Personal Log Of Medical officer VardaSilver

VardaSilver
Medical - Commander
Medical - Commander
Duty Post: CMO
Ship/Station Posted: SS Nimbus
Grid: Real Life

It began as early as she could remember. The endless trials and teachings of her way, the Vulcan way. She was taught to be obedient and show no feelings to those concerning her, to approach every new curiosity with logic rather than her heart. She grew up rather quickly it seemed in the Vulcan world. Excelling was not only her aspiration, but her duty as a daughter. She studied hard and found herself wanting more than the trappings of the life she knew around her but rather the life her father once knew in the Federation.

Her father was not pleased that she did not want to stay and learn more on Vulcan, to perhaps become a teacher, and her mother wished her to marry soon and become a mother and teacher as well. She knew her duty was to be obedient, but her heart strangely pulled her towards the Federation more and more every day. She approached her parents with a compromise. If she did not make it in the medical school, she would return to Vulcan and become a teacher. Her parents, agreed, though they knew her drive they had no worries that she would not excel, rather they agreed to let her go on her own path.

Varda joined the Federation Starfleet and quickly enrolled as many classes as she could. During that time she was station aboard a medical ship as part of her education when're she met and fell in love with a roman but the name of Wrath. They wed without announcing to their parents on either side, which shocked both ends, since she was promised to another officer in the Vulcan forces who grew furious with the betrayal. Varda and Wrath bore three children: Valoryon, Cidra, and Ruaelle.

Once she passed her classes which had become delayed due to rising her three children with Wrath, she was in the lower level of her own daughter and engineer now named Ruaelle. She finished her classes and enrolled at the station Pathfinder where she can be found today, averting her medical skills on incoming patients.
VardaSilver
Medical - Commander
Medical - Commander
Duty Post: CMO
Ship/Station Posted: SS Nimbus
Grid: Real Life

I had been honing my skills as a Dr. aboard the Pathfinder research station. I set my pad down for a moment to collect my thoughts as the day had gown late with all the back work I had to do since I returned to my post. I reflected on the time I had to take away from my duties due to the fact Wrath was killed in a recent mission he had and my family mourned the loss. My daughter Ruaelle delved deeper into her work to make up for the loss of her father. Almost cloaking herself in the grief as I did by pulling away. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anything like this to happen, nor did I expect what has come in the next few years after. I met ensign Hal Jordan while visiting Pinastri and there we started our new course we are now on. I know he is human, but he is an intelligent as he is kind. This takes me now to the preset where I have become CMO aboard the Pathfinder Research Station.

My duties have evolved past the normal examination, to the more important overseeing of all the incoming patients, but internal stays and outpatients. This was unexpected, but welcomed now as I try to find my way around my career. The death of my parents first played a heavy hand in my state of mind, now the death of my past husband played an even darker one. With the new future I have ahead of me, despite of their passing, it begs me to wonder now the meaning of life in general. What the point is? We come, we live, we work, we love, we bear children, we strive in our careers, and sometimes we die. I have begun to research this longing inside of me with great curiosity. I know some humans have religion, and this religion gets them through some of the darkest times. I too must investigate this as well, as I must come to terms with what troubles me.

Most recently, we were aboard the Vox Aura, when something happened, we hit something, not sure what it was, and we were cast into some kind of bizarre universe. The color of space itself had changed and the stars seemed inverted. In this new place the crew are developing strange anomalies in their health. They have headaches and blurred vision, and pains and aches, that are increasing as they go along. I am trying my best to serve the crew, but without knowing what exactly is causing these symptoms I cannot progress forward as fast as I want it to. I do not know how we got here, but I have to do my best to make sure everyone survives while we are here, and if we will ever get out. I had to take a break, for the pain was becoming bothersome and distracting, and must return to help them further. My husband was experiencing headaches and blurred vision which did worry me, and I did administer some medications to ease those symptoms, but his human form is weaker compared to ours, and I am troubled that the humans aboard the Vox Aura will fail before ours do. I am keeping a close eyes on the symptoms going around and making sure everyone is operating at their best while I trouble shoot what these could be from. My first suspect is pressure, loss of pressure from a similar scenario of being stuck deep under water. It is called decompression sickness, and it is caused by surfacing too quickly after a deep dive. The condition can cause rashes, joint pain, headaches, and paralysis. That is my theory for now. I will continue to work on this as the crew continues to develop new symptoms and hope I can find a cure for it before it is too late. My other worry, is, if it is being cause by this what would happen when we engage into our own universe again? Would the symptoms reverse themselves, or would new ones arise complimentary to the ones that are already taking place. It is hard to know at this point. I must return to my post now, over and out.

Return to “SS Pathfinder Mess Hall”