JayceRebel
Operations - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Executive Officer|USS Maxwell
Ship/Station Posted: USS Maxwell
Grid: Second Life

Personal Log - Jayce Rebel
Stardate: 151225

*turns on the computer, hir hair disheveled from sleep. Shi is wearing a very floofy bathrobe and is nursing a cup of coffee*

Someone broke into my quarters while I was sleeping. I reported it to security, the funny thing? They didn't steal anything, instead they left a couple of presents and a tiny decorated potted Earth tree on the table.. *sniffs the air* It makes the room smell nice though. The presents contained this robe which is ridiculously comfy and an assortment of coffees, one of which I'm drinking now. I'm not sure who broke in but, maybe next time they can break in a vacuum all of the fur that the three of us leave all over everything. Oh, I stole a box of Twinkies from Te'ellis's stores. I left a trail of them from engineering to our quarters and sure enough Sandie showed up following them like bread crumbs and instantly passed out. Of course she was gone again when I woke up, but hopefully she got some sleep. I'm very worried about her, Auranum too. I'm not sure the specifics of his malaise, but I hope he gets better soon as well, I feel like I'm the only one NOT in some kind of crisis but I will always play anchor to my mates when they need me. That is what family is for isn't it?

Ensign Rebel - out..
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 151226

Saw Te'ellis in the hall today, I almost said hi, until I saw the look on her face. I quickly took a different hallway. She does NOT look happy. Might be a good week to eat my stash of rations instead of going to the chow hall. That tree someone put in our room is actually a real, living tree! I have no idea how to take care of this thing, but I don't want it to die either, it makes the room smell so nice. I wonder if the Captain knows anything about botany, I should ask her when I get a chance. I wonder if forests on planets smell this nice. I wonder what kind of plant it is. *makes muttering noises* Maybe I should just start researching this kind of stuff instead of talking to my personal log about them.

Ensign Rebel - out..
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160102

It was a quiet shift today. The XO seemed fairly preoccupied while on duty. I'd ask her if she wanted to talk, but I'm fairly certain she doesn't want to share her thoughts with the helmsman. It is a little amusing to watch her twitch every time Te'ellis comes around. It is almost like she sees something in the Romulan that she has tried very hard to bury in herself. I guess we all have things we prefer never came to the surface. We all have something to hide, the question is, will it ever really stay hidden? Sandie seems to be doing better, she slept for almost two days straight though. She still looks haggard, but she is recovering. I'm not sure what is going on with Auranum. He hasn't spoken much lately and seems to be lost in his own world. Like I said before, perhaps we all have something we won't share with others no matter how close they are to us. I had some problems sleeping when we swapped the cores. I kind of miss the thrumming of the old warp core, it was soothing in a way. I spent the better part of my life in a small ship with a warp core like the Maxwell had and it was always a constant background throb that eventually bled into the background until it stopped then you knew something was wrong. I had some spare time so for fun I took the COCTS exam via subspace and was surprised when it came back with a 93% grade. I guess that is one last thing to worry about in my career, wherever that will take me. *fingers the pip at hir collar thoughtfully* In five days I hit my three month mark as an Ensign. I've been told I will be eligible for promotion but I'm not sure if I'll qualify. I do try to do my best around here but there is still much to learn, I guess it will be up to the Captain to decide. I don't envy the heavy weight on her shoulders. Its amazing how such tiny shoulders can bear so much. I'm lucky I was assigned here, I have so much to learn from these people.

Ensign Rebel - signing off...
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160107

What a very interesting day this has been. The Maxwell is alive once again! We were also given some news that made some not very happy, we weren't going home... The Captain decided that we must investigate the gateway from whence the Romulans came out of. So straight and steady we headed in. The civilization we found on the planet on the other side of the gate was almost ancient. Somewhere around Earth's Egyptian period, around the time of the Pharaohs. I'll have to review all of the communication's logs but everyone that went down to the planet came back except the Captain. I was unable to go personally due to not being human, plus someone had to keep a transporter lock on he crew in case of emergency. From what little I can gather from the transcripts, the Captain remained behind to investigate further and Auranum stayed with her. I hope they both are OK, but Auranum, of course, didn't take his communicator so I have a lock on the Captain for now. I have a bad feeling about all of this, but I have nothing to justify these feelings. If it were me, in my old life, I'd go down with an armed security team and take them back from the locals but the Prime Directive is in effect and since I placed my lot with these people I must abide by their customs. I think I'm going to get with the Chief of Security and see about having tracking beacons sewn into the Captains clothes, especially if this becomes a common occurrence. *holds up a micro-transmitter* I'd say I'd put it in her shoe but she barely wears them to begin with. Anyway, all of us are watching closely and the XO is a tad agitated which I can not blame her for. We will get her back, I know we will.

Ensign Rebel - signing off....
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160114

Well we managed to get the Captain out of harms way only to find out we have the ability to screw up something royally and maybe destroy the galaxy. I wonder if the Doctor is distributing tranqs. Everyone, and I mean everyone is on edge for this one. I've been digging through the database we uploaded but its a fairly complex bit of programming and may be beyond my abilities to circumvent. One the one hand we have the Prime Directive in play to keep the population safe and on the other we have the ability to let loose a horror beyond horrors on the galaxy. I don't envy the Captain this decision, but as always we will do our best and follow her lead. She has yet to lead us astray, unless you count that time at the hot springs.... *eyes go unfocused at the memories* Anyway, I should get back to work on this database and hopefully find something we can use.

Ensign Rebel - out..
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160121

Do you ever have those days that end with the words "I never should have gotten out of bed this morning.."? That was definitely today. *starts ticking items off on hir fingers* 1. Incubator full of 30k plus doomsday machines. 2. Hostile native population. 3. Prime Directive. 4. Romulan battle fleet. How does one tiny science vessel end up in these kinds of predicaments? Its days like today that make you want to crawl back into bed with the people you love and care for, pull the covers over your head and pray to some deity to make it all go away. I don't know how the Captain keeps her sanity, or maybe its the fact that she is slightly insane already? Who knows, only the Goddess knows which way the fates will take us but I know one thing that is for sure, this crew will never give up. We may knock heads from time to time with each other, but what family doesn't? I've gone from being a slave on a courier ship with no one to call family to one big dysfunctional family in the space of a couple of years. I wonder if Te'ellis is still hiding that ale in the same spot she normally does. I think I'll go find out.

Ensign Rebel out.
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160128

Romulans and doomsday machines and explosions... Oh my.. I think that's how the old Earth movie went, with the names changed around. Romulans 0, Maxwell 2. I think that's the count. They have shot us, boarded us, threatened us and almost taken us out so yet we survive. Everyone on this ship is an old soul, a good soul, and a kind soul. We have managed to obtain what I would call the best of the best on this ship. I am reminded of an old Earth poem and I quote thus:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

~Dylan Thomas~

These are the voyages of the starship Maxwell. Its continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before. That is how the crew of the Maxwell live their lives. They live for the missions, they live for the challenge and they live for each other as family should.

LT (JG) Rebel out.
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate.... meh I don't know anymore...

Shore leave.. *hiccups* ... I found a nice lil bar downtown... People keep buying me drinks..

I saw Candi in a bikini... *hiccups* .. Yah know I'm taken but... merow...

*hiccups* Computer more rum! COMPUTER!!

zzzzZZzzZzZzZzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160307

I have been neglecting my logs lately. After the massive hangover and waking up hanging from the ceiling of our quarters with Sandie snoring on the floor, I'm not sure I want to know exactly what happened. The commissioning ceremony got to a lot of us. I know I'm the new kid still but the Maxwell has felt more like a home to me than anywhere else I've ever been, but of course the only other place I ever resided was as a slave on a courier ship. That seems like it was a lifetime ago. I saw an old Terran movie and I remember a certain quote "Good memories can save your life." and I heartily agree with that. *glances around hir quarters fondly* Before all of this, I was a tool to be used at someone's beck and call, and now I define who I am and make my own path in life. At first I joined Starfleet because I had nowhere else to go, no definition in my life of who and what I was anymore, and now..... Now there is nowhere else I would rather be. I've made a family here and I will do my best to never let them down.

Today, I got to fly the Maxwell faster than any Nova has flow before. Someone made the quip that it could now be considered a Super Nova and I fondly agree. We got the old girl up to Warp 9.94 and I got to show off a little bit in the process. Goddess I love my job. Although it was quite amusing to watch Te'ellis flail around on the bridge while I was pulling a few stunt maneuvers. I wonder if she will ever figure out who keeps having random chickens shipped to the Maxwell and placed in her pantry. Now if we can just get a little free time Sandie and I would like to have Nora perform our wedding on the Maxwell. We have put this off long enough. I wonder if I have to write a formal request for something like that... Anyway.

Lieutenant Rebel.... Out..
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Computer begin log..

If fear truly has a smell, it was present today on the Maxwell. The human crew doesn't seem to realize that the more non-human crew members can literally smell their emotions at times when they are high enough and today I smelled terror in it's rawest sense. Commander Coswell wreaked of the kind of terror that makes children run screaming to their parents room in the middle of the night. Which is an odd comparison for me to make since I don't have any parents, not was ever small enough to be considered a child. *shakes hir head stubbornly* This is besides the point. I've smelled that level of terror on slaves before, usually when they knew they were about to be beaten to death for something they did. At least the more mindless ones did. The smarter ones knew to hide their fear, for when the others smelled it, it was like blood in the water for others. Anyway I digress.. What I am trying to say is, that that level of fear inspires true fight or flight, and in the Commander I could almost feel her struggle with the two, and I think fight has won, because I truly am glad NOT to be on the receiving end of that look in her eyes when she calmed down finally. I think these Nabra.. Nabra.. Nabrawhatever they are, are in for some serious pain. Maybe I should brush up on them *looks sideways as shi touches a few keys on a side terminal and starts to read and turns a little pale around hir nose and ears* Ok maybe I should request a ship transfer..... If they do this kind of stuff to normal sapient individuals, what the hell would they do to a genetic mismashed ex slave? *shivers* I'll eat my own phaser before I go to that kind of place again. *sighs* I guess the next little bit is going to be interesting to say the least.. I wonder if there is any rum left...

Lieutenant Rebel... Out..
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160316

*looks speculatively at a hand written card in hir paw, one eyebrow raised in mild surprise and a bit of confusion*

Where did she get paper?? Although, her handwriting IS quite nice. At least she didn't write it in Romulan, I haven't learned how to read that yet..

*taps a console off screen and checks something*

Well, there is more than enough room in the holodeck's memory, I don't see why I can't. *gets a distant look in hir eyes for a moment and murmurs to hirself* I bet she misses her home... Computer, bring up any holorecordings of Romulus before it's destruction, send them to holodeck memory modules Charlie 113 through 118 and start compiling a rendering of these coordinates *inputs several figure into the console* Supplement all missing data with Starfleet Intel records using this authorization code *taps quickly on the console again* and remove database request using program Rebel Zulu 13. Bounce the Intel request through supplementary communications systems using low priority bandwidths. All non-accounted for images and blank spaces, shade in grey-scale for manual manipulation on holodeck 1. Encrypt program as "Coming Home 1" set authorization to Lt. Rebel and Te'ellis only.

*watches the readout on the screen for several minutes and nods*

I'm sure if I had a home to miss, I'd want to see it again too. Computer send a confirmation to Chef Te'ellis stating "Everyone deserves to go home."

Computer end session.....
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160408

Well Sandie made Lt. Commander. If anyone deserves it she does. She keeps making me salute her in our quarters.... I think shes been hitting the coffee again.. We encountered an interesting anomaly in a nebula. Musical compression waves coming from a planet. There is an away team blending in on the surface as we speak and hopefully we can find out whats going on. So much has gone on in the last few weeks that it is nice to get back to a regular schedule and back to what we were meant to do. I need to remember to work on a crew assignment roster for the crew quarters. There is always something to do in operations!

Lt. Rebel signing off...
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

Stardate: 160726

*sits in front of hir monitor staring off into space for a bit, another monitor off to the sides flashes scrolling computer code that causes the lights across hir fur to ripple with color in the dim light of hir quarters. In the background a light snoring can be heard and if one took the time to look hard enough a mount of covers could be seen on the bed with one white, elongated ear sticking out twitching occasionally. *

Computer.. Reminder.. Talk to the Doctor either about ear plugs or something for Sandie's snoring.

*hears a notification chime on the scrolling code on the other screen and scrutinizes it for a couple of seconds and smiles*

I was wondering when she would go to the holodeck. I really hope I got everything right. Computer end recording....
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell

Return to “USS Atlas Archive”