Acting Chief of Science Personal Log

adorman08
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=^= Initiate Log =^=

These past few weeks have been riveting to say the least. The images from the initial tour still haunts me. I am not sleeping well. I decided to test the follicles of a single strand of hair, just hoping for some evidence to this arising endeavor. Maybe some of the chemicals from the odorless gas will be present.

I have started with the single strand, placing it into a petri dish. Most practical way to detect damage or cell death for microorganisms is by exposing it to a suitable environment and determine if it can reproduce. If the temp goes up or down , so does metabolism. Diffusion rates! Chemical agents used to damage cells wall by blocking its synthesis, digesting it, or breaking down its surface. Some agents used to inhibit ability to reproduce and metabolize by inhibiting protein synthesis. An agent can bind to DNA and prevent both transcription and translation.

Most logical situation is to find the chemical response in this matter. Gaining answers to prevent further complications within the crew is crucial at this time. Will report additionally, once a response is established.

=^= Terminate Log =^=

Return to “USS Thunderbird Mess Hall”