania Turner, Rear Admiral

Gary Seven: "I don't recognize you, but you are Federation? I am Gary Seven, and we have a situation.[...]”

“You’re interfering in my mission!” “No, you’re interfering in my mission!”

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”