Testing on the helmet and bloody handprint

JinjerLynne Skytower
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

On stardate 100613 I began running DNA and tissue samples of a helmet which I received for testing after it was discovered at a crash site on Pinastri.  Assisting me in my investigation was LTCDR Yuzuki Ultsch, who is going to join the Medical Branch. I felt this experience would be invaluable in her training.    A preliminary tissue sample showed that even though it appeared to be dead, there were living cells attempting to regenerate and in essence, create a duplicate of its missing member or in this case, all lower extremities.    The DNA test normally takes about three hours to complete before any further knowledge of the species can be determined, however, I felt it was also necessary to run an intergalectic species test of the tissue sample.    Recently I also received a bloody handprint which was discovered at the Phoenix memorial, and I ran DNA samples of it as well.

My Findings:

The DNA from the handprint matched the DNA taken from the helmet of the missing pilot. The Intergalectic testing on the tissue sample is inconclusive. However, further tests proved that the specimine is that of a Hirogen species. I am leaving this investigation open until I have more evidence on the whereabouts of the missing pilot in order to match the tissue sample.

Return to “SS Tranquility Archives”