UFS Civilian

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= First Officers Log =A=

Stardate: 120311

The Captain's currently still confined to sickbay while they attempt to cure her mutant strain of Klingon rhinovirus, so I am currently in temporary command of the ship.

We are approaching a duranium rich asteroid field...we desperately need these deposits as Cmdr Zapatero's team estimates we only have duranium reserves for approximately a day or two more of sustained flight before our fuel reserves are completely gone, to say nothing of duranium ore needed for repairs. Science has reported reports of a power signature of some sort coming from the largest of the asteroids, and evidence of soome sort of structure, but at this time we're too far out to make out more details than this.

We need to get these resources, today, or we're dead in space.

In service,
Commander Jess Hamelin

=^= End Log =^=
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

CREW MANIFEST

Commanding Officer - CAPT Mulgrave Dwi
Executive Officer - CMDR Jess Hamelin

Chief of OPS - LTCMDR April Coswell
Vice Chief of OPS - LTCMDR Rich Lombardia
Ops Officer - LTjg Melisa Ellison
Ops Officer - ENS Oaksi

Chief of Security - CMDR Cordova Marabana

Medical Officer - LTCMDR Carlisle (Data) Axel

Acting Chief Science Officer - LT Arayula Coronet

Chief of Engineering - LTCMDR Alex Zapatero
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS SHeppard- Lt. Araulya Coronet
=A= Science Log =A=

Log entry: Sheppard

Individual Reports:

The morning began quietly enough..starting to think every shift will start that way till people wake up at least.
We managed to find the duranium and deuterium we require to refuel the ship. However, no mission is complete on this ship without some snags..the levels of radiation made it impossible to beam any directly so we took 2 shuttles to the astroid surface to begin extraction. we were unfortunately quickly sidetracked as first our chief of engineering and then operations were both affected by the radiation even through their eva's. I got to man handle Lt. Cmdr Zapatero to the ground for which i'll be reminding him I owe him later for him throwing me against a boulder..the mission was called up short by medical and we have all been quarentined to sickbay until the doc can check us out. We did manage to shut down the reactor, so can go back.

In Service
Lt. Araulya Coronet, Acting Chief Science officer, USS Sheppherd
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Operations Log=A=

Mission: Out of Gas

Ops log, Stardate 120314.1938
Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations, reporting.

I have spent the last three days in sickbay, following our away mission to the asteroid where we hoped to mine deuterium. As a result of the high levels of whatever I was exposed to down there, I've been warned that recovery - although it will be complete - will be slow. Among other things, I am suffering from short-term memory loss. For this reason, my report below is somewhat sketchy, for which I do apologize. Vice Chief Lombardia's report, as well as Lieutenant Ellison's, contribute to a better picture of Ops' role in this away mission.

Individual reports:

To: Commander Jess Hamelin, XO, USS Sheppard

As we approached the asteroid field where we hoped to find deuterium, Science picked up a strange energy signature coming from the main asteroid, and Commander Lombardia picked up a badly-decayed signal from an emergency beacon. What bribes we managed to put on speakers sounded like standard English - which in itself was strange, this far out and 300 years into the future.

Commander Hamelin requested that we don EVA suits and report to the shuttlebay for a trip to the aforementioned asteroid to investigate, and obviously to mine deuterium.

As we approached the asteroid, we noticed a few bodies floating about. We found an entrance, but as it was too narrow for the shuttles to fit through, we had to spacewalk our way in.

Down at the end of a catwalk, we found a control center with an old-fashioned keypad door. I managed to hack a way in and, once there, Commander Lombardia tackled the emergency beacon while Ensign Oaksi began accessing the logs. Both officers' findings concurred - the mine had been abandoned when an explosion - caused by an experimental power source - occurred close to 100 years ago.

It seemed that our tampering with the systems had somehow caused this power source to go into buildup mode and approach critical levels. Although the wisest course of action may have been to leave as fast as we could, we did need that deuterium. Hence, Commander Marabana, Ensign Oaksi and I made our way down to the source of the buildup - a reactor which we investigated in search of a means to power it off. In the end, we took a risk - I pressed a red button and immediately, the power levels started dropping.

The next thing I remember, I woke up in sickbay. I'm told that I began complaining of feeling faint and needing some air, and then collapsed. I'm also told that at this point Ensign Oaksi coupled her oxygen tank with mine in a bid to keep me alive.

From: Lt. Commander Rich Lombardia, Vice Chief of Operations
To: Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations

Operations log, Stardate: 120311

The Sheppard approached an asteroid field that is supposed to have supplies we desperately need before running out of gas. As we approached the station we detected a comms signal but its was highly degraded. It was a repeating beacon. There was heavy radiation so we couldn't use transporters and had to fly over with the shuttles.
Upon arrival we had a look around. I managed to assist in taging the supply crates we needed and we discovered the source of the comms signal that detailed an event over 100 years old where a gas pocket exploded and caused massive damage to the station killing everyone.
Zap began to have some kind of medical condition and I set up transporter enhancers as a precaution. Both Commander Coswell and Ensign Oaksi had similar conditions. We managed to get everyone back safely but all ahd to be quarantined just in case.

To: Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations

Beginning my shift at the helm, we were en route to an asteroid field to mine, looking for deuterium. I took us on a nice and easy course through the field so as to avoid any collisions. I managed to safely navigate to one of the larger asteroids where there appeared to be mine established. I couldn't quite get to the coordinates that science had sent me, so Commander Hamelin ordered me come to a full stop, and we split up into team to board shuttles. All of us wore our EVA suits as we weren't sure what to expect down there.

I piloted the beta shuttle in our descent towards the asteroid. I put the shuttle in standby and teleported down into the mine with the rest of the crew. The mine however had some strange anomaly that was causing an illness in some of the crew. Upon completion of our investigation of the mine, along with the rest of the crew, I was transported back to sickbay in quarantine to further investigate the problem.

=========================================

Conclusion:

It is unclear at which time I will be cleared for duty. Given the fact that Ensign Oaksi has suffered the same type of radiation-like poisoning as I have and is also recovering, I am aware that this leaves Ops short-handed. I am attempting to convince the doctor to give us clearance as soon as possible.

In service,

Lt. Commander April Coswell
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Name: Out of Gas

The following information is in CHARACTER information
USS Sheppard
NCC 74769
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=

Stardate: 120219
Security Status: Green

Log entry:
Our reserves are getting low and people are struggling finding unique ways to make the supplies last. The Klingons on board haven't made to much trouble but they have been restless. The ship is looking for ways to replenish some of our supplies, while in security we are working to maintain peace on the ship with the emotions and stress levels high.

Individual Reports:
After reporting to bridge for my Duty round Ops discovered a signal, I verified the readings or at least what we could get. Our scanners were being difficult do to a radiation surrounding the location which appeared to be on a small asteroid.

it was decided that we would take two shuttles over to the asteroid, I was asked to fly one of the shuttles over. Once on the Asteroid we found that something horrific had happened there. However, there was good supplies that we could use on our ship.

All was well until the Chief of Engineering begin to show signs of something wrong with him. It was then we noted that there was a problem with the power generator spiking up in power. We quickly took a small team down to check the problem. Having some experience in Engineering I worked on trying to figure out a solution. Whatever technology they were using it had no apparent openings or way to get into the device quickly to fix it. It did however have a red button and a green button.

Commander Coswell pushed the Red button and the Generator powered down, A few minutes later the Commander began to have issues and collapsed. A transporter enhancer was set up and we had to beam the crew to sick bay.

Conclusion:
We were released from Quarantine after a time and we were able to get the generator fixed and recovered some very useful material to help the us continue on our mission

Our currently Fighting power
Armament:
With current Power Sources available a sustained combat is impossible. Roughly predict a capability of half an hour tops for any combat situation before we have to pull power from other sources of the ship.
13 of 13 Phaser Arrays up and operational Phaser array 5 and 7 minor glitches
Shields operational
Photon Canons are inoperable at this time do to the extreme power allocation they require
Torpedoes and probe compliment we currently have available
16 of 50 Photon Torpedoes
24 of 50 Quantum Torpedoes
20 of 50 Probes

In service
Commander Cordova Marabana
Chief of Security

Return to “USS Sheppard Archives”