Personal Log - Daniel Jackson

danyeljackson
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Personal log 160203:

How do you polish a pip? It will need to look spotless. Because I'm joining the Thunderbird! I hope my cousin can make it to see my first day. But if he can't, I will make sure to send him a missive through his husband, who is the Thunderbird's CMO. I hope the Captain of the ship will look on me favorably. I'm so nervous!

But I need to breathe. I know my work, I know how to help. And that will need to be enough. I will be open to learning. Cousin Rodney made that clear. To be effective on a starship, you need to be open to new ideas and new skills.

Take a deep breath, Daniel. You will be called to the bridge soon.

I am ready.

End log
danyeljackson
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Personal Log 160205:

I felt awkward on my first day as Ensign. I kept trying to find my place, and not get in the way of those more experiences than me. I was glad to gather things for Cousin John, as it gave me purpose and something that I couldn't screw up.

I am doing my best to remember to call him Dr. Sheppard, but he's been Cousin John for almost my entire life. I hope he won't be upset if I slip up, I'll just do the best I can, and see where the flow of work takes me.

I don't know what to make of the rest of the crew yet, but they don't seem like bad people. And John wouldn't work for awful people.

End log

Return to “USS Thunderbird Mess Hall”