Tranquility Engineering Log

Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Engineering diagnostics performed on stardate 101027 by Chief Engineer Lt Commander Vulpina Howley

17:20 - 17:40 Level Three Diagnostic on Main Computer,  Optical Data Network, and  internal sensors.  Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

17:40 -  18:00 Level Three Diagnostic on Power Gird (reactors, EPS, etc.)..  Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

18:00 - 18:20 Level Three Diagnostic on  Life Support.  Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

18:20 - 18:40 Level Three Diagnostic on  shields, containment feilds, IDF, SIF, and artificial gravity.  Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

18:40 -19:00 Level Three Diagnostic on  weapons, probes and external sensors.  Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

To: Lieutenant Commander Vulpina Howley : SS Tranquility Chief Engineer

CC: Commander Kinney Randt : SS Tranquility CO

Report:

I began my duty shift by reporting to Commander Randt in Ops at 1658 Hours. Enroute to Ops from the Main Lounge, Turbolift Car 1 experienced a malfunction in it's Magnetic Propulsion system, several times slowing to a crawl, once even becoming stuck for several moments just below the shuttlebay. I sent word to Engineering upon arrival to Ops and ordered an attending crewman to take Car 1 offline and return it to Turbolift Maintenance, replacing it with an auxilliary car.

In Ops I was brought up to date on Tranquility's current mission, receiving more data reguarding mission reports I have been reading over sincemy arrival, mainly reguarding what many are begining to refer to as the "Demon Eggs". Commander Randt had recalled being told by a member of the USS Shogun's crew in their time travel incident, they incountered a race of "Proto-Gorn" on a planet which shared several similar traits to the lifeform inside the egg, and suggested we look into that.

We were then joined by the new Medical Officer, Dr. Burner when Commander Randt decided we should pay our egg a visit and try to get a few more scans on it. We proceeded to the Science Lab where the egg was held, and LtCmdr Mongrain began performing a scan on the egg. She determined the egg had returned to a state of hybernation. I helped by boosting power to the scanners a bit, and observed before returning to Ops to report in to Chief Engineer Howley.

Reguarding Turbolift Car 1 :

I proceeded with a Level 1 Diagnostic of the Car, which returned a suspicion that the car's magnetic propulsion system has fallen victim to age. I have asked Engineering Crewmen Stephen Anderson and Forrest Labarre to assist in retrofitting the car with a new, updated propulsion, and electrical system. The car is expected to be brought back into service within one week's time. I have also taken the liberty of scheduling the same upgrade ofseveral other Turbolift cars aboard the station which are also showing signs of aging. Noneof the repairs are expected to cause any forseeable issues with Daily Operations of the station.

In Service,
LT Lan Nakajima
SS Tranquility Engineer
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Tranquility OOD Report: 101208

Officer name: LCDR Vulpina Howley
Time On Watch: 18:30
Time Off Watch: 20:00

Officers on Duty:
Kinney Randt; Aryela Dagger; Lan Nakajima; Brent Darkwyr; Garethia Mongrain; Tess Tison; [and JadiaTriellis as The Creature!]

Cadets on Duty:
Supercheese Firehawk

18:30 Arrived in Science after reviewing the repairs and Level 1 diagnostics on the main computer and her internal sensors.

18:30 - 20:00 While I was trying to asses the situation, Lt. Nakajima was already dealing with the reptilan's attack on the containment field. I scanned the reptilan's M/string signature for signs that it may be from the mirror universe. My hunch that the arrival of this creature and the arrival of the mirror dylithium crystal is unfounded, so far. After the reptilan had "calmed down," Lt. Nakajima and I created a secondary containment field around the primary, and then worked on bringing the primary field back to full status.

20:00 With help form the Zeno Linquistics department, we will attempt to modify the Universal Translator to interpret the sounds the reptilian had been producing.
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Tranquility OOD Report: 110112

Officer name: Commander Vulpina Howley
Time On Watch: 17:30
Time Off Watch: 19:30

Officers on Duty:
Kinney Rant; Aryela Dagger; Tess Tison; Nixxus Finistair; Jadia Triellis; Brandi Dench; Jackson Jayram; Orobin Thor; Genna; Shaun Dixon; Brent Darkwyr;

Cadets on Duty:

LOG- <Please note any details necessary for ongoing missions>

17:30 Started my duty shift to find security protocols had been compromised.

17:40 Was given the added assistance of Lt. Nixxus Finistair

17:45 Attack in sickbay.

17:55 All standard procedures to purge the sabotage failed.

18:00 Pursued the wrong assumption that the reptilian being kept in Science was the cause of the sabotage.

18:10 Sent Lt. Finistair to run a level 2 diagnostic on the central console at OPS. It was giving LoLeCo Lacourte trouble and was likely to be connected with the sabotage

18:15 Suggested to Maj. Nemeth that he check the size of our transmissions, to be sure they weren’t being used to smuggle confidential information within our signals.

18:25 Commander Treillis requested that Commander Randt take his shuttle to her location. I advised against it, because we didn’t know whether or not such an action would lead to Commander Treillis’ location being effected by the same thing as Tranquility.

18:40 The invaders grabbed a shuttle and forced their way through the Shuttlebay door. Ensign Tison and I were locked out from being able to set up a forcefield in front of the Shuttlebay door.

18:45 The intruders were able to break out of the shuttle bay. Ensign Tison and I began sealing off the Shuttlebay. I assigned Lt. Finistair to take over at the console as I headed to the Shuttlebay.

18:55 I took off in the the Turring II, reversed the polarity of the tractor beam and, once all shuttles had cleared the bay, I used the tractor beam to seal off the shuttlebay doorway.

19:00 With the Shuttlebay secured, I headed to Alexandria to use my tractor beam to seal off their hull breech.

19:05 Ordered Lt. Finstair and Ensign Tison use the shuttlebay’s tractor beam to “close” the shuttlebay door.

19:25 Instructed Alexandria through venting their atmosphere, in order to put out their fires.

19:30 Sent two Workbees to Alexandria to assist in ongoing repairs.

Damage Control:

Systems Down:

Shuttlebay doors sheered off

Lost computer controls to security, sensors, Sickbay, Shuttlebay, and Main Engineering (The latter turned out to be just a diversion). The damage seems to have been due to a tapeworm program that was planted into the system. If so, it will require the reinitializing of all systems, in order to recover.
Sinestris Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate: 111230

Tranquillity Engineering Log

Ens Sinestris Vesperia reporting...

This station is on the verge of falling apart, I had to replace the anadyne relays in the main computer control core because the secondary EPS grid overloaded... twice.

Being the only capable Engineer on the station has had a rather negative effect, the repair crews are already working around the clock to repair certain levels of disrepair but a station as massive as this is an absolutely nightmare to stay on top of.

Fortunately, I have come up with a new way to bypass the systems that I believe may be suffering from disrepair, at least until the crews can get round to fix them. I have tied the primary EPS grid into secondary ODN relays, Engineering looks like shambles with all the extra optronic cabelling lying around on the floor however I think there is something to be said for a more "hands on" approach... Too much Engineering is done with computers these days and sometimes its just better to reach in and have a feel around.

Deck 5 lost its gravitational grid this morning as a result of the bypass interacting with the main computer but I think, after quick establishment there should be no more issues. I guess I will apologise to those that levitated out of their beds this morning.

We are still expecting replacement parts and a new Mark XIII starbase issue shield grid, I have requisitioned it three or four times. If this keeps up, I think it might be possible to build a botched copy out of one of the disused tractor beam generators, the physics is not really that different.

OH... and one of the phaser turrets overloaded during a standard weapon check which is yet another thing to fix. I have a spare tetyon compositor which might be a useful weapon until I can get a spare phaser capacitance cell... Hmmm... I might have to effective change the induction flow to make sure it does not overload the secondary EPS grid and back-up phaser couplings but its workable...

Its all workable...
Sinestris Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate: 120108

Chief of Engineering - Ens Sinestris Resident reporting...

1) Repairs have been made to Tranquilities upper docking pylons 1 through to 3. The stabilizers had failed in Upper Pylon 3 which resulted in an update in our upper docking clamps and secondary tractor beam emitters.

2) Tranquility's EPS power system has been converted from a 10 EPS Flow Regulator system to a 5 EPS Flow Regulator system Mark XVI. These new flow regulators are able to channel power at almost 150% increased power efficiency..

3) Repairs have been made to Tranquilities main Warp Cores, providing new dilithium crystal as there were only a few fragments left and new magnetic constrictors have been installed to accommodate additional power generation increasing the general efficiency of all systems by 25%.

4) Halon System repaired and Halon Gas restocked for all residential and office areas of the station. Minor structural integrity defects have been detected in lower pylon two and in some of the administration areas however they do not seem to be posing a risk.

List of maintenance tasks to be completed this week for the Engineering Department:.

- Conduct a full inventory of available photon torpedo stock and make orders for replacements.

- Correct minor structural fatigue found in Lower Pylon 2 and Office areas.

- Inspect Environmental Control systems for damage assessment.

- Conduct inspections of U.S.S. Goddard that is currently docked at Tranquility as well as other docked vessels during the week.

- Calibration of Tranquility's Shield Grid for optimal efficiency due to new shield generator installation.
Sinestris Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate: 120112

Chief of Engineering - Ens Sinestris Resident reporting...

1) Artificial environment for the Bio-Plasmic Lifeforms has been set up on Deck 6. Deck 6 is not inaccessible behind forcefields containing ionised gases. All Electro-Plasma Conduit access has been cut off and the flow re-diverted around that deck.

2) Contact with the creature has mildly damaged the EPS Conduits on Deck 8 through to 36. Sufficient repairs to individual sections of the station have been made.

3) A full inventory of all available weapon systems have been rechecked. Tranquillity requires additional torpedoes for Weapon Development. A requestion request has been sent to United Federation Starfleet Command.

4) Still no explanation for the mysterious structural damage that Tranquillity has been experiencing over the last few weeks.

5) Inspections are all dock Starships have been complete, the U.S.S. Goddard is full ready for mission usage. Minor repairs needed to its secondary Impulse Manifold. The affected manifold has been replaced and reintegrated into the surrounding systems.

List of maintenance tasks to be completed this week for the Engineering Department:

- Recalibrate Tranquillity main docking bay doors, they have been jamming as of late.

- To maintain the artificial environment on Deck 6.

- Calibration of Tranquility's Shield Grid for optimal efficiency due to new shield generator installation.

- Conduct a damage assessment on Tranquillity's main computer due to possible date damage by the Iconian Virus.
Sinestris Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate: 120113

Chief of Engineering - Ens Sinestris Vesperia reporting...

1) Main EPS Conduits went back online running at 98.75% total power efficency. Secondary EPS conduits are being replaced with new relays. Estimated time to completion will be one week at the most.

Return to “SS Tranquilty Mess Hall”