UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Pinastri
Ship/Station Posted: USS Sheppard
Grid: SL

Elizabeth, begin recording Personal Log

**Working**

Personal Log, Stardate 060919.

Its been a very eventful week here on Sheppard. We had several of the officers off on leave, fortunately we've managed to keep the ship glued together even though there were some parts that may or may not have broken....

I've been running simulations with the ships computers to further my skills as the Helmsman. I've truly enjoyed learning what she can do and what she can't. I have even found a few tricks that I can't seem to find in any of Startfleet's official record books. The simulations seem to indicate that they will work, though it in real application may leave the crew bathed in partially digested meal.

My favorite is a complete spinning loop over and then under an enemy ship passing directly either from bow or stern while firing phasers as she goes. The looping manuver allows the Sheppard's main phasers to basically rake across the dorsal and ventral body of the enemy using her most powerful phasers and keep our main dorsal sheilding only visible to the enemy. The other benefit is that the Sheppard can start from a known point of defense, run the attacking manuver and return to the same point of start in a very short period of time. If you time it right, you can pivot on the X axis when returning and end still facing the enemy.

I hope to convince Commander McDunner to let me try it one day in a real simulation. I just hope the Captain will allow it as well.

End Recording and Save.

**Log Saved**
“Life every man holds dear; but the dear man holds honor far more precious dear than life.” -- William Shakespeare

Access Service Jacket

Return to “USS Sheppard Mess Hall”