NCC-21873
=A= Operation's Log =A=
Mission #16: Core Issues
=============================================

Stardate: 150611
Location: Interior of Planetary Nebula Hapke 41A, in the Hapke Cluster

Log Entry:
Alert Status: yellow

Maxwell is still in that planetary Nebula, The Science teams are searching for causes of the missing core and life sciences are looking at that life form we found. I am watching both helm and Security consoles tonight as our tactical officer has been assigned other duties. I have slaved the phrases to a point defense program to destroy any debris that enters the assigned safety perimeter. I spent most of the shift dodging large debris and moving from orbit to orbit as needed for the science investigation.

In Service
LT Commander Mackenzie Godric
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
Mackenzie Godric
Intelligence - Lt Commander
Intelligence - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Fighter Pilot | USS Banshee
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

United Federation Starfleet
USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=A= Operation's Log =A=
Mission #17: Your Presence Is Requested

Stardate: 150615
Location: Interior of Planetary Nebula Hapke 41A, in the Hapke Cluster

Log Entry:
Alert Status: Green

Maxwell is still in that planetary Nebula but we are preparing to leave for Hapke 112, as we were preparing to leave the captain suggested we ease out by matching speed with the expanding shock wave and then slowly accelerating to over take it. This worked well with almost no turbulence. Minor adjustments to course and speed were required to to meet escape velocity but the ship made it though with no issues.

Wile on course to Hapke 112, We received a suspace call from Capt Randt of the USS Veracruz requesting our assistance with in Krenim Imperium space to investigate the disappearance of USS Karakoram and her crew. With in Minutes of the transmission Capt Gerhadsen ordered a course change for the Krenim Imperium space to rendezvous with the Veracruz.

In Service
LT Commander Mackenzie Godric
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
JayceRebel
Operations - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Executive Officer|USS Maxwell
Ship/Station Posted: USS Maxwell
Grid: Second Life

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=
Mission Name: Fugitive Friends

On Stardate 151011 @ 1118 The prisoners and all related records were transferred to the Goddard and taken into custody by Captain Singh Maxwell.
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=
Mission #35: To Be Or Not To Be, Part 2

Stardate: 151023

Log Entry:

There is a good deal of damage that needs to be repaired after playing colony shield. It seems that the Doctor that was taken into custody had sabotaged the energy shield generators and left a sizable hole over the colony. With the super nova imminent, it was decided to “plug the hole” with the Maxwell. After running the necessary calculations I parked the Maxwell over the hole in the shielding to provide maximum scattering of the impending devastation. I barely had time to pay attention to anything else when the shockwave struck. It took all of my concentration to keep the Maxwell parked over the damaged shields as well as monitor everything else going on. I had to take life support off line and reroute the power to the warp core containment and the crew suffered for it. Casualty reports came in from almost every deck. Thanks to the ingenuity of the science officer, the Bussard collectors were able to augment the shield energies and therefore I was able to reroute shield power to life support. Everyone was sick from radiation and lack of oxygen, but the Maxwell managed to hold her post and protect over 100,000 colonist from a very horrible death. We are going to need to go over every inch of the ship, who knows what that much radiation has done to her.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=
Mission #36: Warp Gore Breach

Stardate: 151101

Log Entry:
Alert Status: Orange and Black

.........There were zombies.....*shudders*

That is all... *hides in the closet with hir blanket*

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=
Mission #37: Untitled

Stardate: 151105

The Maxwell has continued on her survey mission and has encountered a friendly colony who has invited anyone who would like a little R&R time to come down and partake of their facilities. Most of the bridge crew, with the Captain leading the way, took the opportunity for some much needed relaxation. Engineering crews were tasked with replacing worn EPS conduits and running all of the diagnostics that normally have to be put off favor of keeping things running. All systems look to be in the green as well as the crew's spirits.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=
Mission #38: Surveyin'

Stardate: 151112

The USS Maxwell has traveled toward the Wolf-Rayet star at warp factor 8. All systems were nominal untile science reported an abnormality in their sensor readings. While approaching the star, the ship encountered minor gravitaional fluctuations as would be normal for such a thing. Power flow to the inertial dampeners was reinforced as a precaution. Science reported an abonormallity in their readings and coordinates were corrected to investigate. Once the course correction was completed all gravameteric distortions ceased. Once the Maxwell was close enough a class I probe was launched to investigate. (Operational note, remember to have the class I probe replaced once we are near a starbase). Other than the abnormality, operations is running smoothly. The science team and the Captain all seemed very excited by what they found, but I'm sure that will be reported in the science logs.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=
Mission #39: No One Expects the Tal Shiar!

Stardate: 151119
Alert Status: Red

The Maxwell has sustained massive damage from Romulan attack. We have no shields, no warp core, and barely have life support. The deflector is damaged, most of the weapons don't work and we are down to manuvering thrusters only. Most of the crew is in just as bad, or worse shape. The Maxwell is in a steadily decaying orbit around Wolf-Rayet. We have about 35 days until the orbit decays far enough to destroy the ship. We will have to find a way to save her before then or evacuate. Power flow (what little is left) from the generators and the solar sail has been stabalized, but there really isn't anyplace to send it other than to keep life support running and to the thrusters to keep us in orbit. Damage teams have been sent to the worst spots first to start repairs.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=

Stardate: 151203
Alert Status: Yellow

I've managed to keep the Maxwell in a stable orbit and with Lt. Quick's nimble mind, we have put together a type of solar sail auto pilot for the ship. We have swung around to the warbird and have started salvage operations on it to see if we can get the Maxwell flying again. We are down several crew members and eventually we will have to take time to grieve but not today. I've gotten a list of items salvaged so far and will need to enter them into inventory just as soon as time allows but right now, we have more important things to accomplish. All systems except for life support and thrusters are off line but we are managing. We managed to replenish our food stuffs with Romulan E-rations but I think we will all soon get sick of them, they smell horrible. I'm not sure even Te'ellis can make these things edible. I'm not sure what the Captain has in mind, but I've learned to trust her judgement and I'll stick by her decisions. Repairs are going as fast as they can with the minimal manning we have but we will pull through.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=

Stardate: 151210

After a lot of fancy flying and a LOT of work by the crew of the Maxwell, we have transferred the warbird's drive to the Maxwell and Lt. Blackburn has gotten it hooked into our systems. We are running on about 25% power, but it is enough to get life support back up to nominal and to tow the warbird away from the gravity of the star to a distance of 2 AU. We even managed to get water reclamation back up and running and everyone should be able to enjoy a nice hot shower for once. Spirits are improving aboard but there is still a lot of stress. So far we have minimal shields, no phasers, 1/4 impulse and internals are spotty at best. I also have a crew working on translating the Romulan database with the help of Te'ellis.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=

Stardate: 151217

Another scavenging mission. We pretty much had to gut the whole warbird. We managed to salvage conduit, optic cables, EPS relays, EPS conduits, and torpedo magazine rails. We managed to get the nacelles on the warbird cut free and tractored over to the Maxwell and put into place. The cadet had an interesting idea that may have worked if not for a glitch in the transporter systems causing the nacelle to spin in space. I think I've spent more time in an EVA suit than I have ever. It is starting to smell a little in here. Anyway, power flow seems to be in the green, although I'm not sure if the translation matrix is converting the Romulan computer code correctly. I'll have to run a few more analysis on the program to be sure its reading everything correctly. So far, so good, if we can get these nacelles in place then we may may it home finally. I think Starfleet is going to have kittens though..

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=

Stardate: 160107

Operations report 160107 start recording.

The Maxwell is now buttoned up with a new warp core and new nacelles. It has taken many many days to complete everything and we are still not sure if we will be able to go to warp and if we do, just how fast we will be going. I've been working on the translation algorithms in the computer core to better interface with the Romulan's database and the Romulan components we installed to get everything working right. One of my issues is that the charge rate for the batteries far exceeds the recommended specs for them and we are getting serious temperature variations in the battery banks. Sandie and I have put our heads together and have modified the incoming flow to the battery banks to match what they are rated for better and have shunted the left over power to the singularity itself. At least we HAVE someplace to shunt the extra power, the batteries weren't going to handle that high of a charge load for very long before melting to slag. On the up side, every capacitor in the ship is fully charged and ready for action at a moments notice. It is kind of like being in Yellow Alert all of the time. I will get the operations crewmen to run battery load and discharge tests on the battery banks to make sure no lasting damage has occurred. When we get back to space dock, I may see if I can scrounge up some of the newer batteries that can handle more of a load than the ones we have now. Right now all power systems are running at 118%, and that is with the excess being shunted back to the singularity. It is kind of like Sandie drinking coffee, you can almost feel the Maxwell vibrate with the extra power.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=

Stardate: 160114

Operations report 160114 start recording.

Well we found what the Romulans were after. Its a doomsday weapon hatchery. There are around 30,000 doomsday weapons ready to hatch and destroy the galaxy one piece at a time. I managed to get the database from the hatchery translated and uploaded to the Maxwell for further analysis. From what I can tell, anything we attempt will activate the self preservation subroutine in place and cause all 30,000 of the little planet destroyers to hatch. We are going to have to figure out something and quickly before the Romulans come back. I've been tinkering with a computer virus to maybe work around the self preservation subroutine but I'm afraid that if it's detected, it will activate the hatchery program. This may take more skill that I have but I'll keep trying.

In Service
Ensign Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=

Stardate: 160128
Alert Status: Green-ish

Operations report 160128 start recording.

The Maxwell, after many trials and tribulations is finally working her way home. We've been battered, beaten, abused and used and we are still moving on. Systems are still wonky with the new core. We are going to need some real time in space-dock to iron out all the kinks. We should be there in a short matter of time. I'm going to miss being on the old girl but I think everyone is in serious need or some R&R. Ensign Kent has taken over communications leaving me more time to concentrate on the computer systems as well as the power distribution systems and flying. I guess one less thing to worry about. I'll have to keep an eye on her until she settles into the job. I've been working close with Sandie to make sure we don't blow out anymore power relays on the ship. I have operations teams working with her engineering teams to work out the best way to keep power distribution from blowing up the batteries. I'll have to see what I can scrounge from Pinastri when we get there. I think a celebration is in order and a few people there owe me favors. I wonder if I can import one of the Captain's native "pets".. Note to self check on this.

In Service
LT (JG) Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell
JayceRebel

USS Maxwell
NCC-21873
=^= Operation's Log =^=

Stardate: 160211
Alert Status: Green-ish

Operations report 160211 start recording.

There is a Chief of computer operations on the Maxwell trying to "update" the computer systems. He keeps trying to take copies of all of the databases, ALL of them. I finally had to sic Te'ellis on him and tell him that she was the "Romulan Ambassador". That kinda shut him up, that and I threatened to remotely erase all of his holoporn. People need to mind their own business. Some of the stuff we acquired would not be good to have as common knowledge. I guess I'll just sit here and watch him like a hawk. I wonder if I can talk Te'ellis into bringing me a sandwich or something, I'm going to be here for awhile..

In Service
LT (JG) Jayce Rebel
Operations Officer
USS Maxwell
UFS Chief of Operations
Chief Operations Officer
XO USS Maxwell

Return to “USS Atlas Archive”