United Federation Starfleet
USS Sheppard
NCC 74769
=A= Science log =A=
Lieutenant Lavar, Astro Sciences
=============================================

Personal log, Stardate 111204

**An excited looking andorian appears on the screen**

We have done it, we have i think located the captain, the data from the Oclar vessels was enough for the computer to pinpoint our position and establish the date, whats more we got some partial sensor data that was of federation origin, it seems while passing through a nearby sector the Oclar picked up a federation signiture very close to a nearby star.

Cross referencing this position with our previous sensor data i managed to determined that this system is also home to the chenae repair facility and it is approximatly 3 days before we arrive in the system. If my data is accurate then there should be nothing of federation origin in this system.... yet, i have theorised in my report to the commander that as the chenae facility exhists almost exactly on the opposite side of the sun to our stray signal that the signiture must be very close to the sun otherwise it would of surely been detected and investigated by the chenae by now.

I.... have also filed a formal complaint with my report to the commander on the manner in which we gathered the data, i want to find the captain as much as anyone but we stole that data, we detected the Oclar and instead of asking we just took what we needed because we could,,,, i didnt join starfleet to be a thief,,,, part of me knew it felt wrong at the time but i was just too caught up in following orders to pay attention to what we was doing. To me being a starfleet officer is about doing the right thing, and stealing their data was against their laws and our own, whats more we got into a firefight with them when they caught us red handed we could have,,,,, we may have seriously injured or killed people on those vessels.

**Sighs**

I imagine commander hamelin will not be pleased with my objection to her actions but just how far will she go to get the captain back, i mean she asked me to scan for lifesigns after we hit the Oclar i half expected her to tell commander marabana to finish them off, its my opinion we did not need to fire on those ships, all we did was further implicate ourselves instead of resolving the situation as starfleet officers.

=^= Commander Hamelin to Lt Lavar, please report to my office =^=

=^= Aye Ma'am on my way =^=

**Hits a button on the panel and the screen fades to black**

Computer End log
Lieutenant Lavar
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

CREW MANIFEST

NPC Crewmen/Seeker of the Light - CAPT Mulgrave Dwi
Executive Officer - CMDR Jess Hamelin

Chief of Security - LTCMDR Cordova Marabana
Security Officer - LTjg Kalenna Krupinski

Chief of OPS - LTCMDR April Coswell
NPC Ops/Seeker of the Light - LTjg Melisa Ellison
Ops Officer - ENS Oaksi

Medical Officer - LTCMDR Carlisle (Data) Axel

Science Officer - LT Kathen Ohtobide
NPC Lt Lavar/Seeker of the Light - LTjg Araulya Coronet

NPC Engineer/Seeker of the Light - LTCMDR Alex Zapatero
mulgrave Dwi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Operations Log=A=

Stardate: 120108
Mission: To Catch a Thief

Log entry:

We found that the Seekers of the Light have the ability to inhabit the bodies of our crew, which poses a significant risk - indeed, I myself, as well as Ensign Oaksi, were "possessed" by the Seekers and our knowledge of the ship's systems and security codes was used against our will.

Individual reports:

To: Captain Mulgrave Dwi, CO, USS Sheppard

We were cruising at warp 3 to the coordinates where we hoped to find the Captain when strange events started unfolding - shortly after Lt. Ohtobide had reported an energy spike near engineering, the displays on the bridge flickered and we dropped out of warp as the main computer core went offline. I found that someone had accessed the core room and locked the main computer in a level 1 diagnostic loop. Luckily, the secondary core was unaffected, and I was able to bring it - and most of our systems - back online. As I attempted to crack the code to unlock the primary core, my console registered weapons fire in sickbay. Shortly after this, the systems went down once more - leaving only emergency power.

Commander Hamelin asked me and Lt. Ohtobide to arm ourselves and head to the computer core to attempt a manual override on the lock. Once there, Lt. Ohtobide started working while I covered the door. And indeed, we soon came under fire from Lt. Lavar. I managed to stun her and ordered her to explain her actions - but all she replied with was an exhortation to "come to the Light and be purified."

Realizing that she had somehow been "converted" by one of the Seekers, I delivered her to Dr. Axel in sickbay, and advised him to put her behind a restraining field. I attempted to communicate to the bridge to advise the XO of our progress, but found that communications were down. Lt. Ohtobide and I went back to work on the computer core. However, we came under fire again - still from one of our crew - and this time, I blacked out.

When I came to, Commander Hamelin was holding me in a hostage grip. Once she and Lt. Ohtobide had ascertained that I was indeed Lt. Commander April Coswell, they explained that I had been inhabited by a Seeker of the Light and had put a forcefield up to lock the crew out of the computer core.

It was rather easy to drop that forcefield - apparently the Seeker who had inhabited me didn't bother going beyond my most elementary security codes - but it wasn't easy once inside to regain control of the computer. Apparently I had locked both cores into a level 2 diagnostic loop. We were working against the clock - apparently someone was using the transporter without authorization, and we didn't know at that point what for. I finally went for a power-down and reboot, and managed to regain some control over the computer that way. Commander Hamelin then locked the transporter system under her security codes, but it became clear that someone in the cargo bay - someone with knowledge of the inner workings of the ship - was trying to bypass the lockout.

We made our way there as fast as we could and, once there, Commanders Hamelin and I came under fire from a Seeker-inhabited crew member. We managed to subdue her and I ascertained that 110 crew members had been transported to cargo bay 2 on deck 7 and sedated.

We then activated an energy pulse to force the Seeker spirits to leave our crew.

To: Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations

I reported for my duty shift to the bridge and Cmdr Coswell told me to take main ops and assure we were in silent running. I did as ordered and made a bit of a surprising discovery. The power signatures had been lowered for silent running but the ship's transponder was still broadcasting. I immediately disabled it and reported that to Cmdr Coswell.

After about 15 minutes she informed me that helm had not reported for duty. She instructed me to take helm and transfer main ops to the helm station. I did as ordered. Things proceeded uneventfully for a bit and suddenly helm lost power. The station recycled and power was restored, but the ship dropped out of warp. By this time, Cmdr Hamelin had taken the main chair and was in command. I reported to to her that we had drooped out of warp and our max speed seemed to be 7/8 impulse. At that point Cmdr Hamelin told me to watch the ship carefully and bring us to all stop if the heading changed at all. Unfortunately I misunderstood her to say, “Bring us to all stop and verify the heading as not changed.” So I brought the ship to all stop, verified our heading... and then realized my mistake. I was horrified. I immediately reported the error to Cmdr Hamelin and asked her what she would like me to do. She instructed me to have the ship remain at all stop, and to carefully monitor our power systems.

Power began failing all over the ship. Main power went down and we switched to back up emergency systems/power. Cmdr Coswell tried to bypass a lockout to access the warp system, but was unsuccessful. Cmdr Hamelin ordered us to split into teams and try to rectify the problem. The others armed themselves but I was so new that I had not yet been issued phasers.

Cmdr Hamelin ordered me to stay with her and go to main engineering. She told me to access primary systems from engineering and restore power, environmental control, etc. I went to the console and began trying to access it, but was locked out by a security code. Some crew members came into engineering and began shooting at us. Cmdr Hamelin is an incredible shot, and she managed to stun all of our attackers and secure the room. Then she used her command codes to give me access to the system.

Once I had access, I first restored power to primary systems on the bridge, then restored life support on all decks. After that I restored power to deck 5, which housed the computer core, where Cmdr Coswell and Lt Ohtobide had been assigned to work. Once I had that done, I overheard on the comms that crew members were being transported off of the ship. I restored power to the remaining decks, starting at deck 2. Somewhere in there comms went down. Cmdr Hamelin ordered me to stop working on power restoration and get comms back up. I started to work on that, but soon made a startling discovery. The communication relays were missing... they had vanished. With that, it was impossible for me to restore communication, so the Cmdr ordered me to go back to restoring power.

Some other officers came into engineering and Cmdr Hamelin left. Suddenly there was a power glitch and we were locked out of the control system. The senior officer was a security Lt. She grabbed one of the engineering techs and headed for the main core, ordering myself and another engineer to remain in engineering. That other engineer found a gun and armed herself. Then she suddenly went rigid and I went over to her to see if she was OK. She pointed the phaser at me and... I still can't believe it... but she shot me. I lost consciousness.

The next thing I knew, I was in the corridor outside of engineering, laying face down on the deck, and I had been restrained. Cmdr Hamelin was standing over me. I asked her what happened and she told met that I “saw the light.” I have no idea what she meant by that, but after a while she unrestrained me and helped me to my feet. I was ordered to follow her, and we went to the turbolift, where we met Cmdr Coswell. The two senior officers began to quickly discuss ship status. I was still a bit groggy from having been stunned, and I did not follow their conversation, except to realize that whatever the emergency had been, it was now resolved.

To: Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations

I'd started of my shift down in engineering, doing the usual warp core diagnostics that Commander Merlin had requested. During my tests, I'd noticed a strange flash of light reflect off the surface of the core, and the next thing I knew, I had blacked out. I don't really remember any of what had happened, but the next thing I knew I was waking up to Dr. Axel's face, looking down at me, scanning me with his tricorder. From what I was told, I had been possessed by some sort of energy being. Feeling fine now, as I write this report, but I wish I could remember more.

=========================================================

Conclusion:

I asked engineering to design a "Seeker repellent" which we could install on the outer hull to avoid a repeat of such attacks in the future. It also seems that some of our communications hardware was taken during the attack, which means some work for the Ops team to restore intraship comms.

In service,

Lt. Commander April Coswell
mulgrave Dwi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Medical Log=A=

Summary of the Chief Medical Officer

Supplemental Reports

Patient Summary: Energy being taking control over the consciousness of a living being.

Patient Name: Seekers of the light.

Initial Symptoms/Injuries Presented: Cult behaviour, tries to make everyone of themselves.

Treatment Summary: Used a standardlized commbadge set to frequency 1.3 which gives a minor and harmless jolt to the brainmass of the being effected by the "Seekers". As I did have some information in regards to their energy and behaviour due to their presence in officers in sickbay, I located one sensitive frequency pattern they react and repulse. I do not know how much effective it will be over lenght of time on both the being effected and the "Seeker", that will be needed to be futher studied. So as of currently I do not advice futher use of the "Frequency-commbadge" until I have found out what the pro's and con's are for the use.

It appears that Sonambutril is the only sedative available and strong enough to knock out a humanoid while effected with the "Seeker", and to be kept unconscious for some time but not for very long, around 60 to 90minutes. I have tried Kayolane but with no effect.

In total of medicine used was 5 dermal gel packs, 2 dermalgenerators, 5cc of Sonambutril, 5cc of Kayolane, including 5 commbadges which was fixed by engineer Zapatero as "combat brainwave inducers".

Final Diagnosis:

Post-Treatment Care: For those who were infected I advice a medical checkup.

Additional Comments: Fuzzyness, and feelings like hangover can occure after takeover.

In Service
Signed: Lt. Cmdr. Data Axel M.D.
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS SHeppard- Ensign Araulya Coronet
=A= Science Log =A=

Log entry: Sheppard

**played 4 npc's for the evening so I made a cutaway report**

Individual Reports:

**********Cutaway to the away team*************

I have come to understand the purpose of this device but collecting samples of the metal are eluding me, rather than shutting it off at this point I think Leo and I should work on destroying this sucker before it hurts another person. Better to have a single race irritated with me for denying their forced ascention than to permit them to destroy the quadrant with their fanatasism. Furthermore I will be taking a wee trip to the lower levels to see just what the AI is hiding from us..i've been accepting orders for these 20k years and i'm finding my frustration mounts with the urgancy to get home to complete other things. I won't sacrifice my crewmates, and I won't leave them behind. but that we do not belong in this time presses down on me even more fully, not only reminded by the fact the crew thus far appears the only Human's here but also the fact that I hope we can alter this from happening starting in our own time.

In Service
Lt.jg Araulya Coronet, Science officer, USS Sheppherd

Return to “USS Sheppard Archives”