Personal Log - Jean Hema

Jean Hema
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

*Computer, Begin Recording....*

We gathered in the briefing lounge to hear a communications recording of one of our engineers who had mysteriously gone missing whilst on duty. Whilst discussing possible scenarios, we were interrupted with the station declaring red alert. Power systems station wide began to fail. With the station on emergency power, making our way to Ops was difficult but upon arrival i assumed my position at the operations console and began running a systems diagnostic as per the XOs orders. They picked up a glitch in one of the engineering systems, creating some sort of firewall, it also seemed to be spreading to other systems. Suddenly the stations self destruct sequence was triggered and i was unable to disengage, we had only 20 minutes left until SS Tranquility was no more. We thought it best to head down to engineering where the source of the power failures seemed to be, however this meant a journey through the Jefferies Tubes. We cut it close but managed to navigate to main engineering.

Upon arrival we discovered the bodies of 4 crew members, Lieutenant Yalin saw to them immediately. I accessed the main engineering console in hope of shutting down the self destruct sequence and restoring power to the station but out of nowhere, a Romulan accompanied by 2 guards appeared. He threatened to destroy the station if we continued to interfere. With no other option, we backed off and were ushered into the Chiefs office, with 1 Romulan guard on watch who we quickly subdued. I used the Chief's console to break through the firewall and stop the self destruct sequence and reboot the station's systems. This did not go unnoticed by the remaining Romulans but they were also quickly dealt with. Thankfully i managed to prevent the destruction of the station and death of the crew and restore power! A successful first shift if i do say so myself!

*Computer, End and Save Recording....*
Jean Hema
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

*Computer, Begin Recording....*

After receiving our briefing and heading to Ops, as per the Captains orders, we were to split off in groups to search the station for anything out of the ordinary. I was paired with Commander Hyland to survey the Science and Security decks. Science was a first stop and upon arrival, we noticed something strange on a panel at the side of the room, it had been blown open and there seemed to be some strange orange glow emanating from inside. We reported out findings upward and as i proceeded to inspect the rest of the area, Commander Hyland head off to inspect the Security deck when he found nothing of interest. It seemed the other teams had come under attack in the Station’s Lobby so we immediately made our way their to provide assistance. Once the situation had been contained, we thought it wise to return back to the Science Deck with the other teams to further investigate our findings there. Once again, we were met with weapons fire. Barely making it through this, some kind of device was beamed in. The force of this weapon would have surely destroyed the station entirely but with the help of Ro, the bomb’s blast was contained and crisis averted.

*Computer, End and Save Recording....*

Return to “SS Tranquilty Mess Hall”