Personal Log: Hawke Phoenix

Moderators: Rich Lombardia, Femafirefrick

Hawkephoenix Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Pinastri
Ship/Station Posted: USS Sheppard
Grid: SL

**enters room and sits down at the desk. Hawke is desperately trying to escape the ever present sounds of snoring from his cabin-mate, Slash. **

Sometimes, these Vulcan ears are a curse. Elizabeth, play Earth standard symphony music, Baroque period, set volume to level 5, and begin recording Personal Log.

**working, (music plays)**

Personal Log, Stardate 190824.

I've been working hard the last few days programming some new stored maneuvers for Sheppard. She's a great ship and has a lot of capabilities that haven't been programmed in as yet. I'm sure the past Pilot's have been good, but for some reason, no stored tactics have been saved.

I researched a few old patterns that I think may be a great use in this quadrant based on some of the species and contacts we come across. It seems as tho most of them don't like us at first and "shake hands" with their weapons. I guess its a Survival of the Fittest quadrant.

I programmed the Picard Maneuver this afternoon. Some of the lesser advanced ships we come across should find it impossible to face this.

The Picard Maneuver is a battle tactic invented by Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard. In 2355, Picard was in command of the USS Stargazer when it was attacked by an unknown alien vessel, later determined to be of Ferengi origin.

During the engagement, the Battle of Maxia, the Stargazer, which was holding station several million kilometers away from its adversary, suddenly accelerated to warp 9 directly towards the Ferengi ship. Because the enemy was only equipped with light speed sensors, they had no way of knowing that the Stargazer had moved until it was too late. When the light from the newly-moved ship reached the Ferengi ship's sensors, the light from its previous position was still arriving, so the Ferengi saw two Stargazers. Even if they had figured out that the new image was the genuine one in time, it would have been too late, as the Stargazer opened fire as soon as it dropped out of warp, and the Ferengi ship had no time to maneuver out of the way before the phasers and photon torpedoes hit. The Ferengi ship was destroyed. This technique was so successful that it was named after Picard, and there was no known defense against it until 2364.

I created a few of my own maneuvers, but I'll be running them through several simulations before I submit them to Captain Lombardia for approval. I'm really enjoying my new post as Helmsman.

Now, if I can only find a really good set of noise canceling head phones......

End, and Save.

**Log Saved**
“Life every man holds dear; but the dear man holds honor far more precious dear than life.” -- William Shakespeare

Access Service Jacket

Return to “USS Sheppard Mess Hall”