:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

200408 - It Wants Candy

The USS Veracruz is an Allegiance Class Starship operating in Second Life since launching in October of 2011 (Stardate 111001). Commodore Kinney Randt has been in command, along with Executive Officer Commander Aryela Dagger from launch date until the present.

Roleplay Times: Wednesdays 5pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Kinney Randt
Executive Officer: Aryela Dagger

Moderators: Aryela Dagger, Kinney Randt

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Rear Admiral Kinney Randt Rhode recording

== Prelude ==

Captain's Log:

Stardate: 200408

Alert Status: Red

The day began so normally, or at least as normal as it can be when First Contact Day. While most people are celebrating the first venture into warp drive by the people of Earth, and the contact with a Vulcan ship, it holds a bittersweet memory for my husband Moonprince. That day is also when Utopia Planetia was attacked, and Moon's parents were killed.

While Moon and I talked, and remembered our lost families, the ship was hit by an extreme gravitational force. Some sort of anomaly had grabbed the ship, and did not want to let go. It took a detonated warp plasma explosion to break us free and allow emergency warp.

The explosion was not without extreme consequences. The ship was sent out of control and into what I can only assume was a time cortex. When we finally regained control, we found ourselves no longer in the Delta Quadrant, but rather were in the Sol system, and also somehow at a period of time only one week after the attack on Mars.

To make matters more difficult, Moon detected life signs from his family's residence.

I can't shake the feeling that whatever action we take, it will be both the right answer and the wrong answer.

In service,

Rear Admiral Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

*Crew Manifest*

CO Rear Admiral Kinney Randt-Rhode
XO Commodore Aryela Dagger

Chief Operations Officer Capt Ponce "Gron Syntron" Zapatero
Operations Officer Lt Cmdr Leighann Mantis

Chief Engineer Lt Cmdr Cyrillian Guardian
Vice Chief Engineer Capt Moonprince Rhode-Randt

Chief Security OfficerCmdr Kristoff Jameson
Security Officer Lt Cmdr Stormgyro "Stormy Macpherson" Resident

Chief Science Officer Capt Scottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Chief Medical Officer Cmdr Rodneymmckay "Rodney McKay-Sheppard" Resident

Marine Officer Major Kiara1.noel "Kiara Noel" Resident

Chief Intelligence Officer LT chrisheath "Salek" Resident

**Guest Stars**

Science Officer Ensign Tonwen Su Commodore Nora Gerhadsen
Moonprince Rhode
Engineering - Captain
Engineering - Captain
Duty Post: Engineer - USS Vera Cruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=/\= Engineering Log =/\=
Captain Moonprince Rhode-Randt recording

The ship was almost destroyed by a spacial anomaly at the location tagged to this log. We were able to break free by venting drive plasma but the resulting explosion has created moderate damage to several key systems including the following:
  • Warp drive
  • Impulse drive,
  • Internal sensors
  • Aft shields
  • Transporters
Damage Control Teams have been dispatched with orders to get transporters and Main Power back on line.

End Log.

The only constant in the universe is change.
Nora Gerhadsen
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Captain | USS Maxwell
Ship/Station Posted: USS Maxwell
Grid: Second Life

<<A green-skinned, four-meter-tall woman sits on the floor of a science lab, hunched over a console. She's trying to make herself as small as possible, but obviously that's a tall order, so to speak. She taps keys on her console as gingerly and softly as she can as she bites an enormous lower lip. Her work is interrupted by someone, though, and she looks off. "I'm sorry, what's that sir? Ohhh... A log... Um... All right, I'll do that." And with that, she taps some more keys, and starts narrating...>>

USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=/\= Science Log =/\=
Ensign Tonwen Su recording

Umm... Is this thing on? Oh. Ohh... All right, it's working. Um... So... Uh... We, uh, encountered what can only be described as a 'living singularity.' And that's a really weird concept, so I'll have, to, um...

Oh, what's that? Just start at the start sir? Oh... Oh. All right, I can do that.

So. Um... USS Veracruz was moving along when I got a cartographic change notification on Science console 2. It wasn't a huge change, but it was noticed on sensors -- a couple of asteroids were missing from a nearby planetary system. This isn't necessarily all that weird, but there wasn't an obvious reason for them to be gone -- I couldn't get any model to work for scattering the two objects that could reproduce the sensor readings we had, or the changes from the last time the system was scanned, which was something like... I dunno... A couple few years ago or something?

Anyway, Veracruz changed course and we entered the system. As we approached the spot where the second asteroid should have been, we found ourselves very close to a gravity well. It's really odd that the thing just kind of appeared, but then again, things got really strange quickly. The object that appeared had a roughly planetary mass -- about 1.5 Earth masses, but its volume was so small as to preclude it being anything but a singularity.

But things just got weirder. A singularity that size should be shedding Hawking radiation at a pretty prodigious rate -- so high, in fact, that it should have been giving us serious radiation exposure problems. There wasn't any. Furthermore, the Veracruz started experiencing power loss, and we started falling into the singularity. Scans showed an energy fiend around the singularity itself, which did not itself have spherical symmetry, or even a disk-like symmetry. Instead, there were two energy tendrils. These were moving about, but not in a random fashion. In the meantime, the energy field exhibited vibration frequencies on regular harmonics, not too dissimilar from a life form.

As the tendrils hit the ship, Veracruz lost lots of power. It was clear that we needed to get out, and fast, so the Admiral ordered a discharge of warp plasma, and detonation of that plasma between the ship and the singularity. That ended up working, but it also resulted in extreme acceleration, similar to a temporal-displacement slingshot effect. However, we were sent not only through time, but through space as well. Sensor readings verified that we were sent about five years into the past, in the near vicinity of the planet Mars in the Sol System in the Alpha Quadrant. The famous attack on Mars had just taken place.

While other parts of the bridge were focused on some matters on the planet's surface, I analyzed data from the singularity. While the results are kind of eye-popping, they seem relatively clear -- we have met some sort of astrophysical life form. What kind of life cycle it has, or how much it will grow, is a complete unknown. We also don't know how it sustains itself, or hides its gravimetric distortion from our sensors.

A ship should be detailed to investigate this life form. Obviously it shouldn't be the Veracruz, because we've ended up five years in the past and half a galaxy away.

<<The enormous Ensign turns to look at the other officer.>>

How's that, sir? That'll do? All right. Close log
LeighAnn Mantis
Operations - Lieutenant
Operations - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Operations Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Unknown

To: Admiral Kinney Randt, CO, USS Veracruz
CC: Captain Gron Syntron, Chief of Operations
From: Lieutenant Commander LeighAnn Mantis, Operations Officer, USS Veracruz

USS Veracruz
SS001

=A= Helmsman Log=A=

Voice Recording:

I set course 171, mark 18 and engaged at Warp 5. As we got underway, it came to light that it was the anniversary of the deaths of Moon's parents after Moon himself got into a mood and Admiral Randt had to leave the Bridge to comfort him.

The shift was pretty quiet when suddenly, we went to red alert and the ship rocked as if we had hit something. The Veracruz ended up dropping out of warp in front of an odd mass that immediately attacked us with its tendrils. For a time, the mass tried to consume us whole until we finally managed to distract it with vented plasma. We snapped free and flew out of control for what seemed like an eternity, losing the warp field in the process.

To our shock, we ended up in orbit of Mars five years ago, a week after the anniversary of First Contact Day...the day when all hell broke loose and rogue synths murdered thousands of souls. Moon immediately realized that his parents were still alive and wanted to save them, but I objected and said we could not change history. To my knowledge, violating the Temporal Prime Directive has severe consequences even if it is for a noble cause...

In Service
Lt. Cmdr. Mantis

Return to “USS Veracruz”