=A= Chief Science Officers Logs =A=

Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Well, I have returned home. Having completed my tour of duty aboard the Caracas and also participating in the klingon rites of ascention as an ambassador of the federation on the ships maiden flight. We took Admiral Seriman and Calhoun (and others) to the Ceremony hall. It was an incredible time.

Afterwards, I filed my transfer with mixed emotion. Though I am sad to leave, I had joined to help in the formation of an excellent crew and to train upcomming engineers and operations personelle through RP and training missions aboard the ship in dock. We also saw some real combat activity and though the ship sustained some damage, it has now officially launched and my work aboard her is done.

My return to Space Station Tranquility (SST) has been a happy time. There are some changes to both the station and the staff, but I was appointed to Chief Science Officer for the time being and I am thrilled about it. hopefully its a bit less paperwork than being second in command of a starship, I would like to also get back to teaching some classes.

I am planning on trying to schedule a science fair for one or two days next week, it will be held on the astrometrics lab at times that dont conflict with anything and when I will also be on to help coordinate. I hope to invite science personelle from all devisions and locations through UFS, at least the leaders and brightest upcommers in certain fields.  This is of course prending approval and scheduling, but I would like to start my tenure in this position with such an event.

Regrardless, I have been spending my time so far getting to know the staion again and getting used to flying a shuttle again now that I am back and can take my Ganges class out of storage. I plan to still hold some mixed RP with the Caracas crew also. I do feel this is the best move for all parties and I am happy with my decision. I will never forget my time with the crew and I wish them well in their future missions.

I've also seen most of the final refit work and I must say ASDB has done a tremendous job !

As CSO officer for the station I am available at any time I am online to answer general queries about the station or more specific questions about sciences and activities I am involved with. Please feel free to IM me with any science build or RP ideas you might have for the station and we'll see what we can do. : )

Thanks again to Admiral Seriman for a great tour of service. And to Captain Fremont for the warm welcome  back.

In Service =A=

Lt. (jg) Denzen Mimulus
UFS: Space Station Tranquility
- Chief Science Officer
Last edited by Denzen Mimulus on 090604.2039, edited 1 time in total.
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Wether or not I remain CSO, I do hope that this thread continues to be used.  ;)

=A=

We have begun to discuss the idea of a science conference on the station for a 3 day event. I would ilke to coordinate it with science depts across UFS, ships and stations and see what can develop. If anyone has thoughts about this plz post here and the CSO can take under consideration.

I am thinking like a few expo booths and some things like that just for a short term only.

Anyone else have any thoughts ?
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Alright, this will be scheduled for June 12-14 starting early on the 12th, 9am SLT-ish.

If you are the head of a dept that would like to make a contribution, plz IM me inworld and I'll getcha what u need (booth, info, etc)  If you are someone from engineering or intel, etc who would like to make some sort of display too, same, drop me an IM inworld.

More to follow. This thread remains open to constructive input from all members: lets hear ur ideas for this event.

It will be held on Tranquility utilizing the astrometrics lab, holodeck 2 and presumable the lounge and science offices also from time to time. All are welcome to attend : )

In Service,
D
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Get into it  ;)

Dates now established. Booths available in-world.

Temba, his arms wide.
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Days of our lives.... :

So I assumed my first bridge watch with the full compliment today. what a great time. I tested the new I&O satellites primary systems and successfully negotiated a water landing on the Pinastri surface.

We were investigating a solar phenomena in the atmosphere. Our research took us through the anomoly which apparently protected us from direct exposure to the solar flare radiation. This radiation had a bad reaction with some cheap dutonium undercoating in the lounge (dammed ferengi merchants out here) and Ms NAkamura was taken quite ill with a virus that formed in her immuno cells as a result of this exposure... a nasty little protien strain.

Worse still the effects were widespread seemingly as the radiation passed from person to person... most of the Sr crew was affected. I was not wether because of my heightened immunities or because of the protective anomoly... we are still running studies. Ms Nakamura and Mr Questi had to be chased around the station... but they didn't cause too much harm, the main computers were re routedd a few times and Mr Questi tried to freeze out the bridge... but we managed just fine.

The cadets involved today were spectactular and Dr sweet performed amazingly also.

I was very happy to complete my dutie watch toda and get back to a quiet desk for a bit... imagine :P
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

UFS SCICON

Well the science conference has come and gone. There were a number of interesting exhibits and though attendance was somewhat lower than anticipated, I am sure it will grow with time. Perhaps we can have this bi annually or quarterly in a difft location each time.

Some featured exhibits:

1) UFS particle accelerator - this is a permanent part of the astrometrics lab facilities it can be accessed through the far right panel under 'physics lab'

2) ISC - Intel Satellite Component, a satellite designed for gathering information on non federation planets. After the failure of the Duck Blind mission on the B'aku homeworld the federation began to evaluate options for a more complete low-orbit observation  unit. This satellite is a part of that research and development continues between Sci and Intel devisions. More updates to follow.

3) The physics of Second Living - A demonstration and discussion of 'physics' (in SL) and their application to spacebourne vessels and practical building applications. This was also the keynote topic.

Thank you to SS Tranquility staff for all their help and coordination with guests. Thanks especially to astrometrics dept and Apollo Call. Thanks to engineering and mr exonar for thier support. And a big thank you to all who enjoyed this event. Hope to see you next time also.

In Service,

Lt (JG) Denzen Mimulus
Chief Science Officer ~ SS Tranquility
UFS R & D Sciences
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Well we completed the extraction of the first test satellite today. Intel should be pleased, we've worked out the data extraction systems and the encryption buffers held through reentry and splashdown as well as their being waterlogged for several days. All systems checked out.

LT Baxton was a great help, we were able to complete the extraction in good time, tho we did loose control of the dish and it fell from the winch to the surface :o

We recovered it and no one was hurt.

Also ran secondary reentry tests with two cadets today to help their study of telemetry systems and they were excellent.

I recommend citations for good serivce for the following members where valid.

SVAndrei Baxton
Pema Nakamura
Shedrub Nirvana
Crimson Faith

These missions utilize building, RP, piloting and scientific skills.

Preparations are moving along well and the unit also featured as a main exhibit in the SCICON. Spot on  for the entire Space Station Tranquility Sciences team !!

Thanks also to Kinney and Sky.

In Service

D
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

After a bit of Leave I have again returned to active duties

I have kept in touch with the station but have only recently returned from an emergency investigation. The preliminary work on our intel satellites is beginning to yeild fruit. I cannot go into much detail in the open records of my personal logs for classification reasons, but I am excited about future prospects for the device.

On the station things have proceeded as normal for the most part. One thing of note, I do miss seeing Mjr Nakamuras face around the station. All the marines have been recalled... I wonder if there is some imminent threat from the results of our satellite surveys... The Caracas is also missing, and I know first hand that it is primarily a testbed for UFS advanced weapons research... could all these incidents be related.... my absence, the satellite data, teh caracas, the marines... the weapon ....

Anyhow, on to more day-to-day matters; we have begun the development, at sciences, of a Tranquility PADD. When complete this device will contain all teh data and items required for living and working on the station. Though only in its early development, it has served a number of purposes, namely

i) providing incentive for the development and harvesting of aggregate data on operations and staff at the station.
ii) providing activities for various departments of technical and social sciences through research and building
iii) provides regulated info with updates to members
iv) looks cool

On a more personal note I just completed my first requisite training for sim instructior training, on my next mission I will teach the class, then I am free to shape the minds of future officers through using some of my own training rps in bridge sim, one of our greatest academy resources after cmdr bogles prime directive and tact classes... I hope I do well, I have been working on this for a while and look forward to it with great eagerness.

I have been working quite a bit as OIC for sciences lately also, I hope I get promoted to Captain soon =D

=A= In Service
Denzen Mimulus
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I hereby resign from Tranquility,

If anyone wants me to be assigned to them, then feel free to message,  if not I'll likely just resign from UFS also.

Sad times.

~D

Return to “SS Tranquility Archives”