United Federation Starfleet
USS Sheppard
NCC 74769
=A= Captains Log =A=
Captain Mulgrave Dwi
=============================================

Condition: Red

Captains log, Stardate 120121

The away team is reunited with the sheppard, but the chenae AI T55 got away, well more to the point is the seekers of the light, i am not pleased with the implications of its departure the creation of that supernova will have lasting consequences for this entire sector, whats more the AI intends to do it again, but closer to our own time stream, i have tasked science with finding out when they have gone, we have scan results from several time jumps we should be able to extrapolate when and perhaps even where these time anomalies exit.

Engineering is also working on on the deflector and modifications made to the sheppard by the seekers, i want to be able to use it to our advantage, ill not allow the us to carry on being pushed pillar to post by these beings anymore, its time for us to take action especially in light of the fact that in my abscence the sheppard crew have managed to purge the sheppard of the ascended seekers that have been looking over our shoulders.

In Service
Captain Mulgrave Dwi
mulgrave Dwi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Operations Log=A=

Operations log, Stardate 120122.0848
Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations, reporting

Even though the Sheppard has essentially been holding position for the past week in a system a fair distance from the point where the Chenae station went through a temporal anomaly, it has been a somewhat busy week.

Captain Dwi has decided to turn the Seekers’ technology against them – essentially, we are going to attempt to use the modifications they made to our deflector to create our own time jump in order to stop them before they detonate another star closer to our timeline. While science has been working on ways to identify the point in time the Seekers have now travelled through, Ops has been working with engineering on preventive maintenance and upgrades to the deflector. Lt. Lombardia and Ens. Oaksi have developed a piece of special purpose code to control the deflector during the jump itself. As for me, I’ve run simulations to ensure that the deflector can take the pounding without going critical. Athough that “panic switch” I designed in case the array reached 620 Kelvin and/or reached a critical point in terms of component integrity came in handy back when we escaped the icy future version of Pinastri Prime, the deflector shutting off in the middle of a time jump would be less than ideal – especially since we don’t know what we’ll find on the other side.

The balance we have to achieve is to keep the deflector running long enough for us to make it through while making sure it doesn’t reach the tipping point. We might have to reprogram that panic switch for manual activation and see how far we can push the array.

Also of note, I had a meeting on Stardate 120119 with Chief Vanaish and Engineering to assess the condition of the Captain’s shuttle – as well as the shuttlebay – following her emergency landing on Stardate 120115. Despite the Captain’s deft handling of the shuttle in dire circumstances, there is some gouging on the landing pad, and the shuttle’s landing gear itself is out of alignment – not to mention that part of its lateral sensor array got torn off. Some of the damage to the shuttle, Engineering tell me they can repair, but the damage to the landing pad might take some creativity – although we did re-stock Sheppard with some essentials during our stop at the Chenae repair station, we’re rather low on plating.

Despite an understandable need to unwind and rest, the Ops crew is performing as well as can be expected from them under the circumstances – that is, at 120 percent.

I'm due to take command on the bridge at 0830 until Commander Hamelin reports for duty.

Computer, end log and file.

Individual reports:

Captain Dwi was overseeing science and engineering to make sure the jump drive was ready. Commander Coswell was in command and had us survey a system of a Neanderthal civilization in the meantime. Commander Hamelin was back and fourth but acting strangely. She was repeating things. Captain Dwi announced to the ship her intentions of using the Chenae jump drive to go after the T66 AI and destroy it. The Captain returned to the Bridge and had Commander Coswell go down to the main deflect to prepare it. Then suddenly Commander Hamelin disappeared.

She reappeared in the Main deflector. Captain Dwi went to find her. I was left in command of the bridge. A short while later Dr. Axel called the bridge to report Commander Coswell was dead. I continued to make sure the crew was prepared for the its jump as per Captain Dwi's standing orders. Dr. Axel called the Bridge again to report Captain Dwi had also been killed. I checked with Science and engineering to make sure we were ready to make the jump. Commander Zapatero entered the bridge to obtain a report of the situation. The Sheppard detected a large Chenae ship on an intercept course ordering us to surrender. After briefing Commander Zapatero he stated he would be in engineering where he could do the most good.

I ordered the jump which included a complicated timing as we approached the system's sun at warp speeds. Luckily the jump was successful but placed us in close proximity to another sun but propulsion was out. I contacted engineering to tell them we needed propulsion restored ASAP because we were drifting in a sun. The T66 was also there and began to attack us causing massive damage. I ordered us to return fire. The warp core went critical and the entire ship was destroyed , killing all hands aboard.

Lt. Rich Lombardia

Oaksi's plasma has a few faint memories though. Sitting stationary at helm while the XO seemed to be caught in a time warp. Her Chief and Captain being killed. A hostile Chenae ship heading towards them on an intecept course.... evaiding that ship. Succuessfully doing a sling shot time-travel maneuver around a planet of neantherals. Making it through the time jump successfully.. but loosig impulse and warp. Using thrusters to avoid being pulled into the sun. T66 shootng at us and destroying the ship.

Her mind drifts back to what she did before then.. trying to remember the week leading up to her demise.. and finds it hard to remember anything except checking the deflector array, running routine diagonstics, coding a piece of special purpose code to control the deflector duriing a time jump. That, and writeing a seemlngly endless series of reports. As she ponders it, she realizes that maybe being dead wont be so bad after all... at least she wont have to write any more reports.
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

CREW MANIFEST

Commanding Officer - CAPT Mulgrave Dwi
Executive Officer - CMDR Jess Hamelin

Chief of Security - LTCMDR Cordova Marabana
Security Officer - LT Kalenna Krupinski

Chief of OPS - LTCMDR April Coswell
Vice Chief of OPS - LT Rich Lombardia
Ops Officer - LTjg Melisa Ellison
Ops Officer - ENS Oaksi

Medical Officer - LTCMDR Carlisle (Data) Axel

Science Officer - LT Kathen Ohtobide
Science Officer - LTjg Araulya Coronet
Science Officer - LTjg Leo Ravenheart

Acting Chief of Engineering - LTCMDR Alex Zapatero
mulgrave Dwi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Medical Death Certificate =A=

Name of the deceased: Mulgrave Dwi

Cause of death: Phaser wound

Time of death: 10:30 AM

Date of death: 120122

Location of death: Engineering

I, Doctor Carlisle D. Axel, hereby pronounce Captain Mulgrave Dwi deceased on stardate 120122 in action on U.S.S. Sheppard NCC-74679

In Service,
Lt. Commander Carlisle D. Axel
Medical Officer
U.S.S. Sheppard

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Medical Death Certificate =A=

Name of the deceased: April Coswell

Cause of death: Phaser wound

Time of death: 10:00 AM

Date of death: 120122

Location of death: Deflector room, Engineering

I, Doctor Carlisle D. Axel, hereby pronounce Lieutenant Commander April Coswell deceased on stardate 120122 in action on U.S.S. Sheppard NCC-74679

In Service,
Lt. Commander Carlisle D. Axel
Medical Officer
U.S.S. Sheppard

Return to “USS Sheppard Archives”