United Federation Starfleet
USS Sheppard
NCC 74769
=A= Captains log =A=
Captain Mulgrave Dwi
=============================================

Location: 20,000 years in the future, enroute to a chenae repair facility

Captain's log, Stardate 111127

The sheppard will be reaching the chenae facility within the next 36 hours, our hosts will be providing us with alternate quarters for our stay spread across a couple of their science facilities as well as the docks themselves, not the perfect solution but the chenae are willing to do a major overhaul and commander merlin insists that the best thing is to have everyone off to allow the engineers room to work. This ofcourse is not the perfect option, even though they have given us no reason not to trust them i wont just hand over the ship to the chenae, there will be a security contingent and sheppard officers and crew on the ship at all times. There will also be additional security procedures put into force, of which despite some grumbling both commander Merlin and the chenae engineers have agreed to abide by.

As for the rest of the crew, despite this being a good opportunity for shoreleave i cant quite give it to them, we need to find out as much as we can about the chenae and if or how they can help us, the most pressing matter is the similarities between their ftl technology and the anomalies that have been dragging us through time. I need to know if i can trust the chenae and ask them for help in this matter, or if they are in some way linked to what is happening to us.

Computer End log

In service
Captain Mulgrave Dwi
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

CREW MANIFEST

Commanding Officer/Chenae AI T66 - CAPT Mulgrave Dwi
Executive Officer/Lead Scientist Tol'rea - CMDR Jess Hamelin

Chief of Security - LTCMDR Cordova Marabana

Chief of OPS - LTCMDR April Coswell
Asst Chief of OPS - Rich Lombardia
Ops Officer - Helmsman - ENS Melisa Ellison

Science Officer - LT Kathen Ohtobide
Science Officer - LTjg Araulya Coronet
Science Officer - LTjg Leo Ravenheart

Asst Chief of Engineering- LT Alex Zapatero

Guest Starring

Security Officer - MARINE CAPT Kalenna Krupinski
mulgrave Dwi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC-74679
=A= Operations Log=A=

Stardate: 111127
Mission: The Truth, The Whole Truth

Log entry:

I commanded one of the two away teams sent to inspect the facilities at the Chenae repair station, namely the science labs. Helm officer Melisa Ellison was on the second away team, which inspected the crew quarters put at our disposal by the Chenae.

Given what we have learned, I am encrypting this log for Captain's and XO's eyes only.

Individual reports:

To: Captain Mulgrave Dwi, CO, USS Sheppard

Captain, as you know, I was asked by Commander Hamelin to beam two teams over to the Chenae repair facility, visit the premises and undertake preparations to move the crew off Sheppard, as per your instructions. Team Bravo, led by Commander Marabana, went to inspect the crew quarters while Team Alpha, under my command, went one level lower to visit the science facilities.

Once there, we were met with Lead Scientist Tol'Rea, who showed us around the labs. Obviously, their technology is far, far more advanced than ours, and we were not allowed to touch the interfaces. But this slight inconvenience fades in view of what transpired during that visit. What we learned is, in my view, rather worrisome.

First, we learned that the Chenae believe in "The Way" - which teaches them that scientific pursuit is the high art, and the way to enlightenment. The Lead Scientist then added that there was another group, called "Seekers of the Light".

Out of caution, I chose not to reveal to Tol'Rea what we ourselves know of that group. Rather, I hoped to place a few strategic questions to gain more information as we continued the visit.

We arrived at a station where Tol'Rea had to ask for clearance before describing what the device we were looking at was for. It seems, Captain, that the Chenae are experimenting with a device to make themselves into beings of pure energy. They believe that they are fast approaching a point where they won't be able to learn anything more in this state, so the Way teaches them that it's time to evolve - to Ascend. This is the exact same word the Seeker priest - as well as Priestess Lehana - used to describe what their goal was.

It should be noted that this device is far from perfected and, from the Lead Scientist's own admissions, several challenges remain. It seems that they have not managed to ensure that their test subjects, once in energy form, retain self-awareness. However, a link exists between the Chenae and the Seekers - although the Chenae do not seem to have a high opinion of them.

The other link between the Chenae and the Seekers is the use of chronitons. During our tour of the science stations, I gave Lieutenant Ravenheart permission to look around, as long as he remained out of the areas we had been told were off-limits. He did, however, end up in those areas, and found that the Chenae use a power source based around a quantum manifold, using a chroniton-based inversion matrix. The amount of energy thus produced defies the imagination.
His report on this matter will be more detailed than mine.

Given what we have discovered during our tour of the facilities, it would be well-advised to urge extreme caution in our contacts with our hosts. I feel that they have us at a disadvantage - they know everything of us, we know little of them. I suggest that discreet information-gathering would be a worthwhile investment of our energies at this time.

To: Lt. Commander April Coswell, Chief of Operations

This was an educational mission.

I started off my shift taking the the helm en route to the Chanae repair facility. As we approached, I initialized standard dock procedures. Considering the state of the Sheppard, it went fairly well... sort of a docking strut nearly breaking off. A portion of the officers were separated into teams, and we transported over to the station. M group went down to check out quarters where we’d remain for the duration of the repairs to our ship. I felt they’d suffice for our needs. The other team examined their science facilities. The science officers seemed to be incredibly intrigued by the Chanae technology--even I was. It’s not everyday you get a look into the future. At any rate, the Chanae have been saviors for us while we’ve been stuck here. Perhaps they’ll be our key to getting home sooner than later.

Conclusion:

It is my duty to report in this log that Lieutenant Leo Ravenheart disobeyed orders I had given him during this mission. Although his entering an off-limits area. Although his entering an off-limits area seems accidental, he did not immediately attempt to report back or leave the premises. I have had a discussion with him on this matter.

However, his curiosity did provide us with crucial information on the Chenae's power source. While I cannot condone the way he went about gaining that information, his service to the Sheppard should also be noted.

In service,

Lt. Commander April Coswell
mulgrave Dwi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS Sheppard
NCC 74769
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=

Security Status:Blue

Log entry:

The Sheppard has finely reached the Chenae repair station. Do to security risk most of the crew will be staying in quarters on the Chenae station. We will be sending over teams to inspect the condition we will be under while there.

Individual Reports:
LT CMDR Cordova Marabana

Security Status: Blue

Note, when beaming over, the Chenae have disabled any kind of phaser weapon. When asked if I need to have my security practice, I was told we would be given a place to practice and our weapons engaged only in those areas.

The AI unit seemed to be very advance and able to predicted our needs. Quarters were unusual but reasonable.

On one note one of our science officer had moved to the restricted area. The AI unit had been reasonable but firm to keep the officer from gong where he didn't belong.

LT CMDR Cordova Marabana

Individual Reports: M.Capt. Kalenna Krupinski

Security Status:

Upon reassignment to Alpha shift, I've been asked to join the away team headed to the station. Security officers were instructed to be sure to have phasers, although those were disabled by the transporter system on board the station. Inspections of crew quarters commenced following transport while Science teams continued with their duties. Upon inspection, the crew quarters consist of 16 rooms total split equally between two floors. Rooms are color-coded and contain a 'bed', table, and three chairs.
Certain areas of the station are off limits and verbal warnings are in place.

M.Capt. Kalenna Krupinski

Conclusion:
The security on the station is highly advance, using a mobile AI device to monitor and intervene as needed. Any problems will be swiftly handled, but didn't perceive that any unnecessary force would be used.

In service
LT CMDR Cordova Marabana
Chief of Security
mulgrave Dwi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

<<USS Sheppard>>
<<NCC - 74679>>
=A= Engineering Log =A=
Acting Assistant Chief Engineer <Lieutenent> Alexander Zapatero reporting...

Location: 20,000 years in the future, en route to a chenae repair facility

Log entry:

<Practically torn apart from previous battle skirmishes, The Sheppard and it's crew arrive at a very advanced chenae repair facility to make some very much needed repairs.>

Individual Reports:

<As a Sheppard engineer, it is my duty to be optimistic on the repair schedule and diagnostics of the USS Sheppard. Yet, before these Chenae characters showed up, I wasn't ever sure if we'd last in open space, let lone another battle.

Several decks were experiencing environmentally critical status due to the lack of power to their systems. Our last skirmish severed a lot of the conduit and junction ports engineering had in place to these systems. Impulse drive was shot so no hope there. Thrusters took quite a beating as well. We can all just imagine what the Warp Engines looked like as well.

I'd like to give you a report on what Operations was up to but according to mere gossip, Communications was severely damaged and would not to be running anytime soon. Their sensor arrays, both primary and secondary, were completely hammered. The piloting struts of the Sheppard practically fell apart when we landed, so badly that we couldn't really land with them.

Security had its own set of problems as well. Forcefields and emergency bulkheads were probably the only things keeping the torpedo bays from falling apart. Most of the Sheppard's weapon systems resources were completely depleted. Phaser arrays so drained that they probably couldn't even shoot through glass.>

Damage and Repairs Timetable:

<After the Chenae repair station got through with us, most of the Sheppard was repaired back to normal. I was surprised that this repair job Starfleet would have taken years on, was done within a few hours. The only issue that I have at current is the primary central computer core of all main ship functions. Although we are running on secondary, the chief was forced to shut it down during our supernova escape, fearing the Chenae had it set up under their controls. Diagnostics to the main computer mainframe will take some time. With our best engineers on it, I say no more than two days and it should be good enough to integrate back into the Sheppard systems to run the ship more efficiently.>

In Service,
<Lieutenent> Alexander Zapatero
Jess Hamelin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

USS SHeppard- Ensign Araulya Coronet
=A= Science Log =A=

Log entry: Sheppard

Individual Reports:

Finally made it to the Chenae base and all I can do it attempt to not raise hackles. Something about them is off, not in the way the Oclar are, this is more..sneaky, more disturbing, I have lodged my complaint at being forced off ship for the repairs and into temporary quarters on the Chenae Station. Partly because without the setup I have in my room i'll be unable to sleep and otherwise because I find it harder and harder to keep solid form as I continue to resist biological urges. We were given a very basic tour of the ship with the Chenae pretty much only showing us..lesser creatures pet projects in their own labs and having moved any serious work out. One of the projects shown to us is this...machine by which they are attempting to force their evolution into an energy state. To free themselves from solidity. They have trapped an animal they put through their machine in an attempt to understand why it no longer holds to the same ideals, principles..why it isn't itself still..for a race that thinks themselves far more intelligent than our out of time selves, I have relented any shred of showing them otherwise. I have been melding with Leo more often both to securely share our information and to help solidify my own form. Leo has become a dear friend and bunkmate in seeing me through my more rage filled nights for all attempts however, we have both been unable to shake that something isn't right with the Chenae, and while I will continue to hold to my code of honor, I'm afraid I may be forced to some of my older skills to find information.

In Service
Lt.jg Araulya Coronet, Science officer, USS Sheppherd

Return to “USS Sheppard Archives”