USS Maxwell Medical Log

Moderators: Drewski Northman, Siobhan Crystal

Nora Gerhadsen
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Chief, UF Starfleet Operations
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: Second Life

This area is for posting official logs by Medical personnel of the USS Veracruz.
DestinyVuissent
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

----^----
Medical Log, Ensign Destiny Vuissent
Stardate 150223

---------

Where to begin? Upon arrival on the Maxwell it was quite busy. The hustle and bustle of the crew moving past each other in a quick effort to get the ship going barely gave anyone a chance to breath. A lot of the systems on the ship were not online and this proved to be an interesting problem as none of the beds in the Sick Bay were working and the EMH appeared to be offline as well.

Upon arrival in the Medical Bay Cadet Petaline and I began to work on the sick bay beds in an attempt to get them working as best as we could. However our attempts to repair the Medical subsystems were momentarily thwarted by the appearance of a Klingon whart hog of some sorts. I believe it is called a Taarg. Upon further work on the medical subsystems we found that some how the EMH program had been replaced by a Klingon Farming Program from the Holodeck which momentarily replaced the EMH program. This is where the Taarg came in. I was quite relieved to see the little animal vanish once the subsystems were fixed.

We continued to work on the remaining Medical Beds and only managed to get one working by removing some spare pieces from other non functioning Medical Beds. We have parts for the rest of the Medical Beds coming within the next week or so. Hopefully no one will need any serious Medical Treatment in the meantime. If they do I have my Hypospray at the ready. Never leave home without it.

----^----
End Medical Log Report

---------
DestinyVuissent
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet
USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=A= Medical Log =A=
Mission Name: Learn to Walk Before....
=============================================

Stardate: 150302

Log Entry:
When I arrived on my shift I went to check the Medical Supplies that should have been sent to us and that we were in dire need of. I was pleased to see that the supplies had arrived. Among the items was a Trill Diagnostic Tool which I was pleased to see considering the number of Trills that we have on board. Another item among the contents was Styrolite which is generally used for transporting highly infectious specimen for transport. I will need to ensure that the Quarantine Field on the ship is working before using the styrolite. I also found that the Emergency Medical Hologram is still offline. Hopefully that will be remedied soon as the more medical tools available the better off the ships crew will be. It would be better to have an EMH and not need it than to need an EMH and not have it.

One other item amongst the Medical Supplies were Isolinear Chips which were required to get the Medical Beds working again in which Cadet Zuta installed. Once the Chips were installed we ran a diagnostics check using a small group of Nanites to see if they were working after being installed. Due to the tendency of Nanites having the tendency to become self aware the diagnostics test was ran in less than sixty seconds. Under normal circumstances I would not use the Nanites unless all other options had been exhausted however due to the need to ensure our equipment was working as it should be and to complete the Diagnostics Test as quickly as possible they were used.

Towards the end of my shift I received a report that the ships first Officer Commander Zapatero was suffering from Motion Sickness. This is a normal occurrence as in the first 2-3 days in micro gravity can cause this. Commander Zapatero was treated with some antibiotics to temper the Motion Sickness, however we will continue to monitor him to ensure that there is nothing more serious happening.

In Service
Ensign Dr.Destiny Vuissent
Medical Officer
USS Maxwell
DestinyVuissent
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=A= Medical Log =A=
Mission Name: Walk Like a... Ship.

Stardate: 1503009

Log Entry:
In route to Pathfinder we encountered what appeared to be an abandoned vessel. I was a part of the Away Team that went to investigate it. The ships interior looked a bit crude and as if it had been abandoned for some time. Lt. Commander Godric was injured while attempting to connect her pad to a remote interface which caused her to be electrocuted. Lt. Commander Godric suffered a mild concussion and some contusions on her hand at the insertion point of the electrical shock. The electrical burst entered her hand on the right side of her body so fortunately there was no damage to her heart. There was some nerve damage trailing up her arm from the insertion point of the electrical burst. A Dermal Reginerator was used to repair the burns on her inner palm. My Tri Corder was used to heal the nerve damage in her arm and repair any other tissue damage that was acquired during the Incident. Lt. Commander Godric was able to continue although she appeared to suffer from some dizziness from the concussion.

I received a report that the other half of the Away Team encountered a body and it was taken to the ship for an autopsy. In addition to the body that was found a woman was also found but suffered from congestive heart failure as well as multiple organ shut down. Due to interference in between the ship and the Beaming Point the woman was unable to be beamed up and placed in stasis before she could be medically healed.

Upon further investigation it appeared that the ship we came in contact with had been raided and stripped down. We are now back en route to Pathfinder. I hope there will be some nice food there.

In Service
Medical Officer
USS Maxwell
DestinyVuissent
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=A= Medical Log =A=
Mission Name:

Stardate: 150316

During our approach to Pathfinder we encountered a shuttle that appeared adrift. There was a sentient being inside the shuttle that was a human male who appeared to be in his early to mid forties. The male was brought on board and we began efforts to resuscitate the burn victim. The victim had burns which covered ninety percent of his body including his face. He displayed a low heart rate and his oxygen levels were low. An Oxygen Mask was applied to the victim to increase air flow and a Dermal Reginerator was used to repair the burned skin tissue. The burn victim was then transported to Pathfinder station.

By this time we had arrived at the Pathfinder station and was in Space Dock. We were all transported into the station where we received a very nice Reception. There was a lot of drink and a lot of food and a lot of relaxation. I have heard we may get a little shore leave during our stay here. I will go and have a look at their Medical Bay after our briefing in the morning and maybe take a look at their labs to see what types of research they have going on.

I will check on our burn victim later in the day to see if they are lucid enough to give us any further information about how they got there and what they were doing to place them in that shuttle that far out into deep space.

In Service
Medical Officer
USS Maxwell
DestinyVuissent
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=A= Medical Log =A=
Mission Name: Overhaulin Part II

Stardate: 150323

We departed Pathfinder to run some initial test to see if everything that was repaired was working. The ship shook a great deal but managed to hold itself together. During the testing an Engineering Ensign was injured. I am unsure why the area was not cleared once life support systems began to falter as we were undergoing test and could have paused the test but life once lost can not be recovered. Fortunately we were able to save the Ensign as he received a few burns and his oxygen levels were depleted. He gave me quite the scare.

Once he was removed from the area we were able to heal the burns and raise his oxygen levels. The Ensign gained consciousness once he was in Sick Bay long enough to ask me if the ship held together and if we the crew were okay. I assured him we were fine and the ship was still in one piece. This seemed to calm him and he was able to rest.

We returned to Pathfinder after the test for some R and R and it seems the crew received its first test as well as the ship receiving its first test. It is a learning experience that all of us should take note of.

In Service
Medical Officer
USS Maxwell
DestinyVuissent
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=A= Medical Log =A=
Mission Name: Almaya

Stardate: 150330

We entered the Almaya System to survey AlmayaII which had been previously recorded in our database as a desert planet. Upon our arrival we picked up a lot of indigenous life during initial scans. This seemed odd since there was nothing recorded previously in terms of life being on the planet. We beamed down to take a closer look at the planet.

It appears that there has been an acceleration of growth of life on the planet and this could have something to do with the protomatter residue that we found in the area. Our Science Team is currently investigating the protomatter residue. I recovered some soil samples from the lake we landed near upon our arrival as well as some plant life which I also recovered for study as well. The Captain ordered that we keep these specimen under careful watch while our studies are conducted.

We also came in contact with some of the natives and one of them threw what appeared to be some type of vegetable at us. One of our Officers were hit with it but appeared to be unharmed save some residue that was left behind when the vegetable burst upon impact. I would have liked to study the residue to see what exactly it was that was thrown at us. I am unsure if they saw us or just heard us but considering they landed a direct hit on one of our Officers with that fruit they must have. We beamed out of there shortly after this incident to regroup to find out in order to determine what to do next but we must find out what has caused this accelerated growth as well as who or what these natives are and we must do so while not violating the Prime Directive.

In Service
Medical Officer
USS Maxwell
Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Vice Chief of Staff
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ

=A= Medical Log - 1022152317 =A=
=A= Emergency Triage and Treatment =A=
=A= Dr. Luke SpiritWeaver - Attending =A=

=A= Medical Log Entry =A=
Patient: Nora Gerhadsen
Doctor: Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, CMO
Medical Diagnosis: Severe Radiation poisoning, Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
Triage Score: Red

=A= ATTENTION: MEDICAL EMERGENCY DECLARED ON DUTY. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS =A=
Emergency Response MO: Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, CMO
Medical Diagnosis: Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) due to extreme radiation poisoning

Notes: Computer noted Dr. Luke SpiritWeaver called medical emergency on patient: Nora Gerhadsen while on duty on the Bridge. Based on tricorder readings, patient had experienced SCA with no pulse. AED unit 014234 registered activation and placement on patient shortly after diagnosis. Two shocks were delivered at 1 minute intervals. NOTE: UNIT WAS SET TO LOWER VOLTAGE SHOCK BASED ON PATIENT'S SIZE AND WEIGHT. UNIT DELIVERED SHOCK AT SETTING SET FOR A CHILD. Tricorder and AED unit 014234 recorded faint pulse after second charge. Emergency Transportation Systems enacted a transporter lock on patient and transported patient and emergency response MO to sickbay for further treatment.

Medications Administered:
1.25 cc Cordrazine
AED Application unit 014234

=A= Sick-bay admission - In-Patient admission =A=
Attending Physician: Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, CMO
Medical Diagnosis: Severe Radiation Poisioning.

Notes: Patient was transported straight to sickbay after SCA incident notated above. Radiation levels shown extreme levels and high concentration in patient's blood. Medication administered to stabilize patient's vitals and begin lowering radiation levels. Patient has no observed issues or complications. Attending placed patient on IV drip of radiation medication and 48 hour observation.

Medications Administered:
1.75 cc Pulmozine
7.92 cc Hyronaline direct
2.25 cc Hyronaline IV drip per 2 hours > reduced to 0.50 cc Hyronaline drip after 12 hours > reduced to saline solution only after 24 hours.
8.52 cc Lectrazine

=A= End of log =A=
Luke SpiritWeaver, Capt, UFS
Vice Chief of Staff - UFS
Vice Surgeon General - UFS

Service Jacket: Luke SpiritWeaver
Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=A= Medical Log - Patient Treated for ship date 102215 =A=
=A= MO's in attendance =A=
Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, CMO
Destiny Vuissent, MD

=A= NOTE: HIGH LEVELS OF RADIATION DETECTED. ALL PERSONNEL WERE ADMINISTERED STANDARD DOSAGE OF L-HYRONALINE BASED ON BIOMETRIC DATA =A=

=A= NOTE: MEDICAL EMERGENCY DECLARED ON BRIDGE. SCA TREATED BY ES MO. PATIENT ADMITTED TO SICKBAY FOR OBSERVATION =A=

==============================

=A= Outpatient Treatment Log A001 =A=
Patient: April Coswell
Attending MD: Luke SpiritWeaver
Medical Diagnosis: Syncope due poor circulation
Triage Rating: Green

Notes: Patient stood up from sitting in chair, became dizzy and lost consciousness. ES MO responded and patient was revived naturally after a few moments. No injuries were reported other than mild headache from the fall. Patient released for normal duty.

=A= Outpatient Treatment Log L002 =A=
Patient: Luke SpiritWeaver
Attending MD: Destiny Vuissent
Medical Diagnosis: Minor concussion, syncope due to impact to head.

Notes: Patient was flipped over railing on bridge and landed striking his head on the ground. He was revived by ES MO and complained of a headache and some other issues. Patient was treated after duty-hours for a minor concussion and a cut to the eyebrow which caused blood loss. Patient was released 24 hour light duty for concussion.

=A= Outpatient Treatment Log J003 =A=
Patient: Jayce Rebel
Medical Diagnosis: Loss of blood due to "death" grip of chair by tail

Notes: Patient reported being light headed and ES MO's noticed pool of blood forming below patient. After incident, Attending MD treated for lacerations caused by a reported "death grip" on the chair to keep patient from flying out. Patient was released for normal duty.

=A= Outpatient Treatment Log S004 =A=
Patient: Sinbad Naiver
Medical Diagnosis: Syncope due to lack of O2 and Radiation Exposure
Triage Rating: Yellow

Notes: Patient colapsed during duty due to lack of O2 and radiation exposure while on duty. ES MO administered 2.5cc pulmozine and O2 mask in addition to 5cc Hyronalin. Patient returned to normal after that. Patient released for normal duty.

=A= End of Log =A=

Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=A= Official Medical Log - USS Maxwell =A=
=A= Luke SpiritWeaver, LtCmdr, CMO =A=

Chief Medical Officer Report, USS Maxwell
160507:

Notified of a medical emergency on Pinastri at 1010 Maxwell ship time. Headed over and was assigned as a triage doctor. Because of the mass number of injuries it was a simple process, the teams in the field did the triage and if they were a priority, we took them in the medical tent set up by the triage points. We had several officer pass through the tent including some flag-level officers. They were stabilized by myself and any MO that could assist and then sent to a ship that was open.

Maxwell sickbay was put into trama center mode, accepting patients who were flagged Red or high risk yellow. All other displaced individuals were moved to the shuttle bay to await treatment. I am still going through all of the medical files and making sure everything is documented... the speed of which everything occurred was mind blowing.

While waiting for more patients the ground started to rumble. We were notified to evacuate the area immediately. Lt Sinbad came to me however and said he found two more patients near the closest. We were able to beam them out to the Maxwell and I followed along. Once I got onboard the Maxwell I was pleased to find Ensign Yaria already working on patients and making sure the most critical were taken care of. I made my rounds and released Commodore Cheryl as she had recovered from her injuries. Vice Admiral Binder is still unconscious in our sickbay, I have her on constant monitoring but she is improving slowly. Commander Portlant and Lt Blackheart were released from sickbay to the USS Thunderbird for continued treatment by Dr. Sheppard.

We will keep Maxwell sickbay in trama center mode until all Red / high risk yellow patients are treated, then change back into a normal sickbay and continue the treatments. I have Ensign Bit administering medication to assist with the damage caused by smoke inhalation and Ensign Yaria is doing treatments of patients both in sickbay and in our shuttle bay.

I have completed my KIA report. I am sending it to fleet now... The bodies have been collected on a holding ship... The morticians will have their hands full prepping final rights and passage... One name that stood out was Chey's name.... She had just transfered to Pinastri.... May she find Mac and they go on. I am attaching my full report.

//SIGNED//
Luke SpiritWeaver, LtCmdr, CMO
USS Maxwell.

=A= End of Log =A=

Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=A= Official KIA List - USS Maxwell. =A=

Date: 050720161630
ME: Luke SpiritWeaver, CMO, USS Maxwell

=A= Doctors note: =A=
After a strange event on the Pinastri colony, we have evacuated a total of 100 personnel onto our ship... These included traige colors Green all the way to Black for processing. The following list is of crew who were classified as Black, or were pronounced KIA in the course of treatment / triage.

=A= Killed in Action =A=

PFC Mae Lucas
Mrs. Marion Pearson
PFC Dolores Gray
PFC Daisy Phillips
Ensign Isaac Logan
Ensign Cheyanne Godric
Lieutenant JG Alicia Higgins
Mrs. Desiree Walton
Miss Rachael Mason
Mr. Domingo Burgess
Ensign Jean Mckenzie
Lieutenant George Wilkerson
UFSMC Captain Johnny Greer
Ensign Franklin Carpenter
Ensign Jorge Dennis
Mrs. Angelina Martinez
Mrs. Janice Chavez
Mr. Roland Sanders
Mr. Edgar Moreno
Ensign Cassandra Tate
LtCmdr Donnie Ward
LtCmdr Glenn Gilbert
Lieutenant Courtney Taylor
UFSMC Major Lora Jennings
PFC Rene Haynes

I, Luke SpiritWeaver, medical examiner have completed a basic autopsy on all individuals listed above and filed a report with UFS Medical and have changed their status in the system to Killed in Action. Their bodies have been transfered to a holding ship where we are collecting the deceased for proper burial.

I, Luke SpiritWeaver, certify the results in this report are as accurate as possible and without biased judgement or skewed logic.

<<digitalSig 6af$badf$bhrf*!45Jg3%>>
//SIGNED//
Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, LtCmdr
Chief Medical Officer,
USS Maxwell.

Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=A= Official MIA List - USS Maxwell =A=
Date: 050720161630
ME: Luke SpiritWeaver, CMO, USS Maxwell
Reporting Officer: T'Ri, MO, USS Maxwell

Attached is the official Missing in Action list for the USS Maxwell. These individuals have not appeared on the holding ship for KIA personnel and are not accounted for on all other ships in the fleet.

Listed Maxwell Crew MIA

1. Quiana Candelaria, Lt - Security
2. Theressa Canty, Lt Cmdr - Security
3. Jacqulyn Mcgregor, Ens. - Science
4. Karlene Scherer, Ens - Ops
5. Julieta Varney, Ens - Ops
6. Venetta Dugger, Nurse - Medical

I, T'Ri, certify that the results in this report are accurate and have been cross-checked with all other ships for John / Jane Doe individuals. I certified the content of this report and have forwarded to the Chief Medical Officer for approval.

<<digitalSig65J&$%@fgal$4423Fj1#$>>

I, Luke SpiritWeaver, certify the results in this report are as accurate as possible and have been cross-checked with all other ships for John / Jane Doe individuals. I have also cross referenced the report received by me and validate that they are a true representation of MIA status. Their UFS Medical DB entry has been updated.

<<digitalSig 6af$badf$bhrf*!45Jg3%>>
//SIGNED//
Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, LtCmdr
Chief Medical Officer,
USS Maxwell.

Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=A= Death Report - USS Maxwell =A=
Date: 051220161855
Reporting Officer: T'Ri, MO, USS Maxwell

I, T'Ri, certify that it is determined the cause of death for Patient, Arram, was due to severe injuries sustained while the shuttle received heavy damage. The individual could not be saved due to lack of medical personnel. Time of death Stardate 051120161738 I certify this report to be an accurate report from tricorder readings and I have forwarded to the Chief Medical Officer for approval.

<<digiSig: 50cPxrJZA7Bk9opto3Kl>>
//SIGNED//
T'Ri, MD, Ensign
Medical Officer,
USS Maxwell.

=A= Chief Medical Officer's Note: =A=

PENDING FORENSIC ANALYSIS AND INVESTIGATION:

Based on the events of several days ago and the line of work Mr. Auranum and possibly college were involved in, I am unable to sign over the body until a full autopsy has been completed and forensic analysis has been completed on the shuttle. I will file a seperate report with the data.

As far as the initial death report filed by Dr. T'Ri I approve the data from an initial investigation standpoint. Time of death appears to be accurate and will complete more information.

<<digiSig: ffaKDs1SMJWjsRLwHxQv>>
//SIGNED//
Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, CMO
USS Maxwell

Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=A= Forensic Autopsy Report =A=

---Information---
Medical Examiner: Luke SpiritWeaver, MD, CMO
Ship: USS Maxwell*
Date of Autopsy: 051220162017

*note: USS Maxwell rescued damaged shuttle, death did not occur onboard the ship.

---Patient Information---
Name: Arram (no second name on file)
Home: UNKNOWN
Classification: UNKNOWN
Time of Death - 051120151738
Cause of Death - internal hemorrhaging & suffocation caused by punctured lungs / bodily fluids filling air sacks of lungs.
Classification of Death - Unrelated to Pinastri disaster.

--- Autopsy Details ---
=A= Computer recording... =A=

I am doing a general overview of the body, nothing out of the ordinary. I see no signs of foul play nor do I see anything that would cause death before the blast on the shuttle. Based on the information provided the individual was alive until their shuttle was attacked.

I am now opening the chest cavity, I am seeing several ribs broken, three of which have punctured the lungs in various places. one of which went through both sides of the lung wall... After further investigation it is apparent that the lungs have been filled with his blood. Based on cell degeneration and clotting, it is safe to say this was a main contributor for the individuals death.

Upon further investigation I have found that the patient's brain had swollen to almost double it's size. Also I am showing internal damage and ruptures on several key organs. It appears that the shockwave did more damage and it appears their position in the shuttle didn't help.

Without going into further detail, I can say without a shadow of doubt, the cause of death was the attack / shockwave / damage on the shuttle and was not caused before.

I certified the above information and am submitting it to security for their records and also into the database for tracking.

<<digiSig: 0MJj9sNCeN7zDo3Zn7RB>>
//SIGNED//
Luke SpiritWeaver, MD
Chief Medical Officer
USS Maxwell.

Luke SpiritWeaver
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=A= Medical Pathogen Report =A=

Name: - Hellminthic Piretitis
Common Name: - Kpertik Plague
Vector - Water, bodily fluid
Lifespan (w/o a host) - 24 hours as larva, 48 hours as adult
Lifespan (in hose) UNKNOWN (till death of host)
Type - Parasite
Method of infection - drinking water, skin pore absorption, open wounds, contact with infected individuals
Damage - Seeks out healthy cells in the body and starts destroying them for nutrition.
Symptoms - Fever, sores, puss / blood filled blisters, nausea
On full On-Set - organ failure, death
Reproduction - self reproducing (egg based)
Number of Eggs in each cycle - 10,000
Hazard level - RED

Required HAZMAT equipment - Full EVA and sterile lab locations. NO SAMPLES TO COME ONBOARD STARFLEET VESSEL AT ANY TIME!

Notes: Elevated temperature causes the body to become the perfect breeding ground, causing the rate of infection and degeneration of host cells to increase.
Fever caused by the cells vibrating at an increased rate during the infection caused by the parasite due to the fact that inhabitants of Kpertik are reptilian in nature and natural fever is not possible

Time Frame:
  • 0-10 minutes - no symptoms
  • 10 - 20 minutes - mild fever develops
  • 20 - 60 minutes - Fever develops rapidly, patient feels tired and sick to stomach
  • 60 - 180 minutes - Fever at peak, blisters develop between 60 and 90 minutes, puss fills them and skin become red and pealing.
  • 180 to 300 minutes - Patient is in full infection. Blood filled puke. Blisters initially full of puss, but turn into blood.
  • 300+ Minutes - Patient is dying rapidly. Heart rate is sporadic, lungs are filled with blood from holes and probably are collapsed. Patient looks like skin stretched over bones after a prolonged period.
After infection - Skin will be dissolved and a puddle of goo will be where the body was. The only thing left will be bones. The goo is VERY infectious which is why the water is infected.

Cause of death - organ failure, drowning, brain degeneration.

***Credit goes to the following members for collection and ((creation)) of data:
Candi Quick, Lieutenant - Science
Bit, Ensign - Science
Dr Luke SpiritWeaver, Lieutenant Commander - Medical
Dr Yaria, Ensign - Medical
Dr T'Ri, Lieutenant Junior Grade - Medical

Return to “USS Atlas Archive”