RP and Logs

Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[03:23] Conrad Starsider: -I decide to check the boards to confirm that the bridge station is working, it seems the counsels were just powered down, I found that odd, if she was a manned ship-
[03:23] Conrad Starsider: -I do some more cleaning then go find something to eat-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

190331 1201hours
[12:01] Conrad Starsider: -once again in engineering the p[lace is like a tomb it has been so quiet for so long-
[12:02] Conrad Starsider: -I wipe down the chief engineerins office, as far as I can tell it is never used-
[12:07] Conrad Starsider: -I wipe down the engineering counsel with a dry cloth then I set it aside-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[03:45] Conrad Starsider: -I wake up and go to engineering only to find out those panels are also now blacked out, I go to the bridge and check- "computer status report" -it replies- "ship on power reserves, warp 1 heading set, all systems powered down, life support minimal, " -hearing that I can't help but wonder what is going on-

[03:47] Conrad Starsider: "computer how many crew are aboard?" -silence, then I get an answer- "one" -I frown- "Identify" -it replies- "Lieutenant JG Conrad Starsider"

[03:49] Conrad Starsider: "who is in command of the Thunderbird?" -it replies- "Lieutenant JG Conrad Starsider" -I think to Myself this makes no sense "computer, what is the posting for Lieutenant JG Conrad Starsider?" -again it responds- "engineering" - I think, well at least that is right-

[03:50] Conrad Starsider: -I start to get a headache so I sit down in the Captains chair to try and sort things out-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

the Mystery deepens

[17:21] Conrad Starsider: -I go to the bridge again and check the ships status, the computer rattles off that everything is online- "what in the blazes is going on here, computer, power on"

[17:23] Conrad Starsider: -the back panel comes to life as the computer starts rattling off what is coming online-
[17:27] Conrad Starsider: -I walk the panel- "sheilds, good, warp nacelles no damage, warp core -I check and it is at proper functionality- looks good, anti matter containment good -I furrow My brows- Hmmm this is strange, there is nothing wrong, except, no crew -I press the panel- "computer power down unessential panels transfer control to engineering" -the computer replies back- "unable to transfer Alpha Clearance required" -however it does power down the panels-

[17:28] Conrad Starsider: -I return to engineering to think-

[17:31] Conrad Starsider: "ok, next time I will check every deck again " -I sit against the wall and dozes off-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Day 11

[16:27] Conrad Starsider: "warning, Decks 3 and 5 decompressed and uninhabitable" -finally I get the internal sensors working and this is what I hear , I speak- "computer shut down turbo lift for decks 3 and 5 " -I don't want to make any mistakes "

[16:30] Conrad Starsider: -I have decided, I need to reconfigure the replicator in engineering to make food and water as well as parts, the bridge still wont let Me divert controls so I go to deck 1 and 6 and that's it, I think I am getting punchy as it has been weeks since I have seen another human being-

[16:32] Conrad Starsider: -with not much to do and working all day I return to engineering and lay down, ,falling asleep-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[23:37] Conrad Starsider: -still empty, I found the destination of the ship, and it is heading out of this quadrant and away from sector 001 as well, before that happens I have to disable the warp drive until I can get the ship under control, the crew have been go along time, but the computer can not answer why this ship has a crew of 1 so, step 1 will be to disable the cores, but how? one is a back up for the other if one goes down the other kicks in but still even trying to disable the one not in use the computer used 10% of warp power from the inactive core so what I am attempting can not be successful, I sit and ponder-

[23:40] Conrad Starsider: -I realize if I am successful there is a high probability the ship could jump to slip stream so, first things first- "computer take the slip stream off line and run a level 1 diagnostic" -there is a beep then the computer chimes in- "slip stream off line, running level 1 diagnostic time remaining 3 hours"

[23:47] Conrad Starsider: -now lets see- "computer Isoliner chip configuration on USS Thunderbird Slipstream drive" -it displays a hologram of what I asked, I walk around the table looking it over- "computer transfer to holodeck it is to be included into a program" "unable to comply simulation does not exist" -I nod- "I know that it will when I get there and give you the parameters just s tore this until I call it up from there" "storing" -I head to the holodeck, I hope-

[23:51] Conrad Starsider: "deck 4" -the doors close then a moment later open on deck four, I go to the holodeck- "computer prepare to run program" "required parameters" -I nod- "USS Thunderbird engineering, bring up the schematic I was looking at as well, wit the slipstream on level 1 diagnostic" -there is a pause, the doors open- "simulation running you may enter when ready" -I step inside-

[23:54] Conrad Starsider: -I work on the Isoliner chip idea and find a solution it takes the better part of 2 hours, I save then shut down the simulation then run back to engineering-

[23:56] Conrad Starsider: -I open the panel and remove chips 1,6,30 and 61 then I wait, the computer finishes the diagnostic- "slipstream is off line please see repairs needed before returning slipstream to online status" -I drop My head and smile- well thats 1 issue down now what about the warp engines- TO BE CONTINUED
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[03:26] Conrad Starsider: -after doing some research I walk over to the back up core and pull the secondary control panel I change the positions on 3 isoliner chips then reinsert the panel, I reroute power to the back up panel then quickly pull the main panel the computer chimes in- " secondary core off line transferring all power to main core, repair required" -I nod and walk back to the main panel thinking- ' one down, one to go'

[03:36] Conrad Starsider whispers: 'Lets see' -I key up the panels- "computer reduce all levels to minium, all decks except engineering, correlate with warp core power output" -I wait a second then the computer chimes in- " all systems powering down" -I smile and speak up again- "cp,uter drop out of warp so reparis can begin on secondary warp core" -I hope this works- "dropping to impulse please specify impulse speed" -I grin- "1/2 impulse"

[03:39] Conrad Starsider: "confirmed, 1/2 impulse" -I go to the main core and pull both secondary and primary panels, then go to the seconadary core and pull the back up panel-

[03:53] Conrad Starsider: "computer, warp one" -I wait- "unable to comply warp drives are off line" -I nod- "bring warp drives online, warp 1" -again I wait- "unable to comply there is an error with the warp drives" -I nod- "computer how long until the ship reaches it's destination at full impulse?" "one hundred and five years at maximum impulse" -I smirk- "computer will this ship arrive with the crew intact? " "negative" "then should this ship not head to the nearest starbase for repairs?" -there is a long pause- "affirmative" "then lay in a course for the nearest starbase" "at maximum impulse the nearest starbase is 30 days away"

[03:54] Conrad Starsider: "lay in a course for repairs, maximum impulse" "confirmed, course change correction initiated"

TO BE CONTINUED
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[09:12] Conrad Starsider: -at least now I am heading in the right direction, but, how to regain control of the ships command systems, I stand hands on the engineering counsel and think-

[09:13] Conrad Starsider: "so, warp drive the computer will redirect back to the old course, full impulse it will head to a star base, come on Conrad, think think"

[09:14] Conrad Starsider: "I would have to reboot the entire computer core,, I hope it does not come to that" -I strum My fingers in frustration-

--to be continued- sorry RLI
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[01:36] Conrad Starsider: -I woke with a start My eyes would not focus but, it sounded like the warp drives were back online- "what the hell" -I stand throw on a robe and exit My room promptly running into an ensign- "oh, sorry sir I did not see" -I look at her dumb founded - "as you w ere ensign" -for this early the hally way is not bustling but it not empty either, I go back into My room- "how can there be people when the ship has been empty for months?" -I ask Myself, I quickly shower and get dressed, grabbing My padd I head out-

[01:45] Conrad Starsider: -I exit the turbo lift and head to sick bay, I am still astounded at seeing life here I enter sick bay and see a 3rd shift Doctor- "greetings Doctor, I am not sure how I am feeling" -I explain to her what has been going on, she has Me get up on a table, runs some scans then tells Me I look fine return to Engineering or what have I and she will contact Me when she knows more, I hope off the table, pick up My padd, thank her then head out-

[01:46] Conrad Starsider: -while walking I read My padd- "hmmm, alright then" -the doors open on the turbo lift and I enter engineering-

[02:09] Conrad Starsider: -I look around and nod then focus on the people I know- "ensign Z’larr run diagnostic on thetractor emitters and array I will be with you in a moment"

[02:10] Conrad Starsider: -I look over at Newmann and Karblonski- "crewmen, get the drop ship into the repair bay as soon as I am done here I want to look at it" -they speak in tandium- "yes sir" -I nod- "dismissed"

[02:20] Conrad Starsider: -I walk to the table- Z'larr, Report" -I listen as He runs through what he knows so far- alright so lets align the tractor emitters" -I start punching up the emitter screen- "alright relase the emitters and hold them on standby" -as He does that I check and align the emitters-

[02:22] Conrad Starsider: "reengage the emitters" -I watch the screen as they come back online- "good now rerun diagnostic and a simulation to see how they do, I will be right back"

[02:25] Conrad Starsider: -I check with the rest of the engineering staff that is onshift, 3rd shift never was as full as 1st and second, of course those terms are from My past, now they use Alpha and Beta , every thing seems to be running well, which is always good, I return to Z'Larr

[02:27] Conrad Starsider: "Sir, all systems for the tractor beam are functioning, the issue seems to be resolved" -I nod- "simulations?" -He glances down then back at Me- "also showing nominal " -I smile- "good then return to your other duties Ensign" -He nods and heads off, I make a note in My log-

Assistant Chief Engineers log
the tractor emitters were out of align, which Ensign Z'Larr and I took care of, drop ship is being moved to the repair bay for a once over, went to Medical today I had the strangest dream and thought I should have it checked out.
all in all a quiet night

End Log

Return to “USS Thunderbird Mess Hall”