Moderators: Drewski Northman, Siobhan Crystal

Njal Edwyn
Medical - Lt Commander
Medical - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Medical
Ship/Station Posted: USS Maxwell
Grid: Second Life

Computer. Begin Recording.

This is Emma King of the USS Maxwell, Stardate...uh…

Shi….wait...stop….oh!

Hope it didn’t record the part where I forgot the date….or this part….you know what, let’s just….

Ahem

Computer. Begin Recording.

This is Doctor Emma King, Lt. of the USS Maxwell, Stardate 210114….roughly. Probably.

Welp. We are never telling our mother about this but….she may have been right. Which--lame-- but, you know, whatever.

*sound of drink being poured*

Right. So. Medical is everything I wanted, but, if I have to admit something, it’s that there are moments that I do rely on my Vulcan half to kick in in stress. In my defense, it ALWAYS does. Or maybe I’m just built that way, Vulcan side or not. These ears aren’t TOO pointy, after all.

Anyway, apparently I’ve never attempted to use my vulcan half while flooded with adrenaline in a room with an Orion whose system was going critically out of control (not their fault, result of a bad encounter with a plant) while people walked in and out on my medical bay demanding answers when I’m in the middle of trying to save lives. Because I sort-of maybe, yelled at the XO a little to get her rump out of my medical bay.

Okay, that may be an unfair assessment. Answers were not demanded, and frankly it was me that was losing my grip on my own control, but I think we’re going to need to establish some sort of protocol for people checking on patients when we are in the middle of an emergency situation. I’ll bring it up with the CMO.

And yeah, mom was right. If you don’t practice….but we aren’t ever going to tell her I admitted to that.

In fact, I’ll probably just delete this log. Totally going to delete it.

Computer. End Recording.

Mark for removal.
Njal Edwyn
Medical - Lt Commander
Medical - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Medical
Ship/Station Posted: USS Maxwell
Grid: Second Life

Stardate 210224

I can't do this. Seriously.

I am an utter failure of a doctor. Two weeks! Two weeks and I feel no closer to the answer. How long before the crew decides to throw me out an airlock?

I will go down in UFS history as an utter failure of a doctor. It is a small ship, so I should have known that keeping Nora's status quiet...but what do I do? XO is acting for the time being, but is it time to call it? To say shi is the official captain until we can finish sorting this out? Can I quit? Is quitting an option? Maybe that's what I'll do. Or just lock myself in my quarters and refuse to come out until the problem just...goes away.

Alright, Emma, is that out of your system now? Are you ready to get back to work?

I can almost hear you saying that to me now. Next thing I know you'll be handing me a coffee and a PADD and making me sit down in the garden. Look at it from a different angle, you'd say.

What? Like Upside down? I'd ask, and then you'd say I was the worst part-Vulcan in history.

And then it would be over. Like letting the pressure out of a pressure pot and things just...calming down again.

I miss you, every minute of every day.

Alright. My big-girl panties are on again. Time to sort this out and do a proper medical report.

Return to “USS Atlas Archive”