=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Sheppard
NCC 74769
=A= Captains Log =A=
Captain Mulgrave Dwi

Position: 312 years in the future

The klingon vessel is back in operation and i have allowed the klingon captain to borrow some my officers to use as crew, which despite a few grumblings about the Klingons methods is going surprisingly well. We are currently at warp 6 coming up to what we believe is the final hiding spot of our thieves, i have asked Captain T'Krath to tail us but remain cloaked for the moment, i want to keep the klingons as a surprise just incase our adversaries decide to try and pull a fast one on us again.

I am confident of our ability to regain our stolen technology, what i am however more interested in is the Klingons singularity drive, from commander Hamelins investigations it appears to be stolen romulan technology, and it has indeed moved them in both through time and space. The reason they appeared in this particular space and time is that when they engaged their drive somthing went wrong and they ended up in subspace with no clear exit,,,,,,the sheppard was traveling through our own anomaly along a similar subspace frequency.

They detected our signal and effectivly followed us out, however whether it was due to their technology or helm error they ended up 1.2 lyrs away, we managed to piece back some of the logs and determined that the ship that attacked the klingons was the same as our thieves. Hopefully when we recover our technology we can work with the klingons to use this singularity drive to get us all home.

Computer End log

In Service
Captain Mulgrave Dwi
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

CREW MANIFEST

Commanding Officer - CAPT Mulgrave Dwi
Executive Officer - CMDR Jess Hamelin

Ops Officer - LTjg Melisa Ellison
Ops Officer - ENS Oaksi

Chief of Security - CMDR Cordova Marabana
Vice Chief of Security - LT Kalenna Krupinsky
Security Officer - ENS Mena and Karisha

Medical Officer - LT T'Pal (NPC, played by Rich Lombardia)

Chief of Engineering - LTCMDR Alex Zapatero

Chief of Science - LT Arayula Coronet
Science Officer - ENS Candi Quick
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Medical Log=A=

Stardate: 120304

Summary of the Medical Officer

An away team went to the ship of the thieves, where we retrieved our supplies... well except the waste. they can keep that part. I accompanied them to monitor their various levels as a safety precaution.

Supplemental Reports (activity at science)

I started off at the science station on the bridge, where I was monitoring for something called "space cows". I had to alert if they drew close to the ship. This was prior to the away team boarding the ship.

Then it was back to the ship, where we were trying to stay away from the attacking herd, and also trying to help the Klingon ship do the same. Then I was charged with maintaining the communication signal that keeps the herd at bay.
Patient Summary: While monitoring the away team with the medical tricorder, no major complications were encountered.
During the fight aboard ship, I did hit my head on the console, but nothing worthy of a report. I'll just apply some ice... though that won't help my bruised ego.

In Service
Signed:

Crewman Dr. Ginger Amy (gingeramy610)
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Operations Log=A=

Mission: OK Corral

Log entry:

During our joint operation to find and incapacitate Festerson Platt's ship, I acted as XO on the Fek'lhr under Captain T'Krath. After we had boarded Platt's ship, Lieutenant Ellison and I were successful in inventorying and tagging our stolen supplies for transport back to the Sheppard. Although Captain T'Krath ultimately did not survive this mission, Lt. Ellison managed to transport all remaining personnel off the Fek'lhr before it was destroyed.

Individual reports:

To: Commander Jess Hamelin, XO, USS Sheppard

When I reported for duty at approximately 0950 hours, Captain Dwi requested that I transport over to the Klingon bird of prey, the Fek’lhr, to assume the position of executive officer for the duration of the operation to find the so-called “space cowboys” and recover our stolen equipment and supplies. Apparently, Captain T’Krath had asked for me personally. I left Ops to Lieutenant Ellison and, once Assistant Chief of Security Krupinski had joined me in the transporter room, we made our way over to T’Krath’s ship.

I assumed helm and comms and put the bird of prey in close formation with the Sheppard. T’Krath was eager for battle and revenge, but Captain Dwi’s orders, when they came, were clear – we were to hang back while Sheppard went in and flushed the thieves out of the herd.

When the “cowboys” did try to escape, coming in our direction, T’Krath immediately had Lt. Krupinski fire at them. We managed to disable them – but not before a small escape vessel emerged from the main ship and made it back into the safety of the herd. Our Klingon commander wanted to pursue, but Captain Dwi convinced him that the main ship, which was now abandoned, may hold our stolen goods. T’Krath ordered me and Lt. Krupinski to accompany him over there, and I turned the bird of prey’s helm over to petty officer Johnny Wolf Eyes.

Once onboard the thieves’ ship, my tricorder picked up definite Starfleet and Klingon signatures below us – and indeed, going down one deck we found some of our stolen equipment. The motherlode – the two industrial replicators, the secondary computer core, as well as several crates – was on the final, lowest deck we visited. Lt. Ellison tagged all of the items for transport back to the Sheppard.

Just as we were finishing, I received a transmission on my commbadge from petty officer Wolf Eyes – apparently the Fek’lhr was being surrounded and attacked by the space cows. T’Krath had us transported back and I resumed my station… but quickly realized that we were quickly being smothered by the beings. Apparently, the Klingons firing on them during our absence had made the creatures angry.

With the bird of prey’s hull integrity at grave risk, T’Krath ordered all Starfleet personnel off the ship. I felt a beam grab me and next thing I knew, I was in the Sheppard’s transporter room. I hurried to the bridge to see whether Lt. Ellison had managed to grab our Klingon friends, and indeed she had – except T’Krath himself. With the bird of prey going critical, Captain Dwi ordered emergency warp. As we sped away, we watched the Fek’lhr’s destruction.

To: Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations

As I took my station, I began doing some diagnostics so that we'd be in order as we began our pursuit of the, for lack of a better term, "space cowboys". More importantly, we were liaising with the Klingon ship, so I needed to be on my toes.

We began approach towards a system where we'd picked up signatures of the "space cows" and surely our thieves had to be nearby. With Commander Coswell on the Bird of Prey, I had to manage comms with that ship and making sure they kept matching our moves. We slowly approached the herd of cows, emitting a signal that would hopefully keep the cows from charging at us. As we got closer, the captain had me open up a channel to the center of the herd, where she proceeded to demand the return of our stolen cargo. Their response was one we had hoped to avoid, emitting a signal which disturbed the herd as they took off.

The cows began chasing us, as I took the ship out of the way of their pursuit. The Klingon ship, having been cloaked, took after the the other ship. With the cows bearing down on us, and without much option, the captain had me pull a variation on the Picard Maneuver. I timed my movements with Tactical, having them drop a couple of photon torpedoes right before I put the ship into warp for a brief moment. I executed the move, and as soon we'd dropped out the torpedoes detonated, stunning a number of the herd. It allowed us a moment to get away, and assist the Klingon vessel.

As we approached, the a small ship took off from the fight. I scanned it for any of our equipment, but found nothing. We met up with the Klingons and our visiting crew in order to break up into teams, and search the cowboy vessel. I was with Commander Hamelin, Crewman Amy, and Ensign Python. On arrival, I went with Ensign Python to the bridge, at Commander Hamelin's order, to secure it and find any logs. We did so, and I sent the logs back to the Sheppard. Upon completion, we met up with the rest of the crew and I assisted Commander Coswell in sending back our missing cargo, checking it against our list of missing inventory.

We returned to our respective ships, but the Klingon vessel was in trouble. They were surrounded by the herd of cows. I moved in to closer to the herd to see if maybe transporting might be an option, but I was having trouble getting a lock at first. At the captain's order, I moved in closer so that we might extend our shield around the Klingon ship. That only bought us some time, though. I began to be able to establish transporter locks on a large portion of the Klingon crew, and began beaming them to sickbay. I got our crew back in tact, but was still having issues getting everyone. I ran out of time. I couldn't get a lock on T'Krath before the Bird of Prey was destroyed. He was an unfortunate casualty, and a great loss as he had been a valuable ally in our mission. Truly he was a Klingon with much honor.

=========================================

Conclusion:

At the request of the three surviving officers of the Fek'lhr, I led an ak'vuh ceremony in the holodeck to honor T'Krath's memory. I was told that he has a son on Qo'Nos. Should we make it back to our own timeline, I respectfully request permission to record and send a packet to Ch'Tak, son of T'Krath. He deserves to know that his father died honorably.

In service,

Lt. Commander April Coswell
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

<<USS Sheppard>>
<<NCC - 74679>>
=A= Engineering Log =A=
Chief of Engineering <Lieutenent Commander> Alexander Zapatero reporting...

Log entry: Ok Corral

<In a joint effort with the klingons, the Sheppard hunts down the thieves responsible for stealing klingon & federation technology in a final showdown.>

Damage & Repairs Schedule:

<Main Deflector - Assigned to part of Eng. Team D, Structural integrity to main deflector repaired, calibrations still needed, estimated repair down to a matter of hours.

<Duranium Ore Shortage - Critical, Estimated Shutdown of Warp Systems in eight hours.

Secondary Computer System - Recovered by thieves, reinstallation assigned to part of Eng. Team D, estimated reintegration & recalibration in three days.

Missing Compliment of Quantum & Photon Torpedos - Recovered by thieves.

Decks 12, 15 - Assigned to Eng Team B, gravitmetric system repaired on Deck 15, emergency bulkheads remain steadily in place for both decks. Estimated repair to both decks to be about two and a half weeks.>

Technical Report:

<The current status of our main deflector is a major relief on the Sheppard's Engineering department. Most of our duranium resources have gone into the reconstruction of it. After a few much needed calibrations, the main deflector should finally be repaired enough to supplement our secondary deflector. I can't begin to tell you how bad our secondary deflector needs a shutdown and heavy maintainence repairs. It's practically falling apart at the seams.

Second on the agenda is the recovery of our back up computer core. Many of it circuitry components have been hardwired into a configuration that I am personally unaware of. Many of the algorithms locked into the system seem to enhance its security preventing people like me from accessing it. Had this system not been federation technology, I am not sure I could reintegrate it. However, there isn't a federation technology I cannot repair, recalibrate or revamp. It should be running operational on the Sheppard in a matter of hours.

Last on the agenda are our two damaged decks, Deck 12 & 15. Due to the duranium shortage, there is nothing engineering can really do but maintain the forcefields & bulkheads on this deck until we can process some more duranium ore.>

In Service,
<Lieutenent Commander> Alexander Zapatero
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Name: Ok Corral

The following information is in CHARACTER information.
USS Sheppard
NCC 74769
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=

Position: 312 years in the future

Log entry:

I've recovered from sick bay after having a bulk head came down on me and returning to duties. Security has been tight dealing with Klingons is always a challenging endeavor on ones nerves. They are warriors through and through and I have to admit I admire that to a degree. Yet, they are not the most tolerant of species. Lately I've felt we are more on cattle drive as we chase the thieves or rustlers through this space creatures the crew have named space cows.

Report from Commander Cordova Marabana

I've assigned my Assist Chief to help Commander Coswell over on the Bird of Pray. She has shown to have the right temperament dealing with the Klingons and I know she will be sure to get the commander and crew back to the Sheppard Safely. The Twins of Ensign Python have been assigned Tactical in helping me on the bridge.

We picked up a light reading and confirmed it to be that of the rustlers buried deep in a cluster of space cows. The Captain took us in while the Klingon bird of prey kept cloaked and made there involvement a secret. The Rustlers refused to return our stolen items and used some sort of transmitter to excite the space cows into attacking us.

Phasers were used to try to keep the cows away but it only seem to make them more agitated and we were forced to use Quantum Torpedoes. The cows did not like the torpedoes and that did allow us to keep them off for the most part but there fast reflexes also required our helm to be on the constant move to avoid being rammed by the space cows.

With the help of the Klingon ship we were able to disable the rustlers ship. But they did manage to take a light heavily armed shuttle to escape their main ship. Since they evacuated the ship we sent a boarding party over. We meet up with the crew of the klingon ship once we beamed over. Security team was sent out to secure the area once that was done the rest of the boarding party began taking logs and reclaiming the stolen items.

Just as we were finishing this up we got an emergency call, the Klingon ship got itself in trouble with the space cows. We quickly beamed out and were forced to use more Quantum torpedoes to keep the cows from attacking the Sheppard but there was little we could do for the Bird of Prey we beamed there crew over all accept the captain who chose to go down with his ship.

Commander Cordova Marabana

Report from LT Kalenna Krupinski

Once again, I’ve experienced something new while serving on the Sheppard. We’ve been working with the Klingon vessel and today I was sent as tactical officer of the ship. While the systems were similar, it took a while to completely adapt to the console. We proceeded to work hand in hand with the Sheppard to flush out the ship from the herd of space cows. Once Sheppard flushed out the ship, we used disrupters and torpedoes to disable the ship, only to have the crew escape in a pod and back into the herd. We then met up with a team from the Sheppard on the abandoned ship and completed perimeter searches, to confirm that the crew had indeed abandoned ship. We found our missing items, but were called back to the Bird of Prey when the herd of space cows decided to attack. Unfortunately, by the time we arrived, the creatures had already attached to the hull and were continuing to attack. We abandoned ship before CaptainT’Krath destroyed it. It’s haunting to think I was the last person to see T’Krath alive, but he did what he thought was best for all. It truly was a good day to die.

Lieutenant Kalenna Krupinski
Acting Assistant Chief of Security

Conclusion:
We have regained our stolen goods though we are getting lower on available fire power. We also have picked up a few Klingon personal on the Sheppard. Which should create an interesting Dynamic on our ship. I've talked to the few Klingon's we already have on the ship to help to make them feel at home.

The rustlers managed to leave on a Class X Shuttle craft capable of Warp 6 speed. Weapons seem to be Disrupter based with Two forward disrupters and one Rear. They can also fire 1 plasma torpedo and have an armored Hull and displacement shield making them harder to target with our phasers. Crew compliant of a max of 10.

Our currently Fighting power
Armament:
With current Power Sources available a sustained combat is impossible. Roughly predict a capability of half an hour tops for any combat situation before we have to pull power from other sources of the ship.
13 of 13 Phaser Arrays up and operational Phaser array 5 and 7 minor glitches
Shields operational
Photon Canons are inoperable at this time do to the extreme power allocation they require
Torpedoes and probe compliment we currently have available
16 of 50 Photon Torpedoes
24 of 50 Quantum Torpedoes
20 of 50 Probes

In service
Commander Cordova Marabana
Chief of Security

Return to “USS Sheppard Archives”