USS Veracruz Engineering Log

Moderators: Aryela Dagger, Kinney Randt

Moonprince Rhode
Engineering - Fleet Captain
Engineering - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Chief Engineer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life

Fleet Captain Rhode-Randt walked into his office feeling more tired and cranky then he had in felt in a long time. Before Crewman Bair could even speak Moon pre-emptively shut her down by barking "NOT ONE WORD CREWMAN UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO STUFF YOU INTO A QUANTUM TORPEDO AND FIRE YOU OFF INTO SPACE!"

Moon walked to his side of the desk and dropped the padd he had been carrying so it rang loudly when hitting his desk.

"I don't know what kind of engineering team the Chief Engineer of the Durant is running but if you think things like the crap you just pulled will be tolerated on this ship, you are sorely mistaken. " Looking down at his padd, Moon continues. "Since your transfer here 3 months ago there have been several complaints made against you not just from other members of the engineering staff but from other departments for being rude, insubordinate, and argumentative."

"Now not only do you have the audacity to assault a superior officer, you had to go for broke and do it on the BRIDGE INFRONT OF THE ENTIRE ALPHA SHIFT BRIDGE CREW!!!!!"
Under the Starfleet code of conduct attacking a superior officer is grounds for a court marshal and separation from Starfleet. your actions are potentially grounds for removal from the Starfleet and time spend in the stockade."

Moon paused to looked the young crewman in the eyes "By all rights I should have your behind thrown into the brig and put before a tribunal board.....But my Vice Chief, the man you just attacked, seems to think having you kicked off my ship and thrown in the stockade would a waste."

Moon shakes his head in frustration at his VC, "For the duration of the current crisis you will be confined to quarters while not on duty. Once the current crisis is resolved, you will be confined to the brig for a period of 3 weeks. Once you are released from the brig you will be assigned to work directly under Captain Syntron as his assistant. And if I hear of ANY issues after you leave this office I WILL HAVE YOUR behind TRANSFERED TO THE NEAREST PRISON COLONY SO FAST YOUR HEAD WILL SPIN!!! Am I making my self clear Crewman Bair?"

Moon could tell Crewman Bair had a lot more she wanted to say but she forced out a "Yes Sir."

Moon ordered the crewman out of his office and as the door shut behind her he sat back in his chair and sighed. "I hope you know what your doing blue boy. She is not going to make this easy on you."

End Log

The only constant in the universe is change.
Zimri Zapatero
Operations - Captain
Operations - Captain
Duty Post: Vice Chief Engineer

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=/\= Engineering Log =/\=

*** Computer, Begin Engineering Log, Stardate 221109, Authorization Syntron Beta Delta Omicron ***

*** Acknowledged, Proceed When Ready ***

The word around engineering is that we encountered a "Talaxian Karen" the other day. I am not too familiar with the reference being made but this "Karen" creature appears to be highly volatile. The Captain of this Talaxian scout was quite disgruntled, claiming that we beat him up and stole his candy. That is preposterous. No one on the Veracruz is really all that vengeful. Well, except me but I've been around on the ship on assignment around the ship. No time for such shenanigans.

Ahem so with that, the Chief and I came to the ship's rescue to determine who in their right mind would mess with a Talaxian scout ship and it survive to breathe the tale. The solution to this absurd notion was to determine the weapon used on the Talaxian ship. Whenever someone fires on another vessel, the residue of an enemy's fired weapons can usually be scanned and detected on a ship's shield and shielding matrix. This diagnostic won't exactly say the weapon used but it can break the weapons compound down for us to get a general idea of the weapon used.

The Talaxian claimed that they were attacked by us, meaning the weaponry of Starfleet, not literally us. The results determined that they were about half right. The compound of the weapons signature on the Talaxian ship did indicate a very close resemblance to Federation weapon technology. To an untrained eye, you could almost convict a person of it. However, I've spent quite a few years studying under the Andorian Military Imperial Academy. One of the courses I gained high marks on was the determination of weapon compounds and signatures. The federation serial number that all of Starfleet weapons are categorized under did not match the weapon and damage residue we scanned for on the Talaxian Scout ship.

While inconclusive, I am conjuring up a report for Chief Rhode-Randt to submit to the UFStarfleet Department of Engineering for more information. Perhaps this way is a wild goose chase but if someone is out there in the quadrant firing federation-like weapons on a ship as pathetic as a Talaxian Scout ship (I mean, I wouldn't want to ride along the galaxy in one), then I am sure UFS Command would definitely want to investigate this promptly. However, in the meantime, we have found no conclusive evidence that this Talaxian Scout Ship (Seriously, who would want to bomb a Talaxian ship? I mean, the least they could do was attack a Kazon Battle Ship. That's a crappy design too but at least it has crude weaponry). What was I talking about again? Oh right, this is the end of my report.

In Service,
Vice Chief Engineer <Captain> Gron Syntron
Zimri Zapatero
Operations - Captain
Operations - Captain
Duty Post: Vice Chief Engineer

United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=/\= Engineering Log =/\=

*** Computer, Begin Engineering Log, Stardate 221116, Authorization Syntron Beta Delta Omicron ***

*** Acknowledged, Proceed When Ready ***

I would like it added to the record that despite my lack of real scientific knowledge, I was able to solve one. I would also like added to the record that I did this all in front of the Veracruz's own Chief of Science, Fleet Captain Skot Brat. Wait, that isn't right. Oh well, I have a report to do. Here are the details of the discovery.

Admiral Randt was adamant into getting answers regarding the Talaxian scout during our previous mission. Our initial pre-scans were inconclusive at best. The only way to get a more detailed scan would be to analyze the Talaxian hull with a more direct approach. With permission from the Talaxian Captain we encountered, we were able to extract a piece of their hull for further study. We began a process called "Centrifugal Particle Analysis". This process requires the object to be spun at speed to aggravate the molecules within the object itself and the residue molecules on the object as well. By doing this, we can extrapolate data on the contents of the residue, determining perhaps the weapon that was fired on it.

After the process was completed, we were able to determine some of the components of the residue. Part of the residue contained phasic residue. This determined that phasic energy was contained in the weapon used. The yield of that phasic energy is exactly the yield used in mostly add of Federation weaponry. On that basis alone, one could make the judgement that federation tech weapons were used to attack the Talaxian scout ship. Here is the part that doesn't add up. The second component to the residue used was light wave energy. This type of energy is generally used by holographic programs and as an alternative source to power hoverboards. I can't really determine whether this component was meant to be implemented in this way. It appears crude in design but the fact that it exists could change the way security and shield systems defend against it.

As the components of this weapon mesh together, I can only speculate that the light wave form barrier around the phasic energy, making it almost undetectable. As the blast makes impact, the light induced holographic wave dissipates in the way of phasic energy, igniting the phasic energy and causing damage to the area its impacted.

Crude design or not, this is a very sophisticated way to fire a phaser. If left unchecked, anyone with access to it could approach a peace talk and blast the competition unproven or provoked. I've submitted this report to Chief Engineer Moonprince Rhode-Randt for the purpose of presenting these findings to the UFStarfleet Department of Engineering Operations. It is my hope that this study does not fall into the wrong hands.

In Service,
Vice Chief Engineer <Captain> Gron Syntron

Return to “USS Veracruz Mess Hall”